Thoughts on the state of the modern rap game? Can it remain at the forefront of pop culture for one more decade?

Thoughts on the state of the modern rap game? Can it remain at the forefront of pop culture for one more decade?

Attached: 1_iX7IWmEWlDPwqERGTZ2c-w.jpg (1000x1000, 256K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S_Pmp8VtJwI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

In its current state? Hope not...

There's the odd decent artist around. Kendrick, Kanye and Gambino have all done some good stuff, but overall when you listen to these mumblecore Soundcloud rappers and compare them to the greats like Nas, Wu Tang, N.W.A., Public Enemy, etc. the gulf in class is laughable.

The thing is y'all young people know nothing, y'all probably never heard of Doug E Fresh, Slick Rick. No respect for them OGs
This is when rap was real and retarded bragging about hoes and money was irrelevant
youtube.com/watch?v=S_Pmp8VtJwI

Absolute garbage and rap ruined music. Since this site is full of zoomers, I will be attacked.

I want more people like Juice Wrld but actually good

It's getting gayer and gayer. I even hear some rappers trying to scream now like Brokenside. Like wtf is this shit?

oh wow

It is the hill that pop culture has chosen to die on.

Brokencyde was wayyy ahead of its time. Im pretty sure were gonna see a crunkcore revival soon

>revival
Stop fucking the dead and embrace life.

Do you think were gonna go back to more analog sounding/old school beats? I suppose people are tiring of this overly electronic and edgy sound

Or this current sound will evolve into something even more retarded?

I think you're going to fuck off, get a job, and stop turning to Yea Forums every time you find yourself out of ideas.

Excuse me what the fuck

I'mma come clean, future rap will definitely be based on techno

You think on 4/4 beats or just inspired by it?

>This is when rap was real and retarded bragging about hoes and money was irrelevant
kek

Always gets me, god damn those zoomers. The little do they know

>rap rock will come back
oh goooooooooooooood

Attached: 1527441751672.jpg (300x250, 61K)

What's the matter, kids? Is it too shocking to find that there was a time when rappers were not illiterate, fake, mumbling idiots with face tattoos?

Thugger is the only good artist in that pic

No, the beats will sound more like Pantha du Prince or Demdike Stare, while lyrics will switch from mumbling to hushing now that Billie Eilish is turning into a mainstream breakthrough. I have no doubt that rap will continue to be a dominant force in pop music for at least one more decade

You do realize when rap/hip hop came to be, it was literally just mumbling about random shit like partying?

All of them are irrelevant in 2k19

I really hope this trap sound is gonna die off soon. Its getting really boring and there is nowhere to evolve with the same tr808 sounds