ITCOTCK

What are your thoughts on this album? Overrated? Underrated? I personally loved it.

Attached: in the court.jpg (1500x1489, 398K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Weh5w1ibLWg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

unironically 10/10

Perfect album, though my weariness of the British fairy prog sensibilities of the time made it harder to listen to.

one of the only albums i consider perfect. almost every time i start up 21st century schizoid man i listen to the whole album

9/10
21st Century Schizoid Man stops it from being perfect

I feel like a certain large group of people here underrate it since it can be a bit of an obvious choice.

are u stupid

They got prog right on the first try.

I wonder how people's opinions on it differ based on how they found it, I listened to it after getting into 70s prog so the music seemed normal to me
listening to 21st century schizoid man and epitipah and having no idea what to expect must be crazy

Pretentious/10

Larks and Red are much better but it's still a good album

Good of course, but cliche and everyone knows by heart

I found it because I looked up the song to this video and saw people comment King Crimson

youtube.com/watch?v=Weh5w1ibLWg

I don't think it was farfetched for me cause I already listened to a few different kinds of music.

9/10 the useless part of Moonchild keeps it from being 10/10

Why is the quiet improv the best part of the album Yea Forums? It gives me feelings I've never felt while listening to music before.

Because the way the intro sets up this somber fairy story just makes you imagine every instrument as this magic being just conversing for 5 minutes. Not only are they trying to understand each other musically but thematically as well. 10/10 album.

i was heavily into my early teens 70s prog elitism when i first heard this album

>listening to 21st century schizoid man and epitipah and having no idea what to expect must be crazy

King Crimson was the first prog band I've listened to, it was pretty cool.

I never thought of it this way before. I agree, 10/10.

Ersatz shit!!!

My personal number one favorite album that offers almost everything I want to hear in an album.

lark's is better

Attached: banedab.gif (487x342, 240K)

A couple of years since I last heard it, used to love it, but I'm not too much into prog rock these days.

It was a pretty great experience but I am surprised you didn't listen to it before getting into 70s prog because it is one of the most iconic gateway albums.

This

overrated by who, underrated by who.
most people have never heard of it, so for most people it's underrated, probably.
i listened to it once and thought it was fine, even good, but had no desire to listen to it again.

i had just got into prog rock but i wanted something more jazzy
hard nut on the first few seconds

How do we feel about pic related though? I remember reading fripp thinks the album is unlistenable after a few years that it was made, but personally I like it so much that I barely listen to it just to not overused it. Most that I can remember as of now is that the first two parts of the title track (Prince Rupert Awakes and Bolero: The Peacock's Tale) would give me the most intense shivers a song ever gave me.

Attached: King-Crimson-Lizard-Atlantic-Photo.jpg (1080x720, 283K)

I like the title track on this and Islands the most on these two, but generally prefer Islands as a whole. Happy Family and Indoor Games don't really cut it for me.

good but overrated
their other albums are better