God this is so fucking boring, I literally cant make it past the first 3 tracks

God this is so fucking boring, I literally cant make it past the first 3 tracks

Attached: a1673180911_10-770x470.jpg (770x470, 69K)

I don't think it's bad, but I too have trouble paying attention. After a while, I filter it out as ambient.

This board is always shitting on Fantano but rarely posts anything about new obscure albums until he reviews them.

Its the epitome of generic. If this came out 40 years ago it would still sound unoriginal

Shes on fucking subpop, do you hoenstly think thats obscure?

bruh this is currently #1 for 2019 on rym

yeah gotta be honest im not really digging her super solemn delivery. I hear her influences loud and clear - Joni, Karen Carpenter, Sandy Denny, Judy Dyble, and I love all that shit, but she's aping it too hard for my taste.

>implying people haven't been talking about it since release
>implying this is in any way obscure
Fantano fags are retarded

The future has been cancelled. Everything is about reliving the past

Attached: 989898798.png (656x900, 318K)

pleb detected

it's literally number 1 on rym

Yea,and it has been in the top even before its release

over hyped because muh womyn. its not bad, but lets not act like trannies on rym dont eat that shit up

v true. meanwhile veteran Chris Cohen, who produced her last album, just released a pretty good album and no one even noticed

Can we fuck off with this shit yet?
This being by a female is more detrimental than anything especially on mu. If this was by a male everyone would be obsessed. I can't stop listening to it and just about everyone loved it before it got too much hype.
It's just not as accessible as it seems like it would be and some people just don't want to like it.

It's just Father John Misty with a vagina

It's a 10
mu is literally a parody of music opinions

Yea, it's good but it's very repetitive. It would be like if FJM made an entire album that sounded like Leaving LA.

Attached: FatherJohnMisty_2017_promo_04_GuyLowndes_1520x2295_300-e1502840557742.jpg (1200x1205, 258K)

>thinking beautifully sung and written music with chord progressions that are almost proggy at times is boring

I guess you’re boring

Thank God someone reasonable. The same thing happened with the Mitski album last year.

Yea Forums shits on women if they make a bad album and still do the same if they make a good album

thank you for posting your opinion and assuming that everyone cares

>I guess you’re boring

Attached: 1538395794999.jpg (512x511, 57K)

>chord progressions that are almost proggy
What does this even mean

Something being unoriginal does not make it bad, you literal children. Of course Natalie did not invent psychedelic baroque pop and this type of music has been done in the past, but who the fuck cares? Her take on this style is great. I am a fan of pretty much all of the people she is being compared to — baroque pop is my favorite genre — and I find the album engaging from beginning to end. The arrangements are gorgeous and there are always plenty of interesting things going on, as the songwriting and the production are amazing.

The idea that we shouldn’t praise a musician for making good music because their work isn’t groundbreaking is pathetic. Also I would argue that this album is groundbreaking considering it’s been a while since a pop or rock release has featured such consistently great writing.

Nice user. Not everything has to break the fucking wheel to be exceptional.

Someone made a post about the album feeling like a lament to love and relationships in a post 3rd wave feminism world and it was really interesting because the styles shes drawing on were doing the same thing in the 70s after some big gender shifts during the 60s and free love and all that. I love those themes and I think a lot of people can relate to them right now, being confused about what a modern relationship is sposed to look like and not knowing exactly what kind of love we're all supposed to be holding out for anymore. There are a even a couple lyrics about some people just being left behind in love amidst the confusion that make me sad for the incel types.
I think it's a really really good snapshot of 2019, and the start of a transitional phase away from traditional roles and the sadness or longing of being stuck in it and confusion of not knowing where it's going to go next. Theres some opitmism about the future in there too.
I don't know why sone people are getting such a strong narrative and some people get nothing from it but it is what it is. I just think it's so well done but if so many people aren't getting the narrative maybe she could've been even more literal, not sure if that might've made it better.