Record Store Day Thread

RSD Thread - What do you think of this years releases? What are you gonna buy tomorrow? Anything you're disappointed by? Any predictions for next year?

Attached: RSD.png (795x529, 762K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PZqQT5904_U
utopia.com.au/catalogsearch/result/index/?dir=desc&fbclid=IwAR2b6EDkwK5tCgI0uQ2SZ32S9IWR726SxgqMAvtkKmfbFb3NZi2N-3n9-Ew&order=created_at&p=1&q=rsd 2019
mega.nz/#F!aAUnzKyJ!5C2b2C0iKDrkflUu9lUT4g
discogs.com/Trey-Parker-Matt-StoneCast-Of-South-Park-Mr-Hankeys-Christmas-Classics/release/9408003
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Allman Brothers, Grateful Dead, maybe new Jeff Tweedy, REM live release

Dragonfly - Dragonfly

I was kinda disappointed this year honestly. I wish they would've reissued some old folk classics, but it's always some hidden Neil Young or Sun Ra album, which is still pretty cool but it seems like every fucking year. Also the Todd Rundgren Singles could be nice.

Attached: 20190413_104759.jpg (720x1039, 148K)

personally, I never really care about record store day since it rarely has any releases i like. But, either way it's always a nice excuse to splurge on records and support some indie record stores!

Only good things are:
> Lou Reed - Ecstasy
> My Chem - Black Parade
idgaf

lol, mcr.

Yeah, that's what i intend to do. My local record stores have good used selections so I'm mostly going for those.

Trying to cop:
>Acid Mother's Invisible Eyes
if it's actually available in my region.
>John Cage Meets Sun Ra
The one thing I really want
>Trout Mask Replica
On the fence about this since I'm sure I could a nice earlier pressing for cheap
>Saucerful of Secrets mono
The Piper mono release was damn good so it'd be nice to have this.
>Sunn O))) - Life Metal
>Death Grips - Steroids

Oh shit. The Reels. Dude!

I bought Twin Peaks Season 2 and More, and MCR - The Black Parade is Dead. Couldn't get Steroids or Bill Evans

>I bought
Is it already 04/13 where you're at?

Why wouldn't it be?

Oof die you fucking consumerist pigs! Free julian assange

Timezones and all that jazz

The Residents - B.S

someone rip that for us

Hoping for Life Metal but I doubt it will be available where I am.

>The Dream Syndicate - The Days of Wine and Roses
It says this is a regional focus type thing, where? Is it on middle east coast?

I'm pretty much just going to get the lost in translation soundtrack, the new modest mouse single (I actually really liked it desu), gorillaz - the fall (I know it's just "first released on rsd" but I need some gorillaz in my collection), and I'mma try to see if my store has the winter record.

all i want is saucerful mono but i dont feel like dealing with human beings tomorrow so i'll just wait a few weeks and get it for $15 above msrp

yeah, im in nz

I thought I was the only one here that liked the reels. Fuck yeah

hahaha alot of rsd exclusives are america only

The Reels aren't. Who gives a shit about the rest.

but what if you go out and meet a qt psych rock girl when your hands both reach for the Saucerful record at the same time? and then you eventually date and get married and sit on your porch tripping on LSD while your kids Pink and Floyd run around in the yard

AUS here, wasnt bad. Got what i wanted. Got the new sunn record too but gave it to my mate, hes a nuch bigger fan than me

Attached: 20190413_123722.jpg (3264x1836, 1.51M)

BASED AUSSIE POSTER

I GOT EXCITED WHEN I SAW THE 1ST REELS ALBUM WAS GETTING REMASTERED

>john cage meets sun ra

Is there a recording for this or is the 7" the only way to listen to it? They had it at the place i went to but i wasnt particularly keen on getting it

Also the dude behind me looked like someone who would definitely browse this site. He got the death grips release too

i care about death grips, but honestly yea.

>tfw everyone i talked to were after the pearl jam live album

I wonder if thats an indication of how bad the list was this year?

is the new sunn oooo any good and does it come with a DL code?

>police message in a bottle 2x7"
>30 US DOLLARS
seriously, A&M?

Attached: pepe.jpg (400x381, 25K)

Anyone buy The Residents B.S. album yet?

HUMP
DE
BUMP

ausfag here. told myself i wouldn't get anything but the deals @ landspeed records were too good

Attached: 57360281_2291594111083461_7932431397413715968_n.jpg (243x480, 41K)

Kinda scared I'll miss out on the Insides record. I think it's the most 'liked' on the RSD facebook page...doesn't bode well... had no idea they were that popular...

No, it sucks.

Not even going. No sense in dealing with bullshit traffic, lack of parking spaces, and an overcrowded store all for overpriced releases. I support my local independent record store the rest of the year.

I wished the US got the 808 State Boxset. I wasn't too impressed what was offered.

This is what you get for falling for the vinyl and vinyl reissue meme, faggot.

I have Steroids coming in but that's it for RSD variants. Picking up Bell Witch - Longing along with it. I also upgraded my entire system save for the amplifier, so can't wait to spin all day tomorrow.

>implying pards know who 808 state is

Alright, well i'm going to sleep extra early so that i can get up early and get everything i want. Suggest you anons do the same. Will make another thread tomorrow so that we can bicker more. Good luck!

checked

let's just keep bumping this one

NO SLEEP TILL

>no Depreciation Guild in my store

FUCK

Attached: ilme.jpg (529x416, 48K)

Would love to pick up Life Metal and Steriods but I'm from butt fuck nowhere in the UK so I'm not holding out.

The only thing I really wanted was the Bill Hicks record but none of the UK stores are stocking it.

>tfw every year it's only men waiting in line
One day there will be a qt. One day.

Attached: AC553941-AE95-42E4-A5B7-6EC9EEF7DEE0.jpg (263x192, 6K)

This is the first year RSD has fallen on a day I'm not working and now that it has I don't feel like going.

Pearl jam fans are dumb but crazy most limited runs go for alot of money down the road

Anyone listen to life metal yet? Is it good?

He hasn't produced anything of worth in years. It's gonna suck.

Thanks for the confidence bud

Not RSD here yet but shooting for:

Captain Beefheart - TMR
Death Grips - Steroids
Modest Mouse - Poison The Well
MCR - The Black Parade is Dead

Is Death Grips in real high demand? Would it be wiped clean just three hours in? I'm tying to sleep in over here

>Is Death Grips in real high demand? Would it be wiped clean just three hours in? I'm tying to sleep in over here
I second this question. Is it gonna be another Government Plates situation?

Why is the Weezer Teal Album listed as RSD-exclusive? It's also on Amazon to be released in May.

Grips will be gone within minutes if you have fans waiting in line.

Record store employee here. I'm expecting Death Grips, Trout Mask, Saucerful, and My Chemical Romance to sell out within the first hour. If you don't get there early, you will probably lose them.

>Is it gonna be another Government Plates situation?
Not nearly that bad. There were only 900 copies of GP, while this comp EP has over 3000. But yeah, they'll still go fast.

>He
They're a band.

What State?

Texas

Yeah, like NIN or Sun Kil Moon

>doors open at 7AM
>it's 2AM now
>didn't sleep last night
>can't sleep tonight
the only reason i'm bothering this year is bc i got shafted out of government plates and i will not get shafted by a death grips drop this time around

It has always been Anderson and O'Malley

There are three 'tiers' to RSD
>Exclusive
These are only available today
>Regional
These are exclusive, but only available in certain unspecified regions of the country
>RSD First
These are "first" pressings made available a few weeks before they're available everywhere else.

jesus really? there were actually 0 record stores in my area that black friday but I figured I would be able to drive up to Toronto that weekend and find a copy. how foolish I was

yeah, but the site has the Teal Album under the "exclusive" category

Oh...Maybe it's a colored pressing or some shit? Who knows.

I've just checked my local (read: 35 miles away) record stores RSD listings and the Sunn O))) album is £34

Bruh

Yeah. 900 is a really low number for a pressing from a major act, too.
The Fashion Week/Interview comp had 3000.

Record store opens at 9 am, I’m showing up at 8 am because I’m finishing my night shift. Is one hour early a decent chance at grabbing Steriods? Waterloo region.

They released the complete recording a few years ago. I recommend not wasting your time; it's really quite awful.

Death Grips isn't a "major act".

Depends. I have to show up 3 hours early for my store if I want to be in the first ten in line.

For this event, they are. Why else would their releases sell out instantly and command ridiculously inflated prices on discogs?

I want to buy the south park record. Should I?

Breaking Bad Soundtrack
Pete Rock
Fela Kuti and Roy Ayers
Turks Fruit soundtrack by Rogier van Otterloo

I'm psyched by these, but missed a great Ennio Morricone soundtrack. La Stagione Dei Sensi.
Copped it on soulseek. Some of the best shit ever.

Attached: Mp7DOnch.jpg (698x394, 39K)

if you want to, then yes

Go for it user

Nice

what;s the deal with these 3" singles?

The pressing available for RSD is a teal vinyl, the pressings available elsewhere are black vinyl.

For Record Store day I would consider them to be. Just look at how much Government Plates sells for.

Gonna try and get the green river live album

Only going for Grateful Dead - Sage & Spirit

How much do you think Death Grips Steroids will go for on discogs?

youtube.com/watch?v=PZqQT5904_U

omg this breaking bad soundtrack is blowing my mind. the music selection is 10/10. Didn't remember it to be so soulful. Actually kinda hoped it was more Dave Porter.. But this is blowing me away.

Already up for $120

Was thinking of trying to snag to but I'm not sure if I'll even be able to get one.

fuck, this thread is making me paranoid about whether I'll be able to get anything good

Attached: 1514813353143.jpg (480x480, 20K)

Get ur ass over there before its too late, bro

send a drone to the record store (with a machine gun attached to it)

My record store doesn't stock anything for RSD but I always just go in and pick up a CD for the spirit of it.

Waited at my local record store since 6 AM
They let me in to get one record at 7:50 with another guy who came there at 7 AM

They only had 2 copies of this!!!!!!!!!

I got one and some random hipster got the other later at 9 AM when the store officially opened up

I'm keeping it sealed

Attached: GOT_THAT_BREAD.jpg (2268x2526, 3.06M)

but I'm Canadian, I have no idea where to even get a machine gun!

Attached: tfw canadian.png (634x599, 305K)

damn. was hoping to see the white vinyl.

Fuck flippers

I'm waiting for someone else to open his
I'm sure it will come around at some point

;)

also, out of curiosity I looked up where to buy a machine guy in my area and the first result was a local shooting range with this review
the sad part is, from looking at his other reviews this is 100% unironic

Attached: nice.png (505x220, 12K)

I've never even listened to Death Grips but every other post talking about wanting this RSD release makes me curious. How does Steroids compare to their other material?

it's basically a 20 minute progressive industrial hip hop song

Don't start with Steroids, fwiw

What is the point of buying RSD-first

to support your local independent record store

It'll be worth more than the regular pressing.

God I wish that Steroids pressing wasn't US exclusive

There's a thread up right now that's got mega links for it if you wanna check it out.

link to thread

>

Flip baby shark

Based

I want that Lost In Translation record but I'm not driving all the way to Pensacola and then wait for the record store owner to announce where his pop up store is 30 minutes before he opens. I'm just gonna get there and it's already gonna be taken, and that's pretty much all I really cared for in his stock.

Yikes its a piece of cardboard bro

fucks sake i wait in line from 6am to buy dg, which my local said theyd ordered in, i wait 2 hours and go to buy it and im told they didnt receive any. fucks sake. Any other uk anons have this problem???

What d'you reckon lads

Attached: not bad.jpg (3264x2209, 2.4M)

Awesome TMR and Zappa cop dude.
this is me. Really happy with it.

Same with dg and booker t :/

Guy in front of me snatched the last Steroids pressing in the shop. So fucking pissed. Just gonna go home.

currently listening, really good

In line to buy DG and Gorillaz. 12 people ahead of me. Wish me luck, store only has 4 copies of steriods.

Nice B.S.
main thing I'm going for

Do I need the three inch player

Whoa dude, you bought some represses. You're so badass.

u jelly

Bought DG and GD

Attached: C3D9F085-2AB4-4D87-B9BB-D81D27C0EF8D.jpg (2040x1004, 643K)

Not really. If I wanted any of those albums I would hunt down original pressings since they'd be cheaper and I wouldn't be an obvious poser faggot.

Fags like you killed record collecting, but thankfully you retards have left behind a glut of perfectly good CDs that let me grab a dozen for the price of one of your overpriced meme represses.

its just a bit of fun mate

>Not really.
So a little?

>keeping it sealed
Someone else deserves that much more than you, you scum bag

Nah. I have plenty of records.

you must be a complete bitch

Attached: B5B89AA9-F357-41C5-9899-32841EE705C6.png (364x322, 56K)

I really like their first (and generally considered best) album and like Steroids a lot more than their newest release Year of the Snitch

Copped Steriods and Gorillaz. All Steriods copies were gone in under 30 seconds. I waited 90 minutes before store opened. So fucking happy boys.

Im at Amoeba Hollywood, theres about 50-60 ahead of me. I waited since 11:30PM last night and the store doesnt open for another 4 hours. Its the biggest record store ever afaik so Im expecting more copies than most, but if I dont get Steroids Imma be so pissed, lads

Attached: maxresdefault (7).jpg (1280x720, 59K)

yesman here again. it;'s currently 6 am and it's cold as tits. i wanna know if i should go up to my local record shop of choice and wait in line or if i'll be able to get steroids.

>Nah.
So not vehemently no?

Nah, a vehement no would indicate to you that "see, you are jelly!"

You're making a strong case for not being jealous.
Next time, user. Next time.

It's not tho... I'm in Canada and I got a copy.
North American exclusive maybe

How did I do, lads

>record store gives out free beer and snacks
>and had like fifteen extra Steroids
Love ya SD

Attached: 002DD817-48BB-4078-BBE3-9D5563EBBB75.jpg (4032x3024, 2.53M)

>Sideways
Fuck mobile posting

The one I went to was giving away free copies of a Rolling Stones album with every purchase lol

Was it the beer from the posters they were giving out? Dogfish Head?

I got the BrBa album as well. Especially side 1 is has some mind blowing music. Impressive soundtrack. And the goodiesss. Stickers etc. Very nice.

No, pic related

Attached: 39965364-52B9-4149-A853-B659DF6B7DDB.jpg (1152x1719, 991K)

>tfw working

get good albums lads

Only have one local record store and they don't have the Sunn O))) album

Attached: tumblr_mq6wg5WT8o1rsztcfo1_400.png (379x389, 75K)

My store had 4 copies of Steroids.

I bought then all and will be flipping them for $200 a pop.

is the material on the EP or whatever it is any good? will dg fans go nuts for it?

>tfw local store had 2 for sale and they were selling them for 75 AUD each

fuck that

>asked mom to drive to the next city over and wait like less than an hour in line at this one record store because the city we live in only has like one or two record stores and only one would probably have Steroids, but still no guarantee I’d get it
>she already got me a copy of Steroids,TMR, and the Twin Peaks season 2 soundtrack
I love my mom so much. I’m still waiting in line at my local store to see if I can get A Saucerful of Secrets and possibly The Black Parade is Dead

Attached: D8C00F6E-7AF1-43EB-B000-B3BD5500839D.jpg (759x847, 110K)

Jesus, that's $53...

Maybe I'm lowballing it with $200...already sold one, so might as well jack it up higher

MODS

The line goes for two blocks in front of me. I'm getting table scraps.

>those comments on the discogs entry

man you flippers really know how to get under everyone's skin lmao

dude theres people on this board that dont have their drivers licence in their late 20s

I’m 19 dummy. Unlike you, I happen to have a mom that loves me :^)

Nah. I have a license. I drove to one store and she drove to another

Got the one thing I wanted.

Attached: 4B07ECDE-276E-4A64-91B1-2A8FD370B34A.jpg (4032x3024, 2.62M)

whats that golden ticket?

what’s that golden twinkle in your eye

:(

Attached: 7DAFC2FA-9908-4572-B485-FFA68F7FAF24.png (572x550, 96K)

First 30 people in line get a free shirt and tote bag. The bag is the blue you’re seeing under the album.

Gabagool?
Ova here!

Attached: 404AADB8-C2A1-4FA8-91AB-1E625C6A8730.jpg (4032x3024, 1.96M)

WOKE UP THIS MOOORNIIING

You're 19 and you still cant drive? That's actually seriously pathetic

Is the vinyl colored?

Unfortunately, the theme song is not on this one.
This is the Seasons 2/3 soundtrack. The theme is only on the Seasons 1/2 soundtrack.

>wait in line
>everything you want sold out

Was planning on getting Bone Thugs too but some boomer that was like 4 spots ahead of me got it.
Just get there early.

Attached: thumbnail_20190413_093823.jpg (1280x826, 177K)

Mind Ripping B.S for us?

You didn’t read my other post. I HAVE A LICENSE. I drove to one store and she drove to another.
Update: she got tons of free cds and posters and shit. Today’s a good day

i didn’t go early enough. Huge line around the block. Going to another store as we speak but i doubt theyll have what i’m looking for.

For the user that wanted to see the white vinyl

Attached: C9451387-1C66-49A5-82BB-732652592AB5.jpg (4032x3024, 1.7M)

>store opens at 9
>get there just before 730
>about 7th in line
>1st dude got there at midnight
>2nd dude got there at 430

i mean i got everything i wanted but id have no chance against these record fiends. the 1st dude legit bought 20 rsd releases, i wouldve raged if i missed out due to that jerk

Ayy fellow patrician. I copped Fetti and LiT too. Also went back to double check for Suno))) and found a spare Death Grips

>steroids is unavailable in the EU
life is suffering

B.S. ain't a repress, and the Zappa has never been on vinyl before, poser.

What did yall get Yea Forums? I got there an hour early and was 4th in line, got everything I wanted. Surprisingly no one else wanted steroids, as I left the other 2 copies sat on the shelf.

Attached: rsdhaul.jpg (976x2016, 469K)

user absolutely and utterly btfo with FACTS and LOGIC, how will user ever recover?

Attached: 1536113539570.png (1280x1280, 562K)

Update: Got everything I wanted at the new store. It was $$$ but got em.

>tfw everyone got the death grips except me

honestly didnt think it was going to be popular, also the guy behind me was eyeing it off and they only had one left from memory. didnt want to be an asshole

How much did they gouge you by? Mine were only 2 dollars above marked.

How would that be an asshole move? You were there first, you should get it.

$50 moose bucks for death grips idk what the regular price is

Noooooooo we have lines for a reason :( you should’ve gotten it, user

White.

Dang they got you by about 17cad, its supposed to be 25usd. Lucky you got it though, been seeing a lot of people miss out.

desu i already got what i wanted and im not the biggest dg fan (my favourite album of theirs is GP for christ sakes). i dont really mind since it made his day

kek

Attached: dg.png (1252x368, 44K)

>tfw record store close to where i live has already put up their leftovers online

utopia.com.au/catalogsearch/result/index/?dir=desc&fbclid=IwAR2b6EDkwK5tCgI0uQ2SZ32S9IWR726SxgqMAvtkKmfbFb3NZi2N-3n9-Ew&order=created_at&p=1&q=rsd 2019

about 3 pages worth. its all overpriced as fuck but in auscuck $

Attached: 1482402290908.jpg (395x387, 18K)

I shouldve got someone to buy the others to resell lol.

for you weezer fans, was the blue album b sides release worth getting?

I got Steroids (of fucking course) and the Bob Dylan test pressing. I would've liked the Residents B.S. record but since the record store I went to was so fucking crowded I just left knowing that since it's limited to 1400 it's very likely people already got it. Oh well. The people I talked to in line were very nice at least.

Anyone get the mastodon release? How bad is the stairway cover??

Yeah I was expecting to get shafted. I’m happy though, they only had one copy and I haven’t bought a record for a while. Also got the LiT soundtrack.

Camped out overnight to claim my city's only copy of B.S.
Also got Steroids, the Frank Black releases and the DEVO box.

Attached: 1554853148411.jpg (260x273, 61K)

you're too gnarly for us, fren

Maybe, if you REALLY like the blue album. Most of it is live versions of the songs.

damn, what a madlad.

What's B.S.?

Baby Sex, the Residents release

src vinyl (some canadian record store) tend to put up a lot of their rsd shit online not long after the day itself. might see what they have left over from the day

>be me
>wake up early to go to records store
>huge "fuck you" line
>ohfuck
>Wait in line
>Finally get in, everything gone.
>Feel defeated since it's my first RSD
>Fuck I guess I'll try this small one across town
>Turns out they havent opened yet
>5 people in line
>Walk in, both records I want right there.
>In and out in 3 minutes
>Step outside, first day that I don't need my winter coat
>Walk around with my records
>mfw

Attached: happypepe.jpg (360x360, 28K)

Bull Moose too

what did you get?

1/2

Attached: dg.jpg (450x800, 56K)

Baby Shark and Sunn O)))

2/2

Attached: lit.jpg (450x800, 37K)

I made out pretty alrightthis year.

Attached: IMG_20190413_092354_551.jpg (540x540, 89K)

kek, yeah I can relate. The guy in front of me had his son (he's in his 50's maybe 60's) go to a smaller record store while he went to a more popular record store at the same time. There was apparently like 20 people in the line he told me. So, if the record you're looking for is common, I'd say go to a smaller record store and it'll save you some time.

it's been storming like crazy all morning so i'm just going to go later and pick through the leftovers. the one thing i really want is a rsd-first so i'm not super bummed.

wouldnt be surprised if half of those death grips records is owned by Yea Forumstants

>ODB
Nice

Dat ass, indelible in the hippocampus...

that frank zappa release was the first to go at every record store i went to. fuck it must have been quite sought after

is there literally any reason to get the Yes repress or should I just get an old/used one?

Get the old one

top tier user

something tells me that theres going to be an absurd amount of the teal album sitting on the shelves of record stores around the world after this

hello!

Attached: IMG_1326.jpg (4032x3024, 2.01M)

I just got back, the shop that I was at had stock so I grabbed one.
Really poor fills though, tons of weezer and howard stern but only a few Zappa, two death grips and no midnight oil at all

>that south park box set

didnt even know it existed. man, flippers are going to be selling that for a fortune

Attached: 1477734879606.jpg (600x885, 36K)

oh yeah, especially Dusty Gems. Everyone wanted the Teal Album, and almost no one wanted it.

buying my third steroids record right now

>midnight oil

ausfag?

It wasn’t movin at the shop I was at

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 1.96M)

Leaf actually, but I still like them

>Strictly Discs
Ayy I hit up Strictly this morning too. My buddy and I copped the last two coppies of Steroids. Wish the beer had more orange flavor though.

It's strange the same releases have varying prices depending on the store. I got Steroids for only $25.

i mean that was apparently an australian release only. wouldnt be surprised if you guys ended up with some of those records though

>South Park
There was only one of those in the shop I was at and it was bought by some giggling autist in a South Park shirt so I guess he deserved it more than me
Mind posting a pic of the die cut records?

>Mind posting a pic of the die cut records?
wait, it's just the sleeve thats die cut, it is I who am the autist

Was it? It was on the RSD Canada list
If it’s like last year stock will keep showing up for another couple weeks, there is always stuff showing up late

oh shit well there you go. keep looking, it will probably show up at some point. for what its worth i went to a few record stores today and none of them managed to get a copy of that LP (and i live in ausfagland)

How was the crowd in Portland?

Should I take the effort to rip the Blood on the Tracks Test Pressing?

Also they only had one copy of the Acid Mother's Temple release which I was really pulling for

Attached: IMG_20190413_105117~2.jpg (3036x1993, 1.27M)

My store didn't get anything I wanted, but they were selling literally everything used for half off, so I copped Blackstar and In Rainbows for $40 with both in VG+

Attached: 220px-Zoe_Quinn,_September_2015_(1)_cropped_(cropped).jpg (220x262, 12K)

this is a true Yea Forums mans haul

Got Depreciation Guild and Sunn O))). Eh, it's something.

Got Life Metal and a few other non-RSD records because every non-RSD related was 20% off. Got me out of my apartment at least.

mega.nz/#F!aAUnzKyJ!5C2b2C0iKDrkflUu9lUT4g

The Residents - B.S MP3 320

Can't even disagree with yeah even though I don't see Acid Mother's posted much.

Did they have like 10 albums available? cuz you all got the same shit.

Attached: IMG_1328.jpg (4032x3024, 1.56M)

RIP. I got a copy, discovered it YESTERDAY and messaged my store, they happened to have ordered a couple, owner's a fan

super sweet

and the popout

Attached: IMG_1329.jpg (4032x3024, 1.95M)

I saw some guy get really bummed out that they didn't have a particular RSD release. Didn't hear what he wanted, but he got a little too mad. Had long hair but was going bald. Probably wanted Zappa.

im definitely going to try to get my hands on this

fuckin boomers lmao

Well every year there's a handful of releases that the majority of Yea Forums is after. Steroids being the big one this year.

Neat

>he didnt see my post

true. I'm ripping it rn for the vinyl purists out there.

If you don’t mind me asking, you’re not the guy from All That Music, are you?

I actually sounds REALLY good for being digitally sourced most likely.

did you get the John Cage & Sun Ra album (or whatever it was) cuz that was the only good thing I saw. maybe the zappa record and the south park just for the meme

Amazing. How much was this?

the fact that Yea Forums likes death grips and kevin shields isn't really news at this point.

>there was a mr hankys christmas classics release for black friday rsd a few years ago
>mfw its almost impossible to find now

Attached: 1527069934508.png (482x427, 79K)

nah

>1 for sale at $149
discogs.com/Trey-Parker-Matt-StoneCast-Of-South-Park-Mr-Hankeys-Christmas-Classics/release/9408003

holy fuck, that's weird for something that had 3000 made.

$80
It also comes with a lyric book and versions 2500-5000 have green and blue kyle/stan LPs

Why would it be? I am just surprised that all of the people that wasted time to wait in lines for this shit got the same albums. Most of them are Yea Forumscore anyway surely they can buy some other version of the records.

oof. yeah I saw that. what is whit the weed/420 album. the others might be ok. I like the album on the left

its cheech and chong up in smoke. its for my dad, he was a fan of their memery back in the day

>scented vinyl

does it smell like poos?

>surely they can buy some other version of the records
Not sure what you mean by this.

Most RSD releases are rare, one time pressings or rare re releases.

I can only assume it does

Damn. Didn't even know about it. Doubt my store had it anyway.

Attached: 1498886858129.png (474x696, 121K)

Damn, wasting no time.

Attached: Capture.png (891x351, 269K)

Up in Smoke is fun. One of only Cheech and Chong films I revisit.
>John Cage & Sun Ra album
It's a dvd of the performance. I'm personally ripping it right now but it looks like they've got a lot of protections on it so its taking a bit.

>Record Store Day

Attached: nu-male wii.jpg (448x441, 22K)

Yeah it's up on discogs right now for $150

ok that's cool. I hope he likes it

>Most RSD releases are rare, one time pressings or rare re releases.
yeah i know that but there must be another re-release of Trout Mask Replica or the bowie picture disc and the lost in translation ost, gorillaz and so on.

>It's a dvd of the performance
cool

I got kicked out the store when I was waiting in line AHHHH

>$49.99
Where the fuck did you buy that, lad?

the only thing i want :’

why?

... I had this in my hand an hour ago and put it down...

story?

Prices will come down, mate, it's "limited" to 3500

does it smell like dank or incense?

where are you uploading it btw?

The guitar world according to zappa sounds great

Some guy kept on bumping into me while I was in line. At first it was accidental but he was with this bros and then started doing it for fun, so I told him to stop being a fucking asshole. Got into an argument and the owner was like I don't need this shit today get the fuck out.

Tossed both of you?

Yeah four of us in all, but he wouldn't even let me plead my case.

Got the four records on the left along with the black parade is dead by mcr. Plus a fuck ton of other free stuff.

Attached: B32BE842-6ACE-472E-BF5A-1AC3BC6732EE.jpg (4032x3024, 2.8M)

Sorry to hear that user, fuck that guy

I was standing at a bin waiting to flip through it, when me and another person were standing in front of it. We both went in and we were like "oh". Then we decided to flip through it together. Was wholesome.

Did u kiss?

no, but we awkardly thanked each other at the end of it.

Apparently this album was reissued for rsd. Did anyone see it ITT? I had no idea, mustve been a regional release

Attached: R-13454027-1554515994-6205.jpeg.jpg (600x584, 105K)

Uglycute goth smiled at me in the record shop today :)

Shut up, virgin

Got the Residents and the Anal Cunt albums. Also got The Chameleons - What Does Anything Mean? Basically 2018 clear repress for 20$ which was the last of their 80s studio albums that I didn't have so that's pretty cool.

Continuing thread....

Mega. Will be posting the link in the new thread

cool

No one else got the Goblin single?

Attached: D4DTmUCU0AAkHxA.jpg (2048x1152, 465K)

I did :)

>87123034
nice. my store overpriced the fuck out of it, but it's still really cool looking.

I would love you forever if you did

OHHHHH SHIT
The package has anything special inside?
Like poster/download code/etc

nope, nothing special. I wish it had a lyrics sheet since the ones we have are just based on what we can hear.

I didn't even go because I'm saving my money for next year's Coachella. :)

slept in and everything i waned was gone, just got the life of brian

>Chapterhouse
Bro they've been on my last.fm recc list for a month and I didn't know they were getting a RSD release.

I'm gonna be pissed if I end up liking them in a week or two.

Ended up getting 3 copies of steroids. Now to pass out.

Funny story; I went to Amoeba in Hollywood, made sure to get there extremely early for Steroids, and the way they handle RSD is they give people in line a list so you can check off what you want so the employees get the records you checked. Steroids went out almost immediately so some autist saw that they were sold out and started screaming. He then punched a nearby bus stop extremely hard and security had to follow his ass down the street while he was pout walking lmao.

lmao

He's probably in this thread right now.

If you like shoegaze then they're top tier imo. probably best to start with Whirlpool proper before checking out this version, which are basically dirtier sounding mixes.

Yeah I love shoegaze.
I definitely would have picked it up if I saw it but I didn't even register it on the list.

Damn.

Can you explain what you mean