Concert Thread: Last Three Live shows you saw

Concert Thread: Last Three Live shows you saw

Bonus Points: Do you prefer them live or studio and how was the show

1 Father John Misty, Lucy Dacus BUF
Fan of Historian and Boygenius but Dacus needed work on stage
FJM seemed fucked out of his mind but he put on a good show

2 Snail Mail, The Feelies, Kurt Vile PHI
Snail Mail was amazing but had a really, really short set
The Feelies were an hour of pain, never heard them before that night and I hope to God I will never have to again
Kurt Vile was possibly the best live performer I've ever seen and the AOTY contender Bottle it In is better live

3 Snail Mail, Car Seat Headrest, Interpol NYC
If you can't tell, I'm a huge snail mail fan. She was even better the second time, another 30 minute set tho
Car Seat Headrest was amazing and they completely captivated Madison Square Garden for almost 45 minutes of non-stop playing. Performance of the night
Interpol is ok live but they play so loud you can't understand half the lyrics. The crowd was mostly hardcore Interpol fans though so they probably already new them. Interpol songs are hit or miss for me but they ended up playing all of their hits despite the long and sometimes boring performance

Attached: taylor1.jpg (750x563, 48K)

Idk, I was pretty much in a constant haze of alcohol and drugs during my concert going years

I would guestimate the last ones were Eminem, Judas Priest, and....I don't fuckin know

>Idk, I was pretty much in a constant haze of alcohol and drugs during my concert going years
this is why drugs suck, you can't even remember the fun shit you did

I've never wanted to abort my own thread so badly

My first and only concert, last December at the Mercy Lounge. It was pretty great, although having to stand for three hours was kind of shit.

Attached: MI0004276019.jpg (400x400, 21K)

Shes so perfect

saw Cap’n Jazz about two years ago and they were everything I hoped to see. I ran in the pit as soon as take on me started and it was an absolute blast. there were a ton of young teenagers there surprisingly. the show was free too

Snail Mail
Elton John
Phil Collins

But I had way more fun than any sober person could. It's an even trade if you asked me.

The Ocean, Downfall Of Gaia, Herod
The Ocean was great, but they really overdid with the fog machine at the end. Downfall Of Gaia should've had a longer set since their songs are so long. Herod was nice.

Pertubator, Dan Terminus
Dan Terminus was ok, nothing wrong with the music but I wasn't really impressed. Pertubator was amazing tho.

Bone Man, Camel Driver
Bone Man was nice, really good live and great to wind down. Camel Driver outplayed them by far tho.

Kamasi Washington
Some random shite metal band that I went to on a whim
Behemoth

Ryley Walker
Machinegirl
Ty Segall

Uhhh I don't go to many shows but I think the last 3 were:
>a Grateful Dead and Allman Brothers cover band called Grateful Shred
>a random garage show of some war metal bands including Human Agony and Radioactive Vomit
>Om

Attached: Sleep live.jpg (960x540, 55K)

lol I'm seeing Grateful Shred on Sunday (skipping the Saturday show for Marisa Anderson/Mdou Moctar)

I dont go to many shows unfortunately so my last 3 were (most recent to oldest):
1. Unknown Mortal Orchestra
2. BROCKHAMPTON
3. Kendrick Lamar

Attached: FDDDBF52-1E53-411E-B155-6C71EFA439E8.png (750x1334, 524K)

My Dead Girlfriend/Caucas/Plastic Girl in Closet/Ringo Deathstarr
Amazing show, we all got drunk together afterwards. Really loud. Fantastic people all around.

Earth Earth
Loudest fucking concert I've ever been too, almost as loud as MBV. Drank with the guitarist. Took some pics together, got a setlist.

Homecomings
Good music, small 45 minute aucousticish set

Dots Final Live Show
Got moshed 30 minutes in. Good show though.

Tomorrow is Spool/Seapool/Cattle/Hitomi/Ladyflash
I expect to drink with them too if I can

Attached: LRM_EXPORT_136734816328459_20190324_202823964.jpg (1776x1184, 897K)

Double Ferrari
Good show, prefer them live.

The Dollyrots
It was pretty fun and they let their kid play the guitar. Prefer them in the studio but I don't regret going.

Ozzy Osbourne
Couldn't understand a word but it was cool as shit and Zakk Wylde is great live. Definitely prefer him studio.

kimbra - her voice is fuckin beautiful, even better live

steely dan - tightest arrangements i've ever witnessed

converge - fucking brutal god damn

>Xiu Xiu
Amazing, totally different from the concerts I am used to, you should go see Xiu Xiu live if you can. A bit torn between if I like them better live or in the studio. Lot more boomers than I expected
>Death Grips
Not the biggest DG fan but was wondering how they were live also a friend wanted to see them as well. Insane energy, I don't know how Zach can keep drumming like that. Weird crowd though. There was An actual 12 year old with his dad which was nice from his dad to go see the show with him
>Shame + Hotel Lux
Great overall, lots of energy from both bands. Prefer both live. Hotel Lux were really nice people as well, hope they get bigger in the near future

Cherry Glazerr
Went along with some friends because they're big fans. It was okay, not really my thing but they were pretty tight and the support act was pretty good. Made out with a cutie afterwards so it wasn't all that bad.

Dälek
Fucking amazing, so glad I managed to catch them live. I managed to get in for free because there was literally nobody on the door for some reason. Played mainly from their newest album, which I like so it wasn't a big deal. The venue was really intimate too and I was right up front. Talked to Will for a little bit before and after they played, and he was a really nice guy. The supporting acts were also fantastic, especially the first one. Very Daughters-esque.

Behemoth/At the Gates/Wolves in the Throne Room
Very good. Caught the last 20 minutes of Wolves in the Throne Room's set because my friends were more concerned with getting drunk than getting there early. But from what I saw, they were very good. Their sound translates well live. Didn't really like At the Gates, but I'm really not a fan so it's not surprising. They were pretty tight, but yeah. Behemoth were obviously fantastic. The band were just so on point, and hearing the new songs live were great. Good mix of the old and new. The pit smelt so fucking bad. Someone reeked of onions and feces.

Upcoming gigs are Daughters and Weyes Blood. Both are in a very intimate venue so I'm excited.

Attached: download.jpg (640x483, 120K)

I'm a pleb, the only band I've ever seen live is Foster the People because Summerfest is such an easy drive for me. Nothing at this year's Summerfest appeals to me, but I also don't recognize a lot of the bands listed. Who should I see?

How was Om?

1. Death Grips
>infinitely better than listening to studio recordings and the atmosphere was incredible

2. Queen (with Adam Lambert)
>I mean it was really good but Adam Lambert isn't nearly as good as Freddie Mercury so obvs not as good as studio versions of the songs
3. ELO
>They're all pretty old now so not quite as good as the studio versions of their songs but still great

>Motorpsycho
They have these concerts before christmas every now and then where they're from, and I went to the one last year. It was very solid, almost 3 hrs of music, with no talking or pauses between songs, and they had these jams throughout the concert that lasted a while. I don't think they played more than 10 songs throughout the whole concert lol
Definetly prefer them live

I barely ever go out anymore, so...

Pertubator/Dan Terminus
It was fun, but the Perturbator part was obviously superior. I hated the crowd, loved the performance.

Run The Jewels/Iggy Pop/The Hives/QOTSA
God that festival was terrible overall. I don't really care about the sound at festivals normally, but it was just unacceptable there. That said they all did what they could with the sound system. I noticed the issues the least with The Hives. No, to be fully honest I completely forgot about the sound issues during The Hives, they are that good.

Otoboke Beaver/Say Sue Me
Jfc I wanted to be completely late, cause I knew I would not like Say Sue Me, unfortunately I made it there almost on time for Say Sue Me. Luckily the crowd was big enough, so they hopefully didn't see how hard I was laughing at them. They're cute, but they only have like 1 great song, rest are Korean coffee shop background tier. It was memorable, though, cause I didn't think that a bad could exist that embodies the stereotypical Korean youth so well, they just looked and sounded so stereotypical it was funny.
Otoboke Beaver on the other hand did not joke around for a second. They sounded fucking good, every note was on point. Every glance was on point. Well done. Too bad they are touring together all the fucking time, they are two very different bands, it makes no sense.

suicidal tendencies 2011, RHCP in 2013 and Slash in 2014 if I'm not mistaken.
S.T. was in a small pub but it was decent, Mike keeps jumping around like a monkey so hr can barely sing but there was a lot of energy. I wish Lombardo had joined them at that time.
RHCP is my favorite band and it was a dream to go see them live, it was great and a gret coincidence happened, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, which I like a lot, opened the concert, pretty amazing. I just wish Frusciante was still there but...
Slash with Miles Kennedy was pretty nice too.

Why did you hate the crowds? You sound really self-conscious.

1 Street Sects, Ho99o9, 3teeth
Street Sects put on one of the best shows I've ever seen ever. Ho99o9 and 3teeth were also amazing but Street Sects was ill.

2 Asian Doll, Bhad Bhabie
Can't remember other opener some generic trap dude but Asian Doll was awesome and Bhad Bhabie was fun but it was her first tour and she only played like 6 or 7 songs because that's all she had at the time.

3 The Residents
Was awesome and felt like a religious experience.

All of them were pretty equal in terms of live vs. studio except Street Sects I'd say were like 10,000x better live. That's not to say their studio material isn't good or anything, it's just the live show really surprised the hell out of me.

Kek

Sounds cool, can you tell me how much your whole trip cost?

Pic related was most recent show. It was amazing and had a great time. My favorite set was Dreamcrusher. Also met a bunch of mu/tants there(luck).

Before that I saw snail mail which was underwhelming imo and I couldn't really hear her due to sound issues.

3rd most recent concert was KKB who I saw at elsewhere and then 2 days later they performed at my University. Second show at my school was a lot smaller and better imo. Got to talk about sweet trip, Yumi arai and other stuff other them after the show which was cool. The opener was at my school was crumb and for elsewhere it was axine m and tanukichan. All of them were really good imo though axine m was the most unique.

Attached: image.jpg (750x751, 599K)

Manilla Road
Saxon
Motorhead or Iron Maiden, can't remember which was last

Well, I live there, and the tickets were ~$80

Saw The Voidz, Death Grips and Everything Everything last year

EE were great live, partially because of the light show but the lead singers voice gave out in the last song so that was a little disappointing but can't exactly blame him

DG were amazing but I wish I'd worn earplugs because I couldn't hear all that well at times and my ears rang for days
Probably the worst of the 3 compared to their albums though, because Ride was so out of breath that he could barely speak in the last 20 minutes, let alone perform. The music itself was great though and the energy was great

V were worse live but still decent. They left before their usual encore though so again kinda disappointing. Other than that it was a pretty good show I think, no problems with the performance and some good interactions with the audience so I left pretty happy

1 Andrew Jackson Jihad
DEFINITELY loved the live experience and prefer it 100%. Would go see them again in a heartbeat.

2 Tyler the Creator / Vince Staples
Pretty good, I liked Vince's set more, but the crowd was dead because it was full of Tylers fans mainly. Id go see Vince again but probably not Tyler. Though if Earl had a concert nearby id go see that.

3 Death Grips
The energy from the crowd was fucking wild and the whole building was literally vibrating and shaking from a mix of the performance and the crowd just getting into it. I'm going to continue going to their shows whenever they come back down here.

Attached: 1546712180793.jpg (790x767, 157K)

1. Aphex Twin
Saw last night. Spent way too much money on the show, but rdj delivered. After opening the set with something slow and ambient, he spent the next hour and a half at pretty much max intensity. I kept worrying that the drugs I had taken weren't working, but I eventually let it go and had a blast dancing. Downside was that the crowd was terrible - just the sweatiest mouth-breating guys who didn't dance at a set that was mostly dance music.

2. Teki Latex
I normally wouldn't count a DJ set but he almost rides the DJ/producer line. Saw him in Berlin - 5/10. Deconstructed Club is a meme

3. Yves Tumor noise set
Pretty good. Most people (me included) thought we were going to see him play songs off the album. Got a solid noise set instead with two pole dancers on stage. 7/10 they should play harsh noise at the strip club.

Buckethead
Lightning Bolt
John Maus

>assuming sober people don't have fun at shows lel
such a bullshit assumption. I go to the majority of shows sober and I have a great time, I'm not sure what you mean by saying its way more fun than any person could have ? do you have social anxiety? I've found going to shows sober is better for me because #1 I actually remember the shows i go to and #2 I still give the same intensity when I'm at shows . . . I have no problem moshing or dancing or whatever is going on while I'm sober. its just retarded and childish to say that you don't remember who you even saw but that you think that's better than going it sober.

Tickets were so fucking expensive and sold out immediately. Was trying to go but 250 a ticket was too much for me.

Yeah I got a big paycheck a few days ago (I'm freelance) so I decided to treat myself. Feels weird thinking I could have bought a synth or record player with that money but I would have regretted it if I didn't go.

1. Hot Tuna
They get more mellow every year (seen them almost every year for a decade) since they're old as fuck. I got to shake Jorma's hand and got his book signed. Rock is not kind to the body--dude looks 100 in person.

2a. I'm not counting this since it was a tiny concert in a church hall, but some middle aged female folk singer who did crunchy granola songs. I think my gf and I were the only people there under 60 and not into meditation.

2. Sia, AlunaGeorge, Miguel
I love Sia's voice and the presentation was great, but everything was so minimalist and prerecorded I could gotten almost the same experience watching a video of the show on a big TV. Only thing I remember about Miguel was he got the entire crowd chanting "fuck Trump" for so long it was irritating.

3. Starship
Not much to say. Mickey Thomas can still sing well for an old guy with a high voice. It's a fun little show, but most of the songs aren't his so it's more like a cover band.

t. honorary boomer

Attached: WP_20161018_21_51_10_Pro.jpg (3264x1840, 991K)

Put on a shirt Matt

I've never gone to a live music show for anyone particularly famous. I'd say 75% of the shows I've gone to, I played at as well.

>There was An actual 12 year old with his dad

You're witnessing the true face of Yea Forums. The son, not the dad.

>There was An actual 12 year old with his dad
this is so wholesome.

i can relate to this. i've played so many shows with so many band i can't even count. seeing big famous acts in big venues is actually kind of shit vs seeing smaller touring acts and local bands. i have also seen a lot of big name acts but you usually just completely lose the intimacy of the performance.

Yeah. For the shows I end up seeing in the scene, it's usually people who are professional or semi-famous. Typically their side projects cause they may be in backing bands for actual famous acts.

1. Radiohead
Saw them at a stadium and it was pretty good, but I just couldn't get into the music as much as I had hoped

2. Toe
Amazing show, really energetic set, good sound balance all the way through

3. Japanese Breakfast
Venue sold out so the general floor was too packed to fit (also I went with two other people) so we went the mezzanine and again, not really feeling the energy, couldn't really get into it
Songs sounded good, but it wasn't as exciting as it could have been

Attached: 20190406_200959.jpg (4032x3024, 3.73M)

Tenacious D, Rush, Metallica. Live is fun but I usually like the album/studio recording more

>this is so wholesome

It's more amusing when it's a girl. You have Dad standing there in slacks and a shirt, awkwardly reconsidering his life choices, while his 13-year-old princess is dancing around wearing something straight out of Coachella and 25yo dudes keep staring at her because it's obvious she's not wearing panties.

I always found ELO were some of the best live performers I've ever heard

>Death Grips
The best live show I have seen, stayed on the balcony. They played at max intensity the whole show with no breaks in between songs. 10/10

>Denzel Curry
Would have been good if the crowd weren't a bunch of autistic teens who don't know how to mosh. He had a DJ play for an hour and a half before hand and lots of people were already exhausted after that (including me) no security handing out water until Denzel did halfway through to make himself seem like a good guy. People were passing out at that point so it was useless. Set was 9/10, Experience was 7/10.

>IDLES & Miss June
Second best show I've ever seen. Miss June were really great, tore through their set and the guitarist screamed in my face so that was cool. IDLES were obviously better. Played loud, hard and seemed like they were having fun the whole show. Security handed out water the whole set so people were not passing out (also helps that it wasn't little teens in the crowd who don't know wtf is going on. Would love an IDLES live show CD bc I preferred a lot of the live versions to the album. 10/10

>hate the crowds
Uhm where did I say that? I hated that very specific crowd Dan Terminus and Perturbator had that night during that performance. If you don't know what difference the crowd's behaviour can make, then you haven't been to many shows.
Eg. gigs in Eastern Europe are almost always superior to Western Europe, simply because when the crowd is there to have fun, the artists have more fun, and you get a better performance. I don't know about you, but I don't like my setlists cut short cause of an annoying ass crowd.
Most people were simply paying no attention to Perturbator at all, which wouldn't be a problem by itself, but when a lot of them start talking to each other so loud that they are shouting over the loud music, it suddenly doesn't even make sense at all. It wasn't like people were just exchanging a few sentences here and there, they were constantly talking the entire time, as if you were in a cafe meeting friends. Except their voices were probably gone the next day, cause you know how loud Perturbator is. I switched places many times, but the same thing was happening all over the floor, it was really weird.

beautiful

Good taste user
AJJ is a personal fav of mine

>Ween
Fantastic concert. The venue was an outdoor amphitheater, and there was a beautiful sunset that really enhanced the show.

>Ween
A great show with some crazy theramin action from Glen. It was obvious the band was having a lot of fun, and there was lots of light-hearted banter between Dean and Gene. I'm so happy to see them getting along again.

>Ween
My favorite time I've seen them. They played some really deep cuts and overall the song selection couldn't have been much better.

I'm seeing the Avey Tare and the Murlocs tonight

Xiu Xiu
Einstürzende Neubauten
Low

in that order, Xiu Xiu being the most recent one

Tedeschi Trucks- live improvisational music is always better- show was phenom- killer Storm>Whipping post to end the show...

John Scofield- live improvisational music is always better. Great Show- super tiny club and up close and personal with a jazz legend

Chris Robinson Brotherhood- Live music is always better...I think. Show was ok- not really into his hippydippycaliforniadreamjam vibe these days...but he is a compelling dude and it was a small venue so thats cool.

Perfect romanian dl

I saw Kero Kero Bonito a few days ago, they crushed. I thought they'd suck because of how studio reliant their earlier music was but they have more people on stage and the old songs have a reworked TNP indie rock vibe which worked well. 7/10, would watch again.

Last two shows before that were Fleshgod Apocalypse and Exmortus but I was too drunk to remember much

Attached: Kkb.jpg (1954x1920, 2.83M)

Haven't been going to as many shows lately but I hope to change that soon.

I think the last 3 were Genitorturers/Lords of acid, Front 242 and...maybe Revolting Cocks?

Have tickets for Nitzer Ebb and Suicide Commando in the next few months.