I'm still struggling with jazz. I mean, what is it all about...

>I'm still struggling with jazz. I mean, what is it all about? Four guys on stage having more fun than anyone else in the audience playing the wrong notes at the same time. Alright, Jazz - that's what they're calling it now? 'Cause it used to be called shit when I was growing up.

Attached: Screen-Shot-2018-04-12-at-12.30.43-PM-1523550687-640x486.png (640x486, 168K)

Absolutely positively based

Based potato

Jazz serves a cultural function in the music scene. It is a signifier for musical "adulthood." To embrace jazz is to don a kind of graduation cap, signifying a broadening of tastes outside "mere" rock music. This ostentatious display of "sophistication" is an insult, and I find the graduation cappers transparent and tedious. Certainly there must be interesting music one could call "jazz." There must be. I've never heard it, but I grant that it is out there somewhere.

Jazz has a non-musical parallel: Christiania, the "free" zone in Copenhagen. In Christiania, like in jazz, there is no law. People are left to their own inventions to create and act as they see fit. In Jazz, the musicians are allowed to improvise over and beside structural elements that may themselves be extemporaneous. Sounds good, doesn't it? Freedom -- sounds good.

The reality is much bleaker. Christiania is a squalid, trashy string of alleys with rag-and-bone men selling drugs, tie-dye and wretched food. Granted Total Freedom, and this is what they've chosen to do with it, sell hash and lentil soup? Jazz is similar. The results are so far beneath the conception that there is no English word for the disappointment one feels when forced to confront it. Granted Total Freedom, you've chosen to play II V I and blow a goddamn trill on the saxophone? Only by willfully ignoring its failings can one pretend to appreciate it as an idiom and don the cap.

Attached: steve_albini.jpg (600x894, 74K)

Also based

based. Fuck jazz

>To me, Jazz ain't propah music, you know what I mean? I can't imagine me singing fookin' Miles Davis or whoever when I go and watch Citeh. It's just not rock and roll, you know what I mean?

>To me, there is nothing more absolutely vile than Jazz music. It should be an offence punishable by death.

Attached: 220px-Morrissey_crop_tie.jpg (220x298, 21K)

>there is nothing more absolutely vile than Jazz music
what about Robert Smith's works?

That entire first paragraph sounds like some wild projection.

So Death Grips, right? There's this one geezer, right, he's proper mad, and he's shouting over all this fucking noise, you know what I mean? It's fookin mental. I don't get it, you know what I mean? For me, good music is The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Who. Not that weird American shite.

Attached: 19-noel-gallagher-chatroom.w330.h412.jpg (330x412, 94K)

>comparing Christiania to Jazz
instead of blaming "total freedom", blame the people who are attracted that kind of lifestyle Christiania offers

>Well me daughter likes Billie Eilish but it's not for me. Kids these days are into all this depressing shite. When I was growing up, music was all about cigarettes and alcohol, and doing the odd line, and just fookin' having it, you know what I mean?

Attached: noel-gallagher.jpg (968x681, 35K)

Jazz is getting 0/100 on a test.
Harder than getting a perfect 100, knowing every answer and knowlying doing it wrong.

>makes rock music with a very limited scope of musicality and samey, intentionally shitty sounding production
>has a cynical view of music in general and doesn't believe in exploration unless it makes the music sound even more cynical and shitty
Also Teo Macero is a better producer than albini

>Teo Macero is a better producer than albini
whats sad is that some retard will argue with you

>I'm still struggling with jazz.
t. earlet. This goof is still struggling with rock music too considering how many tunes he has to rip off to make a living. Bitch is an entertainer more than a musician. Tired of these fuckers thinking they're necessarily one in the same.

I'm still struggling with jizz. I mean, what is it all about? Four guys having more fun than anyone else in the audience, furiously stroking their cocks at the same time. Alright, Jizz that's what they're calling it now. Cause it used to be called cum when I was growing up.

>Shit guitarist
>Doesn't like Jazz
Figures

Attached: Nole.png (1128x490, 75K)

Maybe it's a Manchester thing?

They also voted Sgt. Pepper the worst album of all time in 1998.

Getting a 0/100 on a test on purpose is PRECISELY as difficult as getting a 100/100.
You have to know every correct answer to definitely pick a wrong one.

You can also just not write anything like based John Cage.

90s musicians sound based

This is not more difficult than getting a perfect 100 you idiot. You ruined your own point. It's more difficult than getting a bad grade on it in which you're still awarded points. It's equally difficult with getting a 100.