In a Time interview...

>In a Time interview, U2 lead guitarist The Edge is quoted saying "You Get What You Give" is the song he is "most jealous of. I really would love to have written that."

>In the liner notes to her 2004 compilation Artist's Choice, Joni Mitchell praises "You Get What You Give" for "rising from the swamp of 'McMusic' like a flower of hope."

>In 2006, Ice-T was asked on Late Night with Conan O'Brien about what he has heard, besides rap music, in the last few years that really grabbed him and his only reply was "You Get What You Give".

Is it the best song of the 90's?
youtube.com/watch?v=DL7-CKirWZE

Attached: You Get What You Give.png (1366x768, 1.38M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eimgRedLkkU
youtube.com/watch?v=klzPALQhm-g
youtube.com/watch?v=TxcDTUMLQJI
youtube.com/watch?v=GUuCFxKPI3A
youtube.com/watch?v=58xNR8S6fjg
youtube.com/watch?v=gNS1jTQOnCs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's that white boy swag

Ive never heard this song in my life

t. 23

Based

It really is an obnoxious song. Sounds more 00's than 90's.

zoomer

Sucks when you only look cool with your bucket hat on

no

it's catchy though and has remained a radio staple

it's alright but jeez no it's not the best song of the 90s

Sounds just like the shit U2 would do in the 2000's.

everyone below the age of 28 should be euthanized

Attached: zoom zoom.gif (931x682, 426K)

i thought it was a u2 song for a while. any time someone would ask if i like u2 i'd say "yeah, that song where they go 'courteny love and marilyn manson' is really good."

*above

U2 and MGMT with the GOAT singles
youtube.com/watch?v=eimgRedLkkU

wtf he doesn't sound like bono
maybe the music but not the voice

i never really listened to u2 so i couldn't tell.

i also thought this was u2

it sounds like mick jagger and billy corgan combined

Oh it’s that song? I like this song, although I also thought this was u2, the instrumental sounds like half the Joshua tree songs and most late 90’s alt rock starts to sound the same at some point. But nah, this song is much better than most u2 songs I’ve heard

The album's worth a listen too
boy was a good songwriter

I never forgot what Joni said about that song, because it was such an unexpected comment

IIRC this guy retired after that album to become a producer

I remember reading an interview with Beck that he ran into this guy in a store sometime after that song came out, and the dude shook his hand and basically begged him not to hate him for that song and not take it personally. Beck recalled accepting very gratefully because the guy was like twice his size and could have squashed him if he'd really wanted to kick his ass.

>Much of the media attention "You Get What You Give" received centered on the closing lyrics:
>"Health insurance, rip-off lying
>FDA, big bankers buying
>Fake computer crashes dining
>Cloning while they're multiplying
>Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson,
>Courtney Love and Marilyn Manson
>You're all fakes, run to your mansions
>Come around, we'll kick your ass in."

>According to lead singer Gregg Alexander, he had written this section for the song as a test to see whether the media would focus on the important political issues of the first few lines, or the petty celebrity-dissing. As suspected, a considerable amount of press began to appear about the name-dropping, and the other political issues were largely ignored.[1]

>Marilyn Manson commented that he was "not mad he said he'd kick my ass, I just don't want to be used in the same sentence with Courtney Love.... I'll crack his [Alexander's] skull open if I see him."[2] Beck reported that Alexander personally apologized for the line when they met each other by chance in a supermarket, claiming that it was never meant to be personal.[3] Alexander collaborated with Hanson, whose drummer, Zac Hanson, called him "a bit of a character, but a cool guy."[4]

remember when marilyn manson got buttblasted and tried to fight the buckethat man?

Yea Forums posters really underrate U2 or have a very distorted zoomer opinion on them based on how uncool Bono has been for over a decade.

this is what U2 sounded like in the 90s

youtube.com/watch?v=klzPALQhm-g

youtube.com/watch?v=TxcDTUMLQJI

youtube.com/watch?v=GUuCFxKPI3A

youtube.com/watch?v=58xNR8S6fjg

Zooropa is U2's best album, period. Fight me.

This has to be bait

I don't know why this song failed to become popular like "One"

youtube.com/watch?v=gNS1jTQOnCs

It's not even acknowledged by the U2 Vevo, the video uploads are all fanmade with Spanish translations

definitely top 25

>don't give up
>u've got a reason 2 live
:')

ok but "the sweetest thing"

>stay
literally their best song

Not best, but really good-vibe song. Makes me remember how I was bullied at school

Attached: 1554779578613.jpg (250x250, 7K)