youtube.com/watch?v=HsOc5Qdla1Q
youtube.com/watch?v=EVm7Smq-T0c
youtube.com/watch?v=DsMikuC8dzs
youtu.be/2bsZCFj6cVY
youtube.com/watch?v=2YeRKRfSV44
youtube.com/watch?v=rr5cPuKMIno
youtube.com/watch?v=FBEYuRyHIGA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I thought it was just a meme... do people actually think the song is good?

billboard BTFO
white people BTFO
racists BTFO

big day for black cowboys

The songs great user. Unironically.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-08-17-20-48~2.png (1440x1429, 942K)

This

Yes, because it unironically is

Thanks anonbros

Also billy ray is kino

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-08-17-08-08~2.png (1440x1770, 1.04M)

I would honestly hate to be american. Your country is just a never ending stream of racial tension. So uncomfortable and awkward

Can we at least agree this isn't a country song? It's a rap song about horses

but he’s rapping in a silly country voice about horses and shit!

if you read the media every day thats what it seems like
day to day nobody gives a fuck
i mean maybe one like a month some racist shit will happen but that's not too bad considering this is ameriKKKa

Whatever, if this is what the zoomers are into ridin tractors and roping bulls then cool

at first I thought it was one of those dumb 'novelty songs' (which it technically is) but its honestly catchy. been stuck in my head all darn day

This song isn't even a good meme. Zoomers cant do anything right.

It's fucking horrible. Why the fuck is this shit so popular? Holy shit, music is legit dead.

haha yeah it's not a novelty guys. THis thing bops!

I GOT HORSES IN THE BACK

Attached: 1539689593718.jpg (408x431, 12K)

The song is mostly popular because of its removal from the country charts. I bet you it was a publicity stunt

bum bum bum trizzle pop the production is baboon get destroyed

The press are just so embarrassing at this point.
This song would be laughed off as some bullshit if it came from anyone else but a black kid but since he's black, shower him with applause for his retardation.
It's all so tiresome.

Nah, it fits right in with all the other inane pop country

>a number one song
>good
pick one and only one

Attached: 1554737419795.jpg (640x645, 61K)

what did the country charts mean by this?
youtube.com/watch?v=FY8SwIvxj8o

It's dumb as hell, but fun! It's also undeniably catchy too.
>ridin' on a horse
>HA!

>anything that's popular MUST be bad!
You're fucked

It was popular before that happened dummy

You're assuming that people are taking this seriously

Maybe the real lesson here is: Tik Tok is cancer

Wait until the op-eds come out from all the usual suspects, showering it with praise.
It's going to happen.

Not inherently, but number one songs are almost invariably the most derivative and artistically devoid tracks available.

I prefer when bones thugs n harmony went country back in the 90s

its called lowest common denominator
same reason walmart makes all money but they arent the best store or sell the best shit. But its easily accessible.

Name one (1) difference between this and Achy Breaky 2.

Attached: https___images.genius.com_47ecd8ea656aa08b985e9dd2fb910395.500x248x1.jpg (444x220, 16K)

there is none, both are perfect

>racists BTFO

All the comments on the video are racist stereotypes of white Country music fans having incestuous relationships

The song is mocking country and all the comments are as well, it's cultural appropriation, no different than Iggy except the fans are much more openly racist

TRENT FUCKING REZNOR PRODUCED/CO-WROTE IT

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-08 Old Town Road by Lil Nas X.png (449x286, 7K)

And Trent Reznor continues his streak of never being involved with a single good piece of music.

yo don't diss pretty hate machine like that

Did I stutter?

just lazy all around effort.
They just used a stock trap beat.
The guitar part was effectively just a sample no different than tons of other rap songs.

that's because of the NIN sample, it's a shitpost

when i heard this song the first time i thought the production was surprisingly good. looked it up, das why. some dutch guy basically just slapped some 808’s on it and put it up for use

its a fun party song

hopefully he asks for royalties

Is there nothing niggers wont ruin?

isnt he just stealing lil tracy's "like a farmer" concept.

which is an art in itself - making pop music

lol

It bombed the first time it was released because there was some sort of contention with how it fit into the Billboard Country Chart

This remix is now being intentionally marketed as disruptive to the status quo, since country is traditionally seen as a genre for white, possibly racist men. Now they've slapped the biggest old white man they could find on the track, Billy Ray Cyrus, to say "now you're just prejudice against black artists if you say this isn't country"

>Let's get it to #1 guys!
>That'll show those old white men that it's 2019!

If you want to hear an actually good take on hiphop country, this is a much better song

youtube.com/watch?v=HsOc5Qdla1Q

Really though, this whole thing just exposes how retarded the categorization process for the genre charts is, as if it wasn't obvious before.

No, but none of the music these "people" listen to is good, as long as it's trendy they will champion it. Until the next meme song comes along and this guy is forgotten because he tries to go serious

bro its got a ghosts i-iv sample, patrician

>I sampled a song people like, that makes my song good
What are you on about m8

Attached: 1551033196373.jpg (714x1024, 54K)

Bro country artists have been using trap beats and slang for a while now and they get away with it for some reason.

mainstream music has been dead for more than a decade now, user.

At first I didn't think a joke novelty song could cause this much pathetic cynical ass pain, but then I remembered that the idea of people enjoying fun things is probably a foreign concept to most on this shit board.

holy shit you fucking boomers are so mad
so it's okay to like 6ix9ine but not this meme ass song about riding horses?

Attached: HAHAHAHA.jpg (640x427, 77K)

samefags create both sides of an argument so they can btfo themselves

calling out samefag is a sure sign of retardation and a complete loss in any argument btw
>inb4 shopped
embarassing. keep seething boomer

Attached: Untitled.png (659x332, 38K)

wow
you are really stupid

sick argument bro

It's some dumb rednecks mad

You did not but it would’ve been appropriately autistic if you had.

youtube.com/watch?v=EVm7Smq-T0c fuck lil nas x. bone thugs did it better

youtube.com/watch?v=DsMikuC8dzs whites did it first and better, yet again

Yeehaw Niggas

Wow epic

No

This

I'm contrarian as all fuck when it comes to current pop music. The more hyped something is the more I want to hate it outright. I hate basically all trap music. I checked out this song because I wanted to know wtf was going on though. First listen it was like hmm but it's short so I kept playing it. I actually enjoy this stupid ass song. I like the Billy Ray Cyrus version too. It's got something that's been missing in music for awhile I think. For the last ten years pop musicians have been taking themselves far too seriously. Even though this has a trap beat it's not some mush mouthed retard rap singing about instahoes or whatever those fucks talk about these days. It has an actual theme albeit a silly one. I can appreciate that.

>Even though this has a trap beat it's not some mush mouthed retard rap singing about instahoes or whatever those fucks talk about these days
lol you are just such a boomer that you don't
notice it
>Ridin' on a tractor
>Lean all in my bladder
>Cheated on my baby
>You can go and ask her
>My life is a movie
>Bull ridin' and boobies
>Cowboy hat from Gucci
>Wrangler on my booty

I notice it but I don't care. He enunciates his words in a stupid fake cowboy accent and it's easy to understand. They're dumb as shit lyrics but it's a pop song, there's room in pop music for that. That's something the boomers got right. This is no worse to me than oh honey honey oh sugar sugar. I'm not going to pretend it's profound or some shit, I just find it pleasant to listen to. I'll take something like this over that cunt Alessia Cara

Somewhere in the corner under clouds of marijuana
With this boy who's hollerin' I can hardly hear
Over this music I don't listen to and I don't wanna get with you
So tell my friends that I'll be over here

Oh oh oh here, oh oh oh here
Oh oh oh I ask myself, what am I doin' here?
Oh oh oh here, oh oh oh here
And I can't wait till we can break up out of here

The "controversy" is all a publicity stunt, but I think his hip-hop tracks are pretty good desu
youtu.be/2bsZCFj6cVY

/r/hiphopheads think its "lit", that says enough

>forming your opinion on music based off someone else's opinion
lol tryhard
>people on Yea Forums don't like reddit so if I always adopt the opposite opinions of people on reddit they will think I'm based!

Where is the money, Lil Nas? Where is the money?

Attached: Dv9FeDiVsAAeGHB.jpg (1200x800, 84K)

I'm sure the sony lawyers were on that shit from day one.

STOP TALKING ABOUT RAP HERE

youtube.com/watch?v=2YeRKRfSV44

RAP ISN'T Yea ForumsSIC! DANCEHALL ISN'T Yea ForumsSIC! RAGGA ISN'T Yea ForumsSIC! GRIME ISN'T Yea ForumsSIC!

IT'S JUST FUCKING TALKING!!!!!

Attached: rapping.png (357x359, 140K)

the simpsons version is much better
youtube.com/watch?v=rr5cPuKMIno

Is this bait? This song is trash. It's funny, for more or less the same reasons that Old Town Road is, except without the catchy hooks and good sample. The vocals on this are fucking horrible too.

This. Thank you.

based

i like this song because its fun and makes white people mad

Shit músic.

old town road appropriates just enough aesthetic elements of country (accent, vocal and sample treatment etc) to make it "feel country" the song you link has similar lyrics but there is literally nothing in it sonicly that tells you country.

youtube.com/watch?v=FBEYuRyHIGA

Simplistic and boring. Not for me, I can see people thinking it's a cheeky bit of fun (if they're plebs).

You've yee'd your last haw buddy

it had like 10 million views before it got removed

never underestimate the power of tik tok

>an actually good take on hiphop country

It's equally as bad.

>NPC meme

Attached: (you).jpg (320x320, 23K)

I can actually fuck with this song since I kinda like it's flow, compared to that stupid "I Love It" song. But everyone loved THAT meme song

>there is literally nothing in it sonicly that tells you country.
Vocal melody and inflection tells me it’s a country singer, the only thing that’s not country is the beat and that has an acoustic guitar/banjo in it

this song is such aids. why is it so popular? oh yea, NPC brainlets

it's actually pretty nice if you're white and believe in the destiny of your people

its vastly overstated by the media, if you go into any bar, workplace, campus, ect people of all races get along pretty normally

When did we ok literal dogshit just because some faggot says its "fun"

I tried not to like it...

>muh npc

thoughts?

Attached: ariel.jpg (355x355, 46K)