Thoughts on this album?

Thoughts on this album?

Attached: half machine.jpg (600x600, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LFQvJAZ_rPU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the chad post-punk band

Yea Forums can't into Chrome

Really cool

ahead of their time

Fucking awesome

Chrome are top shelf niggaz

its ok... a little bit overrated
the visitation is better desu

FACTS

Real noise rock. Fuck bands like Sonic Youth who just have a bit of fuzz and get praised as NOISE ROCK GOLD!!!!! :OOOO I want there to be some meat to their sound.

Any other bands that actually have some bite to their noise. Especially drums. All I can name is World Domination Enterprises and The Mentally Ill.

Fantastic record

Headbutt

Very good record
Favorite track, guys? Mine is You've Been Duplicated

Abstract Nympho

Hot take

I love Chrome but I prefer their later stuff : No Humans Allowed, Red Exposure, 3rd From the Sun and Chronicles I & II.

youtu.be/LFQvJAZ_rPU
>from Chronicles II

Don’t forget Helios Creed solo...

Attached: 50231B31-8B0E-447E-87E5-8D5BA858CC5E.jpg (400x400, 65K)

Fist bump

I think it sounds like what iggy's raw power wanted to sound like

i want a synth to make this type of music what the fuck do i get

I like Red Exposure but Blood on the Moon was pretty boring

>Perfumed Metal
>Planet Strike
>Boring

Maybe it’s because I used to skate to it. I don’t know. But boring...? Nah.

I find the songwriting much less memorable then the one on HMLM, like TV as Eyes starting out with industrial noise, turning into punk rock and then returning to a style more like the intro or Mondo Anthem going from one second to the other from that extremely mechanical sounding intro (they could've made a whole song out of that one, love that part) to a storm of reversed percussion, while still feeling completely natural, not forced at all.
That all-over-the-place songwriting is one of my favorite things about the album, and they kind of reduced that after HMLM (at least from the releases after that album I have heard). I think Red Exposure was them trying out a more pop-oriented style while still maintaining some of their earlier sound and it worked out somewhat well, but BOTM was pretty forgettable to me, I found the songs much more repetitive and less original sounding than the ones on the prior releases.

I think HMLM sounds like a band still trying to find their sound which they did when the stench brothers came on board. If you don’t like repetition then maybe Industrial Rock isn’t the genre for you. Stick to Krautrock which HMLM is really; an American Krautrock album kind of like PiL in the UK.

Oh I like industrial and post-industrial just fine, and realize that repetition is a part of it, but there's the kind of repetition I like and the one that I find boring, and BOTM fell more towards the latter to me.
But I honestly appreciate that you took the time to listen to an artist's releases other than only their most well known ones. Have you heard their Read Only Memory EP? I always thought it was very overlooked, I found it genuinely unsettling at times which I couldn't say about any of their other releases I've listened to (the atmosphere in Chrome's music has always felt like that of some sort of trash sci-fi movie to me, but in a very positive way).
>Stick to Krautrock which HMLM is really; an American Krautrock album kind of like PiL in the UK.
It always reminded me more of This Heat to be honest

>This Heat
Another great comparison and more Krautrock inspired Post Punk.

And yes I have heard Read Only Memory. Actually the 1st stuff I heard by them. My college roommate was massively into Chrome and turned me onto them.

Funny cos’ nowadays he’s a total metal head.

I feel it like a scientist