Tfw getting bored of pop and rock music

>tfw getting bored of pop and rock music
>tfw still too stupid to appreciate classical or jazz
>tfw folk and country just sounds super annoying
>tfw EDM and rap is just plain shit

what genres are there left for me to listen to? I might be done with music.

Attached: 1448804858905.jpg (500x375, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DffQVP6UqVQ
youtube.com/watch?v=OWtpoVmry2Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Noise

what do you mean folk is annoying? what kind of folk have you heard?

Listen to prog and metal.

thanks for the blog! please give us hourly updates :)

Attached: gwen1.jpg (985x901, 70K)

folk is just hillbilly shit it just sounds annoying and I have to turn it off.

I already said I'm bored of rock music.

no

>too stupid to appreciate classical
start of easy man
unironically start off with classic fm

>folk is just hillbilly shit
Based and bait-pilled

You ought to have heard shit like elliott smith and NMH, Say what you will about the quality but how the fuck are either of those hillbilly in the slightest?

you are done with music

time for you to start watching cable political news shows

How are you bored of rock? Are you okay?

>You ought to have heard shit like elliott smith and NMH

not folk

kpop

Vaporwave
IDM
Ambient
Funk
Glitch
Industrial

What was your favourite tech death album before you got bored of rock?

weird al yankovic is always the answer

It's all just sounding the same. Same guitars, same singing styles, same songs. People praise albums like it's sex in music form, but it all just sounds so underwhelming. It sucks because I used to be super into music, listening to new albums all the time. I had an extensive rym page, but I deleted it after a long long streak of 2/5 or less albums. Music is just starting to suck for me. I think I'm done with it.

>folk is just hillbilly shit
folk doesn't include exclusively america you fucking retard. folk music comes from the entire world

Trips of truth

youtube.com/watch?v=DffQVP6UqVQ

Attached: a1584038331_10.jpg (1200x1198, 265K)

>elliott smith
>NMH
>folk
Based and bait-pilled

Listen to brainlet classical like Steve Reich and Philip Glass

>classical
even thats a stretch

nightcore is the answer

Take the classical and traditional/folk pill already. Jazz is optional, not that necessary.

Attached: grand fugue.png (427x576, 310K)

Listen to Coquelicot asleep in the poppies. One of the craziest pop albums.

Attached: 875B1F82-B268-43CE-821D-72C456188B38.jpg (220x220, 40K)

metal

Ambient and noise

take a break from music

fuck this effortless thread

Attached: thisisbait.jpg (625x626, 24K)

i am lmaoing at ur life, son

Genre is a guide, but don't depend too much on it.

I grew up on rock music, but nowadays most of the rock music I honestly listen to is hardcore punk and extreme metal-related. I like the intensity, it's almost athletic, and honestly with the good bands, there's a really jazzy element to how a lot of them play. I've particularly liked the crust punk and grindcore bands. But I still like the near-romanticism of the more artsy, literate rock bands like The Libertines.

With pop, there have always been some great songwriters who used pop as their medium. Aside from people like Leonard Cohen, I've noticed that the French are actually excellent at this, and I'm particularly fond of Édith Piaf and Serge Gainsbourg.

With jazz, I think you really just need to find the right stuff to sink your teeth into and get comfortable with. As a rock fan, I found the bebop/hard bop figures particularly easy to transition into. Miles Davis' Kind of Blue really is an incredible entry point. From there, Charles Mingus' Let My Children Hear Music, Blues & Roots, and Mingus Ah Um are all great, as well as stuff by Art Blakey, Wayne Shorter, Pete La Roca, and that whole clique.

I think it's important to understand EDM in terms of being a functional and social music. I like it because I had a lot of good clubbing experiences in my early 20s. Going to a great club and really feeling house and DnB can give you a great appreciation for it as a communal experience. That said, if I hadn't had those early experiences, I don't think I could just start with it now, since I just turned 30 and I don't really feel any interest in clubbing anymore. If you're ever in Japan, check out Womb and AgeHa.

youtube.com/watch?v=OWtpoVmry2Q

listen to woody guthrie

You're getting old. Happened to me too. Take a week or two break from music and it'll get somewhat better, but it will never be the same as before.

Folk music isn't just one dude with a guitar.

sorry you're just a pleb. maybe try not being a retard.

Take a break then after listen to video game music

based.