The most important element of any album is how well it conveys the artists emotion and mind...

The most important element of any album is how well it conveys the artists emotion and mind. A lot of music today is made by people whose minds don't have anything interesting to say. Even the more alternative type stuff is really no better than your average hip hop album because it lacks that essential element. Out of the many albums discussed here, few reach the levels of expression and beauty that Carole King achieves on tapestry. There are blemishes and strokes of passion and soul throughout the album. Even the less popular songs manage to extend beyond traditional pop conventions.

Attached: 510YTKyur0L.jpg (500x499, 47K)

if u say so I’ll give this album a shot

I'm writing this while coming down from an acid trip. I have to say this album beyond any of DUDE trippy shit was by far my favorite to listen to.

When I first listened to it I think the song Its too late was the only song that stood out to me. After a few listens now I have to say that its in the lesser half of songs. Which is really a testament to the subtle qualities of each song

Just listened to it.
It’s too late was probably the most memorable song on the top of my head but they all have a great randy Newman esqe sound and Carole king’s voice is so fucking pretty

shit record

What “trippy shit” did u listen to

Yeah, that's a cool song. That's all i've heard from her though.

Intro tier shit to calm down some. MMT and some Pink Floyd. I love the beatles and I love pink floyd but Carole blew them out of the water somehow.
Listen to how smooth Where You Lead is, especially when she says "And if you wanna live in new york city"
The song Tapestry was also really great. It starts pretty slow but then really opens up over its duration.

Or on Way of Yonder when she gracefully builds up the "way over yonder" bits and then lets the instrumentals flow off her words.

wasted dubs
I'm glad you posted this album. It's a great gem.

Im glad you like it too. It's brought me a lot of joy tonight

Attached: carole king.png (1565x753, 122K)

I found listening to dark side of the moon on a higher than expected dose of mushrooms to be actually really unpleasant. Like, I was seeing ugly demonic faces on my walls when he starts to sing about wasting time and the inevitability of death.
Carole king isn’t really super heavy with its production nor is it rambunctious or overly loud, it’s just like really sweet melodic 70s music with lyrics relatable enough they don’t send you into an existential crisis

>That's the academy analysis of rock. The academy accepts the rock that adults applaud. The stuff that makes kids scream--even if the kids are pushing 30--it ignores.

I sometimes wonder just how little self-awareness this guy has.

Was this screenshot taken in 98?

Beyond a typical weed high or a light lsd trip I think what you said is true for a lot of music people associate with LSD. Pink floyd is good for getting you in the mood but under the influence there's a lot more pleasant stuff to listen to. It all kinda sounds like pop music at some point so the stuff that isn't trying to depress you is gonna come out on top.

Chrisgau's website is outdated but his half-drunk, somewhat-true-but-a-little-too-cynical style fits well with it

He wrote about the 1999 Grammys and almost 30 years later, very little had changed and the awards tended to be dominated by artists that appeal to 45 year old housewives.

Starting to think 45 year old housewives know more about good music than those of us who are music enthusiasts

You think I give a damn about a Grammy?
Half of you critics couldn't stomach me, let alone stan me
But Slim, what if you win? Won't it be weird?
Why, so you guys can lie to just to get me there
And sit me next to Britney and Christina Aguilera

Well bless my soul, I never realized she co-wrote The Loco-Motion.

Are you a 45 year old housewife from Alabama?