Back in the day, you had to be real to make it in the rap game, now any whack fool with face tattoos is a superstar

Back in the day, you had to be real to make it in the rap game, now any whack fool with face tattoos is a superstar

Attached: hderf.jpg (900x750, 108K)

Still remember them old days

Cool

when were the "old days" exactly? cause I remember Binary Star making the same claim back in 2000

When we was honest and rap was real

Attached: fres342.png (2012x752, 275K)

I wish rap were honest again

Eh, I dunno. I'd rather not have people getting shot for something they said on a record.

Back in early 90s rappers was writing rhymes for the children, to save their communities and their peoples

Lmao Eazy-E wasn't a massive sellout and half of N.W.A didn't go to the same high school as Lisa Kudrow and Paul Rudd.

It's always been jews(excuse me I meant to say rich white men), establishing and promoting the genres tested and formulated best in their labs. There has never been Soul in a major "hip-hop" release

Attached: effect-of-corporations-jenkem.jpg (750x545, 125K)

sneed

69 669 69

based

Does Yea Forums have any suggestions of real hip hop?

No

We had nothing but that in southern U.S since music execs and distributors were primarily black until rap gained massive popularity. In East Point, where I grew up, if you weren't bumping Outkast or Goodie Mob, you didn't know what was up.

Dälek
Eyedea & Abilities
Outkast
Cunninlynguists
Aceyalone
Pastor Troy
Wu Tang Clan
Goodie Mob
Mobb Depp

That's because you were real back then, the game ain't about that no more

Are you taking the piss with me? I can't keep up with memes.

better face tats than aids

So 1980 when Blondie brought rap to the top of the charts?

Also
>Eazy
>real
>couldn't even write his own rhymes
>had to have Dre tell him how to brag about his penis
>implying it was any bigger than the national average

southern rap is the only real rap

Still remember them olden days

The problem with you young people is that you know nothing, you have no knowledge of the history of hip hop or its meaning, it was not created to look like an idiot covered with tattoos and gold

>Oh, yeah, PS: Fuck Mr. Roarke and Tattoo, a.k.a Jerry and Eazy
>Sincerely yours, these motherfucking nuts

>other people write your raps
>real

I have no idea how anyone thought Eazy-E and Ice "Are We There Yet?" Cube were ever hard. Lyl.

t. studio gangstas

Greatest Hits [Priority, 2001]
He's always been smart and talented. What he hasn't always been is honest, so it's my displeasure to note that this garbage scow lists alarmingly when it takes on his 1998 and 2000 albums, titled War and Peace respectively for how hard it is to get through them. Me, I'm glad to be able to access so many of his best beats and rhymes without once having to hear him incite a race riot or forcing a Catholic schoolgirl to lick his testicles. B-

Attached: christgau1med.jpg (400x266, 17K)

Nothing real about NWA and their ilk. Spat about problems of their own creation, and then sold it as oppression by the man, basically. They've done nothing but glorify gang culture, a subculture that has taken who knows how many lives. Fuck those fake ass niggas.

Besides, only the first three tracks on SOC are gangsta shit. The rest of the album is the usual 80s hip-hop "Celebrate your hood" antics.

MOTHAFUCK DRE
MOTHAFUCK SNOOP
MOTHAFUCK DEATH ROW