ITT: We discuss musical rabbit holes

Alright Yea Forums, let's see if we can have a legit interesting thread on here still.

What I want of its thread is for its participants to share musical rabbit holes, by which I mean artists (or groups of artists) who present a unique aesthetic and are just interesting to read about/listen to, even if not particularly good. I'll kick things of by 4 things I found interesting to delve into and explore:

Tonetta
Canadian crossdresser who recorded crazed lo-fi indie rock that is actually sorta good. His videos, where he dances in a skirt and a mask, still float on youtube, uploaded there by fans only to be deleted by mods. He sells his sperm on his bandcamp. Fantano actually made a video review about his compilation album in 2010.

Jandek
This one is relatively popular and you should know who he is. If not - google away. What I didn't knew is that aside from "Ready for the house" and similar dissonant folk shit he actually has some absolutely amazing free improvisation/ambient albums. I love "Where do you go from here", get it if you want 10/10 serene but super lonely ambient album from fucking Jandek.

HKE and his SQ777 series
You should know who HKE is, he's one half of 2814 and founder of Dream Catalogue, the biggest vaporwave label there is. It's however interesting to read about his multiple breakdowns (check vw reddit archive) and the SQ777 series, which is kinda lame musically tbqh, but the concept of it - 7 albums released on 7 major vw netlabels - I find fascinating.

Bladee and drain gang
Again, nothing super obscure but I just recently found out about what a fucking weird rating distribution album "Eversince" has on RYM and about Bladee's sound in general. I'm only getting into him myself, but It's very interesting - his sound is like cloud rap taken to the absolute limit. So far I love his track "Ebay" the most.

>INB4 you knew about all of those
Mein respekt my dude, now share some more interesting shit
>INB4 you knew about none of those
Lurk fucking more

Attached: 2019-04-06_15h44_31.jpg (413x412, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Vaporwave/comments/7ulnei/dream_catalogue_and_the_trials_of_hke/
youtube.com/watch?v=yRPa9olS88g
soundcloud.com/cdr123456789/kyarikore-is-dead
cdr1234.bandcamp.com/album/evangelion-works-00000000
soundcloud.com/cdr123456789/sets/acid
soundcloud.com/cdr123456789/acidjaaaaaaaa
soundcloud.com/cdr123456789/yamete
youtube.com/watch?v=MskgOkBPRiI
youtube.com/watch?v=NseS0XVSMdY
batman.bandcamp.com
youtu.be/fn0gSDIT1Yo
youtu.be/X9L60BUux1k
youtube.com/watch?v=QrRjUFny-Kw
youtube.com/watch?v=0JBA8NPBlYE
youtu.be/MtxQncGyKek
youtu.be/isfLRegIne0
youtu.be/-UTcfhyeAdU
youtu.be/LLEnb5EYLWQ
youtu.be/en7-xZni79g
youtu.be/UHLiVmnkkvQ
youtu.be/t9XssWFOp7U
youtu.be/ckcr4thu2m8
youtu.be/29vs1J9-2Yg
flagsofgadarene.bandcamp.com/album/5-pillars
youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_ni7sc9mWBZjNngVX6bn2T_yzDGPvkLeS4
youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mM8KWDV2gbwow7BwF0pFdj_rDAgOOT8W0
outercloud.bandcamp.com/album/scratched-cd-2
youtu.be/Hwtfz3IyV_I
youtu.be/XjZVpVvad-c
youtu.be/I2A3_NmkeTE
youtu.be/zhVKTTITIfE
youtu.be/vGomSqfaiz4
youtu.be/OYxRUhfHevo
youtu.be/FWJSnTw8N1o
rateyourmusic.com/release/single/ground-zero/革命京劇-revolutionary-pekinese-opera-ver_1_50/
youtube.com/watch?v=TAtaaxb2TVU
youtube.com/watch?v=7hDOK-IN_cU
youtube.com/watch?v=cSqsfVhcJSo
youtube.com/watch?v=vzyOi5XRu_g
youtube.com/watch?v=ddD9lAdUK3c
youtube.com/watch?v=NJX-pjWPiSU
youtu.be/kNrmRt0AHvs
youtu.be/flCeZ0x0jxo
youtu.be/d9WE4rAmedI
youtu.be/d_QGTn-Rvh8
youtu.be/jxIDvn7Tqig
menbehindthesun.bandcamp.com/album/the-devil-built-his-house-inside-out-and-trapped-us-all-inside
youtu.be/kGEvT7rZbM4
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7PzRC9ROD-WXL3NciwlVs2u-Ce4uY0DG
youtu.be/ZMt3p04_dXk
youtube.com/watch?v=vpQxDnbTdSk
youtube.com/watch?v=ThuKWNNoXwI
youtube.com/watch?v=Jj1I-OIYFg4
youtube.com/watch?v=LmRR1oVlHVY
youtube.com/watch?v=rK2JJs1sWgU
youtube.com/watch?v=2eI97tfmiUU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

Attached: Cover.jpg (1400x1400, 225K)

deep internet bump
c'mon faggots I know some of you know interesting shit

Attached: Cover.jpg (1200x1200, 131K)

>mrw my thread doesn't have mucore or album-of-the-week type shit so it doesn't get any replies

Attached: Cover.jpg (700x700, 31K)

bump
this album may have never been posted here, check it out if you like cheesy horror b-movies itz good

Attached: Cover.jpg (1200x1200, 153K)

happy bump

Attached: Cover.jpg (600x600, 197K)

is this what you want? fuck man

Attached: Cover.jpg (1000x1000, 110K)

link me up with the HKE breakdowns, I'm legit curious

there isn't a single place where you can read all the info, but here's a sample post from the subreddit.
reddit.com/r/Vaporwave/comments/7ulnei/dream_catalogue_and_the_trials_of_hke/

The industrial scene in the UK is a pretty interesting rabbit hole

last bump with a /meal/ classic

you guys don't know shit huh

Attached: Cover.jpg (1200x1200, 379K)

So I found this album just digging through albums with spoken word sections on rym, with it being tagged as electronic-poetry-tapemusic. It looked cool, so I listened to it and loved it. Turns out, Ruth White was one of the earliest electronic music pioneers, and this record shifted the main style of electronic music form the earlier recordings of Stockhausen, which were chaotic and more orchestral, to a more simple style. The melodies on Evening Harmony just have so much power to them, and I love the whole record.

Attached: Flowers Of Evil.jpg (600x619, 189K)

Not OP, nice bait.

It was in fact me, OP, ironic posting the most recently popular mainstream shit to question if it's what this board wants instead of cool obscure albums

anyway if this thread took of at least a little have another cool rare album I guess

Attached: Cover.jpg (1178x1178, 372K)

Micachu (solo work & production for others such as Tirzah)

I'm the FoE user, tell me about this record. In the meanwhile, I'll tell you about this. This record is named shri camel, and it's by this woman named terry riley. I thought it was going to just be some wack hindu-fetishist type 70s prog, but it's not that at all. It's this weird microtonal ambient album with a serious American Primitivist bent and some droney vibes as well. Also, terry riley, the lady who made it, has a lot of recordings apparently?? I don't know, listening to this record is at once both peaceful and soothing, yet engaging and in motion. It's really incredible.

Attached: cover_30731752018_r.jpg (999x995, 214K)

Hey OP, do you have an rym?

Oh, this one? 高中正義 [Masayoshi Takanaka] - The Rainbow Goblins. It's somewhat rare japanese city pop with a fairytale about rainbow goblins in english. Very happy and generally feelgood.

My RYM name may or may not be Helwy

Attached: 8C71680A-94D4-46D4-AF20-0EBD803883AD.jpg (300x300, 14K)

youtube.com/watch?v=yRPa9olS88g
Soviet avant-folk mixed with musique concrète, industrial and noise rock

CDR

Electronic musician who has a backlog of hundreds of tracks on his SC and bandcamp

soundcloud.com/cdr123456789/kyarikore-is-dead

cdr1234.bandcamp.com/album/evangelion-works-00000000

soundcloud.com/cdr123456789/sets/acid

soundcloud.com/cdr123456789/acidjaaaaaaaa

soundcloud.com/cdr123456789/yamete

Insane Japanese avant-prog turntable music noise rock.

Attached: D6AA84AC-59D1-4846-A629-6722055D1A7A.jpg (300x300, 18K)

Good Thread
>Asphyxiation - What Is This Thing Called 'Disco'?
Before there was !!!, there was an australian band called (doubt Yea Forums has the unicode so Left Arrow Up Arrow Left Arrow) That was pronounced as three tongue clicks. Their leader, Peter Brophy, was asked by a Melbourne university to create an exhibit, and in under two weeks he created to my knowledge the only 'post-disco' album ever. It's one of the best minimal synth albums I've heard, and definitely unlike any other minimal synth I've heard. He created a fake band (of members of *three tongue pops*) who lipsynced their performance at the exhibition with the reel-to-reel prominently in view, and had a friend of theirs pose nude for the cover, to subvert the near-naked women on the covers of most disco albums at the time. It's a really interesting look at how the 70s and 80s crossed over, and I also enjoy saying I like listening to 'penis music'.

youtube.com/watch?v=MskgOkBPRiI
youtube.com/watch?v=NseS0XVSMdY

Will definitely check this out

Based, this is what I'm talking about

batman.bandcamp.com
this is pretty cool, wide variety of really good ambient-ish electronica (bad at genres sorry) with little to no internet presence

FoE user again, this one is pretty out there. This barry black fellow recorded 3 neo-psych albums in the 90s, and they're all really weird. This one sounds like the soundtrack to burying your dead pet as a child, only to be haunted by it in your nightmares years later.

Oops forgot pic

Attached: MI0000144468.jpg (500x492, 30K)

Cult classic early black/death/doom band with a very sinister tone. Their guitarist lived like a recluse and in 2015 he went berzerk and gunned down his neighbor, abducted his 8 year old son and murdered him too and then gave himself a shotgun mouthwash.

Attached: Reflections Of The Solstice.jpg (1000x1000, 411K)

>shotgun mouthwash
Can somebody tell me what this means?

It's when you put the shotgun into your mouth and press the trigger user, thus washing your mouth

Rocketship are definitely a lot more mainstream, but they still really impress me. What I love about them is howuch they bridged twee pop and shoegaze, without compromising elements of either. This release specifically feels so inspired and gorgeous.

Attached: a3141568942_16.jpg (700x700, 90K)

That's what I was guessing

Here you go, far and beyond what you could ever imagine. So many releases, some of the early noise releases one might not be as good compared to to everything else they have done but they are still great. If you look for music that completely transcends the human experience, its here.

Attached: 130321-the-skaters.jpg (620x413, 173K)

You guys know about CN/EOD ?
youtu.be/fn0gSDIT1Yo
Kinda underrated album desu.
What is fascinating about HKE is that he has a lot of aliases in the vaporwave genre, and his discography is also very consistent.

100% Clean and safe, I do it every morning.

I also know a very underrated album called "A for Amiga" by Ctrix.
It's extremely fun and memorable, you should totally give it a try. It's not very long btw.

youtu.be/X9L60BUux1k

all of these albums are Yea Forumscore or album-of-the-week type shit

youtube.com/watch?v=QrRjUFny-Kw

Attached: 1546279977938.png (500x363, 129K)

Ferrero band, hmmm? Omoshiroii.

coin locker kid. lots of albums, goes from abstract hip-hop with a poetic tone to 19 minute epics of i-don't-even-know-what and text-to-speech meta dialogues. he also has a radio play album or something like that, haven't listened to it yet
youtube.com/watch?v=0JBA8NPBlYE

Attached: cover.jpg (1184x1184, 671K)

The Emotron is an underground cult phenomena in the synth punk world with some of the weirdest antics ever seen. Probably the most famous is his setting on fire of his penis when he played which he's done regularly for years. His live sets are some of the most entertaining and otherworldly that I've seen. There's videos of him on YouTube vomiting to bomb the music industry songs. His music is maintains humor while also being a field of references both to his own lore and pop culture. The list of weird things this guy has done is beyond lengthy and his music is super rewarding as a catalog for a fan. Been telling mu about him for years, can't recommend getting into the emotron enough, its life altering

Thank you based stranger I will check him out too

wHAT?

not a representative of leftfield, in fact the opposite: his debut singles released on XL got huge traction followed by an album leak accompanied by a single tweet denying relation to said release that sees his career as a niche pop star out.

Attached: cover.jpg (500x533, 72K)

Oh yeah lol, I literally have this album saved on the "to listen" list, and it fits the theme of the thread so well. Thank you for reminding me!

They have done almost every single genre you can think of and even invented a few themselves, if you don't know them you literally missing on one of the most important artists of this century.

this was recorded in a school REALLY close to where i live in the 70s where they just did covers for paul, bowie and the beach boys. for some reason it just got a lot more popular in the early 2000s and is also an inspiration for school of rock.

Attached: Langleymini.300dpi.jpg (900x900, 577K)

ferraro/skaters was my answer too

Spencer is even more underrated.

Back when ELECT THE DEAD came out, a friend told me Serj had some other "solo" project aside from SOAD. I hunted this piece of beauty down.

Attached: Serj Tankian - Serart.jpg (499x500, 48K)

Finally a good thread, thanks OP
H.N.A.S.
80's industrial/psychedelic/avant-prog project with heavy surrealistic vibes.
youtu.be/MtxQncGyKek
youtu.be/isfLRegIne0
The Shadow Ring
90's english band, started as a weirder Jandek, their sound progressed on each album toward a more sound-collage approach and even stranger atmospheres. Check out also Graham Lambkin solo albums, some of the best musique concrete of the last 20 years.
youtu.be/-UTcfhyeAdU
youtu.be/LLEnb5EYLWQ
The Skaters
Early James Ferraro and Spencer Clark project, basically lo-fi ritual music for dumpsters. Check out also all the related projects by the two members, is a goldmine.
youtu.be/en7-xZni79g
youtu.be/UHLiVmnkkvQ
Double Leopards
Another american psychedelic noise band, with of drone and avant folk influences. All their albums are really different.
youtu.be/t9XssWFOp7U
youtu.be/ckcr4thu2m8
Yearning Kru
Glitchy but organic musique concrete with folky influences. Check out the rest of the Quantum Natives records, there is a lot of good stuff.
youtu.be/29vs1J9-2Yg
flagsofgadarene.bandcamp.com/album/5-pillars
Kink Gong
Electronic project of a french ethnomusicologist, made with heavily treated chinese folk recordings.
youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_ni7sc9mWBZjNngVX6bn2T_yzDGPvkLeS4
youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_mM8KWDV2gbwow7BwF0pFdj_rDAgOOT8W0

bump

Terry Riley is not a lady user

Attached: Riley.gif (500x684, 200K)

>The Skaters
Woah lol you're like the third person to post them. I mean I was mildly aware of Ferrero work, but daym, okay, I will research the shit about them now. And thanks for posting everything else too, very based of you. Have a good day.

Attached: 1537353137800.jpg (800x600, 66K)

Oh shit, that's wild. I always saw him reffered to as Riley, e.g. Riley wrote the album in 1980, so I assumed his gender as female.

Found this album a while ago, pretty interesting deep internet shit
outercloud.bandcamp.com/album/scratched-cd-2

Thanks user, I have a lot of music to listen to

I'm generally interested in noise, but noise groups that seem to be espousing a specific philosophy especially pique my interest. It's all the more interesting when their music is ambiguously noise. I guess I like outsider noise that aims towards something closer to experimental electronics? For a while I've been listening to Men Behind the Sun. Some of their releases are boring, especially the obscure spin-off walls that they've done. In general though their focused releases have been exactly my taste, and following their facebook page just makes me that much more interested. To me, they are at the end of the noise rabbit hole I have been down for some time next to (but for different reasons) Cremation Lilly, Whitehouse, Aaron Dilloway Ryoji Ikeda, Karasyozoku, Ground Zero and Kisha.

Attached: 11258031_406828672834939_7286005809184816719_n.jpg (720x960, 28K)

Cool thread.

Work/Death is dope but hard as hell to find in any fucking way shape or form

Attached: 4675183.jpg (300x270, 55K)

Oh hell yes.
Ground Zero is absolutely amazing.
I got into this record around the same time I came to love Annie Gosfield's Burnt Ivory And Loose Wires. Not the same really at all - but both great experimental electronic records

What about Pimmon's Assembler? It's a great album, but impossible to find anywhere does anybody know where to find it?

THIS

Attached: artworks-000024221404-g09myf-original.jpg (896x896, 163K)

this is cool man thanks for the share
what should I start with?
wow what a great list! yearning kru and kink gong are awesome! I honestly have never been able to get into james ferraro. I feel like an idiot but his music sounds retarded as hell to me everytime I've tried to get into it.
I usually don't like noise but this sounds interesting

Going to sleep now. Thank you everyone for posting interesting shit! Will now slowly check it all out. God I love music. G'night based people.

Attached: haha YES.jpg (538x491, 31K)

tonetta is great, i think faggot hipsters know enough about him so he's not completely "obscure". no doubt the man is cuckoo though, in an unironic way.
i've never fucking seen ground zero discussion on Yea Forums before, always just discussion on sachiko m's solo work (which i haven't seen discussion on in years either) thank god i stumbled upon this thread
do any of you know what this is, i've haved it bookmarked since 2015.
youtu.be/Hwtfz3IyV_I
there's some related videos of some j rock groups performing it, but nothing more about sachiko m's relation to this song. did sachiko m ever have a pop project?

>I feel like an idiot but his music sounds retarded as hell to me everytime I've tried to get into it
It's understandable, but i think it really depends on the album. Stuff like Far Side Virtual or the actually sound kinda retarded, but a lot of his albums have incredibly weird atmospheres, expecially his other aliases.
youtu.be/XjZVpVvad-c
youtu.be/I2A3_NmkeTE
youtu.be/zhVKTTITIfE
youtu.be/vGomSqfaiz4
youtu.be/OYxRUhfHevo
youtu.be/FWJSnTw8N1o

*or the Lamborghini Crystal side project

Thank you so much for the response - I will give these a go!
Looks like it's just a demo from this release
rateyourmusic.com/release/single/ground-zero/革命京劇-revolutionary-pekinese-opera-ver_1_50/

Why is this thread still not ruined by some stupid wojakposter?

>Bladee
You ruined your fucking thread faggot

You’ll get a kick out of pic related and other outsider artists though

Attached: 7302ADBB-A70A-4A8B-9C14-801C8C0E07D7.jpg (300x300, 14K)

Im mostly a huge noise and industrial nerd so I can post some recs but I feel like more specifically I want to post books for you guys to learn more about the scene, so get ready for the dump

Essential basic industrial reading ( start here ):

England's Hidden Reverse: A Secret History of The Esoteric Underground - David Keenan

Art Sex Music – Cosey Fanni Tutti

MICRO BIONIC: RADICAL ELECTRONIC MUSIC & SOUND ART IN THE 21ST CENTURY - Thomas Bey William Bailey

Industrial Culture Handbook: Re # 6/7 - V. Vale

Looking For Europe - A History Of Neofolk -Andreas Diesel; Dr. Dieter Gerten

More industrial reading:
NO - Boyd Rice

Throbbing Gristle's Twenty Jazz Funk Greats (33 1/3) - Drew Daniel ( dude from matmos)

Wreckers of Civilisation: The Story of Coum Transmissions & Throbbing Gristle - Simon Ford ( read cosey's book first )

Tape Delay: Confessions from the Eighties Underground - Charles Neal

Interrogation Machine: Laibach and NSK (Short Circuits) - Alexei Monroe

Listening through the Noise: The Aesthetics of Experimental Electronic - Joanna Demers

Noise, Power electronics and neofolk books

Noise Music: A History - Paul Hegarty

Fight Your Own War: Power Electronics and Noise Culture - Jennifer Wallis

Japanoise: Music at the Edge of Circulation (Sign, Storage, Transmission) - David Novak

Pink Noises: Women on Electronic Music and Sound - Tara Rodgers

Misery and Purity: A History and Personal Interpretation of Death in June

Electronic and Experimental Music 5th Edition - Thom Holmes

Attached: 1552688122220.jpg (2576x1932, 1.6M)

Double Leopards is great! I never see them mentioned! +++
Well, I love Ryoji Ikeda, Aaron Dilloway and CL - consider me sold

>moondog
>outsider

>Wreckers of Civilisation: The Story of Coum Transmissions & Throbbing Gristle
Do you have a pdf or ebook version? It cost so fucking much

How is moondog not outsider?

He actually studied music theory in school

You should check out

He had one song that turned into a meme, but all in all this whole album is good catchy lo-fi.

Attached: FA0DEB20-3D52-4CE1-B40E-D98B2988B305.jpg (355x355, 23K)

Hell yeah
this is like a step further than OPN's Replica
it is the closest to mirroring a DMT trip I have found in music and I never hear anyone talking about it at all
massive brownie points

This. Is. Gay. My. Nigga.

Magma. They sing in their own language, to sell their space-opera aesthetic with idea that they're from another planet, and their music basically created an entire genre called Zeuhl (which translates as 'celestial music').
Despite some people thinking they're nazis (Christian Vander has one of those perverse fascinations with the ultra-bombastic aesthetics of fascism which colors their music moreso than an actual nazi/fascist ideology), their whole thing is really an approach to the gospel-y spirituality of free jazz but from a more european, non-derivative perspective - the idea being that they wanted to recapture the feeling they had while listening to something like John Coltrane's ascension while at the same time not just ripping off african-american cultural identity. They sing these long repetitive passages that get them to a kind of trance-like state (both because of their repetition and being a bit out of breath), on top of the insane polyrhythms that seem to fold infinitely into themselves. it's quite amazing stuff. some examples:

youtube.com/watch?v=TAtaaxb2TVU

youtube.com/watch?v=7hDOK-IN_cU (this is the album most people start with)

youtube.com/watch?v=cSqsfVhcJSo

youtube.com/watch?v=vzyOi5XRu_g (this one's basically instrumental, but is also some of their heaviest stuff)

youtube.com/watch?v=ddD9lAdUK3c

youtube.com/watch?v=NJX-pjWPiSU

yea I know all that, good stuff
check out
youtu.be/kNrmRt0AHvs
youtu.be/flCeZ0x0jxo
youtu.be/d9WE4rAmedI
youtu.be/d_QGTn-Rvh8
youtu.be/jxIDvn7Tqig

Attached: 7876683.jpg (200x300, 19K)

menbehindthesun.bandcamp.com/album/the-devil-built-his-house-inside-out-and-trapped-us-all-inside
I read through the notes on their newest release and I have no idea what the fuck is going on but I like this a lot.
It's noise without being just noise.
Can anyone recommend more shit like this?

Attached: a1475747631_10.jpg (1200x1200, 109K)

LOL
I could've just hit refresh!
Thanks!

Please user answer me

Outsider refers to lifestyle as well, hence why Beefheart is also considered outsider, despite also knowing what he was doing

i'm sorry I don't. I honestly really suggest reading art sex music before anyway. Iv'e read both and im an old industrial faggot and honestly her autobiography is a much better insight to TG

Attached: hjv.png (484x431, 130K)

>Can anyone recommend more shit like this?
Check out Small Cruel Pary (the 3CD compilation An Accident in Substance is a good place to start) and Aube
youtu.be/kGEvT7rZbM4
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7PzRC9ROD-WXL3NciwlVs2u-Ce4uY0DG

Thank you anyway. Seems like art sex music can be easily found so good thing is actually better

>despite also knowing what he was doing
no he didn't, lol

bump

youtu.be/ZMt3p04_dXk

true

I feel like you would really enjoy The New Blockaders.

Great thread. Ground-Zero posters - I swear Otomo Yoshihide has collaborated with hundreds of underground Japanese musicians. He's on a whole laundry list of free improvisation albums as well as more conventional pop. You could practically fall in that rabbit hole for years and still find new stuff.

I'm a good friend and collaborator of David (he doesn't go by HKE anymore) ask me anything within reason and I'll answer.

But what you do need to know about him is that he's quit music forever. He's pursuing other things because he produced so much music to the point that he grew sick of it. He even argues that "music is finished" and that there is no room to innovate or explore.

Anything Keralino Sandorovich/Nagomu Records.

Attached: kerA_long_vacation.jpg (770x768, 141K)

check out Dark World Records if you're into Bladee/2010s hip hop in general, one of the most interesting collectives I've come across. Just a bunch of regular ass dudes from western Massachusetts, but they work hard at what they do and make some really interesting stuff. Once you get their vibe, watching & listening to their stuff can get pretty addicting, especially because there are a lot of members and most of them are pretty interesting in their own way

Few example videos:

youtube.com/watch?v=vpQxDnbTdSk
youtube.com/watch?v=ThuKWNNoXwI
youtube.com/watch?v=Jj1I-OIYFg4
youtube.com/watch?v=LmRR1oVlHVY

DJ Lucas is kinda the leader of the collective, has a couple videos with views in the hundreds of thousands, like this one:
youtube.com/watch?v=rK2JJs1sWgU

that argument's kiiiinda bullshit tho. no disrespect to the guy, but that's the kind of thing artists convince themselves of because they've gone too far in a specific direction, or because they've come up against a 'wall' due to their own limitations and shit. again, no disrespect, i just think it's a bad mindset

I disagree with him too and just had a debate about it today. It annoys me how he thinks things are over simply because he stops doing them or stops likeing them. He's now saying Twitter is "failing" because he stopped using it because he stopped enjoying using it.

He'll change his mind in the future probably. He still has interest in music as he has some new big plans for Dream Catalogue.

btw he also thinks that Ninja (the fortnite guy) had more of an effect on contemporary culture than any musician in the past 10 years lol

it sounds like his problem is that he's forgotten how to look outside his own bubble. that or he needs to convince himself that there's a good reason why he doesn't do the things he used to enjoy, when it might just be like depression or something. maybe even a bit of 'narcissistic personality disorder', which is definitely not uncommon in artists of renown

that being said, twitter and facebook do have a very real problem from their algorithms' priority of 'engagement' over all else, which leads to an influx of posts that elicit negative, rather than positive reactions (because it's more likely that you'll respond to shit that bothers you than nice things), and that has a profound effect on some people.

Hey man, thanks for the recs! I am currently reading Japanoise and I had a copy of WRECKERS OF CIVILISATION that I'll end up turning into a PDF if I can get. Other than the Industrial Culture Handbook and 20 Jazz Funk Grates, I hadn't read any of these others. Thank you!

youtube.com/watch?v=2eI97tfmiUU

>gossiping about a musician’s personal life behind their back on Yea Forums of all places

Attached: 4831D8E2-4C2F-4C79-81AF-F0295147316A.gif (238x155, 486K)

I tried to meme 777 into Yea Forumscore for a while but it didn't take. I love Tonetta so much.

Obviously

Attached: FEATURES_160629921_AR_0_RUDSUVMNZHXQ.jpg (535x543, 94K)

>f you're into Bladee/2010s hip hop in general
I hope nobody is

Riz La Vie, Napkins, listen to it

Attached: https___images.genius.com_15e492cc46802e13d5e50c16bcac8bab.340x340x1.jpg (220x220, 13K)