90s Hip-Hop sucks

90s Hip-Hop sucks.

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.u5.jpg (550x550, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IJtHdkyo0hc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

based

not as much as your shitty dj movie, zac

>Biggie, 2Pac, Jay Z, Wu Tang, Tribe, Snoop, Dre, Big Pun
>bad

I don't particularly like it myself, but jesus fuck is it ten times better than anything being shat out on Soundcloud by some wannabe gangster talking about how depressed they are.

Hope this trend fucking dies and every facetatted retard ends up severely regretting their majestic fuckup of unemployable proportions.

I'm not a fan of like Biggie and 2pac, but I love Mobb Deep and Tribe Called Quest

You clearly haven't listened to Houston rap

90s hip hop was the last good hip hop

Catchy beats but little to none subtantial lyrics

1980-1999 golden years
2000-2010 meh
2010-2019 a diarrhoea slippery dip straight back to the bottom. i've never seen such talentless cunts in all my life than the faggots that arrived in this era.

>ODB
>Ghostface
>Prime Eminem
>Nas
>Lauren Hill

The list is too extensive.

80s hip hop is ass

>2010s hip hop is ass
fixed it for you

kys zoomer

all hip hop sucks

90s hiphop was the golden era of hiphop, and the 80s/late 2000s/early 2010s were garbage. Early 2000s and mid-late 2010s hiphop is decent, ignore the trap and cloud rap bullshit.

>eminem
>90s

>ignore the trap and cloud rap bullshit
that stuff is pretty fucking awful.

true, but so is most of the popular rap/pop music we ignored from the 80s/90s.

good point.

>90s
All hip hop. All.

I really can't stand most 80s and 90s hip hop due to:

1. Limp production values compared to today's music (not their fault desu they just had to work with shitty tech)
2. Not as adventurous or just really sparse instrumentation compared to today even on very technical works e.g. Paul's Boutique
3. Rapping focused way too much on lyrics rather than vocal delivery/flow which is imo far more important. Only notable person that could switch flows like the way modern guys like Kendrick/Kanye/Danny/A$AP can is maybe Andre 3k a couple times? Also there's far more versatile stuff going on vocally today, too as there's even weird forms of singing that's part of hip hop as well with autotune, mumble rap, extensive rnb influence, etc.
4. Songs back then were always either loop same beat or pop style structure nothing else which got boring/predictable

please never post an opinion again

Hip-Hop sucks.

most of that sums up my problems with the 80s, but by the 90s I think the best of boom bap instrumentation is timeless.

*RZA blocks your path*

Attached: 6FD.jpg (640x640, 97K)

>Rapping focused way too much on lyrics rather than vocal delivery/flow which is imo far more important
You deserve to die painfully. I hope it's soon. Dumb fucking whore.

Nah, 90's had some good shit

Rap is better the more primitive it gets. Mumble rap is much better than gangster rap.
Lil yachty, kodak, x, peep, uzi, ASAP rocky, drake, juice world, 69, Lil pump
These guys are all better than ezy e, ice cube, snop doggie. Tupac and biggie are alright but sound way too dated. Rap is just better now. The alternative movement from Cudi and Kanye made it much better. The old beats were boring.

>can't even name less popular acts like Pete Rock, Pharcyde, Fu-Schnickens, Big Daddy Kane (well, he was more of the late 80's), Heavy D, Onyx, Gravediggaz, and De La Soul

white people when jazz was popular:
>That Jazz stuff is dangerous and will corrupt our youth

white people now that jazz is no longer popular:
>That Rap stuff is dangerous, why can't they go back to making jazz

give it 20 years or so

based
youtu.be/IJtHdkyo0hc
90's and beyond was such a good era for Houston rap, Z-Ro, UGK, DJ Screw. Shame the Houston rap scene is pretty dead now.