stringtensionpro.com/
>Music theory:
musictheory.net/lessons
>Guitar Maintenance and other information:
frudua.com/guitar_craftpedia_en.html
youtube.com/channel/UCXU3GYv5qEzuPePqXOJBgXw
>Why is my guitar buzzing?
frets.com/FretsPages/Luthier/Technique/Setup/BuzzDiagnosis/buzzlist.html
>Large repository of tabs, books and other resources related to playing and theory:
mega.nz/#F!v2oQgKhB!5nEaeUD8xxQYO8ipUoViqw

old thread

Attached: gg.jpg (1175x938, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mfBxIkdrj78
youtube.com/watch?v=gZQSgH2sSKY
youtu.be/RJZYCL07cRU
justinguitar.com/guitar-lessons
vocaroo.com/i/s0o2mH6RX8dV
vocaroo.com/i/s0J7WMvzijgU
vocaroo.com/i/s1l4SpOrfj3V
vocaroo.com/i/s1ynZXSCrNrR
vocaroo.com/i/s0PcNXdeqAHh
youtube.com/watch?v=jViBFzytVXo
vocaroo.com/i/s11QzCvidxez
youtube.com/watch?v=QA5UWHFg-SE
vocaroo.com/i/s0u87u3UHa2T
youtube.com/watch?v=jM8dCGIm6yc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flyting
youtu.be/XJDfaIXw3UU
youtube.com/watch?v=J---aiyznGQ
youtu.be/6kVgzY1JfHM
youtube.com/watch?v=GXM-5j9NDDw
instaud.io/3wbk
youtu.be/7rNKuYuex1I
instaud.io/3wc3
instaud.io/3wd6
producelikeapro.com/blog/free-daws-best-available-2018/
instaud.io/3wes
instaud.io/3weG
vocaroo.com/i/s1ktsXCNwRtN
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for using a passive volume pedal cleans up the gain from your amp.

>he thinks i didnt know this from the beginning and didnt just wanted to troll him
Lmfao what is tender surrenddr for $500

First for you will not even have gain problems with digital amp

>i was only pretending to be retarded
This would be more convincing if we didn't already know that you're retarded.

When did you realize scales are pointless when improvising, and all you should focus on is getting the feel and rhythm right?

>i was just pretending to be a retard

jcum just admit you didn't know because you plug directly into your stack.

the rallying cry of mediocre players everywhere

learn your scales and modes, pleb

How many hours have you spent agonizing over tone, just for nobody else to actually hear it except maybe through your bedroom walls? I'd imagine the amount of time and money you've wasted is a LITTLE RIDICULOUS!
What's really silly though, is that even the most immaculate tone is wasted on the chopslets who post here! TRULY ABSURD!

Attached: 1554460940159.gif (2000x2000, 778K)

you can't play at all can you? just the first few chords to stairway i bet

Attached: 1553906837377.jpg (499x613, 92K)

I already know them, but I improvise better when I don't focus on them and just try to get the feel right.

You should watch Jimmy Bruno's channel, he hates fags that think about theory when they play.

I did know. Watch the tender surrender video you can see him using it . just wanted to have a discussion lol.

Tone doesn't really matter in black metal. Just go 0 0 11 for the treble and forget it.

>Got bass
>Got guitar
>Getting better at singing
>No loop pedal
>No pc or audio interface
>No money
Really is a clown world

next time you troll maybe don't do it from a position of ignorance, feigned or otherwise
because nobody is going to believe you when you claim to just be trolling after the fact

>no really guise, just pretending

Attached: 1532724850562.png (552x543, 358K)

You can hook up your guitar to your phone.

I've seen 900fag go into damage control before, but never this hard.

Tell yourself whatever you need to. I find such self-deceptions to be QUITE LAUGHABLE, myself!

Attached: tenor (17).gif (498x498, 207K)

Its all about the (you) count. Im going home tho. I play nice when im at home

bought this as my first pedal and I love it

Attached: DS1.jpg (407x750, 42K)

>no rly guise, pinky swear

anti-tone fagging is the fastest way to let us know you either can't play or only play metal

While he is clearly trolling, it is true that chasing gear and 'tone' distracts a lot of people from actually playing and improving.

Thoughts on Zoom G3X Vs. Zoom G3XN ?

I read some reviews and it sounds like you can stack more pedals on the G3X than the XN, but maybe that's changed since the last review?

How do they compare to other effects processors within a similar price range like the boss gt-1?

>tone = skill

Attached: 1554480235540.jpg (563x651, 226K)

How do

my tech of trust hates me because i'm obsessed with unplugged fret buzz hahaha

get a job and then lose the time and drive to play or sing
worked for me, i'm buying gear every month and still saving for my bank account because i dont hang outside

the n generation sounds a lot more natural

You can even overdub yourself without a cable. The quality won't be as good of course.

There's probably something better now, but this was cool a couple of years ago, just need to buy a special interface (irig2)

youtube.com/watch?v=mfBxIkdrj78

youtube.com/watch?v=gZQSgH2sSKY

Nice, I saw some people hinting at that in reviews but it's probably pretty noticeable huh

Do you think the Zooms are the best with their price point or have you seen more attractive alternatives? Only one I've seen so far is the Boss GT-1

I know a local artist that kills it with the GT-1, but I'm budgeting hard as fuck so I wanna make sure to check out everything else on the market before I make a purchase. Seems like the GT- 1 doesn't have XLR

My funking bass guitar do not work

Attached: 1550692089249.png (593x635, 285K)

Hi Sam!

i think the g3xn is the best. boss stuff sound like kid toys in comparision

I appreciate your input man, I'm gonna be looking around a little while longer before I buy, but I feel like I've made up my mind at this point

Attached: stock-photo-teen-with-empty-wallet-young-woman-shows-her-empty-wallet-bankruptcy-587251742.jpg (1500x1101, 289K)

sup buddy

theres also this new vox multifx called stomplab 2g, i dunno what's its larger equivalent but it may be worthy lookin up

Ill check it out, thanks

the next thing is buying a guitar

What's the tuning for the bass on this album?
youtu.be/RJZYCL07cRU

would music theory help me translate what I hear in my head into the guitar or what do I need to learn to adquire that skill
please respond :(

justinguitar.com/guitar-lessons

Search music theory. Justin is the best

you need a basic way to record your voice
and a good tuner app

No, that's more ear training than music theory. The best way to improve it is to practice transcription every day. "Transcription" is listening to a piece of music and then writing it down, or alternatively working out how to play it.

Ear training and theory in conjunction. Common chord progressions and especially intervals.

What do you think guys? New player series

Attached: 3BDE43D7-BBFB-4C7B-8FF3-DF2784141CA2.jpg (469x1045, 199K)

New finishes already?

So its a les paul with master volume and master tone??

K-A-K-A

I saw a sunburst like this one in my local music store

Please don't meme me

Looks familiar

no

Attached: 20190131_183608.jpg (2268x4032, 3.53M)

Then go back to UG forums

Eat kaka and die

You, me and a kaka cigar, what do you say??

I've been playing guitar for over a year and still can't play a single song from front to back. I always learn bits and pieces of songs that sound good, but never have the patience to fully be able to play a full song. Is this ok?

if you want to be able to play in front of people, you're eventually going have to learn some songs. Otherwise, it doesn't really matter. if you're playing for fun, just do what you think is fun

It's not ok, I did the same thing for awhile.
Firstly, you'll never be able to play with other people because you wont know any songs.
The REAL problem, though, is that you're probably learning main riffs and shit that sounds interesting, then tuning out when its time for a bridge or pre-chorus. This will fuck you when you try to write your own songs. You'll just be putting a bunch of riffs together and it will sound like shit.
Also if you don't discipline yourself to learn a song all the way through, you'll find yourself skipping difficult bits that will advance your playing.

rate song
vocaroo.com/i/s0o2mH6RX8dV

I've never seen a Fender Tele in sunburst with double binding. Why do they do it only with the Squier classic vibe?

yeah lmao, like things are so bad the only way is self deceiving

this is the guitar and bass thread, not rate my faggy songwriting

6/10

but i wrote it with a guitar

If you're really interested in doing this kind of thing, get singing lessons, even just some basic ones. song isn't bad, your singing is hard on the ears though. no bully.

why is it bad

It's okay. The lyrics aren't very good, they're kind of generic and repetitive. The chorus sucks, not just for the lyrics but the guitar part is also extremely repetitive and overly melodramatic for how simple it is. Otherwise I liked it.

You should really practice your singing. Consider joining a choir or getting lessons or something. It was alright but the low vocal part at the end was completely grim, your voice isn't ready for singing that low.

Yes.

Yeah, that user worded it weirdly. The series isn't that new so I thought it had to be new finishes.

Successful guitarists outside of faggy shoepop dreamgaze are not known for obsessing over tone beyond saying "i uh, play a stratocaster though a marshall amp, i mean it's all the fingers man"

And their "Stratocaster" is actually an LTD stratalike but they don't give a shit because one guitar lasts a lifetime

Its pretty rough. I mean, I can't do any better, but I'm not trying to sing or perform songs like that. If thats what you want to do, get some singing lessons and you'll be doing alright.

and a headstock that isn't retarded, a longer scale length with more string tension and so objectively more sustain, but a sharper attack that negates the psychological effect of that sustain

also it's priced more reasonable for the quality you get instead of made slightly worse than a $600 korean guitar and sold for custom shop prices

"I've been chasing tone my whole life" -- Eddie Van Halen

Van Halen is pretty faggy if you ask me user

>tfw tone is all in the fingers, but you can't buy better fingers
based

Attached: ru4nv13558u01.png (485x443, 27K)

So this riff is giving me trouble, and naturally I'd like to see some other people attempt improvising over it just to get some activity in this general and to see how it should be done with a rhythm like this. Because honestly, I cannot improvise over black metal rhythms for shit and I don't know why so show me how it's done guys.
vocaroo.com/i/s0J7WMvzijgU
Key of C Minor works with it cause that's what it's in. 75 BPM, the chords are in sixteenths.
Here is my attempt if you have critique to offer as well as a jam along. I think the main issue is that I can't focus on the quarter beats as they're jumbled among the sixteenths so I keep losing the rhythm. I've just started working with black metal today and I've never dealt with spamming sixteenths on the rhythm guitar before. Fairly new to improvisation as well.
vocaroo.com/i/s1l4SpOrfj3V

Attached: 1538156236848.jpg (3024x4032, 1.33M)

The problem with electric guitar is that it combines being a guitar (a naturally dissonant sounding instrument without crazy fretwork) with electrically processed and amplified sound, which is going to sound a little clipped or distorted no matter how much even order harmonic content you get from your high end tubes. There is no good clean tone - it all sucks so it's all personal preference, like trying to choose the hottest woman out of a bunch of flat chested asians and not being allowed to cut the bullshit and grab a girl with big tits.

So people can spend their entire life trying to figure out why it doesn't sound quite right. it doesn't sound quite right because it's an electric guitar. The only way it actually does sound good is if you use it like a stringed synth so your dynamics and expressiveness can shit all over the keyboard guys. Which is basically where you get metal. Guitars being used for synth tone.

tremolo pick everything

I love flat chested asians and hate big tits. Which tone is best for me?

Because it is. Too my ears, It sounds like your not singing with enough force and in my opinion, your talking more than your actually singing, iminiating a voice not and not from your diaphragm*

But singing is such an internal issue that it's taught almost in metaphor depending on the teacher. Help cannot hurt.

your bass tone is too thick and fuzzy, and reminds me more of doom or sludge than black. Maybe try putting more treble on it, and take out fuzz for a clean tone. Also, try a bit more chromatics.

play hot single coils, overdrive + compression, cut lows for clarity

now take estrogen until your voice goes up a step and start a J-rock band

do you mean for the lead guitar attempt or the rhythm? cause it's the lead guitar i'm worried about.
i'll try putting more treble and less fuzz on the lead, add some more chromatics, but i don't know if that will offset the trouble i'm having with keeping in time
but thank you regardless, those sound like good suggestions

>one guitar lasts a lifetime

don't let youtube guitarists see this

>be youtube guitarist
>more guitars than skill

hows the singing on these, is it hard on the ears? i put more effort on them.
vocaroo.com/i/s1ynZXSCrNrR
vocaroo.com/i/s0PcNXdeqAHh

is it the intonation or i project my voice in a harsh sounding way?

does estrogen really work for singin higher?

Yeah, the same cocktail of drugs that causes breast growth gives you a higher and cleaner voice.

You should uh, really look into that. Also hit me up in a couple years and we could stand a band. yeeeaaaaaaah.

how do i get the higher voice without the breasts and desire to get fucked like a girl

You don't

Attached: Pp4a8li.png (894x894, 473K)

rate

Don't worry about time for now, just try to play straight. Your lead sounds fine, but it seems to be lacking in notes. Don't worry about tone or being in tune, I'd try to worry more about consistency of notes or speed. Think Celtic Frost or Slayer.

Metronome is your friend.

youtube.com/watch?v=jViBFzytVXo / 10

use reverb effects and lower the audio quality and be car seat headrest

I mean your rhythm, but it sounds like bass.

Cut your nuts off

PLEASE R8 OR H8 MY IMPROV JUST NOW
vocaroo.com/i/s11QzCvidxez

no, fuck off

No ones forcing you retard. Lmfao

How long have you been playing? Seems like you have a decent melodic sense, you just need to be more confident in your playing. Your left hand seems very stiff, overall working on timing and pitch (when bending) is what I would do.

Ive been playing for 12 years now i guess. And im sure it sounds stiff because i havent gotten much practice in lately working long hours and such and ive been slacking not gonna lie but imma buy an interface soon and make everything much cleaner sounding.

Either way thanks for letting me know what i need to work on.

eh, playing in front of people isnt my dream, although id like to be able to write my own music

hm interesting, thanks.

I'm in such a depression. I keep coming to this general and getting excited about playing, then I sit down at my guitar and I get bored after 10 minutes.
I've lost the music, bros. Kill me.

Here check this out

youtube.com/watch?v=QA5UWHFg-SE

Wanna duel?

On a side note fuuuuuck my homie just invited me to go sing karaoke with his coworkers and idk if i should go

This Karaoke larping angle is weird dude lol

Its a way to practice my vocal control

>vocaroo.com/i/s11QzCvidxez
instagram it.

I would follow jcums Instagram

vocaroo.com/i/s0u87u3UHa2T

Just for you fag

Why
It would be ratchet af

>It would be ratchet af
Please make it happen

What song is this?

>Why
why not?
internet fame.

im just not inspired by anything lately
im just going to get drunk and shitpost

take a break for one week.
watch guitar vids.

this negatively effects me, actually. im always drawn to videos of people like petrucci or gilbert, then i pick up my guitar and I just feel so fucking lame.
I keep trying to use that as motivation to practice but I keep failing. I've stopped caring about music. I rarely even listen to it anymore, and when I do it's "comfort music"...classic rock my parents used to listen to and shit. Stuff from my childhood.

What kind of food should I get /gg/

Attached: sdfsdf.jpg (1109x875, 90K)

Maybe try getting into something else? Shred guitar gets pretty stale for me pretty quickly, so I usually end up listening to jazz or noise or electronic music to cleanse the palate.

beer

Bank of America

already healf way drunk,got lots of beer. I think that shitty ass pizza might be the only thing walking distance thats open.

Attached: pizza.jpg (750x1000, 103K)

The kind you cook yourself so you save money for gear

My girlfriend is into electronica and synthwave, so I hear that pretty often but it's not really my thing. She also listens to lots of euro neu-metal, which is a little closer to my tastes, but it still al sounds like shit.
The last music I really, truly appreciated was a random video of a mongolian metal band.

Yes! Organic Market
Kale and Micro-greens salad with balsamic vinaigrette

I only have an electric guitar. I'd like to have an acoustic one too.

It also occurred to me today that resonators sound really cool and I'd like to make cool sounds like that. So should I get a resonator as an acoustic guitar or is everything I play on it going to sound like redneck swamp music?

Attached: resonator guitar.jpg (1200x1200, 195K)

will gitar get me gf?

Attached: helper guitar.jpg (584x512, 130K)

GUITAR IS

if it was still the 80s or 90s, yes
now? probably not. you'd be better off with a launchpad and a laptop.

TURNING YOU

GAY

youtube.com/watch?v=jM8dCGIm6yc This the only music that has left an impression on me in like two years

this was meant for you

based

Sure why not, after all it's just a guitar. If you play Bach on it, it's not going to sound like delta blues. I've found that only the all metal resonator guitars sound significantly different from regular acoustic guitars, otherwise it would be hard to tell in a blind test.

>it would be hard to tell in a blind test.
wot you say mate?

what the fuck is this
this melted my face

which electric is the most versatile? i want to play many genres

Every time I try a different guitar it feels wrong, but mine feels like it's missing something, like the fretboard needs to be a little flatter and the neck needs to be a little less glossy and more rough and smooth at the same time like that matte plastic on thinkpads.

Super-strats are the most versatile, either with an HSH config or HH with split coils at the neck. You can approximate almost any genre, your options will only be limited by your effects loop.

It always takes me a little while to adjust to new guitars. I hate it when people hand me their guitar to try out because I can never play at 100% until I've spent some time with it.
As far as your complaints about your current axe, take it to a boutique and get it set up by a pro.

if it has two humbuckers and coil splitting for both it can do anything

there's actually not many reasons to own configurations other than HH unless you add a piezo in the bridge

nobody wants to listen to the asian equivalent of niggers, kys

wow.... cool it with the racism.

did you listen to that nigger shit he posted?
this is a white mans board

I listened to it, it's not my thing but I can see why someone would like it.
This is the wrong general for you fag, go back to /pol/. We respect artists, not skin color, in /gg/

Guitar is a pretty non-white instrument. Invented by indo-iranians, favored by spaniards, and popularized in the US by africans.

if you want a white instrument try uh, actually I can't think of any instrument that wasn't invented by middle easterners or meds at the whitest. Modified by whites, yes, but not invented. Even synthesizers were first made by a jew.

What kind of music do the nordics and germanics make?

been playing the bass for a couple months and have been noticing the skin on my fingertips are starting to thicken, which would be great if I also didn't play violin. Now I can hardly feel the violin strings and I'm a bit scared to continue bass without compromising on my ability with my primary instrument ;_;

shut up nigger lover
ELVIS!

elvis was a CIA nigger

accordion is the whitest instrument. invented in germany. almost exclusively played by whites.

nazis, this is your instrument.

Attached: 81mjLGrx0LL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1033, 178K)

>almost exclusively played by whites.

nah

Attached: 50c9fd911ab52.image.jpg (504x504, 34K)

tell that to hispanic people

Russia

Nothing. In ancient times their only music was crude yelling and simple drumming. Were it not for the civilizing influence of the Celtic population of Britain the Angloids probably never would have learned to make music.

That man is very visibly white.

so thou art saying
we were the first rappers, among other things?

by the heavens

Talk me out of buying a Fender Blues Jr tweed bros.
Please tell me any downsides about this amp.

Im writing a document that teaches (you) how to pick up a guitar knowing absolutely nothing to being able to playing guitar fluently, i pretty much have all the basics typed down except for sections that teach you how to read music off sheet and execute guitar techniques. I was going to upload it today but seems a little late, thread will probably get archived and no one will notice, posting to see if anyones remotely interested or if theyd rather go to urls on ops post and youboob.

Attached: Preview of chapters .png (1014x324, 20K)

I mean, civilization arrived in northern Europe last, so that makes sense.

Bagpipes are pretty fucking white though.

i need to leave my girlfriend because i hate her but my entire life is wrapped up in our co-existence

I know that feel

Pic related it's her

Attached: 781d1ec38a8b316206056a6653e97ffb.jpg (603x1072, 102K)

Post a couple pages from random chapters

no i mean my real girlfriend, not my waifu
seriously. she has zero empathy. i support her through all her issues but if I dare to have a moment where I break down and vent, all she does is criticize me and tell me it's my own fault
I fucking hate her
I wish she'd kill herself so I could have my life back, because I'm too pathetic to gather up my balls and just leave

nah he's Mexican af

Attached: RamonAyala-15.jpg (1366x2048, 668K)

Your girlfriend sounds based. Just give her to me.

she has borderline personality and bipolar. have fun with that. no matter how much you support her through her bullshit she will never return the favor.

Attached: Triad Formula Chapter.png (1053x953, 35K)

>providing emotional support with anything but your penis and the sweet sound of flamenco guitar

This is why she's mentally ill.

Attached: Harmonization Chapter.png (1090x1000, 24K)

I provide both of those things, though I admit my flamenco is imitation bullshit

You must provide nothing but those things in times of need, and work on your fucking flamenco.

Women are not creatures of words but creatures of cock. And music.

>Women are not creatures of words but creatures of cock

so true

Unironically yes. Rap battling was invented somewhere in northern Europe sometime during the dark ages. It's unclear if it was a Celtic or a Germanic thing but it was being practised in Scotland into the modern era.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flyting

Africans Americans invented rapping in the same way Columbus discovered America.That is to say not at all, it just revealed what was already long known to a new audience.

Haggisniggers aren't white, they're pink.

00f, actually finding a couple tiny errors, will correct before i upload full document..

Am I reading this right or does it take you 20 chapters to get to the part about actually playing guitar?

Alright, what about the clavichord and harpsichord?

Nobody claims black people invented atonal speech measured to a beat.
Rap as we know it started in the late 70s when an MC (master of ceremonies) would announce tracks that the DJ was about to play, and talk in measure over the first few beats of the traclin an artistic and improvisational way. The rhyming came later.

well you read about 11 chapters before advancing to anything beyond basic, but these chapters are very small, no filler and they just get straight to the point. but essentially if you follow through you could learn all the basics in like an hour and go play Wonder Wall without reading a tab or whatever it is people want to do.

sheet music is ass for gutiar though

i can play piano from "actual music" no problem but all the duplication across the fretboard and the tuning in 4ths and a 3rd and 4th and the fuckhuge scale length means no matter how much theory you understand you need more experience with guitar than you need knowledge of grand staff notation.

so in the end you don't read sheet music for guitar, you translate sheet music into tabs in your mind and then play from that

Hip-hop yeah.

But any talk of "rapping" as a musical tool being invented in the 20th century is complete nonsense. Rhythmic, rhyming speech over music is about as old as music. It's another way in which contemporary music critics are completely Americentric and from listening to them you'd get the impression music was invented sometime in the 1800s.

git gud

You can git very gud at it but the more complex the piece the more ass backwards using grand staff notation on a guitar is.

Even experienced classical guitarists still have fingerings written in and orient staffs for thumb and finger picking.

>well you should use it because otherwise you aren't a real musician okay
>why? uh, look at chamber violinists. they're REAL musicians. and what do they read? mmm hmm.

Good exercises for building calluses?

I want to get my ring and pinky to catch up to the other two fingers.

not entirely, I play with professional guitarists and bass players who dont use tablature and the tuning of a guitar is irrelevant, the guitar is tuned like that for a more practice use of fingering but if you pay attention all the guitar is, is just a set of piano keys laid out 6 different times so its theres no real difference.

If you want to make it complicated for yourself you can hold onto that poor concept but it keeps you in a state of ignorance which hinders your growth/comprehension. im not intending to sound like a dick or anything, I just want to see people succeed and enjoy their learning experience. but I digress, theory is theory and it doesnt change nor make it difficult between instruments, technically if know theory as well as you claim any instrument should be Super easy to learn.

No you are a real musician, just a real dumb one.

s p i d e r e x e r c i s e s
Sit down in front of the tv, have a metronome playing through one earbud and just go at it for 10 minutes everyday

>Writing a song
>Can hear in my head EXACTLY what this song needs
>Not good enough at guitar to know how to play it

Attached: 1367369520180.jpg (535x577, 40K)

i like it sounds >indie

How do I know what to set the metronome to?

Hum it into a tape recorder then play it back and fgure it out note for note like you would a youtube vid

In music the standard tempo is 120.
increase your tempo by 10 when you see no more errors in playing, if too hard, reduce by 10. keep it in 4/4

120 is pretty fast on its own, practice to it using only Quarter(4) notes, double your amount of notes to Eighths(8), then 16... 32 if you start getting cocky.

i.e Tempo 120
4/4 In Quarter Notes

1 2 3 4 | 1 2 3 4 | 1 2 3 4 | 1 2 3 4 |

Using Eighths

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 |1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 |

etc..

Start the metronome at whatever pace you feel you can EASILY play WITHOUT mistakes. Increase it gradually.

set it to 80 each click is a quarter note practice. also you could feel the click on the upbeats or the e and a.

120bpm is fast as shit for anything but quarter notes, I find 80bpm playing in 8ths easier because you have room to speed up

Any tips on how to play like this?
youtu.be/XJDfaIXw3UU

The more accompaniment is played the more mentally awkward it gets to sight read without attempting an impossible stretch. It doesn't map out easily as it does to piano.

And if music is just to learn from, not to play from without prior knowledge, you might as well use tabs.

learning how to classic rock is a step in learning guitar.

try explaining this to the theory based guitarists who want tab based guitarists to understand to play the minor 3rd interval of the diatonic minor scale and not the minor 2nd in a piece they play incorrectly.

tab based guitarists: "Huhhhhh???"

why would a theory based guitarist play with a person that only plays ac/dc?

!!! I'm a newbie and I'm pretty interested user. you can post it here or next thread I don't really mind but I'm very interested

Thanks for your enthusiasm man, Ill make an effort to upload on the next thread

Why does anyone play with anyone? why does someone who mainly plays piano think that the guitar is somehow differently? Short Answer: there is not just 1 answer and your ability to try and specify a reason is as self defeating as someone who trys to learn an instrument without knowing their theory.

whats your point? pick a position to play in e.g. half position on upright. its not really that hard.

pretty sure theory is only useful after you learn technique.
you learn technique through practice.
starting with tabs is just fine as it's no different than sheet music in terms of it just being a reference.
theory is needed to be great, but you can still be swell enough from just practicing tabs and technique.

being "pretty sure" isnt a good enough statement to make me think otherwise, if you asked a pilot of a plane if he could land it and said "pretty sure" that makes the statement invalid, i personally wouldnt fly on an air transit that lands 9/10 planes so im not about to settle on a poorly executed argument. BUt I digress.

Sure if you want to be a Hobby Player you can take 10 years to learn tabs and be kinda half assed good at your instrument to impress your friends but when I approach someone to teach them something I dont skip details and leave people in the dark, i shed light on everything.

Im 100% positive to be an efficient player of your instrument, to get positive results that make you more enthused to play you need to know your theory, to keep out of ruts and frustration. it is the only way unless you have 50 people you can randomly network with and have them answer your questions or have unlimited access to internet where you can youtube and Yea Forums everything.

theory is intuitve on piano and difficult to apply on guitar. piano even colors the sharps and flats for you and you can just count steps without doing any mental math, and the shape of the layout corresponds easily with note names again without the need to count or recall anything but the shape of a keyboard section going from C to B or whatever.

tell a beginner pianist 1, 3, 5 and they'll play a chord almost instantly. tell a beginner guitarist to play a chord with the first, third, and fifth notes in a C major scale and they'll be like
>huh, what?
>hold on...E...f...f sharp...a....b...c...
>okay now give a minute

piano = literally babby's first instrument. even a cat can play it. don't take pianists seriously. their instrument was invented for people who were too klutzy to use a dulcimer properly.

Attached: teh cat.jpg (470x353, 20K)

Just because you see an animated video of a cat playing a piano doesnt mean the cat actually imply the cat played a piano.

and if you read the Triad formula chapter I uploaded you could see that a guitarist could also be like >" Play the 1st 3rd and 5th note of the scale, got it " A beginner guitarist using theory is just as qualified of understanding the chord formula just as well as a beginner pianist does using the same approach.

I dont understand your hostility when the chromatic order of the notes doesnt change on either instrument. and you do realize the world is made of billions of people right? to narrow billions of brains down to one isnt practical, no one thinks like 1 specific person and thus again your argument is invalid

>he doesn't think the cat actually played the piano

you fool
you damned fool
look at the emotion, the passion, and tell me the cat isn't playing piano

youtube.com/watch?v=J---aiyznGQ

now i tell you i have never seen a cat play a guitar but i have seen a cat play a piano

I admit one thing here, that I am not Yea Forums savvy or internet savvy, so i dont know how to embed videos but take a look at this and have your mind blown.

youtu.be/6kVgzY1JfHM

obviously fake. cats don't like fender.

Downloaded bias and it seems a bit shit compared to guitar rig desu

Attached: 1546729614372.png (800x909, 837K)

tell that to the 3 cats in my house that lay next to my telecaster and twin reverb and insist in sitting in my fender hard cases.

those are dogs.

youtube.com/watch?v=GXM-5j9NDDw

sorry no dogs here, not a fan of them. too loud, piss on lawns that arent theirs and leave shit everywhere that no one picks up.. besides who needs to take care of something that essentially a child until it dies, im not parent material it would never survive.

yup cats are pretty swell, they just lay around, get petted and eat food and say "fuck off im playing my fender" easy enough to take care of and besides they walk themselves.

tell me about this amp.

Attached: 1302617.jpg (700x288, 59K)

It's made by fender and seems to have tubes inside it.

Pretty solid, not nearly as good as the Super Bassman 300 or a Traynor YBA300 though.

>tfw no quirky/qt gf to go out with friday and then wake up with in my arms on a saturday and then play some bass while she lies on the sofa half naked next to me

Attached: 1542597626618.png (1022x731, 643K)

Just another day in the life of user, i feel you tho.

Attached: rainingwojak.jpg (484x497, 35K)

Ok gg just got a new guitar but it has this tiny crack. Should i be worried?

Attached: 20190405_223446.jpg (3264x1836, 1.13M)

The allure of the HS setup

Attached: gl_kamikaze-3_6.jpg (800x842, 105K)

Bass!

Attached: __kitazawa_hagumi_bang_dream_drawn_by_komachi_narota__sample-a30ecfe7282d52b6a05838e1a0f34082.jpg (850x1063, 186K)

Good morning

Attached: 5F639AE4-766A-4ED2-A8E3-A0676D5EAC09.jpg (790x1207, 172K)

Theory is actually handy as fuck.

I started playing last year and tried to understand the theory throughout and it just demystified everything so much compared to when I tried learning as a kid. Yeah you can start learning with just tabs and sound fine but you're massively limiting how much you can learn from them if you ignore theory, you aren't going to have much idea why this sounds good. And when it comes to trying to make your own music knowing what to do is just as indispensable as being able to play the notes.

>have no problems playing pieces I currently practice
>try to play one I practiced last week
>usually only on second try can play it on an alright level
How do I fix that because it's pissing me off

>imma buy an interface soon and make everything much cleaner sounding.
lmao this is going for more than a year
did you get a computer yet?

Anyone?

I think it's normal to need to refresh yourself a little before you can play something you haven't in a while and sound decent.

If it still sounds wrong after warming yourself up for it then maybe you're trying too hard to play. This is a problem I have a lot of the time, I usually just keep practising it until playing it feels natural and easy (relatively anyway).

It doesn't sound wrong after trying one or two times. The reason it worries me is that it would probably look really stupid if someone asked me to play something and id have to try at least once before.

Is the problem that you can't remember what you play or your hands aren't making the right movements?

If the latter maybe it'd be helpful to concentrate on what parts (or what kind of parts) you struggle with and then concentrate that motion down to a quick exercise you can do first to warm up.

Never read such nonsense in my life, enjoy your pentatonic box shapes

Usually more the latter, sometimes a finger slips but on the second try it usually works.

Then finger exercises and more practice is probably the way to go.

Also be aware that playing in front of people is 10x harder than playing on your own. It itself is almost like a separate skill you need to get used to or otherwise you will fuck up a lot and be embarrassed even if you can play the song flawlessly on your own.

Okay, but what if that stuff with fucking up the first attempt but having little problems afterwards usually only happens during my first or second hour of playing guitar in a day? It usually stops appearing so much afterwards.
I don't know how much time musicians usually use to "warm up" so to speak.

Like anything else you need to get yourself into the zone to play as well as you can. Like a sport, if you just start playing you might hurt yourself, you need to do stretches and warm ups first. One thing I do is literally do stretches for my hands, I push my fingers one at a time against my palms until they won't go any further backwards/forwards and generally just wiggle and roll them around. You should hear some cracking sounds and feel the stretch around your joints just as if you were stretching for a sport, because ultimately you are just loosening up your muscles to preform as well as they can.

>I don't know how much time musicians usually use to "warm up" so to speak.
You want to take as much time as you need, but that's not always going to be possible. That's why you want to have a collection of little exercises and warm ups you can do. It might look retarded to non-guitarists but that doesn't matter, it would look even more retarded if you just started playing and played badly.

Attached: preview (3).jpg (1200x1200, 93K)

As the world falls down

Yes stupid

Attached: 20190403_200115.jpg (4160x3120, 3.1M)

do you also live inside this computer?

once you have a guitar and like the pickup configuration and are comfortable with the body shape, is there really a reason to replace the whole thing as your preferences change?

why not just change the neck or electronics or fret wire? it's cheaper than a whole new guitar and will probably be better than most guitars you could buy for the depreciated value of your current one + price of upgrades.

Thanks

the memeboy is on its way. first real amp after 2 years with guitar rig.

Attached: Kata100-large.jpg (750x640, 89K)

How can I justify paying any significant amount of money for a guitar without SS frets?

you really don't

Troy Grady says a lot of words in his videos but doesn't actually say anything meaningful

It is actually kind of impressive I keep watching his videos hoping to pick something up but there is literally nothing to learn in his videos I dont understand how he pulls it off

Yes.

why??

Attached: Untitled.png (1261x518, 275K)

Dont get the american one if your a cheap ass. Mine looks the same as that was made in meh-he-co and aounds great.

That woodgrain looks so disgusting

instaud.io/3wbk
is this ok? the buzzing, especially on the G string, seems to be inconstant as the frets go, as in, one fret is quieter, then the buzz is louder, then quieter on the next one. i just got it back from a costy fret level and setup.

boomers will shell out truly sickening amounts of money for V I N T A G E T O N E despite it being functionally exactly the same as a $200 guitar

>costy
>20 brazilian reales
Lmfao

500 brl bro. half of my wage

kids don't remember when solid state gallen kruegers were the hottest stuff in late 80s

Attached: Gallien-Krueger 250RL Stereo.png (860x417, 450K)

also it's the price of an interface and you couldnt buy one in two fucking years saying you would buy one, so shut the fuck up

Attached: 1512953633066.jpg (870x522, 53K)

Based

Niggers cant into guitar

Lmfao i can buy one any day im still researching if i want thunderbolt 3 since my pc supports it. Go ahead look those up.

SHLORP SHLORP SHLORP BB King SHLORP SHLORP SHLORP SHLORP Tosin Abasi SHLORP SHLORP RL Burnside SHLORP SHLORP SHLORP SHLORP Freddie King SHLORP SHLORP SHLORP SHLORP SHLORP Greg Howe SHLORP SHLORP SHLORP SHLORP SHLORP 95% of all bassists SHLORP SHLORP Jimi Hendrix SHLORP SHLORP SHLORP Prince SHLORP SHLORP SHLORP SHLORP Robert Johnson SHLORP SHLORP SHLORP /gg/ is a diverse and inclusive community SHLORP SHLORP SHLORP SHLORP your mother takes big black cocks SHLORP SHLORP SHLORP

Attached: what-drinks-can-dogs-have-apart-from-water-56bb416f24b3a.jpg (1280x854, 137K)

Because SS frets are a meme and not necessary

>can only name one good black guitarist
>muh dik

Eat kaka and burp it like a kaka air freshener

Bassed.

Genuinely interested to hear which one you think is good

They're all better than anyone here.

exactly. I want to know which one stands out to user as being "the only good one"

Greg Howe

>Greg Howe

Attached: 1554503061201.gif (200x281, 2.24M)

parametric eq? more amps should have it today if they want to compete with digital amplification

cool youtu.be/7rNKuYuex1I

fuck yeah i can play and sing
instaud.io/3wc3

Just bought this big old thing today, I'm excited anons. Did I fuck up by not getting the stereo chorus version? I kinda like the 15" speaker, and it makes mic'ing it a lot easier.

Attached: 123876123876.jpg (1080x1920, 717K)

>actually buying a telecaster when tv is a dead medium

The entirety of the new Squier range is garbage
I missed the god damn Deluxe Stratocaster and now it's all ugly contemporary models
What the hell is going on at Fender

looks like a humbucker in a singlecoil slot, user.
real hs setups are shit though, just get coil taps.

No one gives a fuck about squier except degenerate peasants

try a newer charvel.

they make some good basses

eh, squiers are great for hot-rodding if you get one from a pawn shop for less than $50.

We've all heard of kakapicking and kakabrato, but what is beyond kaka techniques??

Peepee plucking

kakaeffects.
fuzz always tops that list.

fuzzy kaka makes my bum itchy

Tried one of the squier fretless basses and surprisingly liked it. The ibanez one twice the price i tried felt like shit compared to it honestly.
That can be said of any guitar under $50

I'm probably a retard, but I'm having a problem setting up unity gain with the first od pedal in my chain. Set it up by testing a chord, and the volumes match. Then I test a lead riff and the od is quieter than my clean. If I base it off the volume of the riff, than the od is louder on chords. How do I fix this

>any guitar under $50
nope.
hohner and the like are just shit.

lead is one string so it's less signal.
you need a separate channel, patch, or od for your leads.

I'd go with a compressor, should keep things consistent

are my pickups shite or good?
instaud.io/3wd6

they seem ok.

They're probably ok but you will never know how shit they are unless you buy real good pickups. Then its night and day

WHAT DAW SHOULD I BUY?

just get a free one.

Which one? The ones i found all have some type of watermark or limitation.

LMMS is a good free one, not that a knuckle-dragging troglodyte such as yourself would be able to make good use out of it

Attached: 1552080162273.jpg (910x277, 115K)

any one that comes with an interface lmao

what does that pic mean

it's from a very amusing discussion that happened on /gg/ not too long ago. I can't remember if jcum said this, but it definitely seems like something he'd say

Attached: 1552079649752.jpg (1592x54, 45K)

producelikeapro.com/blog/free-daws-best-available-2018/

maybe his new "computer" onboard soundcard cant reproduce below 100hz and past 10khz

Cakewalk

Why ever use anything but Reaper if you're not making gay 100% electronic music

personally I use fruity loops because you can sound design like a fucking god in it. but that's just me

But can reaper also make 100% gay electronic music?

if you're using an electric instrument, or electric equipment to record sound, you're making electronic music.
deep shit.

how is that useful when recording guitars drums and normal vocals?

you can record audio into fl studio.
they added that a long time ago, at least 10 versions ago.

Troy Grady is the Todd Howard of guitar.

Start new thread im about to make an improv jam

thats not what said. i asked how is fl's sound design resources useful for normal music.

what's with the flowbee haircut?

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 76K)

Why are you so lonely?

this sounds good doesnt it
instaud.io/3wes

oh.
well that's because all the effects built into fl studio are pretty solid and it accepts third-party vst's.
so you can do full production with it.

well reaper also has good compressor and eq, and works well with 3d party vsts.

drums need to be a bit louder.
the bass should be slightly, louder than the kick, but your muffles the kick.

im not doing a mix i'm just showing my bass

yeah, reaper is nice.
cakewalk by bandlab is nice as well.

the kick sounds loud and clear to me
instaud.io/3weG

give the kick a slight cut around 200 and boost it around 50.
>not doing a mix i'm just showing my bass
well then it was very nice.

God damnit R8 OR H8
vocaroo.com/i/s1ktsXCNwRtN

this fag ain't me FL allows you to create extremely comprehensive effects patches with a ridiculous amount of granularity in the controls.
for example, I could create an effects patch for a vocal track that splits into a chorus patch and a reverb patch. I could set the blend on the chorus to 25% for a subtle chorus and 95% on the reverb patch for a nearly completely wet reverb patch. I could also patch in a completely dry chain just to have an additional layer that would contribute to the overall clarity of the vocal track.
I could then proceed to create automation tracks for all three of these patches to adjust the levels of volume, panning, even different individual levels within the effects themselves, all in real time. This is all barely even scratching the surface of what you can accomplish through sound design. You can spend dozens of hours just tweaking a single track to absolute perfection, if you feel so inclined.

Attached: 1554150666268.jpg (587x960, 57K)

you should stream on twitch.

how do real musicians come up with vocal melodies? does it require being able to hum in key?

you can do this in almost every daw.

>vocal melodies
they play them on the instrument first.

well reaper has a wet/blend knob, and automation, too

yea lol

and how to come up with original chord changes

>original chord changes
use the same changes as everybody else but just use different inversions.

Why are they shit? Output difference?

doesnt sound like a good idea for making quality original music, even gene simmons can come up with his shit

i am unable to put my own thoughts into lyrics

they're pointless in the modern age.
>even gene simmons can come up with his shit
riding the a string for 3 bars and then hitting a few notes for the 4th bar is not very original.

Yeah, and you can make a dubstep track from scratch in Audacity too, if you can muster up the raw autism for it.
The point of paying for a DAW is that they're better designed than free ones. They expedite the process of production so that you don't have to agonize over every little thing.
The granularity of FL is what makes it so good for sound design. there are a half dozen ways to approach any given problem. The result of this is that you have a tremendous amount of control over virtually any parameter you can think of. You simply don't have this in Reaper.
Now get the fuck off my lawn.

Attached: 1551137554653.gif (480x238, 443K)

his guitar riffs are neat and he didnt make much of that basic bass playing besides the hair metal 80s albums, and his demos have some unique progressions. i can post some if youre interested

post an example of what i cant do in reaper that i can in FL. besides the native virtual samples and instruments ofc.

>they're pointless in the modern age.
So like the guitar as a whole?

that's not a proper response, user.
single coils are pointless because we have coil tap.

>post some
ok.

Nuh uh, I'm done with spoon-feeding you ingrates. If you want a little taste, check out FL's patcher. Otherwise, look it up yourself. Nobody held my hand when I was learning this shit.

Attached: Patcher.png (1251x662, 218K)

how entitled you are to think youre spoonfeeding me? were discussing daws, i dont even have fl installed.

>you're entitled!
>FEED ME YOU FUCK

Attached: 1541438769192.jpg (624x474, 26K)

>my daw is better, i just don't want to prove it

Attached: 1461022369936.jpg (672x527, 36K)

I like my DAW best. You can do whatever you want, but I'm not compiling a TOP 6 REASONS TO BUY(pirate) FL STUDIO! list for you, you unwashed plebian.

Attached: 1554419694123.gif (500x500, 477K)

im not interested in downloading that toylike interface daw thanks

we going for a 500 post thread today?
i'd make a thread but i don't have pics of anime girls for the op because anime is for lessers.