Who even comes close?

Attached: ringo.jpg (980x653, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=uEKfcIOyGaE
youtube.com/watch?v=W3Cj55-1RXc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what do you mean

was he really that bad?

He hitched himself to one of the greatest bands of all time as a supremely untalented drummer. I’m not exactly saying he dragged them down or had no merit but he could have easily been replaced early on

no ringo is a fine drummer, bill wyman is the luckiest fucker in music.

>supremely untalented
no

bill wyman is a good bassist

Haha literally who? Explain?

Was he a slightly-above-average drummer who, owing to his likeable character, got miraculously hitched to the greatest band with the biggest selling catalogue of all time?

he was as good on the drums as george was on guitar.

gimme some good wyman bass.

Completely incorrect

kurt cobain is the luckiest in history. he even killed himself because he never expected such a level of fame and fortune.

guigsy.

Nah, Ringo is based
Beatles wouldn't have been as big without his charm

m.youtube.com/watch?v=uEKfcIOyGaE

I would say John Lydon

listen to this album

Attached: london.jpg (500x500, 57K)

no, Ringo compliments John Paul and George's sounds perfectly. It's not the most complex drumming, but I couldnt think of anyone else drumming for the beatles.

I notice that most of the Ringo hate comes from casuals who know nothing about drumming and think prog metal wankery is the gold standard.

You don't even listen to the Beatles do you? If you think Ringo is an untalented drummer after listening to Rain or I Am The Walrus you are fucking nuts.

Attached: ringo.jpg (800x600, 99K)

I’m not saying he had a negative impact, I think the inclusion of his more amateurish style keeps them from sounding to polished but he was certainly unskilled

I've yet to meet an actual drummer who thinks Ringo was untalented. I don't know any lucky musicians, but I know.some very unlucky ones come to minds like Nick Drake.

>amateurish style
>certainly unskilled
ok, we all understand that you're a pleb. you can stop posting now.

I don't get why people think this. They dropped Pete Best for Ringo BECAUSE Ringo was more talented and had already made somewhat of a name for himself. He was a huge step up for them at that time.

It wasn't until later on around the time of the White Album that he had a bit of trouble playing certain things and Paul would jump in and play instead which then led to John making that joke that Ringo wasn't even the best drummer in The Beatles. But overall he was fine.

yoko ono, she dodged a bullet

>certainly unskilled
The qualifications for what made a good "rock" drummer changed drastically between 1960 and 1975. In the early 60s Ringo was exactly what a young Rock and Roll band would have wanted. By the early 70s things changed quite a bit. Drummers like Keith Moon helped to popularize being overly flashy and drummers like Ginger Baker brought a lot of Jazz sensibilities into the Rock music world. Ring was not, and never tried to be a Jazz drummer. He was not going to play crazy fills or do solos and had no reason to.

ringo is great besides his messed up technique, and even then it manifests itself in cool ways because fundamentally he's so good
peter criss is a much better example, that guy was a childish 30 year old fuck up who managed to blag it into a massive enterprise and dig his heels in long after they outgrew him. by the end he was deliberately messing up shows out of spite

>which then led to John making that joke that Ringo wasn't even the best drummer in The Beatles

John actually never said that.

Ringo was the only one of them who could read sheet music and was left handed playing a standard way. Also, most rock drummers will tell you that Ringo's way of playing is rather difficult to emulate due to its unique style. He was in the band cause he had talent and a unique sound. Not luck.

i know, it was ringo who said it

this but unironically

Guigsy was just in the band to get stoned and talk about football

>Shitting on Ringo

Neck yourself my man.

youtube.com/watch?v=W3Cj55-1RXc

Very ignorant