How familiar are you with music notation?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musical_notation

Attached: music-notation.jpg (1024x1024, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/psllbof
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Are you implying that that are people on Yea Forums RIGHT NOW who can't read music?

I know theory, but can't read standard notation lmao.

Attached: 4zCaHfc.png (281x326, 171K)

I made the mistake of unironically studying at conservatory, so quite a bit, with multiple forms of it even.

Extremely familiar.

I can read drum charts poorly and that's about it

Very
Do you mean you understand the concepts on your own instrument?

>Do you mean you understand the concepts on your own instrument?
Yeah. I understand the concepts of keys, modes, note values, etc. But if you put any of that on a staff, I'll be lost.

Yeah, I played bass way before I learned to read music and understood a lot of theory but couldn't sight-read for my life. It transfers pretty easily once notation becomes familiar though.

I can muddle my way through a basic stave and figure out what I'm meant to be playing, but it takes a while and I'm not at all fluent

when i used to play sax yeah. but now not that much

At what point did it become familiar for you? There's this garage sale near me that has this old out-of-tune piano of sale for like $50 and I've been wanting to pick it up. I hate being bad at something, but I feel like being able to read standard notation is a must for piano playing.

Good but sight reading is nearly impossible for me. I still have to pause for Ledger lines.

I was in the music classes in high school and to be a part of the orchestra (which played music for musicals and all kinds of events), I had to know how to read music. So I learned how it worked and mainly practiced it playing in the orchestra. Got pretty good in a mere few months and have played music professionally after that. I highly recommend you go for it, it seems like a pain in the ass to learn at first but you'll always be grateful you did.

Very. I've composed many pieces and had them played by professional orchestras and ensembles. I've even written a symphony (pic related - a few pages)
soundcloud.com/psllbof

My sight reading is mediocre at best tho.

Attached: Symphony.png (1499x950, 206K)

Eradicate thineself Poly, thou fornicating homosexual

I doth fornicate, but nixst with mine same sex

Attached: Sick Rose Score.png (728x899, 98K)

Dem collisions tho.

If you give me a score I can figure it out at some point. I can write a score. I cannot sight read at all.

teaching myself to read grand staff, can read treble easily but two at once is trickier.

i like your fugue in F minor

I was a music major in college and about to go to grad school for music so very familiar. Still unemployed though

Bach's handwriting was a little shitty.

I would change the trill marking in the cymbal to a 9 stroke roll or something. It will probably be performed better if they read it as a specific rudiment.