He calls himself a songwriter when all he knows how to write are character/story driven songs

>he calls himself a songwriter when all he knows how to write are character/story driven songs

Attached: 1510072394919.jpg (470x470, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

confidenthitmakers.bandcamp.com/track/weeknight-leisure
soundcloud.com/the-ding-jun-doorways/doorway-12-spring
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Lyrics are the least important thing to me, as long as they don't sound totally gay I think you're ok, if you care about lyrics you're probably one of those fags who plays a acoustic guitar

story driven songs are the best tho.

on point, mostly.

it's often hard to make lyrics sound not totally shitty

>i can't write good lyrics so they don't matter
ol brainlets.

But good lyrics can make a mediocre melody great.

nope. i can write good lyrics for shure.

post lyrics

if you don't care about lyrics, then you're not much of a songwriter (and probably a dumb person with nothing of value to say)

nah I think you're actually a fag

you'd have to have a naturally good ear for creating lyrics that would phonetically blend well with whatever rhythms & melodies that you're using though, which is something not every songwriter has

i don't care, you're stupid and probably make shit music

post music

listen to this guy:

>precisely

you first, OP

confidenthitmakers.bandcamp.com/track/weeknight-leisure

knock yourself out amigo

see, the problem i have when people say lyrics don't matter is that i think they're projecting. they're insecure about their writing so they want to convince themselves and others that lyrics are arbitrary. but when i listen i get the sense that you actually do care about your lyrics

no you can't.

soundcloud.com/the-ding-jun-doorways/doorway-12-spring

im so hot shyt

no this guy does care, he is OP. it's pretty good stuff

i'd also say just for further feedback that i think the instrumentation and production is nice, but i got a pretty strong mac demarco vibe, which is cool, but my advice would be to make sure to grasp onto something uniquely yourself so as to separate yourself from him and artists like him. it's all right though, and i'll give you my "user's bump of approval" with an added "keep it up"

>yes i can btw

that track just kind of turned out that way, i don't think there's any others that sound like Mac

cool i'll listen to some more