What happened to /prod/?

Haven't seen a /prod/ general in awhile? What kind of fuckery are these Jannies up to?

Attached: rs-5708-rectangle.jpg (1200x630, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/dhd5bnk2
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=irb5iqO8MzI
clyp.it/rrbe20y5
clyp.it/1nbpfgd0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

there was one yesterday

everybody gave up.

We don’t produce music, we are music

I think I made /prod/ self implode from annoying everybody so much

Yea Forums is full of garbage threads which pushes the useful threads far down on the catalog
probably better to just go to forums dedicated to music production

you didn't annoy me

then you must've not been around enough because I am objectively and intrinsically annoying even when I was in like 7th grade I a girl I was talking to wrote my name on her ass only for her to block me a day or two later because I was "annoying"

I've got a Windows 7 machine.

What's the best midi controller and daw to get an 11 year old started?

Attached: IMG_20160317_194818550.jpg (4320x2432, 1.27M)

>being an 11 year old

I volunteer mentoring kids. He shows an aptitude for music.

fl studio

Yeah yeah I figured it was something like that I was just shitposting but seriously listen to me don't listen to this guy: Get him Ableton Live and for a MIDI controller the Akai MPK Mini MK2

I use FL Studio and its by far the easiest DAW to use/learn but someone in a /prod/ thread a while back says FL Studio cripples you and they're completely right.

FL Studio has cool perks but shit workflow and if you start with its gonna fuck you up. An 11 year old should be smart enough to learn Ableton and it'll pay off better in the long run.

Are you serious about a kid learning Ableton?

The launchpads come with Ableton lite

>Are you serious about a kid learning Ableton?
Yeah. He's 11, not 6, he could totally do it.

talking about how everybody thinks you're annoying is annoying, fuck off

>Are you serious about a kid learning Ableton?
A lot of people start early, that's literally how people end up amazing by like fucking 20

I use Ableton, so it would be really cool if he could bring his launchpad over and we could hit the ground running.

That being said, I use Ableton and a push and I still have a shit workflow.

But I guess if I'm just trying to get him to load samples and play around or even get a loop going, it might work.

epic

yeah if he already has Lite cause of his Launchpad or whatever you should definitely give it a try. I'm struggling to learn Ableton right now, just making a 2 bar loop in there last night yielded better more satisfying results to me than whole songs in FL which is why I say the workflow is better but I don't know how you do it.

He doesn't have shit right now. I've got an old laptop I'm going to put windows on.

From there, I have to decide if I want to buy a launchpad mini for "myself" and let him "borrow" it or pursue other options.

well good luck and godspeed user
I wish him the best

i think kids would do well with session view style working. they don't have that same 'i need to make a real song' thing hanging over them. generally they're more stoked on the novelty of noise-making, no obsession with outcome.

Thanks, user

I think that's a good point

Give them a Buchla so they can be high IQ

Attached: buchla200e.jpg (577x400, 85K)

Honestly, Rebirth or Reason may be a fun one for a kid to play with. Lots of simple knobs to play with.

Attached: rb338.jpg (460x395, 59K)

dude people need to start marketing some less brainy + cheap modular stuff to kids. colors, flashing lights, wacky sounds. they'd eat that ish up. and the prodigy among them may claim the throne from AFX someday.

At the very least you could put them on someone elses patch on VCV rack and they can just turn knobs. That's what most people do anyway, lol. VCV rack is free btw.

Attached: vcv.jpg (1280x720, 384K)

clyp.it/dhd5bnk2

any feedback?

Attached: 2020vision.png (1023x790, 792K)

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=irb5iqO8MzI

I'd heavily recommend Reason from a fun and engaging perspective, the knobs and visuals really boost it's entertainment value vs other more streamlined DAWs, although it definitely has the negative that you'd have to buy a licence.
The next version of it (10.3 I think) is supposed to heavily address the VST performance issues that have troubled it in the past, and boost overall performance considerably.
Other downside is a (comparative) lack of online tutorials, vs say FL which has literal tons of bedroom producers with youtube channels.

Attached: big smug suit reason frog.jpg (1000x1000, 121K)

>trap beats in 2019

so there’s like 3 people on Yea Forums interested in supercollider, csound, etc and digital audio synthesis, right?

not sure where to shitpost about this stuff

More or less yeah.
Try making a "Music/Audio Technology Thread" on /g/. There surely are people into that there (we even used to have DAW threads that were like /prod/ but without the feedback and trap producers).

clyp.it/rrbe20y5
clyp.it/1nbpfgd0

tried to apply the what I learned using Ableton to FL Studio

Attached: cown.jpg (1088x592, 85K)

pretty chill, not bad

thank you user