What do I even do with this? My sister gave it to me and I'm not even sure if it's working or making a difference...

What do I even do with this? My sister gave it to me and I'm not even sure if it's working or making a difference. I hooked up speakers to it and don't notice a difference. I don't even know what the dials and switches and buttons do.

Attached: scarlett-solo-hero-806-330.png (806x330, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

smile.amazon.com/Yamaha-Mixer-Bundle-Cables-Polishing/dp/B0711M2VRR/
amazon.com/Yamaha-AG03-3-Channel-Mixer-Microphone/dp/B00TY8JE60
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nigga you record with it. It's a soundcard that interfaces with recording programs.

oooh. I don't have a fancy microphone though and I don't stream or do record music.

if you have a synth you can run VST effects through it, if it has MIDI you can run DAW piano-roll through it.

Is this bait?

Not OP but why do you need a soundcard like this when you have one in your PC and a line in?

yes

Quality and latency

>What do I even do with this?
good music.

dunno, i have a soundcard but the lattency's just fucked to the point i have to record playing acoustically

Then it's kinda useless, if you don't have an XLR microphone. I guess you could still use it as a physical external volume knob to control the sound on your system.

But desu this model is pretty shit. It lacks a dedicated knob for controlling the volume on your headphones separately from your speakers. And it only have RCA outputs, no balanced outputs.

So there's a reason why this is an entry level model. It's quite basic. People buy it because it's red and it looks good, lol.

Also its drivers have noticeable latency on mic input, which is annoying.

I had this model and I returned it and got a Yamaha mixer/interface combo. Best decision I made that year.

even if you dont record music, music sounds noticeably better when i use the headphone jack on my scarlett as opposed to using my PCs soundcard, can turn it up louder too. i actually have to physically unplug my scarlett off my other PC when i listen to music on my shitposting pc because it sounds so much better

I have and use this exact interface and its pretty garbage. Mic clips in and out and the damn port has a short in it.

Attached: 52944329_131567207894751_6720169125701746688_n.jpg (960x960, 74K)

this?

smile.amazon.com/Yamaha-Mixer-Bundle-Cables-Polishing/dp/B0711M2VRR/

That's exactly how I wanted mine to look like, but sadly that model is only an analog mixer, it has no interface.

So, I had to buy this one in pic related. It's one of the best things I ever bought. So useful and with so many features. Too bad it's white, that's the only thing I don't like about it. But I'm using it everyday for managing all the sound on my system (headphones, microphone, speakers). It's an amazing product for about 150 euros / bucks. I can apply an EQ filter on the mic directly on the hardware, even a reverb effect. Pretty cool.

If they made this model in black and blue, I think I'd buy it again, lol. The colour is the only complaint I have about it.

Attached: ag03-rev-2.jpg (1200x1002, 147K)

oh not bad
amazon.com/Yamaha-AG03-3-Channel-Mixer-Microphone/dp/B00TY8JE60

That's why you get the nice interface with the ASIO drivers.

POST SISTER

its not a sound card, its an audio interface.

If you don't make music and aren't interested in making music (or sound fx) - its probably a complete waste of money for you to have it.

a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 typically sells for $99

If you aren't using the line in, the only knob that will matter to you is the volume knob.

Oh. no wonder my sister gave me this then. Her's looks so much better.

yeah. My sister gave me this since she got a better one. Maybe I can sell it or something.

scarlett 2i2 is great. could not be happier using it. i could be wrong, but it's basically what you have but with two xlr ports.

anyway, 2i2 ftw

what's the point of a headphone amp if you have an audio interface/mixer?

Some people claim their super-expensive headphones have such an impedance that it needs special amplification that the basic amplifier in an interface couldn't provide.

Attached: IMG_1948.jpg (594x1180, 98K)