Friendly reminder that KC fans are not real prog fans

That's why it's the one prog band that was accepted by the critic faggot class - it's deliberately ugly and plays to the edgy-pseud sensibilities of the English major art critic class. What critics hate about prog is that it takes beauty and earnest positive values seriously. This is why Yes and Rush are so incredibly hated by critics to this day. KC is the edgy Francophile continentalist faggot prog band for hipsters who are too cool to like positive music about wizards and transcending to the 5th dimension.

Attached: kingcrimson_red.jpg (320x320, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zZanU1ZaN6k
youtube.com/watch?v=mNn78K8D7NU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

"Progressive Rock" is not a real genre. Prove me wrong.

I really hope you’re only pretending to be retarded.

Are you a fucking idiot or are you mad KC isn’t as psychedelic and lighthearted as Yes and Caravan?

Its a style of rock.

or maybe they realized that positive music was perfected and thus ended after the romantic era did, and don't need some hacks reviving that. Also the reason Rush is hated is because they're terrible musicians and songwriters, and never were really prog

I bet your dad is also your uncle

Rush stand somewhat apart because their peak occurred after the main heyday of prog had passed. They came along in the mid-70s when most prog bands were beginning to run out of gas and punk was just around the corner.

>it's deliberately ugly and plays to the edgy-pseud
>t. pseud
youtube.com/watch?v=zZanU1ZaN6k
youtube.com/watch?v=mNn78K8D7NU

Yes were never very good though.

kc is based for escaping buttprog

OP is just a seething anglo who doesn't realize the only english prog bands of any worth are KC, VDGG and Henry Cow (and perhaps one and a half Gentle Giant album)

>Casually ignores Soft Machine, National Health, Gong and Jethro Tull
Heh..

KC was far more musically complex than yes and rush, shit tier bait fag

Attached: d0bj84jida721.png (342x506, 109K)

of course I would ignore those in a list of good angloprog bands

Then you must have a really hard time understanding what are good angloprog bands really are, don't you reply to me ever again

says the guy who likes jethro tull of all things
might as well have listed Marillion too

This.

>I base my music taste on what critics think

Attached: 1552244894888.jpg (375x500, 134K)

>he talks about the "fans"
>he cares about "fanbases"
stop being a faggot

Especially not when they give Soulja Boy As.

Art Bears?

There was something fun about the jazz gig guys saying fuck it, and trying their hand at rocking and rolling and therein lies the critical appeal In the Court of the Crimson King has. In 2019, King Crimson is neither here nor there except for a handful of happy accidents. It's one of those things that I'm a little charmed when I see a teenager listening to King Crimson, but there needs to come a time to move on to more subtle things.

Was grouping Art Bears, News From Babel et al with Henry Cow desu

Either you get the 'otherness' of classic KC or you don't. YES saw their early shows and realized they had considerable work to do to catch up.

The only other band that had same flavour of White Magic over the long term was Killing Joke.

>mfw most of the new KC fanbase came from a dull laotian comic about homosexuals

Attached: JUST.jpg (290x317, 55K)

>both a crimson and killing joke fan
pretty based

same can be said of yes though

>There was something fun about the jazz gig guys saying fuck it, and trying their hand at rocking and rolling and therein lies the critical appeal In the Court of the Crimson King has
That would also apply to Steely Dan more or less.