Why do retards think he is the best guitarist ever?

Why do retards think he is the best guitarist ever?

Attached: 2222_jimi_hendrix_min.jpg (840x970, 128K)

The no bullshit way that he played. He wasn't running through a massive pedalboard, he just played guitar incredibly well.

Nobody was running through a massive pedalboard in the 60's

That's why his sound is so impressive. Also he was one of the first to use distortion when most were trying to get rid of it.

Please stop making bad threads.

>Also he was one of the first to use distortion when most were trying to get rid of it.
That isn't true though. Bands like the Stones were already using commercial fuzz pedals a few years before Hendrix. Distortion/fuzz was already in the mainstream. You're thinking like 10 years too late

To be a great guitarist, a balance needs to be struck between style and substance. There was nothing pre-determined about the way Jimi played guitar, it was a man becoming one with his instrument, and every song he played dripped with human emotion. He stood out from his contemporaries by playing with such reckless abandon and inimitable fire. There will never be another Jimi Hendrix.

He was really good, played in flashy way and a pretty chill dude.

Who else played with their teeth?

Satriani

I'm gonna stop you right there

Attached: guthrie.jpg (800x466, 302K)

Marty Robbins was one of the first to use it commercially successful. Don't worry has a pretty gritty riff from a wiring accident that was eventually made into the first fuzz pedal, back in 1961 I believe.

Because they've never actually played the guitar or they've never ventured outside of dadrock genres that have guitar focused music

Hendrix is a good rock guitarist though.

Attached: Around_03PM_on_a_Tuesday_4ys.png (382x364, 15K)

Magazines and 'critics' like to think that the 'best' and most popular acts of the 60's were the "greatest ever" of all time. What's the best band of all time? The Beatles. Whats the best album of all time? Some album from the 60's most likely Sgt. Pepper. Who's the best Guitarist of all time? Hendrix because he's from the 60's. Fuck the 60's.

Name an alternative.

based

T-Bone Walker, who inspired Jimi to do it

>No Stevie Ray Vaughan or Rory Gallagher in the top 10.

That was 3 years after Link Wray's Rumble. Wray used to punch holes in his amp with a pencil to get the distortion sound as far back as the early 50's.

He's the most important bit not the best.

Ribot is absolutely based. What does Quine do other than play tasteless cock rock solos on mediocre Lou Reed solo albums?

*but

Because he is

Jimmy's a better songwriter than he is a guitarist desu, Hey Joe and 1983 are kino

Kek.

because they can't say he was the best vocalist

There's no "best" of all time, that mindset is limiting and poisonous to music. There's a lot of good rock music being made even right now but there's a group of people who have a boomer mindset that think hail the 60's and maybe the 70's were the "best" decade(s) of music and everything beyond that is "bad" or something. This is one reason why shit-hop remains fresh and relevant because there's no best rapper of all time, that title constantly changes in every decade; compare that to rock music where people are still calling the Beatles the "best" band of all time and I like the Beatles sans the lame psychedelic shit they did later.

*blocks your path*

Attached: 180817-Tony_Iommi_LIve_1970s.jpg (620x413, 38K)

Jimi Hendrix was based but his fame mostly came from the fact that most people were discovering psychedelics around the time he was making Wah-Wah pedals popular.
that in conjunction with tuning his guitar to E flat and playing blues music with a lot of feedback was very enjoyable at the time.

so basically
>everybody on LSD
>don't know shit about guitars or music
>hear a black guy playing blues guitar making a WA WA WOO widdly WOO sound
>amps very loud and distorted
DUDE.

cringe

I've never personally been a fan of his music but I've found that there's not many guitarist worth a shit who wouldn't consider him a PRIMARY influence. And that includes people well outside the world of standard rock guitar like Robert Fripp, Marc Robot, Sonny Sharrock, Glenn Branca, etc. The influence he had on Miles' early electric period and early jazz fusion in general is immeasurable. The entire sound of soul / funk changed to incorporate his psychedelic distorted lead style from Motown to Funkadelic.

John McLaughlin said something like Hendrix did for guitar what Coltrane did for saxophone which is an insane compliment for a player like McLaughlin to give to a blues / rock player.

*still listening to same records he was listening to as a teen*
cringe

>doesn't even use green text for a story telling element
go back to redd*t

He had a nice touch on the strings and his music doesn't go out of its own way so it's really accessible. Jimi Hendrix made his talents very available, whatever their limitations may have been.

Who else can play guitar with their ballsack?

I don't have to do that.
>"redd*t"
>not r*ddit
>not l+ddit
>not plebbit
That's probably the first time I've seen one type r*ddit like that before, see, I can call you a poser too, fool.

I think he found a perfect balance between rhythm and lead playing. He could interchange between both of those flawlessly, or do them at the same time. That plus his whole aesthetic and wild use of distortion, feedback and other weird sounds (Machine Gun comes to mind).

>Ribot AND Haino in the top ten
How can one man have such legendary taste

Wow I'm glad you picked up on a irrelevant spelling mistake of a word only designed to avoid spam filters. That doesn't equate to you not using a mechanic of the website rather than shitty RP asterisks.
Also, your post was shitty because the idea that the title of best constantly changes is retarded. Just because something is new that does not make it better than the stuff that came before.

Someone redpill me on Keith Richards, I can't see what's so special about his playing. Is it the open tunnings?

No one played remotely like him before him.
Freak of nature.
He literally fucked with his guitar and amps just to get that noisey sound. People nowadays wouldn't day touch their products like that.

Oh and the licks he just made on the spot like it was fucking nothing.

Not reading all that shit. You're taking stuff too seriously, fuck.

>excuse me while I kiss this guy
huh, what did he mean?

my man

Attached: Tony-Iommi-photo-2-e1447711408834.jpg (533x300, 22K)