Music theory

>music theory

Attached: 5B950FAD-05BB-4EFC-B175-6ECFF8AC2C9D.jpg (306x350, 25K)

Heh, I guess everyone who likes music theory is now associated with the guy in your picture. Nice one

music theory has what to do with cookie crisps?

Heh. Look at the schnoz on that guy!

what is reddit/onions/cookie crisp about music theory?

B-b-but how will I know what key to play in at the open mic blues jam without muh music theory???

What does this friendly-looking guy have to with music theory?

unf, would throat fuck him so hard

man, that guy seems really excited about that cereal
I wish I could get excited easily like him

So can someone briefly explain what music theory is? it seems totally pointless to me if everyone enjoys music differently

It’s for people with zero natural talent to feel smug about correctly resolving a second inversion polytonal whole-half mixolydian diminshed flat 5 add 9 chord in their shitty Sibelius MIDI render

Attached: 059FC6C4-B015-469B-80D9-26E67E5B4963.jpg (480x360, 16K)

Music theory is the theory of music, you fuckin moran

>natural talent
folks he actually thinks this

>muh 10000 hours
kys

>I wish I could get excited easily like him
i guess your mums genes didnt pass through loool

it's building blocks. Some people use them to build shit other people do pretty good

retards who bitch about music theory are always so fucking clueless about it. every time someone says "theory kills your creativity" they out themselves as an insufferable fucking brainlet who just couldn't hack it

>t. sour grapes retarf

I thought the same way most of my life, but then I learned that the different music theories we use today are not meant as guidlines for how to make music. They were created long after the classical pieces we analyze with it were composed. Mozart and Beethoven didn't use the music theory we use today, people looked at how their works were built and wrote down a ruleset. Nobody has to use music theory today, it just helps to make the music sound more like the stuff we are already used to.

Theory fags are way more insufferable. I bet you can’t even solo over “Giant Steps” without a fake book and muh chord scale theory

Playing in Key, Scales, Chords, Everything.
You know the things that might be useful if you play an instrument.

It's literally describing music, anything really. So if you think talking in an understandable language about music is pointless then you can't really call yourself more than surface level enthusiast of music.

Attached: music theory.png (800x445, 42K)

>natural talent
>talent

Attached: 1535588159173.png (284x529, 56K)

And let me emphasise that if you fall for the whole "theory bad" meme, then you will literally come to the same conclusions/reinvent the wheel via trial and error which will take a considerably longer time. The only time theory "kills" creativity is when you learn the major and minor chords and a few scales for the first time and think you're the shit when in reality you're not even at one percent yet; you've barely started and then suddenly you're shocked when you're still shit at music and you get angry at music theory or something.

why don't you read Coltrane's notes sometime? they're all over the internet. if you really think he just picked up a sax one day and became a legend by winging it? like it said, fucking clueless.

>what do you mean music theory is useful? I prefer to play with my soul instead of playing by the rules

Attached: cd7.png (630x384, 190K)

absolutely and wholeheartedly this