Best grunge album?

Best grunge album?
Why is it Dirt by Alice in Chains?

Attached: Dirt_(Alice_in_Chains_album_-_cover_art).jpg (316x316, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/50-greatest-grunge-albums-798851/alice-in-chains-dirt-798889/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because it actually is.

That's not grunge, just metal from Seattle

This is grunge

Attached: 220px-Screaming_Trees_Sweet_Oblivion.jpg (220x220, 23K)

isn't this the answer we come to every time? Besides I think In Utero is a more inspired use of noise rock, metal and guitar rock coming together. Jar of flies is also probably better than dirt, and Mad season is probably better than Dirt as well

Attached: Layne-Staley.jpg (1080x720, 198K)

this

>metal > grunge

I agree.

YOU KNOW HE AIN'T GONNA DIE

*blocks your path*

Attached: 2ecef56d4262169e320136cb102c114c.797x800x1.jpg (797x800, 171K)

It's bricks are heavy by L7 Steve Albini produced it so I'm surprised there isn't that much of a circle jerk on this album by Yea Forums

wrong pic, user

Attached: 600x600bf.png (600x600, 439K)

ranking the big four's best albums:

Superunknown > AiC Unplugged> Dirt > Unplugged in NY > Dog > In Utero > Nevermind > Badmotorfinger > Vs. > 10

Alice in Chains is DoomerKino for Doomer faggots like me. I listen to that shit every day while feeling depressed.

>it's another "rolling stone finding a way to include neil young and the stooges in every list" episode
rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/50-greatest-grunge-albums-798851/alice-in-chains-dirt-798889/
>hole that high

It was Butch Vig who produced it.

based

Alice In Chains started as a glam metal band. Just posting this to piss in your faces, grunge fags.

Attached: Alice_N'_Chains.jpg (220x217, 25K)

who would actually get pissed at that? i mean, have you ever listened to facelift? it's all groove and glam

>formerly sleze

Attached: sneed.jpg (1024x847, 310K)

Well, it's actually Facelift... but at least you got the band right.

Attached: 7363C710-AC81-4B33-8A44-C49067F44B6E.jpg (355x355, 31K)

You watched that top 10 Grunge albums video, huh.

and Nirvana is just punk from Seattle. Grunge wasnt about a "sound" so much as it as about an era and location and feel. AIC has a similar feel to Nirvana even if its different. Just like Pearl Jam and Soundgarden sound totally different. Listen to "What the Hell Have I", Heaven Beside You, Over Now, etc and tell me those dont sound like Nirvana riffs and melodies. AiC is grunge, and yes, they were more of the "metal" band out of the grunge lot.

Clown of the day

>I know user is right and I dont have a real response so I'll just make a retarded insult instead!

Stop fooling yourself user

Attached: In_Utero_(Nirvana)_album_cover.jpg (300x296, 22K)

AM I WROOONG?

Attached: 1554138305627.jpg (1165x752, 81K)

>In Utero better than anything Alice did
>Mad season is probably better than Dirt as well
Fucking end yourself, fuck. I'm legitimately annoyed at your shitty opinion

Lmfao. Nirvana has never written a good song dude. Alice In Chains is superior in every way, their biggest flops > Nirvanas greatest hits

Attached: aliceinchains.jpg (425x319, 22K)

this

That's the best part of AiC, it wasn't typical Gen X angst or copycatery, the depression was organic. Listening to their Layne albums and EPs start to finish in release is an experience unlike anything else the grunge world has to offer.

like this post and get a qt girlfriend this year

Attached: 1520900801452.jpg (1080x1077, 120K)

Friendly reminder that grunge is overrated. There were more interesting things going on in the 90s like post hardcore and death metal. With that being said I do like a lot.

>my favorite AiC album came out the day I was born

Attached: 1463974697322.jpg (694x530, 68K)

Nothing is interesting about post hardcore or death metal.

Pic related is a great 90s album though, fuck grunge and fuck you bitch.

Attached: skidrowslave.jpg (592x581, 159K)

>Nothing is interesting about post hardcore or death metal
>posts glam

even tho the s/t is more sludge than grunge it is better

Attached: Alice_in_Chains_(album).jpg (300x300, 46K)

it also has the top5 best album covers ever

Does anyone else pronounce grunge as "groon gay"?

I came to the conclusion that if Dirt have had tripod's production, it would probably be my favorite.

grunge was all about the image, sonically you could split the bands into post-hardcore, noise rock, alternative rock and alternative metal. Power Pop in STP's case.

I pronounce it as " groong-eh"

cumge