Someone explain me the joy division t shirt meme

i actually like this shirt, i might buy it

what is funny about that

Attached: 911o89uG3EL._UL1500_.jpg (1431x1500, 292K)

up

I've genuinely never seen one of these shirts in person but I've seen countless Nirvana shirts

this shirt kick ass

The meme is that the shirt is so popular that most people recognize it but have never heard of the band. Like Metallica shirts or ACDC, a lot of people who own the shirt haven't heard the music.

Attached: 20190331_223827.png (500x391, 124K)

ohh i see

so it kinda suck if u really like the band and u wanna buy the shirt

Just get a Closer shirt, it's the better album anyways

oh yeah why not

(UP > Closer tho)

If you like the band you should just quietly and privately like them

no, i need to show the world that im a music hipter because of my inferiority complex

Then listen to better music, new order is way better

>tfw my favorite band doesn't have any official merch

Attached: IMG_20190126_181758.jpg (434x532, 25K)

Popular hipster girl shirt a while ago

joy division is normiecore

Its worn by posers, mainly women who’ve never heard the album, let alone any postpunk album. They’re wearing it for the aesthetic and credibility. It’s usually worn by girls who think they’re “indie” because they listen to Arctic Monkeys or The Growlers or some shit like that

this will do the trick to my dumb friends

Arthoe core

I’ve never see another person wear this shirt besides me, I think you guys are lying about the shirts popularity or that it’s been so long since it’s popularity that it’s fallen back into obscurity

I have seen the shirt in 1/3 of every Target and Walmart I've been to

I wish I saw this shitr i in wata,,,,2/;jphhhhhhhhhhhhf

people always project this, but out of the 3 people I've met who own the shirt 2 of them genuinely loved JD. the other guy was at a club and too wasted to talk to properly but he seemed to know the album as well.

Lol i like your thinking

what the fuck do i need to call 911??? HOLY SHIT HES GONNA DIE GUYS SOMEONE HELP AAAAAAAAA

Only saw it once on a middle aged bald guy in the walmart I used to work at.