stringtensionpro.com/
>Music theory:
musictheory.net/lessons
>Guitar Maintenance and other information:
frudua.com/guitar_craftpedia_en.html
youtube.com/channel/UCXU3GYv5qEzuPePqXOJBgXw
>Why is my guitar buzzing?
frets.com/FretsPages/Luthier/Technique/Setup/BuzzDiagnosis/buzzlist.html
>Large repository of tabs, books and other resources related to playing and theory:
mega.nz/#F!v2oQgKhB!5nEaeUD8xxQYO8ipUoViqw

Previous thread:

Attached: llobet.jpg (900x900, 168K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u-QzJxVXb8k
instaud.io/3uH0
instaud.io/3uGX
youtu.be/D7XrVgM5E6Y
youtu.be/edVbz_uXJd0
youtu.be/id2dkxLh_KY
vocaroo.com/i/s0BkpHDfeImk
youtu.be/yn6iVpsxAKc
youtu.be/FQRKY-lGXyc
youtube.com/watch?v=z6JxIOd7lKg
vocaroo.com/i/s0kXzPV2RNNO
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is the Boss Katana a meme?

see

Why won't he do it, bros?

Attached: sketch-1553970592317.png (1080x1777, 1.96M)

Try it out, if you like it, its fine. I don't like it personally but you might.

Get a line 6 vetta 2 instead

Kaka :3

Is 50$ for a Fender Mustang I v2 a good price?

$50 is a good price for any guitar that isn't falling apart/a toy

Its a 20w combo amp

I have him filtered what is this all about?

Does anyone have that singer songwritẻr chart talks about sad kéý and chỏrd progressions

I wanna make funny generic song.

I wanna give my worn telecaster a Blue Frankenstrat paint job or something similar. Is there any other interested or unique patterns I can do?

Mustangs are terrible amps get a blackstar Id core 10 it's a little more costly but it sounds great for a practice amp

he'll go to ridiculous lengths to avoid saying jcum, even though that's what everyone calls him
it's so bizarre

Got the mini and gets the job done. I like it

Swirl paint job

youtube.com/watch?v=u-QzJxVXb8k

So a name actually bothers him? Why?

no fucking idea

>when you keep fucking up a pull off because the string gets caught on your callus

Attached: 1428327981081.gif (161x183, 184K)

That is a strange reaction. Why in the world would the name jcum bother anybody? The word cum bothers him I guess? Might he have been molested as a child or something?

based on the way he acts, that's as likely an explanation as any

If I remember correctly he freaked out about the whole absentee father thing a few months back to didn't he? There seems to be a pattern emerging if you think about it. Poor kid.

He's Mexican remember??.
Maybe he tried to get smuggled into America and his father got killed by the smugglers, then got butt fucked by them, that would explain why absent dad and cum bother him

Attached: C10E6277-39B2-41FE-83C3-1D96FEB398C1.png (1729x1527, 2.61M)

Maybe he became incontinent as a result of the smugglers taking turns on him, that's why he hates kakaposting

>rent free

The horror.

Dude what if they did some permanent damage to his lower intestines/anus where he has some sort of lifelong medical issue and that's why he has no money? The Deans make perfect sense then.

No, it's a fine amp

would explain the drug abuse desu

so a fatherless drug addicted sexually abused beanner somehow manages to make positive advances in his musical ability and that bothers you in what way?

He continues the cycle of abuse and neglect with his own wife and child

Attached: 1553880214564.jpg (649x656, 57K)

>tfw been playing guitar for like 3 weeks and can't get more than 30 chord changes in a minute

i'm worried i may have a genuine mental disability

Attached: download.png (403x448, 53K)

>wife and child
I forgot about him being a compulsive liar. He's pretty fucked up that's for sure.

you're doing fine user

How would I clean the body of an old Gibson SG? I have some fret cleaner for a rosewood fretboard and some spray that I use on my Strat, but that has a finished body and I'm not sure if it would work for my SG

instaud.io/3uH0
instaud.io/3uGX

Lmao why u mad tho?
I got to you so bad it's hilarious.
>absolutely rent free.

Your SG doesn't have a finished body?

Your sg isn't painted? I'm confused.

>using more than one chord in a song
wtf people actually do this?
One chord is enough, two is a bit much. three is just crazy

How do people who aren't successful musicians even manage to afford guitars like Gibsons or top end Fenders? That must take years to save up for.

Attached: 10014717_676108815764711_330310697_o.jpg (498x334, 27K)

Just saw a used Gibson SG for 299$ online
they're not as expensive as you think.
Also it doesn't take long to save up 600-1000$. It's pretty stupid to spend more than 600$ on a guitar anyway.

Try getting a job.

It's really old, like >50 years. There's a light finish, but I guess that's enough to use a cleaner on?

Post a pic of it,you might need to use a special type of cleaner.

hopefully your reply will apply to my dirty stradivarius

Grabbed an epi thunderbird. Little disappointed it's a chinese axe but whatever

Use lighter fluid to clean

Honestly what did you expect?

I can buy an MIA strat after two eight-hour shifts.

Only good thing to come from china pic rel

Attached: 15540735086355270993898010499325.jpg (4160x3120, 3.42M)

They're pretty affordable. Its the custom shop stuff that is way out of reach for most.

I was hoping it was indonesian or japanese or soemthing

Isopropyl alcohol should be fine. Test it on small spot on the back to see if there's any discoloration once dry. If not, go go.

Remember to oil the fretboard after cleaning it.

Epiphones haven't been made in other countries for a lot of years. MIJ ones were only made on occasion and were usually part of an Elite line while the other shit was made in China or Korea.

No. Don't use alcohol. It will take off a finish.

Alcohol shouldn't break down a clear coat.

It will unless it's Poly

Indonesian isnt typically good. Only exception so far is yamaha. Korean and jap epi is what youre looking for.

I mean, unless the finish is shellac.

>use alcohol
>on a vintage guitar

Can I buy replacment parts for my Teisco shitplank anywhere? Would it be worth it to put new tuners and a new bridge into it

I forgot, Koreans are good too.

Use it as a backup guitar and put the money towards a non-shitplank. Its not worth upgrading a shitplank because you're still left with a shitplank in the end

My most recent purchase is a korean Wmi factory dean lp copy and its pretty well built.

Attached: 20190205_202959(1).jpg (1815x2754, 894K)

If i shove bedsheets or apillow into my acoustics soundhole and fill the inside and then install an electric guitar pick up and use electric strings. Will i then negate any feedback issues or anything like that

Im tryingto figure out how to record and use effects. I dont knkw how to get apickuo on here. Id like to use nylon strings instead but i dontknkw

yeah probably.

Alright, so i'm going to assume we're talking nitrocellulose finish. You can clean that safely with small amount of naphtha (meaning dab a little on a microfiber cloth). First step should be just slightly water damp cloth, see how stubborn the grime is.

Isopropyl is safe on modern clear finishes so long as the clear coat is intact. Don't use it if there are cracks or the finish is worn through. If we're talking exposed wood anywhere, you can't do much beyond damp cloth without risking damage. If the instrument is valuable i don't recommend cleaning beyond dry cloth for finished parts. Fretboard can be given the naphtha treatment followed by mineral oil to rehydrate.

I can get a new MIA jazzmaster for about a grand. I currently only have a shitty squier stratocaster and don't play it much. Would it be dumb to get it?

Can any of you beginners play as good as Christian Weston Chandler?
Look at this, He can make his guitar sound like a fucking piano, and you idiots can't play anything other than the G, C, and D chords
youtu.be/D7XrVgM5E6Y

Attached: 0776-CWCGuitar.jpg (900x1200, 150K)

yes
spend your cash on more important shit like bills and insurance payments, only then when you're financially stable should you even consider buying it. Make do with your Squier, work on improving your technique, and when you get good you'll get a better return of investment.

Electric bass the size of double bass. Consider it.

Dude get off the internet its rotting your brain.

I can afford it, no problems there. Just would be an impulse buy considering I can't play. Deals like this seem pretty rare though, and I really like the look of the guitar.

Get it . live life without ragrets

no ragrets

Is a telecaster with shawbuckers the closest you can get to the sound of a les paul?

no

I may be wrong but shawbuckers are alnico 2. Most paf are alnico 5. I think slash uses alnico 2 though.

I had the pleasure to play with one of those 90's epi firebirds from korea but fucked up in not buying one (only a couple hunnid too)

Tryblooking at a used dean trans am. Im kinda thinking about getting one in the future.

Lmao you don’t even know what kind of wood was used to make it, it’s not well built. Don’t you live in a dual-income house hold? And that’s the best guitar you could come up with?

Attached: 01C461C0-E997-493F-A1F1-A2B3064542FF.jpg (3404x3296, 2.46M)

As far as im concerned based on what youve posted its a superior instrument to what you have. Is that why youre so mad and obsessed?

And what have I posted, schizo? You gonna cry about oil again?

> (You) #
>As far as im concerned based on what youve posted its a superior instrument to what you have.
My real rosewood still has you pissed off, huh boy? I win :)

Attached: 255F7F57-790A-4C90-8B10-6E04FF3CD922.jpg (357x358, 27K)

On vacation. Is it weird that I really miss my dumpsterdived shitplank and am feeling really desperate to get home and get it back in my hands

this kind of lonely/needy posting bums me out

Attached: 20190329_133137.jpg (3023x2268, 3.16M)

How’s it sound? I saw you post that the other day but I didn’t see you talk about it much.

Decent for what it is.

Would you recommend it for apartment play?

Built this tonight in 2-3 hours. I'm not proud of some of the soldering, but it works.

Attached: IMG_2553.jpg (1772x1772, 803K)

Attached: IMG_2556.jpg (1536x2048, 564K)

I'd recommend it for taking a trip and you can just throw it in your guitar case play.

Have any progress pics?

Please recommend some albums with top-tier bassists.

Do you think it’s loud enough for busking?

Stanley clarke school days

there are factory full of bugmen in china that makes 75 of these a day why should anyone care that you made one?

no

Nah, it just took a couple hours so I just sat down, soldered it, tested it, and took a couple pics.

Sure.

>please pay attention to me!
>please interact with me!
>me me me!
Classic tripfaggotry, perfect.

UPDATE: gave the TBird a spin and I am satisfied with the sound. This is my first bass guitar but the transition has been pretty easy so far. Just gotta get used to the finger stress.

Well, except for some fret buzz

Then again it might not be fret buzz. Still getting used to the squeeze

Hes already changed his trip to avoid the people who’ve filtered him.
SO LONELY AND SAD

Attached: 25214E1E-EDBB-42CD-B93E-62A749BBC91F.gif (290x280, 54K)

Nobody cares,

I'm super lazy with scales/modes and arpeggio exercises should i start with gamable's books in the megalink?

Attached: 1493480828863.jpg (466x620, 49K)

Attached: OkayGuy.jpg (1705x959, 69K)

Sounds good. But since its a bass it doesnt even matter

Lemme see the tbird, user. If it's gothic black then I'm gonna beat you up

Don't be a pussy and get discouraged. If you keep practicing you'll be surprised how fast you can learn

The tbird was my first bass 14 years ago. The only thing I didn’t like about it was how neck heavy it was. It stripped the strap button out a couple times on me but locks fixed it up.

>Hes already changed his trip to avoid the people who’ve filtered him.
Getting sick of filtering whatever new trip he puts on every time Roman trolls him into changing it.

What are some good techniques an acoustic player should have in their arsenal? I wanna go from beginner to intermediate, cause even though I’ve been playing for a long time I never really took the time to practice or learn. I just only know basic strumming and I want to learn how to play more complex rhythm guitar. I basically only know the most simple down-up strumming. Does anyone know any good resources to look for? Any good books or youtube channels on this?

Attached: 336C1D2F-D89D-4749-85CB-F9E1202F0F6B.jpg (855x641, 131K)

Attached: 20190320_132945.jpg (2635x2268, 3.91M)

Buy a Beatles Songbook.

>he's too poor and/or dumb to own a Gibson
>all of his guitars are inadequate

Attached: 1526546676244.jpg (223x223, 34K)

>Owning any high end guitar that isn't a Suhr

Attached: Dog Vomit.magic.png (600x337, 347K)

GUITAR IS TURNING YOU GAY

Has anyone tried one of these out? They look to quirky to actually be worth $250.

Attached: Plasma Pedal.png (676x909, 704K)

Gimmick

youtu.be/edVbz_uXJd0

youtu.be/id2dkxLh_KY

the fender champion 20 isn't called champion for no reason

>be gibson owner
>send it back to the factory because it has QC issues
>don't be a gibson owner for a week
>get a good one, finally
>replace the nut
>find out there are uneven frets
>get that fixed
>get on the internet
>accuse some guy who swapped the pickups in his schecter of polishing a turd

so lads, im thinking about getting the axe fx 3.
should I get it and if so, what's the best setup for it?

Attached: axe fx 3.png (412x122, 61K)

do people use these things with a cabinet or just straight into the PA system for shows?

is it wrong to own a epiphone and put cool rails in it or PAF copy humbuckers in it

GUITAR IS TURNING YOU GAY

I have a dean with a suhr aldrich in the bridge. So theres thst

Attached: 20190127_113327.jpg (4160x3120, 2.86M)

i'm back /gg/

Attached: 1546242867038.png (612x535, 216K)

every tuneomatic bridge i own fucking buzzes and rattles

what the fuck do i do to fix this trash. fucking gibson with their shit hardware

I just bought a new pickup and it had some wax on it, I thought it was just dirty so I scratched a lot of the wax off the outside of the pickup. Did this ruin it or is it unaffected? I can't test it in a guitar until Sunday and I already checked with a multimeter which says it's fine.

lmfao thanks mook for the like button, i like april 1st

How do I go about getting my guitar painted?

Depends. What color?

Attached: tumblr_pcswhvhKXO1un8qsqo2_250.jpg (225x400, 29K)

I have this Jazzmaster and it's a silverburst. I don't mind silverburst, but I think it'd look way better in purple. Is painting it usually a good idea?

>purple
Close but no cigarette!

Attached: 1546132189630.jpg (1087x995, 79K)

why not?

get some spray paint and go to town!

apparently either or

Ironically enough I think it’s the people who are posers and just wanna look the part who are the regular consumers of top of the line guitars from big name brands. Not always, obviously, there’s exceptions to every rule...

But ya, I’ve definitely heard some of the most beautiful melodies come from a lowly squier

You make 500$ a day? must be nice

...perhaps you mean used? even so it’s expensive for an American one.

Anyone have a problem with singing way too loud and your roommates and shit hear you so you never practice? I pretty much play at work after we lock up the lobby and no one is there but me and the security guy.

vocaroo.com/i/s0BkpHDfeImk

>guitar general =

you mean gook moot

Check out my dino dweebs bet you wish you had one

Attached: 1553526674202.png (500x500, 296K)

I love it

The only one I don't have unlocked yet is spooky

Attached: tumblr_mz02k7rE1w1ryjfqqo3_500.gif (500x265, 286K)

lol we spooky now

but yeah, frfr or power amp w/cab for axe fx?

lole check out my likes before i go to sleep ghee ghee

Attached: 1493593973402.jpg (640x480, 31K)

wuups i sleepy

>It's pretty stupid to spend more than 600$ on a guitar anyway

This has to be dumbest guitar related opinion i have ever read and i really hope i am being retarded and don't get the irony.

Did you ever try a fender custom shop? Mayones custom?

I'm a dumb retard and just learning to figure out stuff with my ear, what notes are being played on the bass riff and guitar? I appreciate it greatly

youtu.be/yn6iVpsxAKc

Recently refinished my jazzmaster. Was going for a blue purple to turquoise type gradient but the walnut made it more blue to green. How do you lads think I did?

Attached: Screenshot_20190401-124056~2-01.jpg (1434x2007, 1.24M)

Looks freakin' great. Here's mine btw

Attached: IMG_2500.jpg (2048x1536, 980K)

*SNAP*

Attached: 1387863694027.jpg (642x361, 107K)

>Playing electric guitar unplugged but strumming very hard.
>The body starts making a feint humming sound

Is this supposed to happen?

Yeah, when I first got my guitar I thought it was fucked but its normal. Just the vibrations of the strings and strumming. Literally what music is

It's called fret buzz.

Neat I do love gold guitars. How do you find the mastery bridge helps with sustain, my jazzmaster has a straytrem bridge which was a massive improvement over the typical bridge. Also I set the switch up top to do series parallel switching as I never actually used the rhythm circuit. All that's left to do is join a band and play the hell out of it

Attached: IMG-20190329-WA0009~2.jpg (3226x1467, 1.55M)

It's not fret buzz. It's almost like a barely audible whistling sound, imagine a kettle going off in the next room.

Gibson’s sound like fard desu, there’s no clarity to them

is there any alternative to the plastic toggle switch?
also what saddles are those on the gold one?

>is there any alternative to the plastic toggle switch?
Duct tape.

what are some other journey-like pieces similar to Capricho Arabe?

it already did

Anyone have any techniques with the bVII to modulate seamlessly? Been messing around with it but it always comes off forced.

Good morning :)

Attached: D605634B-0A77-4249-ACF2-53AC328F4538.jpg (790x1207, 172K)

Is there an easy way to fill in or cover up pickguard screw holes at home? I've got an old Thunderbird I wanna remove it from but the holes look awful on the dark gloss finish.

anyone?

>removing the pickguard
For what purpose

I like how it looks if it weren't for the screw holes. There's nothing underneath it.

sup pink suhr i just woke back up bing bong

Remember Gibsons are shit and the only one worth owning is the ES335

Wew lad.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-14-08-30-38(1).png (1034x1960, 889K)

>Can't see SHIT, Captain#

>poorfa/gg/ cope before breaky💯

need to check my score don't be jelly ghee ghee

Attached: 1534372141738.jpg (736x963, 69K)

Bumping this

Attached: 8ddfb7f0b0b8d80d06ca7b9a0d4e67b1.jpg (1134x1417, 207K)

man the wall is a cruel master

Yes but you need to paint over the filler.

I have acrylic paints, is that good enough?

Drill
Pluq with a dowel
Sand
paint

>Pluq with a dowel
what the actual fuck is that

Macmull: if you're not suhre, get one.

Attached: _MG_7654.jpg (2427x5092, 710K)

I'm sleepy. Leave me alone

For the price, those tone and volume knobs better be made of white rhino horn.

They're made of warm vintage tone and tone.

Why buy a chinese knockoff strat instead of a fender? How poor are you? Look at that stupid headstock

Stratocasters are for children.

Attached: 71t1i0vEsvL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x494, 60K)

what progression are these chords
I mean in what key is this

D5/A Gsus2 Bm7 Bbmaj7

the one where I fuck your mom

she's dead

If you're going dual humbucker, at least get a cutaway and another fret.

Attached: yamaha-sg-600-xl[1].jpg (600x458, 65K)

I came so hard she died

At this point this might as well be Jazzmaster General

Attached: Suhr JM Select. Thanks Anon!.jpg (675x1000, 239K)

Being vintage correct is also for children

>no i want one like the rock stars played

all the roots except the flat b are in the g major scale

???

Based, as always

Attached: 1538091073779.jpg (531x800, 96K)

>Electric guitars are for children
ftfy

Attached: 1553732538352.jpg (249x249, 16K)

Electric guitars are for children
Acoustic guitars are for hipster teens and women
Electric guitars are for adults

It's the circle of life

>Being vintage correct is also for children

this but unironically

I know for a fact Fender does not produce finishes that nice

classical spanish guitars and middle eastern guitars are an exception.

steel string acoustics are retarded instruments though

ok
I think the songs ends with this chord
3x0235 which makes sense

Music student here, got a degree in classical guitar, but also have plenty of experience on electric on the side. If you guys have some doubts that I can help with feel free ask. I visit this thread sometimes, but never posted before

>steel string acoustics are retarded instruments
if you're just talking about flat tops, then ye

Attached: eastman-ar805-front-close.jpg (2784x2400, 583K)

Record yourself play something impressive so we can remember the day someone who could actually play guitar posted on /gg/

How many cocks csn you fit in your mouth at the same time?

spoops

Does your guitar have a trem? Probably the springs resonating.

My prs floyd has springs that sound out any time you play an a anywhere on the neck.

super spook t b h

Mr user, I don't feel so good...

Attached: 1547892826280.png (800x778, 317K)

froglet🐸

bet you don't even have a rainbow🌈

You are right. It is a Suhr Jazzmaster

indeed

I play an Ibanez because I suck cocks

k den👌

party

partyhat

--asshat

heads = guitar is stupid af
tails = guitar is gayCoin Flip: Tails

anyone with over 100 score should kys

lole cope hard loser i can't help that i'm popular

>he can't read music
This used to be me lol

Attached: pepecringe.png (399x322, 42K)

your comment =

Attached: 1956686_10152090533508883_411570627_o.jpg (1356x2048, 451K)

Fantastic body
guitar looks like shit though

Attached: comedy-club-routine-of-standup-comedian-B8W577.jpg (1036x1390, 185K)

this might be a stupid question, but when i have a chord progression in a major key, can i only play something in the major scale over it ?
and same thing for minor keys ?

Not at all, although you have to be careful as it can be somewhat unforgiving to switch between major and minor.

what the frick is going on

Generally more advanced players will try and target the notes in the chords, or play the scale the chord is in.
A lot of genres also substitute chords.
Blues or jazz breaks away from just a regular minor or major progression in triad form and uses tetrads (7 chords) or may even substitute a tetrad with a minor major 7 chord, which lends itself to a harmonic minor scale

>tfw all these ads looking for bass players
>just thinking of replying to them makes me incredibly anxious
I'll reply to one of them one day

Stupid fucking newfag

yeah, especially when playing chords, you really notice when something isn't supposed to be minor/ major, i haven't done many scale exercises since i started so it all seem a bit more complicated than keys for now

but for an A minor harmonic scale for instance, the notes are A-B-C-D-E-F-G#-A
however there are no sharps in the Am key, what happens there ? won't it sound wrong ?

What’s the genre and is that the actual progression or did you fuck it’s order up?

What reverb pedal do you fuckers use

I think the chords I wrote are the ones being played as arpeggios here
youtu.be/FQRKY-lGXyc

I really couldn't tell you a rule when it comes to it as I don't really know what I'm on about

youtube.com/watch?v=z6JxIOd7lKg

The opening riff of this switches, you can hear the difference, I don't really know how it works to be honest.

Harmonic minor is not natural minor, the 7 is not flat, hence the sharp G.
It’s about context, if you are playing minor tritone chords, the only context you have are 1 b3 and 5, those match harmonic minor so it’ll fit.

oooh okay, so, if you were to play all the chords in a key, you wouldn't be able to use these harmonic or other fancy scales because they would have some notes that are not compatible with the key you're playing in ?
so that means you play in these "complicated" scales depending on the chord degrees being played, and if there are all seven degrees of a key, then you can only play natural scales to match with it ?

yeah, it makes some sort of dissonance perhaps, it sounds good there, but that's what i want to avoid, playing along with someone else might get tricky with that

daaa daaa ta da ta
tatatatatada taaa da ta

Attached: HOKjbYf.gif (500x280, 354K)

WHY DONT YOU LISTEN TO THRASH METAL? ITS ONE OF THE MOST GUITAR CENTRIC GENRES.

Well generally all 7 chords wouldn’t be played. But try and break from thinking that you play one scale for one progression.
You can play whatever fits, and that depends on how you analyse it.
Generally you would play the notes that fit the chord and go from there.
But when it comes to progression construction, that’s when you can get crazy with making lots of changes to the scales played.

If it was just A7 D7 E7 you could play major, minor or diminished scales. Diminished 7 chords with their natural third and flat 7 lend themselves to being played with with minor or major.

As for crazy progressions see pic related.
It’s just a standard jazz 6-2-5-1. You can play it in triads, and that would be played minor but in the last example, it’s still following the same progression, but the 1 chord is now a Gminor Maj7. And that allows up to use a harmonic minor.
This is more about composition, but as someone who is playing over chords, analyse them and see what they let you play, because generally the more complex it looks the more interesting things you can do

Attached: 0F21F472-E774-4C43-95C0-07FC606C75DC.jpg (3264x2448, 2.14M)

Remember to never give up!
vocaroo.com/i/s0kXzPV2RNNO

Attached: 4E5B454D-A084-4F8F-B9F3-595DB5E363F1.jpg (2826x3421, 636K)

Honestly I don't know, I'm very suspicious of people who claim they can hear differences after changing parts. "Clips or it's all in your head" is my motto. And I didn't take any "before" clips. I would like to disable the rhythm switch on mine too as I never use it.

It's a Mastery Bridge.

w-woa, it's getting complicated, i've gotta get more familiar with all the types of chords and scales,
then that means the most important are the chords that you're playing, (whether they're 7th, 9th, dim or aug) and the scale adapts itself to it,
but then how do you know what chords to play, are there rules or do you go with the feeling ?
i've always played only the regular ones, and somehow learned that the fifth degree of a major key can be a 7th(?)
i'm saving all this for when i'll understand it better, heh

is there anybody who actually prefers p90s to fender-style single coils or humbuckers?
are they just a boomer thing?

I tend to agree with you. Every guitar I play sounds like me playing the guitar, if you really wanted your guitar to sound different just give it to another guy to play. I actually had a maple neck on this jazzmaster before I refinished it im betting that the new neck doesn't change the tone at all. Mechanically I can see denser parts with stronger construction helping with the string resonate longer there by increasing sustain, however that could be in the order of microseconds.

also, the reason i was asking this was to improvise over improvised progression, so i would know the key, but not what chord comes next,
it might make things harder

All depends on the tones you like/want

wtf is the thing wrapped around the strings behind the bridge?

Attached: 20190213_155125.jpg (680x1209, 490K)

V chords are usually before a I interval in jazz at least and while a V may be a major or minor in a regular progression, it is swapped out a lot for a 7 chord as it helps with the flow and gives better options. In fact, most progressions don’t just use regular major and minor chords cause it’s limiting.
7 allows for multiple scales to be played on top.

As for improving over progressions.
Look at practicing using intervals rather than note or chord names.

If you know how to play against a 1-4-5 progression, then you know how to play against every 1-4-5 progression, just adjust your root.
Similar to how 1st position in minor pentatonic scale is the same across any note you start at.
C - F - G when viewed as intervals is 1-4-5. Which is the same as D-G-A and so on.
So you can use the exact same scale patterns and licks over both, just adjust your root note. Start on C position pentatonic and for D start on D position pentatonic.
It will always sound right because it is. And 145 is the most standard blues progression.
Generally it’s played all with 7 notes and you would solo in minor key.

But put on a single drone note backing track for C7, then play a blues lick using 1, b3, 5 and b7 notes which make up the chord, then swap to any other single note backing and play the same notes but shifted so the 1 matches the root note of the chord. You will see what I mean.

It’s just patterns that work the same across different keys

Did you pick that grain out yourself?

It stops the length of the strings behind the bridge from ringing while you play.

But I would honestly invest in guitar lessons if you are serious. I take lessons, I don’t really even play guitar at lessons, we just discuss theory and composition. So when I get home I put the theory into practice throughout the week. It has honestly boosted my playing so much.

Square up

Attached: E3E3A48C-8A50-411C-87D4-F5A187A6BFA5.jpg (3264x2448, 1.23M)

why is it that color
what did it do wrong

I prefer a P90 on telecasters and massively prefer it over the plasticky strat pickups. Combined with a humbucker in the bridge it's a great combo.

Attached: 7197a70bdac823dcc2c66c70ef4726b948080.jpg (480x360, 29K)

what other chords can get swapped for 7th chords like the V ? i'm gonna try all that, the relation between scales and keys is much clearer now, thanks a lot for taking the time to explain it !

Attached: MAB-1.jpg (1050x700, 165K)

All good.
Generally it depends on the genre. But you will find that the basic chord progressions (MmmMMmDim and mDimMmmMM) are always added on to but in essence they are the same.
Example, you are playing the blues, 1-4-5 progression, You can play a straight Major chord triad progression in Maj1-Maj4-Maj5 or the same for minor, but the genre is blues, it’s about creating that sad, dissonance feeling. And having you play a major scale over a major triad chord progression just doesn’t do it and it is restrictive in that you can only play one way.
However replace the major or minor progression with straight 7 chords, I7-IV7-V7 and you have the same progression but you can now play major or minor and swap between both scales, because a Diminished chord is special, it has a natural 3 so it fits minor but it has a flat 7 so it also fits minor. And when you play minor over it, the flat 3 in the scale clashes with the natural 3 in the chord creating a good type of tension.
Music is all about tension and resolution, whenever you aren’t playing a 1 or 5 interval you are building tension, resolve it with the 1 or 5.
Now. Major7 and Minor7 are just straight major or minor mostly, only diminished let’s you swap between scales because of how it’s constructed.
And as for V being a 7 usually, it’s true in jazz because in a standard progression used in jazz, 6-2-5-1. The V resolves to a one, having it as a dominant7 helps create final tension before the big resolution.
It’s better to practice to dominant 7 backing tracks because it allows for more freedom and experimentation

Also back to the standard major and minor progressions, you can generally replace any of the chords in there with a dominant 7 chords as it is a blending chord, as long as it sounds good, however the V is a good choice because it’s the closest sonically to the root chord/note, this allows you to keep building tension and swap out scales to make things more interesting.
Otherwise You can take your regular minor III in the major progression and say fuck it. I’m going to make that a minor7 or maybe I want to swap to harmonic minor so it’ll be a minor Maj7 (flat 3/major7) as long as it retains its core, in this case which is the 1-b3-5 you can add anything else you want on to it and it is still part of the progression. (Sus chords are a little different cause it changes the 3 up or down) but if you make changes to the chords in the progression, you want it to blend, you don’t really see a progression of just standard triads then in the middle is a random minor7add9 chord

But stick to some simple 1-4-5 blues progressions in all dominant 7s and try out swapping from major to minor, target the notes that make up the chord for it to sound really good, refrain from hitting the root chord too much otherwise it will resolve the tension.

Safe notes/Intervals:
I > V
(Safer VII > II > IV >VI
(More dissonant -> )

Sup lil fellow nigga

Attached: 1545780632493.jpg (4160x3120, 3.7M)

Hello little foot

*ahem* FUCK CHINKSON AND EPICPHONE

Anyone recommend a distortion/overdrive/lead pedal. I like Nirvana/Oasis/Beatles/Buttrock
>Boss ds1/ds2/os2

My DS1 makes the tone really light, too much treble, however it could be my amp, but I find when it’s clean it actually adds too much bass and doesn’t distort well. So something is off.

Boss DS1
Ibanez Tube Screamer
EHX East River Drive
EHX Big Muff

The DS-1 is pretty scooped.

RAT

Could you get a good shred/old school metal tone out of those OD pedals?

Just buy a metal zone

Suhr riot dawg

in front of amp distortion kinda but you won't get that super compressed responsive tone

Which pedal suits itself to classic black metal tones? Varg used fuzz and Ulver used a metal zone if I am not mistaken. What about an overdrive pedal?

metal zone only good as a boost
it's fucking garbage on its own

Thanks I'll check these outs. I've never bought pedals before and it's a hassle to change my amp settings

Use it in the effects loop instead of in front of the amp

Or just buy a distortion pedal that isn't shit.

I miss the legend of bum ditty

Funny thats what i call ypur moms snatch.

Gross

Attached: 55680203_2164493910296560_3370992858512228352_n.jpg (480x650, 29K)

boss st-2 power stack is my current favorite, does a good job of adding balls to your signal and can do everything from light crunch to metal. really adds the punch of a full stack sound

Attached: My-Halo-Custom-Guitar (8).jpg (995x420, 73K)

That’s a nice paint job, but I just find all acoustics inherently ugly. It’s the shape and wood that I just can’t stand

Imagine the smell
*sips fava beans*

Just wrote my first song on guitar, lads.

Attached: 1469924042810.png (1000x1000, 159K)

Attached: ovation-ce48rr-acclaim-main1.jpg (900x890, 63K)

What exactly makes Telecasters so popular in twangy gau mathrock shit? Plently of guitarists in these bands always seem to use a standard, a semi hollow, or even an offset tele. Are there any examples of bands using something like a regular Strat? I know Pete from Invalids uses a Les Paul, but I rarely see players using anything but a Tele.

That’s even worse. Like the lotus pod thing. And the headstock is bad

Teles are great, it was a toss up between getting a strat or Tele but for me because I love the Tele twang. It’s cuts through a mix really well

Attached: 12STRV2.jpg (994x414, 26K)

Haha as if

I need this in my life.

Attached: De8V4rVX0AElBQw.jpg (960x960, 89K)

Attached: kramer imperial ax.jpg (510x205, 15K)

I guess I just hate acoustics, I like the sound but I just get can’t into the fundamental design

I actually want to bully all the higher ups at Dean, holy shit

GUITAR IS TURNING YOU GAY 2: GAYMAGEDDON