Lets get a comfy saturday night comfy synth thread. Right now about to tale the bus that will take me home...

Lets get a comfy saturday night comfy synth thread. Right now about to tale the bus that will take me home, wish i had a portable synth to jam with that also has a line output to record the jam.

Attached: image.jpg (312x161, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=atvtBE6t48M
youtu.be/epAjJD1gEiM?t=894
youtu.be/PkQ5rEJaTmk
youtube.com/watch?v=vugqRAX7xQE
youtube.com/watch?v=_qO1zcdH6V4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I have an Asus T100 and a Keystation Mini 32 for a portable setup.

>laptop
>comfy
Dafuq

tubed copicat and space echo tape with Folktek kinda night

Attached: 2059F4A4-0F2C-4E09-BAE2-EB57E45E2946.jpg (3908x2875, 2.96M)

It's got all my synths, a touchscreen and it weighs like 2 pounds.

>all my synths
You dont have any lmao

These threads are such good cringe material, thanks op

Oh my bad. I thought this was a synth thread, not an analogue only dick contest.

what it doop? entering the elektron club monday with an OT mk1. bit of a g.a.s. purchase but i've been eyeing them for nearly a year now.

circuit would be a great option for travel-jams. obviously op-1, but i couldn't justify spending 1k on convenience and aesthetic.

Attached: D409924B-F429-4CE3-9588-4ABDC1C41414.jpg (560x304, 45K)

used Ipad + music apps. Like $100 total for a ton of tools. Older gen Ipads are cheap as fuck. The best option by far for portable music production.

Are ipads compatible with max/msp?

Lol you could do all that and less with a thousand bucks worth of real hardware and you wouldn't look such a lame Normie either.

Based
Cringe
Elektron feels so good. Congrata ok your purchase, MD is sort of old but u see tons of guys regretting selling theirs.

>portable synth to jam
get the op-1 like i did

>you could do the same thing for 10 times more money and it wouldn't be portable
Why did you even bother to write this? Very weird. Anyway, I have a bunch of hardware and I don't have an Ipad. It's just the best and cheapest solution for what he asked about.

If you were being ironic about OP-1 being an absolutely absurd rip off, I missed the joke and I'm sorry.

Get an OP-1

bought an octatrack couple of months ago. collected dust basically until thursday when i used it live. the sampler/midi sequencer combo is really powerful for live stuff.

i use an akai s2000 otherwise because of actual proper individual outputs.

Ironic? OP-1 is maybe the single most overpriced, overhyped scam in the history of electronic music gear.

Andrew Huang here with another 10 Nintendo beats from the 1500 dollar OP1

name the better portable synth the size of the op-1 then. oh wait you cant since this is the only piece of gear of its kind.

An ipad

iPhone if there's garageband on it

has no keyboard, no knobs

get a volca modular :DDD

And a minilogue for massive upvotes on reddit

>wish i had a portable synth to jam with that also has a line output to record the jam.

you mean an iphone/ipad?

OP-Z :^)

Electribe 2 is perfect for this

Thoughts on the monotribe?

good one

Doesnt that one need an iphone to work at its full potential?

Totally not a collusion haha

Daily reminder if your "synth" has an USB port or cellphone integration/WiFi, youve been happily scammed.

so midi over usb is a bad thing?

this thread is filled with absolute retards. synth nerd queers are so stupid, no one cares what instrument you use, your stupid bus ride jam doesn't matter, most likely you'll never make anything important, so stop conversing with people online about what gear would be best for making your insignificant music and just make it if that's really what you want to do. in reality most of you are just fags who want to talk about your toys

it's a toy, but a fun one

based and truthpilled

Yes, starting from the USB connectpr that falls appart with gentle use

The lenghts the poorfag will go just to cope once more

>he thinks vst user=poor

Rockit/hs user spotted

my steinway is worth more than any synthesizer you own. faggot

>watched a few OP-Z videos
>desire for TE products reignited
>know zero music theory, never played any instrument
Your insults will only make me stronger.

Attached: op-z.jpg (2048x1536, 408K)

and that's a yikes from me

pocket operator, korg volca fm, dx7 reface

Which steinway VST are you talking about?

user are you braindead?

Elektron is the GOAT

something something toy synth bad!!
no srsly have fun with it dude, just ordered my OP-1 these things are fun af

>proceeds to drool over 20000 dollar 60 year old amp with all the other guitar nerds

Can someone help me remember the name of a contemporary band that has heavy 80s style synth? They sound heavily influenced by Tears for Fears. They wear white face paint, have bowl haircuts and wear like latex trench coats. I can't believe I don't remember their name.

Here is some required viewing

youtube.com/watch?v=atvtBE6t48M

...he already mentioned that he has a Steinway.

Never leave home without mine

Attached: 3427CF40-BA2E-4C17-879F-3353BDE2A087.jpg (4032x3024, 2.31M)

I can understand the desire for some portable minisynth but why do they make them chiptune machines? Their modular unit that produces nothing but super mario sounds is the biggest joke yet.

Name dropping gearfag mad about a gear thread? Couldn't be.

>modular unit that produces nothing but super mario sounds is the biggest joke yet.
To be fair, it is marketed as "pocket operator goes modular", which could be read as "if you didn't like POs, might wanna skip this one".
I don't really like POs, but they did inspire quite a bit of design and functionality of OP-Z, and that is hardly a chiptune machine.

What’s your setup today, user?

Attached: B6ABF0F7-4CDB-4750-951A-5ABC8DE1A186.jpg (3024x2421, 1.94M)

im building a home studio in my new appartment. will be finished next week then ill upload pics

Nice! Looking forward to pics

Do you have a generator that shuffles your gear randomly in order to spit out synth combinations? i always thought this would be an interesting idea for an album or maybe pairing synthesizers with a lot of contrast and no middleground between them.

I hate being broke

how do you like the big sky?

everybody needs a 303

Attached: IMG_20190331_134331 - Copy.jpg (4000x2250, 3.77M)

I hate having to choose between gear and a down payment for a house.

No but that would be a fun project.

It’s pretty nice for what I do, using cv opens things up

bought one, still trying to understand how it works but most importantly how can I implement it in my music works
still using it as a synth/drum machine sequencer

TE is the Apple of music gear so that's always a little red flag for me

check out mira by the same company but idk what it does

this is my little home studio but the pic is for a while ago
now I have an OP-1, OP-z and a Volca rack with a Beats, Sample and FM
and also a spongebobo toy keyboard

Attached: IMG_1666.jpg (4032x3024, 2.12M)

looks comfy and nice space echo, what’s the organ?

Attached: 67DAE8B8-E925-4FD2-9283-D1D44D28557E.jpg (3879x2597, 2.83M)

hainbach is that you?

>composition on a modular
This is all about as terribly avant garde as I imagined.
youtu.be/epAjJD1gEiM?t=894

dude gets jobs so??

Yeah good for him being on the cusp and getting work and all.

Stefan seems like a pretty nice guy on all the forums he frequents

Nothing against him personally, it's just that composition on a modular is 99% avant garde, experimental and barely even music. The kind of stuff you see in bizzarro performance art pieces and I subjectively think it's awful.

nothing wrong with that, i have nothing but for respect for other musicians trying to make a living, especially those that go out of their way to share their knowledge. I don’t follow his youtube but have seen him perform at festivals etc

thank you! it's pretty comfy, yes, and I love that Space Echo, one of my most precious piece of gear

the organ is a vintage Giaccaglia organ, now I'm switching it with/adding a Bontempi Junior
here's more pics of different setups

Attached: battlestation.jpg (2000x2997, 1.92M)

he's a decent guys, and looks totally honest and passionate about his work, just like that other guy, amulets

but yes, it's very different from what I consider to be "music", at least something I'd like to listen to

it's always too experimental, can't really relate to it
but he composes for theatres, and also he got some gigs going so good for him

he seems like a top bloke, but his output is just there, no wonder he does ambient music for theater, he does inobtrusive sounds that "enhance" the mood of some visuals. cant make a melody or timbre to save his life.

>$1,900

Attached: OP-1.jpg (500x185, 28K)

you should have bought one when they were readily available for $650 new

I could have got one for around 7 or 8, but didn't bother. It's not worth even half of that, to me at least. Overrated toy.

do you use your volca sample much? I find it fun to use, but the limited memory is a hassle

Has there ever been music made on this thing that isn't piano tapeloop ambient or andrew huang beats?

bought one last year, before the production stop and subsequential price raise

it's a pretty solid piece of gear, very versatile, but it's not like you can't achieve the same soundscapes with a VST a lots of time and proper sound design
still, it's a portable studio and like I said, very versatile. I use it a lot in my works

youtu.be/PkQ5rEJaTmk

I usually pair it with a drum pattern/sample on ableton, or even the Volca Beats itself
the thing is, the sound is very peopular and recognizable, so it's not very inspiring sound-production wise
it's a cool piece of equipment, but it's not a very professional piece of gear
I like to mix analog gear with digital samples so it's ok for a beginner such as myself
but no, I don't use it very often

who else making beats tonight?

Attached: D0F27E7C-B0AD-4BF5-8999-B3F9E457ABED.jpg (4032x3024, 2.55M)

cool machines but your floor is depressing get some nicer carpet you ape.

No

Attached: 5D1221B2-E28F-464C-B9A0-3048AAB0866D.jpg (4032x3024, 2.72M)

any love for granular?
youtube.com/watch?v=vugqRAX7xQE

Sounds good but granular is more powerful than simple sampling isn't it?

Not impressed.

nice to rediscover how OP-1 and Strymon are great together

Attached: 68796E4C-2DF6-4938-9CD5-75D20010C5BC.jpg (3767x2430, 2.42M)

Attached: 1413194718472.png (450x449, 48K)

>ADSR ASMR
youtube.com/watch?v=_qO1zcdH6V4

thoughts?

its just a guy talking, id figure it would be lots of moaning, panting and that sort of asmr stuff.

>OP-1 and Strymon are great together
is this a bot with premade phrases taken from youtube?

what’s wrong with either that doesn’t involve money or the videos you watch on YouTube

t. dumb as shit

Didn’t think so

What’s a good beginner synth?

the microcuck

autism general thread

why the fuck would you use an OP-1 when you can just use a laptop with a cheap midi controller I don't understand. how many of you are actually making music on the bus or whatever the fuck. even then to 99.9% of people you'll look like a faggot playing with a fisher price toy

>why the fuck would you use
non musicians dont get many things. poorfags too dont understand many behaviors of people who can support themselves and their hobbies.

Post your shitty "beats".

Attached: beat.jpg (1280x720, 119K)

And it’s beautiful

you got it wrong you mong. the ones making "beatz" are the vst users, the poor ones, you cant even meme about it, you must be a braindead guiturd user.

OP-1 is the GOAT

You still didn't post you music.
Hey Andrew.

All you anons with an OP-1 convinced me, where can I get the best price?

You are a pathetic marketing shill. How much is TE paying you?

perfectcircuit

I have no idea what an OP-1 is but I can assure you all that it is worth the high price.

Is there a better reverb Pedal for synths than the Strymon Bigsky?

besides the tactile feedback is there any advantage of having reverb pedal over an audio interface hooked-up to a good VST reverb like Valhalla? It's all digital anyways, right?

Eventide Space is worth consideration

Attached: CFDF1475-692C-485A-B396-AA808D6946F0.jpg (4010x3016, 3.12M)

its tiring to have all synths you listen have the same "polished" sound.

so..no?

Empress Reverb

is the Waldorf Blofeld desktop plus a small midi controller a good combo for live sets?

w2c italiano clockwork orange poster

I've been jammin on this guy for the last few years and I've still just barely scratched the surface.

Me too, I didn’t realize the OP-1 was a drum machine, a sampler, a sequencer, a multi-track recorder, a controller. Wow!

wtf is this true? and you get all that in a single, tiny sized machine? hot fuck where do i get one?

Why is everyone obsessed wih the OP-1?

It's the meme of the month like 6 months running

What kind of tools can i use to make industrial music? Im trying to make some experimental shit

Electric guitar riff samples, analogue synths and sequencer, guitar effects.

Piezo mics and worlds your instrument

Sure why not?

it’s a classic is all

Attached: 23BA40E8-411E-42B8-9546-F3C43749DDEE.jpg (3958x2577, 2.56M)

there are good apps for that.

an fm synthesizer (for metallic sounds)
distortion fx
reverb fx
heavy hitting drums

this is literally my dream machine.

Fisher price backs up their new products with hardcore shilling

>new products
Huh

who /op1andnothingelse/ here?👌

idk op1 is a lot of fun and surprisingly capable for what it is

is there a button for not liking?

Avalanche run v2 is on my wishlist

>all this OP-1 posting
MAKE IT STOP
IT'S A GOOD PIECE OF GEAR BUT DEAR GOD MAKE IT STOP

LIKE IF YOU AGREE BTW

Attached: screaming 2.jpg (374x307, 7K)

How long until the OP-2 is released?

Can someone explain why I get furious everytime I see someone enjoying things I can’t afford?

Rolled 1 (1d6)

because there's legitimate potential for artistic works to exist being destroyed with every minute you go without the tools you need to create them.

also jealousy

Wut

Recently got a Roland D-50 and realy like it's sounds and 80s a e s t h e t i c s .

My dumb ass forgot the picture.

Attached: d50.jpg (1496x842, 132K)

Korg ms-20 for learning synthesis basses/leads. If you are a polysynth obsessed onions then the minilouge but that's an ass choice

are there any synth setups for an android phone
I'm wondering if I can do something useful with my phone when I'm fucking around in my DAW

how much was it?

For free. My dad bought it in '87 and played it with his band until last year. Band broke up and I asked if I could have it until he decides what to do with it.

I might make him an offer to buy it though. Really like it so far.

>Roland D-50
goes for around 400-500€ on ebay. consider yourself lucky ;) sounds like a cool vintage fm synth. does it have midi?

Yes, but if I decide to keep it, my dad will propably ask 340-400€ for it.

And yes it has midi.

I only use Caustic

Caustic

Caustic mind🐨

Since when emojis work on Yea Forums?

Perks

Also, you might want to check today's date.

Ahh yeah
:-) :)

Caustic's pretty great until you realize how bad it sucks.

Rolled 3 (1d6)

Yeah well for me it's the individual 1 bar patterns are the biggest hindrance followed by a 5 inch screen.

Great for new age music. I like the korg wavestation aswell.

Yes, making music pretty much steers into that territory automatically when you're using one of those synthesizers.

i need the dino i really need it bros

i like synths liek if u agre

because youre a commie