London jazz scene > New York jazz scene

London jazz scene > New York jazz scene

Attached: 35E85833-EEB0-4506-A9F8-EF85B01FD473.jpg (320x320, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MqRamGcGUhE&t=1s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

this band and album is bad.

If you just want some chill groovy ass background music to party with your m8s to then I could see how you would prefer this type of shit.

But if you want good music to sit and actually listen to and enjoy in terms of things like composition and musical development then New York is really where most of the good players are based.

don't try talking if you don't have passion for jazz, I bet you circlejerk over bill evans or some shit

no this album is just bad

Since you have such a passion for jazz can you post recordings of some of your jazz compositions and improvised jazz solos?

sorry, too busy sucking cocks!

i bet you listen to mingus you faggot

you with this shit again? lol in the future shitstains like you would wish to play in my ensemble

see

time for your /criss cross/ pill

youtube.com/watch?v=MqRamGcGUhE&t=1s

Attached: 1515682918885.jpg (1200x1200, 1.27M)

it's going to be hard to convince anyone to play in your ensemble if you can't even post some of your original music lol

>I bet you circlejerk over bill evans or some shit

Are you seriously implying Sons of Kemet is better then Bill Evans? baka senpai.

Lol no. Don’t you know irony when you see it? Everyone over the age of 15 knows that Sons of Kemet is garbage

I don't play jazz, I'm busy with better genre right now (EAI)

there's really no point of comparison between either, but the best bill evans that I've heard was indeed as good as this album. that said, kemet were better before this came out which you wouldn't know of course because you don't actually listen to jazz (why would you?)

b- but white ppl can’t be good at jazz... only black people have soul and can make jazz that functions as misguided virtue signaling!

>I don't play jazz, I'm busy with better genre right now (EAI)
So you're kinda like those 350 lb women who "have a passion for health and fitness"? Or someone who has a "passion" for Russian literature but can't read or speak Russian.

so? it's not like you need to have a deep understanding of something or even be familiar with the basic concepts of it to have a passion for it.

miles davis's pianist who innovated jazz piano by drawing from impressionism sucks and isn't authentic because his albums don't have LE COLORFUL LE SOULFUL tribal african drawings on the covers

unironically this

cover art and how the artist looks is way more important than the music itself. how do you not know this? is this your first day on Yea Forums or something?

>"Your Queen Is a Reptile should go down as one of the most exhilarating and revolutionary jazz records of 2018."

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-30 at 7.32.30 PM.png (529x299, 271K)

>virtue signaling
ironic coming from someone who comes on an anime site to vent their anger around likeminded individuals in their safe space, there are subreddits that you'll fit right in just as well as you do here, trust me :^)

funny because I've probably also read more russian literature than you ever will as well (translated of course, not that learning cyrillic script wouldn't cost you literal 30 minutes of your life)

I have developed deep understanding through years of reading and analyzing work of my favorite musicians on a conceptual level. an hour of an interview with anthony braxton would be enough for you give you points of contention for cognitive dissonance that woudl last you a decade, small stuff

sorry but it's impossible for any of you to imitate me, there's too great a disparition of level of intellects here

lmao how many jazz albums do you think he listened to in 2018

what were your ten favorite jazz releases of 2018 and your ten favorite of 2011?

Tourists should be shot on sight

2011:
Brud: Volumes I-III
Dereb the Ambassador
Wake Up Angels: Live at the Ann Arbor Blues & Jazz Festival 1972-73-74
Live at the South Bank
Coin Coin Chapter One
And That's the Story of Jazz...
Composition #37
Chopin Chopin Chopin
Psychotic Redaction
Otherworldly

as for 2018 it was a better year but kemet still would be probably in my top 20 for jazz

based