How you guys like 90% of hiphop is beyond me. How does an album like this speak to you...

how you guys like 90% of hiphop is beyond me. How does an album like this speak to you? It's obviously made for black people, why the fuck are you listening to it

The only good hip hop album is Madvillainy, especially if you're white

Attached: Screenshot_1.jpg (733x732, 80K)

How can you not enjoy The Low End Theory?

ew who the fuck wants to be white

What am I supposed to feel when it's talking about black solidarity and other things

I really don't give a fuck about the coonmunity

most people I'd imagine

Usually the only requirement I have for music is that it sounds good, not gay shit like that it "speaks to me"

>not trying to understand music thematically

Why even listen to music then you fucking PLEB

i can think blackkklansman was a good movie without being black or jewish. even if it's not as personal for me to listen to an album talking about racial issues, i can still understand what the album is talking about

Yeah, but you're the bad guy, right? You know that if the artists producing the album saw you they'd hate you

>You know that if the artists producing the album saw you they'd hate you
I'd say most musicians would hate you in particular with mongoloid threads like these

>if it doesn't "speak to me" I cannot understand it
just stop

I am a musician and you've probably heard of me in the past

that's literally not true. spike lee and atcq don't hate white people, they know that race is a social construct

they might dislike white people who immediately victimize themselves when someone makes a socially conscious album, and they might dislike what the concept of whiteness means for society, but i'm pretty sure they understand that it's best to judge people as individuals

(and before you say, "then why do they make albums talking about being black? that's not individual" they're addressing a shared experience, not an experience that's 100% definitive)

but then i can't chill with my homies and complain about police harassment

>race is a social construct

nobody believes this anymore

i enjoy the production and raps, and you dont have to be black to like it you're just an asshole

It's a based and wholesome record.

you don't have to have certain race to enjoy good music. good music is good music.

feel glad you get a safe way to peek into that slice of New York history. Passive learning is the best

it literally is though. humans are such an advanced species because we've evolved language, a very high level of intelligence, and some other shit. no race is missing the genes that put humans on a different level from other species. the only differences are minor physical ones: skin color changed in response to the amount of sunlight, and how much vitamin d was needed vs. how burnt you'd get. different noses could have to do with different elevations, or even just be arbitrary. there's no valuable difference between two people of different races, other than the differences we create in our heads

what about IQ differences, racial groups are a strong predictor of IQ :^)

>there's no valuable difference between two people of different races

Ok, would you place a bet on a team of Chinese sprinters when they are competing against West Africans?

poverty and education is a strong predictor of iq. guess which races tend to be poorer, and receive worse education's on average

if i knew they were both trained by competent coaches, i wouldn't bet on either unless i had seen how well they'd done before

Without even giving a conscious fuck about race, I usually gravitate towards Lil Ugly Mane, Edan, Brother Ali and El-P. Does that make me racist because they are all white? The answer is No. I tend to agree with OP though. Sometimes Albums like TPAB (great example) seem to be intended for black people’s ears, like I literally don’t feel welcome listening to it. Only a few artists really transcend the artistic merit of Hip-Hop atm, it’s all become regressive due to its racial implications. For some inclusive black Hip-Hop artists I’d listen to Lupe Fiasco and Shabazz Palaces.

It’s simple: I don’t give a fuckin shit about the actual lyrics, as long as the words rhyme well, the voices and flow are smooth, and the instrumentals are good, hip hop can be good. Get over lyrics, I hate lyric fags. I hate that people let words ruin the music they’re being layered over.

Lmao I've never heard a more pretentious sounding twat. Music doesn't need a fucking theme for it to be good. You're probably some edgy cunt who can only listen to a tune if it has lyrics about depression.

Ding ding ding
Thanks a lot Morrissey for giving license to fuckheads everywhere to act like this

>Brother Ali
>White
He is albino, in other words a pale nigger. He isn't "white" because skin color doesn't define race

Attached: Thando-Hopa-3--896x600.jpg (896x600, 39K)

amazing that you're old enough to type and still this much of a cunt

he is of white (european) ancestry. you are an asshole. fuck (You), idiot.

For one the way it sounds is important and shit from this era is very chill either A Tribe Called Quest or The Pharcyde are my go-tos. Second, what the fuck are you on about? Thats like when black people say shit like "you cant understand", yes im not black so I dont have a 1st hand experience and I never will BUT im not an idiot if you tell me a story I can comprehend it.

Because the basslines are sick.

Especially not racially conscious black people. SJW's are astonishing.

OP is a faggot

>they know that race is a social construct
everyone in native tongues or any other afrocentric rap group would strongly disagree :)

Attached: hqdefault-3.jpg (480x360, 13K)

how can you say Madvillainy is the only good hiphop record when you've clearly only heard like 5 of them

what am i missing? I really wanna like it, it just feels so bare bones to me. I can understand that nothing sounded like it at the time and the performances are good but it's just not enough for me

Rap is a novelty genre, one of it's main qualities is innovation in production. Once a sound or style is old and outdated, the song/album loses all novelty value and loses its appeal entirely.

He is still a Nigger tho. He also has African ancestry. He is probably Blacker than Colin Kaepernick, and for sure Blacker Shaun King lmao

Also American Niggers are on average 20% white European as a whole

Do you even listen to Brother Ali? It's obvious he is just a nigger with vanilla on his face

I can understand that. Try listening to Blowout Comb by Digable Planets

yes, and this is why hiphop albums from the 80s and 90s, "outdated" production and all, continue to influence artists and hold value for many listeners today

>and this is why hiphop albums from the 80s and 90s, "outdated" production and all,
They actually do, no matter how passive aggressive you get.

Retard

he's unironically right, though. 90's rap just sounds goofy and makes me feel uncomfortable. like watching an extraordinarily dumb kid trying to read out loud.
>clunky beat
>ayo it'z da abztrakt ztylez when we be wryting trak namez like diz yo
>handz in dee air yall
>"i do x like mah name wuz y" comparisons
>b-boy stance yo

Tribe is like the whitest rap group ever. They're mostly listened to by hippies.