Aphex Twin

Is there any electronic producer who even comes close to this guy?

Attached: 1C63D725-4A7D-4D4B-B411-27B1E1AC2212.jpg (343x147, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J_pQVEfVF0M
youtube.com/watch?v=aOrCRI6BGmg
youtube.com/watch?v=F2L8dCcv6Io
youtube.com/watch?v=s6m39VwzfWg
instaud.io/3u1p
youtube.com/watch?v=pAZo7x83it4
youtube.com/watch?v=tZuwiGo3hS8
youtube.com/watch?v=nWnUuosQwZY
youtube.com/watch?v=EnZzE89Qn7w
youtube.com/watch?v=efIG4cwQtn8
youtube.com/watch?v=kekwQdMG3QU
youtube.com/watch?v=138ajKRMzIY
youtube.com/watch?v=_l7amhjI-Sk
youtube.com/watch?v=7pxW5GOasUw
youtu.be/4sk0uDbM5lc
youtu.be/2-xUqrA_F7s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Trent Reznor
Industrial is electronic

No

yes

Attached: legowelt-interview-2013-title.jpg (1200x637, 151K)

BoC, Autechre

this.

Squarepusher, Clark

mika vainio

Depends what you want. Electronic music is a massive wide open area of music. In terms of stuff that's somehow similar to his, he's the best. He's the genius of this era basically. But of course there's loads of stuff that may be more exciting to you depending on what you want.

ironic? He's awful

Squarepusher is the best drum programmer of all time but his music has sucked complete ass since Ultravisitor. Clark sucks IMO. Good producer, bad composer.

>Squarepusher is the best drum programmer of all time
Venetian Snares

it’s burial.

Obviously.

Begone pleb.

Attached: 0879C07C-F82F-418A-9B26-6A105B37C862.jpg (836x656, 322K)

eh, Squarepusher is better IMO. I was a big vsnares fan for a long time but he only has two good albums really and in the end what he does is not as impressive as something like Greenways Trajectory. I guarantee if you set out today to learn each style you could make passable vsnares beats way faster than something like Greenways. Also the fact that that Go Plastic was done on a Yamaha hardware sequencer makes it even more absurd.

Oblivious tourist or ironic? Garage beats are dead simple.

plugin barf is not only not good music, it's not impressive either if you know how it's done

>Legowelt
>awful
what, no, his dance stuff is amazing

youtube.com/watch?v=J_pQVEfVF0M
youtube.com/watch?v=aOrCRI6BGmg
youtube.com/watch?v=F2L8dCcv6Io

lifeless kitsch

I don't agree with him but garage drums aren't 'dead simple'

Amon Tobin

let me hear you recreate a sophie rubber sound my man

a good garage beat is pretty hard

They are. Do you make electronic music? Garage beats (Burial's style in particular) are just minimal repetitive sequences. It's less simple than boom bap hip hop I guess. But programming 4 bars of MIDI with basically the same rhythm over and over again is not anywhere near "complex" in the context of what's out there.

>lifeless
Have you even listened to those tracks lol

maybe you could make the argument for some of his album material, but his best work is by far on his EPs

explain how you think those sounds are made and i'll tell you why you're wrong and it's 200x more simple than you think

i get the impression you've been producing for a little bit, but not a ton yet. one day you'll realize that complexity and difficulty aren't correlated at all. that was an important milestone for me. good luck

those two albums being...?

yes i do make electronic music. let me hear your 'burial drums' bro

Some of his ambient music is amazing too, such as this:
youtube.com/watch?v=s6m39VwzfWg

I have no idea how they are made. Reveal it to me master (post an example preferably)

No

In the past, it was Kraftwerk

mfw reading this thread

Attached: file.png (687x377, 351K)

LOL, this is like the electronic music version of the "psh... fast players suck... slow blues with bending has more SOULLLLLL mannnnnnnn" guitarist cope. Complexity and difficulty are absolutely correlated both in terms of sound design and composition.

timestamp a vid with the exact sound you're talking about

Not even close. Listened to other "IDM" and ambient techno, specifically

Bola, Jega, Abfahrt Hinwil, Ambulance, VHS Head, Unit Moebius, Tokyo Bloodworm, The Void Pointers, The Fear Ratio, Team Doyobi, Funckarma, North Manc Beds, Funkstorung, Gimmik, Bataille Solaire, CN, Digitonal, Ekman, Lego Feet, Autechre, Legowelt, Miles Tilmann, Multiplex, Nav Katze, Igorr, µ-Ziq, NHK Yx, Num Num, BoC, Plant 43, Poborsk, Quinoline Yellow, Posthuman, String Theory, Tattamax, B12, Plaid, LFO, Freeform, Red Snapper, Mike Ink, Etc

and they all fucking blew compared to Aphex Twin. I've listen to at least one release by every act above. Worst offenders were LFO, CN, and Hinwil by far. None of them even come close and it angers me so much knowing that I spoiled a whole subgenre of electronica for myself. I have yet to find a real alternative.

Attached: 1553888949566.png (583x482, 119K)

Obscure doesn't mean good

Sounds more like you're the one that's coping, most of the biggest and beloved artists make simple ass music

yeah I've learned that it means the exact opposite in my case

yeah there are many that are as good as him:
Aphex Twin
AFX
Caustic Window
Polygon Window
Bradley Strider
The Dice Man
GAK
Power-Pill
Q-Chastic
Soit-P.P.
Blue Calx
Analord
The Tuss
The Universal Indicator
Brian Tregaskin
Karen Tregaskin
Martin Tressider
PBoD
Smojphace
user48736353001

Depends what it is you like about Aphex's music but the good Squarepusher albums are the only material that really goes in the same emotional territory as the RDJ album and other releases around that time. I agree it's very disappointing there's not more stuff that scratches the same itch.

>autism

Attached: 1501883453280.png (248x454, 160K)

good meme

And their music is easy to make. You're now conflating "good" with difficult. The discussion was about whether some kinds of beats are difficult to make. Complexity absolutely correlates with difficulty. Changing the subject to "well that stuff isn't good, simple stuff is good" is a non-sequitur, even if I agree with you in many cases.

based

you defeated me

Richard is the Rod Modell of IDM

I refuse to believe this is true.

Not a single one of them were any good?

ITT: circlejerk of Yea Forumscore idiots

praising this joke of a musician whose most electronic tracks are utter garbage in current year only shows how much this place is being corroded by teenage gamers. that's incredibly sad, because most of you probably won't ever find anything worthwhile besides accidentally stumbling on autechre on another Yea Forumscore chart or something. your lives are a waste, don't reply and log off

2/10
try harder next time

bump

Hey, I'm not who you were talking to but I'm interested. Can you give me any general tips of how to get those sounds? I don't want the whole answer, just a clue.

Depends on who you are and what you're into. Aphex Twin is a flavor of music, a flavor I love but not the only flavor that exists. Personally, I've been listening to a lot of Iglooghost, Bjork, DyE and very sparingly Jlin. They're all different flavors and it's a good thing.

That and Aphex Twin...
>is super autist
>has had years of exposure to music before he made his own at like 12
>had access to a shitload of drugs
>has a really well controlled attention span

etc. He has advantages that make him as good as he is.

Also a lot of his stuff is algorithmic or heavily uses elements of that if not full on tracks composed that way, even Syro and Collapse have stuff going on that heavily implies algorithms. And that's not a bad thing but it does lead to results that humans wouldnn't really have thought of.

he's a fucking blagger

I'm not that user but what sound exactly? Give a reference from a song I can listen to

>Also a lot of his stuff is algorithmic
No evidence of that. And Drukqs (by far his most complex work) was done entirely in a tracker.

The plastic sound at the start of this, it happens at a few other points in the track as well. I'm not necessarily interested in recreating that sound, more learning how to make things that rubbery and plasticy.

instaud.io/3u1p

This is about as close as I've gotten, it's still way off but it's sort of hitting that general area? I'm sure it isn't actually hard, it's probably just some really specific settings.

He used a bunch of Max/MSP and one of the lines in Taking Control is literally "dynamically switching sounds during a sequence". But he's also said that he has written software to write music and his naming conventions, especially Syro, really do suggest that. Maybe it's all an act though but I doubt it.

By the way, thats not a dig at him. The kind of stuff he does lends itself really well to algorithmic generation. I love Drukqs a lot. It'd be stupid not to use algorithms to generate music, maybe that somehow invalidates it for you but it doesn't for me.

Could have been done in lots of ways. Whatever way it was done specifically, what's happening audibly is a sound being retriggered extremely fast and the speed of the retriggering going up and down (this is what causes the pitch to drop in the first second or so of the clip, and to go up and down throughout). The little "pings" here and there are the retrigering of the sound going down below audio rates so you hear the individual sound instead of hearing the retriggered sound as a pitch. You could do this with a basic sampler plugin or any kind of synth via really detailed MIDI (or an arpeggiator that can go at very high rates), or you could do it with any kind of basic "granular" sampler plugin/software/device. It was probably done with a granular plugin because you can hear a couple pings in the middle there that are reversed, which would be much easier to do with a granular sampling device than a synth.

you mean 54 cymru beats not taking control right

I don't take it as a dig at him I just don't think it's true and I've never read anything to suggest that it;s true or heard anything in his music that would make me think he does things that way, except maybe some very basic stochastic MIDI in some acid tracks or something. He used to say he wrote "software" for his tracks, I always took that to mean he wrote some messed up DSP devices, because you can hear that kind of thing all over his early stuff. Drukqs was done entirely in a tracker:
youtube.com/watch?v=pAZo7x83it4

What about the name Syro suggests algo?

Thanks, that's actually really interesting to know, I'll have to try stuff like that sometime.

Yes, my bad.. Fake gamer girl alert.
I actually just haven't listened to drukqs in a while, it all blurs together

Fennesz
Ryuichi Sakamoto
Alva Noto
Ryoji Ikeda
Mika Vainio
Ricardo Villalobos
Basic Channel
Autechre
The list goes on and on

Oh yeah, I have no doubt that he directly wrote the vast majority, I just think that in some parts it sounds like they were generated, maybe even very lightly. When you have drums going at that speed, the actual hits themselves don't matter as much because the whole point is to be really fast and overwhelming. But I could be wrong, idk.

As for Syro, its not the name Syro that suggests that, it's the names of the tracks. The tracks have a general word, a bpm and usually some numbers. The bpms are also weird, like the track CIRCLONT14 which has a bpm of 157.97 if the rest of the title is to be believed. That's such an arbitrary bpm, like why would you choose that? I don't think Richard is doing some magical sacred geometry shit, realistically there's no actual reason to not just have that track at 158bpm. I don't believe that any human would be able to tell the difference. I think it's more likely that that was simply the bpm the algorithm spat out. As for the numbers, they could represent iterations, like XMAS_EVET10 could be the tenth iteration of that algorithm. It could also not be but given the rest of the evidence, I think that's likely.

> I always took that to mean he wrote some messed up DSP devices
Also, he says that he wrote software to write music for him. Not software to use to make music or weird custom processing, which I'm sure there was plenty of. But specifically that the software was written to make music for him.

>why 157.97 bpm
Because the Cirklon sequencer has tap tempo.

Oh. I didn't know that at all. I'm mostly likely wrong about that then yeah. But I still think some of his stuff is generated based on the other shit, which I'll admit is pretty weak.

How the fuck is this thread this long without any mention of Liam Howlett is beyond reason. I guess Yea Forums is full of idiots today.

Liam Howlett is the only one who's the true king in the domain of music production. All respect due to producers like Aphex, Reznor, Amon Tobin, Squarepusher, Autechre, etc., but Howlett takes the cake for implementation of cultured structure, which makes him better than any other active composer today.

Have a good day, and don't forget to do your homework studying Howlett's works, the one true Beethoven of our era.
Fags.

Attached: 55613056_2238146582909511_3119041671677870080_o.jpg (1440x1058, 293K)

I'm 99% sure Drukqs is completely hand sequenced. The video he released recently of Vordhosbn playing in a tracker is evidence of this.
Plus I can't see any advantage of using algorithmic composition for very precisely composed music like Drukqs. It'd be more effort than it's worth when you can just program in all the details yourself and have complete control.

Howlett lost it completely after the 90s

>he didin't like B12
baka

Attached: Brainlet_cc06fd_6615771.png (1200x1042, 247K)

>evet10
version 10. He probably saves multiple versions. He's released alternate versions of various tracks so it makes sense.

When you look at his contemporaries they all fall short to his sense of texture and melody imo. Squarepusher, Venetian Snares, Autechre. All obviously very technically skilled, but they lack the "it" factor aphex's music has. Part of that being that I think Aphex's music is mixed with more warmth so it's more pleasing to the ear. A subtle difference, but it sets him apart along with the aforementioned factors.

Then I don't think you actually listened to post 90s Howlett. Listen to these and you'll see you had a prejudice: Thunder, Take Me to the Hospital, Wild Frontier, Destroy, Timebomb Zone, Light Up the Sky. Cheers, fren.
Nice arguments you've got there, idiot.

Also, their live shows blew anything else out of the water, be it electronic or rock.
youtube.com/watch?v=tZuwiGo3hS8

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 302K)

Attached: serveimage.jpg (5545x3697, 3.12M)

>people still think this guy algorithmically generates his music

use a tracker for a few days and you will instantly realize how he made Druqks. Intuition and songwriting ability made him an amazing musician, not some whimsical technological superpower

>muh epic live shows
has nothing to do with the music itself, especially not with it's production. every show of popular edm artists is equally overblown. whats your point?

Typical contrarian retarded who only listened to SAW.
And lmao with autechre

Aphex twin is a talentless hack, his fans are autistic underage virgins with no lives

samefag

DJ Nigga Fox is the only true contender to Aphex

Attached: 1553634918946s.jpg (250x210, 5K)

Lol what a fucking idiot

whitearmor

Attached: a.jpg (400x400, 38K)

Which clark albums have you listened to? Some of his stuff can get pretty repetitive like turning dragon or totems flare, but the production values on those albums kind of makes up for it for me. Clarence Park, Iradelphic, and Body Riddle are probably his top albums for me (definitely listen to body riddle if you havent)

I've listened to all of it at least once, though that was a while back, because I like the production and I like a couple tracks on Body Riddle. His tunes just don't do it for me. Herr Barr is my favorite track of his.

based and drainpilled

Fuck man hope you didnt infect me

too underrated

Fair enough question, I was digressing when I mentioned the live shows, hence the "Also".
But I don't agree with you when you say every show of popular edm is equally overblown. Nothing compares to The Prodigy, and you'll find that even though they are well known they aren't appealing to mainstream; becoming known to plebs is just a secondary consequence of the music quality.

Aphex is good, as are the other artists I mentioned here and respect is due to them all for their work but Liam takes the throne due to the sophisticated structure of his songs which is easy to overlook by an untrained ear. Soundwise we can agree both Liam and Richard are fantastic, but Liam has much more massive beats and sophisticated beats than Richard, hands down. There's more energy in the music of The Prodigy as opposed to Aphex.
Finally, Richard explores sound graciously but that isn't providing an "individual character" for a song, it's just exploring and then leaving the scene to see another scene. Liam materializes individual musical organisms complete in themselves, every song has a personal character distinct from the others.
Liam's songs are autotelic, Richard's songs are not. By that difference Liam is number one.

Attached: 20150424-prodigy-interview-640x426.jpg (640x426, 53K)

Nicolas Jaar

Attached: matanza.jpg (227x222, 7K)

What does that even mean?

SAW is his only decent release and that's only because he's been ripping off the blacks (who were not only more intelligent but also superior musicians) on it for the most part, on later releases he's released like what, 6 good electronic tracks? the rest is mostly really bad and sucks in that one specific way that only his music can suck. there's some really good techno out there, there is also really good idm beleive it or not. any appreciation for him stems from pure rockism and nothing else and if you genuinely enjoy his music then there's no reason for anyone actually listening to this stuff to take you seriously whatsoever. and yeah, autechre were one of the only good artists to be released on warp in the 90s alongside what, richie hawtin? kenny larkin? stereolab had a release on there too. maybe also add broadcast to that list. that's literally it. you don't know shit about music, seriously don't reply this time, log off and don't come back shithead

>Worst offenders were LFO

Attached: 1534974373482.png (492x493, 418K)

BT
James Zabiela
Gesaffelstein
Trentmoeller
Amon Tobin
Nero

There are a few bouncing around that match or exceed Aphex Twin, but none of them are quite as weird as he is. He's definitely unique.

>insisting that afx sucks
>claiming black people are more intelligent, which defies all scientific study results in iq distribution among race research
>muh "rockism"
>log off from this anonymous shitposting website
im gonna have to change my rating from 2/10 to 0/10

Spring Heel Jack

the prodigy is such fucking garbage that it almost makes me want to take back every insult I've ever directed RDJ (it still doesn't). fuck off with this braindead aural diarrhea for lowlives of yours, for real

>replying to an user that posted "he's been ripping off the blacks (who were not only more intelligent but also superior musicians)" in the first sentence

Attached: 1536176234670.jpg (540x936, 154K)

(You)

I thought I said don't reply you kitsch mongering shithead, stop replying, I don't care about what you have to say and it's going to be stupid

Anybody else seeing him in April? I snagged a ticket to his Brooklyn show and I'm fucking pumped.

he is pleb-tier. autistic clicking for autists. I odnt think you can enjoy his "music" unless you are on ritalin.

(You)

>Abfahrt Hinwil
>bad
Fuck you.

right on brother \m/ d(-_ -)b \m/

Debate me, nigger. I am unprejudiced enough to consider your counter arguments, of which you have none.

There is no one better composer in the current year than Liam. Aphex is close to the top as well, though not as good as Liam per total.
If you want to convice me of anything you'll have to argument your point instead of poorly insulting left and right as you do with the other participants to this thread.

Get real or get lost.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 16K)

Reznor does industrial apex does ambient.

Both are talented though.

Boards of Canada has some good ambient stuff but i was on a lot of acid so idk. Could be shit. Show was cool though

>autistic clicking
youtube.com/watch?v=nWnUuosQwZY

Your taste is garbage.
Prove me wrong

Lorn has a couple interesting songs.

did you really have to quote all those posts or are you purposefully trying to shit up the thread

i love the production on bjork's songs, mark bell, nellee hooper and howie b etc
youtube.com/watch?v=EnZzE89Qn7w
youtube.com/watch?v=efIG4cwQtn8
youtube.com/watch?v=kekwQdMG3QU

Anyone who said there isn't anyone who is on his level is wrong.

Anyone who said his music is trash deserves the noose

Sorry mate, in that post I was conveying the fact that Yea Forums should've known better and a thread like this one shouldn't have gone so long without any mention of Liam Howlett.
That is the way I have reprimanded Yea Forums for that mistake not to be made again. Cheers, fren.

Attached: prodigy1header.l.jpg (495x664, 142K)

how do i into legowelt?

Nightwind Records NW001. The first Occult Orientated Crime album on Nightwind Records. Extremely trippy PRO ambient not just some jumbled up random chiliwave overcompressed 80s retro soggy biscuit jerkoff --- this is PROFESSIONAL AMBIENT - 100% psychedelic drug music with perfectly finetuned selected frequencies to alter your state of mind and take you to complete loss of subjective self-identity: the result of years of experimentation and research.

this is some of the best text i've ever read, but I just can't seem to get deep into any of his stuff

The night Aphex Twin won at the Grammys, he went up on stage to deliver his speech.
At one point he said, "God sent me on Earth to make music".
Suddenly, Autechre stood up from his seat and replied: "No, I didn't".
Everybody started clapping and cheering; Richard was later kicked out of the venue and taken off his own label.

Attached: autechre standing by the ocean.jpg (1200x900, 674K)

>filename
>by the ocean

Basically everyone these days. People get stuck in the Rephlex vortex and lose track of how it all sounds exactly the same. Aphex Twin is just some hats in a soundcloud producer's toolbox.
You guys wanna be part of the "we don't gotta explain shit" crowd? Well maybe others will start explaining some shit then.

The Aphex Twin logo is the silhouette of a little hunched man with a big head and a erect phallus protruding out of the bend in the "waist."
Furthermore, Aphex Twin is clearly a group with a revolving roster. And apparently some of the DSP talent left in the mid 00s, not to mention drums.

Attached: 1552966693601.jpg (2058x1118, 121K)

his mane? albert einstein

(fed up with you cunts)

>BoC
lol

name*

Beatwife comes to mind.
Whatever happened to that guy anyway?

Attached: cba2.jpg (500x500, 287K)

Attached: manwithtestesandpenis.jpg (600x600, 23K)

John Lennon made electronic music?

CEEEEEEEPHAX

Attached: jpgQ4G2015021919-650x487.jpg (650x487, 73K)

Oh and way to beat Warp. You really showed them.

this is better than anything aphex ever did

Attached: 76.jpg (1000x1000, 176K)

>ceephax starts out overshadowed by his brother squarepusher
>as time goes, tom starts rehashing more and more, ends up making old men dubstep and playing in a cover band, recording new music only occasionally
>today ceephax makes far more interesting content than his successful brother, despite it sounding like 80s crap + has vidya game gf
He ultimately wins

i love his aesthetic youtube.com/watch?v=138ajKRMzIY

Attached: 796653442.jpg (391x332, 74K)

Innocent people are getting fucked by a dick with your logo on it, and you don't care.

nice

and what is it?

Attached: 1553645176283.png (680x544, 260K)

where's that from?

Tom keeps taking his music too seriously. Andy is just here for laughs which results in better music.

If you can't tell just from the font and outdated styling, you don't deserve to know

grimes lol

so when is Yea Forums going to recognize koan as one of the greatest in sound design
nevermind the fact it's actually engaging and interesting to listen to

photoshopping rob out for the memes is just mean

Aphex Twin never liked the term "IDM" because they understood it doesn't take intelligence to loop basic drum samples and a tri wave with reverb for 6 or 7 minutes

looks like i was spot on in my analysis. anyway, it's extremely easy for me to write a very bad fugue, albeit time consuming. it's extremely hard (well, relatively) for me to write a good garage, house, or techno tune, though these styles are simpler in their execution.

could give an argument as to why aphex twin is the best artist of our generation but just listen to collapse ep, if you still dont get it you are low iq. No one is doing this music at this level today and at this point you simply cant beat him because hes rich and has tons of high level gear.

This is all subjective, and you can like whatever you want. But if we were to divvy beats into 'sophisticated' and 'non-sophisticated', how do you figure that Prodigy's are 'smarter' than AFX?

pretentious garbage

DJ Funk could shit in a mic and it would be better than any new AFX, because he was a real artist who understood human condition. stick to sports and science if you think this garbage is of any worth. most people have no idea what makes music good or not. appreciating art on a deeper level requires high levels of sensitivity, just accept that it wasn't meant for you

I agree with this user.

(You)

his review of drukqs is embarrassing

Attached: Capture.png (350x497, 43K)

Go to bed Sean

He still releases music as Rognvald

exactly this. With aphex I feel a presence throughout every track. I just know it's him, especially in his melodic tracks. You can feel his personality, or soul, or whatever you wanna call it. It's almost like a telepathic experience at times. That's how good he is.

I love that album, but no. Aphex has made stuff that blew my mind way more than anything on gc

>they
opinion diregarded

Attached: afxsunglasskek.jpg (500x500, 43K)

*s
fml (writing on auto cause I'm not a fucking

Nobody's buying it anymore, and I for one am done being condescended to. I just wanted to enjoy some fucking music.
And I'm going to say some shit plenty of people are apparently thinking -- or at least they should be thinking it:

PSA: Stop helping Chaotes "gush." That is your loosh. Not theirs.

Attached: mommy.png (600x600, 108K)

Attached: a2068257226_10.jpg (1200x1200, 353K)

LONE is really good

Also Kruder and Dorfmeister are great

pilotredsuns pretty based

Attached: pilotredsun.png (1920x1080, 2.87M)

This fucking guy

Attached: 46659FD8-9CAA-4B4C-BD68-27FE9F446365.jpg (400x400, 46K)

LOL

/thread

At least you got Funkstorung and Plaid right

achievement 2 when? i want ipalien

Ive been listening to an hour long version of Rhubarb a lot recently

>Worst offenders were LFO

Attached: 1547305895514.jpg (200x199, 10K)

>people in this thread can't see Squarepusher has the superior ear.

youtube.com/watch?v=_l7amhjI-Sk

Attached: B1NwNuKr1US._SL1000_.png.jpg (1000x750, 71K)

plenty surpass him

the more 90s dance music you hear the more you realize hes absolutely right

that first track is embarrassing, honestly sounds like the kind of thing you should never release to the public.

Culprate. Not as good, but definitely one of the best producers ever. Deliverance is out of this world.

Attached: a0880464729_5.jpg (700x700, 272K)

I have to agree with this

Never thought I'd ever see culprate mentioned on this board lmao

Thanks for giving me something to listen to tonight

idk maybe not he's pretty good but what I do know is that no one comes close to aphex twin in terms of autistic mouthbreather cultist superfans

Culprate and Aphex are phenomenal. Also, hello fellow Culprate fan!

Post electronic music played with live instruments

youtube.com/watch?v=7pxW5GOasUw

no, this shit is cringe. It's like white girls doing slow acoustic guitar versions of hip hop songs.

bumpety, wanna lose my sunday on this thread but gotta sleep now

keep it bumped

>It's like white girls doing slow acoustic guitar versions of hip hop songs.
Links?

So many brainlet acts mentioned, but not my boy Jon Hopkins. Organic textures and genuinely spiritual moments between throbbing, stumbling beats.

I've seen a few folk like RDJ and Autechre live, but it was nothing like Jon Hopkins.

youtu.be/4sk0uDbM5lc

youtu.be/2-xUqrA_F7s

Attached: jon-hopkins-in-the-studio.jpg (3661x2439, 1.34M)