True?

true?

Attached: 1553888070598.jpg (1170x840, 104K)

Definitely exists a correlation but I cannot say this is true alone considering the widespread appeal now of anime.

kind of true but japan does a whole lot of very cool and unique stuff musically regardless

Yee but also japanese people truly put an amazing spin on western things like hardcore punk for example

>Boring album
>Boring album except it's made in Japan

I'm a 6 ft 4' chad and love anime. I would crush u, u little bitch boy piece of shit. I like Eva, Gundam, Appleseed, Ghost in the Shell, Serial Experiment Lain, texhnolyze, Ergo Proxy, Psycho Pass, Burst Angel, Code Geass, Level E and Black Lagoon just 2 name a few of my favorites. I WOULD DESTROY YOU IN A IRL FIGHT.

Japan is weird cause they're like 10-15 years behind the West in terms of music while also being innovative and unique.

nah it's just the majority of music we hear about from japam is stand out in some way or another, but if you actually consume a lot of Japanese media you'll find plenty of mediocre material

How would you know

>>>>>>>>>>>>>niggas really out here thinking creativity works under some hegelian notion of progress

wew lad I bet you unironically listen to Yea Forumscore too

it does happen that a lot of s0ilent drinkers are subconsciously weeaboos, but I think it stems more from a perceived novelty in things that come from a foreign culture. Japan is a first world country that produces a huge amount of media, while maintaining (often superficially) aspects of its non-western culture, creating a magnet for novelty-seeking s0isuckers. But s0iboys are attracted to tropicalia, slavic post-punk, and afrobeat for the same reasons.

I didn't say that. Just that they're only recently getting into emo and metalcore and dubstep and shit that was hot 10+ years ago - but they manage to put their own twist on it and improve on it.

I can't tell you

Attached: 1553022943006.jpg (720x864, 196K)

Literally the only reason lots of people like Ryo Fukui
Fishmans to a lesser extent, but they're actually good

You clearly said they were behind. What does that even mean? You mean that there's people there who like something beyond the marketing and promotional schedule of WMG and it persists due to how creative circles, patronage and promotion works there? The only reason why things get popular is because they're marketed, that's it. You can't much get into what you think you'll like if you never hear about it.

'behind' what a fucking dunce term, mass marketing has really fucked people up.

Based

>You clearly said they were behind. What does that even mean?
I've already explained it clearly, that what's popular over there now was popular in the US a decade ago. I never said that was a bad thing, just that it's a thing. calm down.

Yea Forums is very much like this too
and they pretend they're not the "weeb" type of japanese appreciators and reject the popular artists yet they circle jerk over the same exact artists thus being popular for the contrarian crowd

The point is, it's not mainstream but it's popular among your type, and you are still a fucking weeb, do you think you can escape the label so disingenuously?

i always have a laugh when i see people here post "city pop thread" or "80s jpop thread" with Mariya Takeuchi or some jdisco original that was part of some later popular vaporwave derivative in the OP. the threads die so fast because no one wants to talk about that trite garbage.
oh and the Haru Nemuri waifufags who overrate her mediocrity

Attached: 1428111274686.jpg (3264x2448, 917K)

4channel was originally a otaku site

>Fucking love Fishmans
>Find 90% of all other dreampop/similar sounding western bands obnoxious

>they're like 10-15 years behind the West
..That's not unique to Japan. Many countries even in Europe are like this.

>10-15 years behind the West in terms of music
you mean this kind of stuff lol?

Attached: 5c5c6d47eb3ce808fe288019-750-563.jpg (750x563, 73K)