This album is pretty good, but I feel like most anons here praise it to be contrarian because MPP is leagues above it

This album is pretty good, but I feel like most anons here praise it to be contrarian because MPP is leagues above it

Attached: 720BBF37-ECC8-41C0-953F-06DFCD2E5B0B.png (600x600, 830K)

>MPP is leagues above it
No it isnt, if any non MPP album compares to Spirits, it’s Sungtongs, HCTI, or Feels. MPP was the beginning of the end

>MPP was the beginning of the end
damn... i never thought about it that way... atleast they went out with a blast

Least we got Deak

Stawberry Jam < Sprits there gone < mpp < everything else

>MPP was the beginning of the end
damn.......

I genuinely enjoy Danse manatee, what does this say about me as a person?

Mpp is a glorious send off to the previous sounds of freak folk but spirits is simply more innovative and vital. Compare the themes of fatherhood on mpp to the youthful pure energy of spirits. While mpp is certainly passionate and Ernest, Spirits goes beyond that into crushingly intense

fpbp

Spirit is just so much more interesting and emotionally charged than MPP. Alvin Row genuinely almost makes me cry every time I hear it. My Girls is the best track on MPP, and it's good, but it's nothing compared to half the tracks on Spirit

spirit they've gone spirit they've vanished is the only good animal collective album

plen

You all forgot BEST album of AnCo.
It's Feels for sure!

Never heard an album anything like STGSTV. Really a work of genius, but it’s a young man’s album so to speak. That doesn’t diminish it in the slightest.

Nothing you faggot. Get over yourself.

centipede hz is alright though... But yeah, the songwriting on new AnCo is basically non existent compared to their earlier discog. Just loop some lush slightly weird sound for 5-6 minutes

top tier:
-STGSTV
-Sung Tongs

high tier:
-Strawberry Jam
-here comes the indian

mid tier:
-Feels
-Campfire songs
-MPP
-Hollindagain

low tier:
-danse manatee
-Chz

shit tier:
-painting with

inb4 that retard who thinks danse/spirit are the same because they have similar sounds and ignores the melodies/song writing being shit on danse compared to spirit

I feel like an outcast for barely listening to their things before Sung Tongs. I never found it bad but I just rather listen to their later stuff. Guess im also a degenerate for loving PW.

Would kindly remind everyone COWS is Avey's best work of all time

Attached: COWS_.jpg (400x400, 174K)

You’re not an outcast, you’re just a pleb

>Le contrarian meme
HURR DURR people only like stuff on Yea Forums to gaslight me or piss me off.

>outcast on Yea Forums
None of us here are actually friends, enemies, or even a real social clique. You literally cannot be an outcast here (unless you're a tripfag). You'll just get called a pleb now and again, it really shouldn't bother you. Just express opinions and ideas you want to express and maybe through the piles of shit you'll wade through here you'll get a few (you)s that you like, and might read a post that introduces you to something interesting.

MPP is mediocre and Jam trumps both of them

their solo records have been pretty consistent, though.

a few years back i was talking about anco with nicolas jaar, and his theory was that around mpp, they all started to drift off into their proper adult/family lives, each respectively being anchored in very disparate locations geographically.

as a result, they're just less connected-- their lives less entwined, and that's going to have an effect on how effectively you can create art as a unit.

And that's fine, honestly I think as individual artists they still have plenty of potential...people just need to stop prioritizing their releases as a collective over their releases as individuals.

Avey's last album was lovely and felt like a proper anco release.