When we all fall asleep thread

New Billie album just dropped. General discussion.

Attached: FFE1E3CF-9770-4603-AACC-F812B74A002A.png (220x220, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nme.com/reviews/album/billie-eilish-album-review-when-we-all-fall-asleep-where-do-we-go
stereogum.com/2037018/billie-eilish-album-review/franchises/the-week-in-pop/?fbclid=IwAR0Bw8wrX50QCsCQ2-YA9KcDRqfrPFgqf9q1flT_NKTStkJB6ahQKeasVSg
youtube.com/watch?v=YDr4ITrp7YI
youtube.com/watch?v=6I_4sB9EHdk
youtu.be/YKqxG09wlIA
youtube.com/watch?v=DyDfgMOUjCI
youtube.com/watch?v=NAj8suae3WY
youtu.be/J6Oh29fe9l0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

brapt

frrrrraaaaaapraprapraprapraprap

frrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrpppppppppppptfffffffffffft

Brrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaap

brabrabrabraaaaaaaaaapppppppppbooppp

brbrbrbrbrbrbraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaapppppppptgfth

Attached: 1516042193483.jpg (1818x1228, 1.75M)

Listened to this album the minute it dropped just to review it.

Here's my review.

What I expected: Lorde-esque vocals over SGP or BONES-style beats (don't laugh).

What I got: second-hand Ultraviolence-era Lana.

Xanny and You Should See Me In a Crown were the only good songs I'd choose to listen to. The rest were either boring as fuck or trash.

Billie really, really needs to improve her singing so she can branch out as an artist.

BRAAAAAPAPAPAPAPPAPAP BRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

Nigger cum guzzler

fuck off

JIZZ BOSS
MAKE HER DRINK THE CUM SAUCE
BRING HER ASS TO MY WORLD
BUT THIS MIGHT HAVE HER ASS LOST

Attached: 88909324.png (1235x232, 135K)

fuck off lmao

Teen substancelessness the album. Just standard pop trying to come off as a little more edgy.

This album is actually awful, I couldn't listen to more than half. Trying to push out some breathy vocals a la Lorde, Lana, etc. in this day and age just doesn't fucking work anymore. Beats and production are lazy, repetitive, and genuinely eye-rolling. Strong contender for WORST FUCKING ALBUM OF THE YEAR; it may be a bit early, but anyone else will have to genuinely fucking work to be worse than this heaping pile of dogshit.

You know the actual critics will lap it up though just because UMG is paying them all nice fat cheques.

>breathy vocals a la Lorde
o shit. knew this was ripping something off.

quite pungent my dear

I thought the exact same. production in xanny and you should see me in a crown was actually pretty unique.

Wow sure is INCEL in here

Best song on the album? For me its !!!!!!!

Oh yeah I'm already seeing Variety, Stereogum, and all the others are already praising her for one of the most rote and uninspired performances I've heard yet.

NME's already given it a perfect score, Pitchfork a 7.2, just shows that these sites are fucking detached from anything but the modern pop-industrial complex

>thank u, next
*blocks your path

Right? ilomilo had some of that in there too but her/her brother's songwriting is just so predictable it fails (rather than telling a story with vivid imagery they rely on stringing a bunch of nice-sounding sentences together without any coherency). The rest really does sound identical to Lana at her worst.

No it doesn't billie is her own unique voice stfu

Get a girlfriend, hater.
You must be a really low drug using piece of shit to hate a teenage girl.

>NME's already given it a perfect score, Pitchfork a 7.2,
Wow, that's just atrocious.

Bc it's great?

Holy FUCK, I can't even listen to music on YouTube without the algorithm recommending me this stupid album, and I don't listen to any pop or rap music at all. I literally only listen to post-punk, shoegaze, and metal. Why the fuck is YouTube forcing this album on me?

pay-O-la

UMG dumping big money so their industry plant can make them more dough

I work at a record store and literally Z E R O people have asked me anything about this album, but it's being promoted like crazy by music news outlets. It's fucking everywhere. Interscope even sent us some cardboard cut-out displays to hold the records.

Honest question: was there anything on this album which "WOW'd" you or gave you goosebumps or anything to that effect? Or is the entire album just as bland as the singles?

This is 20th time we've replicated Lorde, and we've become exceedingly good at it

>samples the office
Jesus man

Attached: 86166C04-47CB-452F-ABCF-14B77A8C0B2D.png (399x322, 42K)

Fucking same, dude. I've never heard a single Billie Eilish song. Not one. I just know her as that weird edgy thot from Yea Forums and I'm seeing this in my feed now.

I could listen to when the party’s over all day. Literally the perfect song.

sneed

>Lorde-esque vocals over SGP or BONES-style beats
Does anything like this actually exist?

Because zoomers stream all their music. CDs are for boomers.

What year are u living in that a record store still exist?

A lot of zoomers actually buy records, mate. You would be surprised.

Sometimes I honestly feel like I'm living in another decade. Our store still runs on paper too. We haven't upgraded to digital backup yet. Everything is documented on paper and stored in file cabinets.

holy shit its not bad

>7.2
>7.2
>7.2
>7.2
>7.2
>7.2

I get record stores for the sake of vinyls but why the fuck are cassettes making a comeback too?

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

Cassettes are just fun collectors items. Yeah, you can listen to them and they're portable and they sound okay-ish, but nobody listens to cassettes for the sound quality. They listen to them for the novelty. They're just cool.

Tape trading has always been a thing. It never went away. It was just underground. The world of tapes is a different world.

To be honest she sounds way more like Lana, and Lana at her worst at that. Lorde's vocals are very bold whereas Billie's sound like ASMR. That's probably why she's bringing Ultimate Man with her on tour, so he can wake her audience up.

Can we all agree this is one of Pitchfork's worst moments?

Did she say anything "deep" or "socially conscious" on the album AT ALL or was it just "look at how depressed I am" bullshit?

the lyrics dont even matter but the production on this is genuinely amazing

Anyone got the coffee gif?

Which should prove her brother is the true artist and Billie is just a figurehead.

better than this game changing album review

nme.com/reviews/album/billie-eilish-album-review-when-we-all-fall-asleep-where-do-we-go

I ask, because Billie is often portrayed in media outlets as some profound socially conscious voice, when her actual music and personality say otherwise.

I haven't listened to the album but I liked bury a friend well enough and you should see me in a crown was cool the first few times I heard it on FIFA should I listen to the album or nah. I don't care for her other stuff really

I listened to it. It sounds like pastel colours.

Must be all the payola.

yeah but more people will get to hear his amazing production with his edgy thot little sister as the figurehead than if he just released an instrumental album. Her vocals work nice anyways. It sucks that Yea Forums will pretend this is trash forever, because its a fantastic album

They're cheap as hell to make so a lot of underground artists like making them

the production is incredible.

but sad teenage vocals ruined it for me, too bad it's not an instrumental album.

This and this. Billie's vocals and juvenile lyrics are the worst things about her own album. Her brother's production is very, very slick.

>I like everything on this Billie Eilish album except for Billie Eilish
Fucking brutal lmao

But it's true! Look at all the previous posts comparing her vocals to Lana's, it's right on the mark.

I dont mind her vocals. They're really cute. She's 17 keep in mind, this is her first real project. If her brother can keep up the sick fucking production and she can improve her vocal range, they could turn into a very prolific duo

Mate, I agree with you. She's a talentless hack who relies on other people's money and fancy production without providing anything of substance, and the project as a whole would be better off without her. I just thought the way you worded it was funny lol

Fuck off, industry shill. You people make it so obvious with the way you word things. Nobody talks like this.

You could replace Billie in any one of her songs with another Lorde/Lana clone and you wouldn't miss anything.

when we all fall asleep... listening to this album!

homerun, chippah

this

Her voice is going downhill by the sounds of her recent performances. She can't hit the high notes nor can she belt. She's not terrible sure but she's certainly not an excellent vocalist.

Literally Lana Del Rey for soundcloud kids.

MELON WILL GIVE IT NO LOWER THAN AN 8/10.

Probably will be around 7-8. Fantano wants that zoomer audience very bad. The Ariana Grande review is an example.

NME and Pitchfork have already praised this piece of crap.

The NME review is embarrassing. Stereogum is on the wagon too.
stereogum.com/2037018/billie-eilish-album-review/franchises/the-week-in-pop/?fbclid=IwAR0Bw8wrX50QCsCQ2-YA9KcDRqfrPFgqf9q1flT_NKTStkJB6ahQKeasVSg

i dont understand why anyone would give the time of their day for this sorta music. Sorry but this is borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring

Lorde is the superior artist

What's the TL;DR?

If she was black Pitchfork would've given it a 10

"Eilish has always been a lot, and now she’s given us a lot to unpack. I’ve only had When We All Go To Sleep for about a day, and I’m nowhere near wrapping my head around What It All Means. I do feel confident about this much: The album will endure. It will be a touchstone for others the way Lana and Lorde and Tyler were touchstones for Eilish"

It still has a 2.87 score on RYM. The average score is 3.

Lana, Lorde, and Tyler - to their credit - had real personality behind them. Billie feels like nothing. I don't get what she's trying to convey. Everything she appears to be doing has already been done better.

why does her album cover go darker when you expand it? SPOOKY

!!!!!-fuck off and start the album
bad guy - quite like the beat until it switched to generic trap shit
Xanny - maybe it’s a grower nice piano her singing is very flat though
You should see me in a crown - pop shite
all the good girls go to hell - throwback 2000 pop shite
wish you were gay - generic
when the party’s over - okay piano ballad

Bad Guy and My Strange Addiction felt like her/her brother's sorry attempt at making bangers.

Agree for the most part it's def not the worst album of the year by a long shot. it's just very generic and kind of a slog of a listen

Xanny is anti-drug but yeah I don't see it either. It's not even "we-live-in-a-society"-tier.

Nigger fucker

But what about her music?

>SGP or BONES-style beats
I mean, you get a hint of that (distorted bass) on a few of the songs, but it's so benign it doesn't amount to much. Production overshadows her vocal abilities enough as it is.

based
does it matter its nothing special

This will never not make me cringe.
youtube.com/watch?v=YDr4ITrp7YI

Who else found it boring?

I'd laugh if Billie tried to sing her wispy little ASMR vocals over a beat this sick:

youtube.com/watch?v=6I_4sB9EHdk

Did she go platinum yet?

really sick production. reminds me of boards of canada on some tracks. even if her vocals are not the most unique and her lyrics are boring, i find it an enjoyable listen and there are even very cool moments of pop novelty on this project (xanny, you should see me in a crown). it is certainly not as offensive as Yea Forums would have you believe though i do understand the sentiment here. the label is so clearly dumping straight bags of cash into her as the next star and it is easy to call the album shit as a reaction to that fact.

7/10

Boring and inconsistent.

Her singing on xanny is dull and full on Lana clone.

U wot m8? Production is extremely good.

her whole schick seems choreographed

In i love you, there's a series of chords that make me think im listening to Hallelujah

8 - Meh it’s fine
My strange addiction - Fancy ripoff
Bury a friend - Black Skinhead ripoff
Ilomio - boring
listen before I go - yawn
I love you - boring
goodbye - another boring song fuck me

I checked this out because it's been so hyped.

Sounds like a Lorde clone doing a novelty Halloween album.

no thanks/10

You obviously haven’t checked out the new Logic album

Remember guys, any 4/4 drum pattern in 2019 is a rip off of le epic rapper god YEEZY!!!! YEEZY SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!

*poops on the street*

Hi Finneas

based retard

>listening to industry plants and thinking he wrote anything on this

yikes

shes the one with that pixies pop cover song?

>ASMR pop
We can't zoomers sing properly, yikes!

>100+ replies and no pictures of billie's plus sized milkers
You guys are faggers

more like when we all fall asleep listening to this album amirite guys

gotta wait for her next album when her record label makes her start dressing in women’s clothing so that instagram SLAY QUEEN faggots lose their shit over it

Truth.

Is this true?

please tell me there's alternate album art because that one sucks

Worst cover of the year for sure

You know, it’s actually not that bad. Maybe the zoomers are onto something.

she's so quirky!!!!

unfortunately yes

Yeah that sample that Michael Scarn episode like three times on the track My Strange Addiction

*they

Yikes

her voice and lyrics are legitimately bad. trying to rip off people ripping off Billie holiday and I'm actually offended.

youtu.be/YKqxG09wlIA

>ASMR pop

Be careful, she might get credit for inventing a new subgenre.

I am listening to WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE SO WE GO? by rising star artist Billie Eilish. Buy the album.

this shit slaps. for anyone that thought she didn't deserve her spot in the music industry: LOL at your life

Attached: 1552011381428.png (665x519, 272K)

True. Perfect album in every way. Can’t wait to purchase tickets to multiple shows for her tour.

Attached: 46C0D9EB-DEA1-4ED5-A767-A213CC9F4F08.jpg (656x647, 68K)

4/10 it's really generic and she can't sing. I saw a tweet that said her singing was 20% singing and 80% air. The listenable tracks are All the good girls go to hell and My strange addiction and most of the singles are ok. You should see me in a crown, ilomilo, 8 and listen before I go are appalling. Not as shit as everyone says but quite shit.

A lot a people sayin she the best in the world right now.

Attached: 50618298_770574253319645_3632932475467310934_n.jpg (1080x1004, 36K)

I would have to agree. Amazing she is only 17 and did that all by herself. I’m going to purchase tour tickets now from her website.

>all by herself

unironically agree

I feel bad for the marketing guy that has to reply to himself for hours on Yea Forums

based

You shouldn't underestimate the patheticness of beta orbiters

so this album is pretty much getting BTFOd everywhere, let's wait for Anthony Fantano's score!

Doubtful.

Nibba her brother writes and produces all of her songs. Billie is literally just his ticket to stardom.

Light to decent 6
Screencap this

album is literally just garbage tier Lana Del Rey with a bit of Lorde

What? The critics can't stop drooling over it. Who's BTFOing it?

8/10 more likely.

Remember to protect her smile

Attached: 997976ee4834efe24df58cc3ce8c4933.jpg (640x624, 56K)

APOLOGIZE

Attached: 1550820495173kate-bush.jpg (1000x752, 49K)

More like Kate Landing-strip

Couldn't get myself to finish the album in one sitting, it's extremely boring and flat

why would you even try? who listens to this kind of shit? (Assuming you're not a 14 year old girl)

4.510, there some nice moments on the album but overall it was very mediocre and boring. The production was the only thing keeping me somewhat interested throughout this slow and painful listen.

I should add, I was also expecting a socially conscious/"woke" track or two on the album, especially given that her feature on Curry/J.I.D.'s (political) song is arguably a significant reason for her credibility among hip hop fans.

I tried it because I wanted confirmation that it's awful (which I got)

>Who's BTFOing it?
Only The Independent. Everyone is like like yassssss slay queen.

>but guize billie literally has kate's vocal range and she can make an album better than hounds of love i swear!!!!

gotta get the millenial crowd in on the industry sensation, not just the zoomers

We get It, you fuck black guys

Nothing but pretentious art hoe shit.

>expecting a vapid 17-year old gentrifier to be politically aware
Joke's on you.

Just bought it, I’ll listen to it whenever I get it in the mail.

Why aren't you guys act like itt when it comes with generic mutand shit albums lol

>lol you just hate her because you aren't getting laid
Fuck off shill, I'm not going to praise some 17-year old white girl for a milquetoast album barely carried by her brother's production skill.
"Good" in that its not outwardly painful to listen to? Things can be mechanically good but still lack spirit or form to them. It sounds by the numbers, recorded in a studio, and slapped into an album so Eilish can give her best Lana/Lorde impression without really trying. They are the only thing that hasn't made this album a solid 1/10.
Logic being garbage is nothing new, he's got a long track record of it. Lil Billie here was supposed to be revolutionary on this new debut album, but we can see that was a fucking lie now.

Holy shit this is bad, I lost it at the out of place office samples. Some terrible writing on this shit too

Attached: 1TJvu8o.png (644x612, 368K)

>What I expected: Lorde-esque vocals over SGP or BONES-style beats (don't laugh).
This is exactly what I thought Billy Eilish was gonna be before I realized she's actually an unsalvageably garbage industry plant

*Remember to cum in her smile

Girl's cute as fuck. Music is bad as fuck. End of discussion.

this is the crux upon which the majority of the board functions

He doesn't seem to like her at all, i think It will be a not good

i predict 6, he will compliment the production

He'll give her a 7 and use all the "she-has-potential" tropes just because he doesn't want to seem out-of-the-loop when it comes to zoomers. I do agree production is the album's selling point.

She’s getting very good reviews across the board. Gulp.

>this entire thread

this is blatant shilling (OP's image is even a thumbnail) but you leftist newfags from reddit and twitter can't see it.

it's not even unironic shillposting

Pitchfork really thinks this is as good as Ultraviolence, Lungs and Pure Heroine. Well they are fucking wrong.

Interscope is paying for them.

People aren't really comparing her to Kate are they?

Does pitchfork take money now?

I wonder what anthony will rate it. My guess is a 6/10. Maybe a 7.

He'll rate it a 7 or 8. Trust me.

Did anyone find the production to be too over-the-top?

The opposite. I kept waiting for the production to get super loud, distorted, and artsy-fartsy, similar to early SoundCloud shit, but it never went there. Billie's voice is smothered by the production in some tracks though.

He has given bad reviews to zoomer artists in the past, he actually has been pretty vocal about his dislike of lil uzi and 69 for example

But Billie is speh-shul. Besides he gave her song Wish You Were Gay a "Best of the Week" and made an entire vlog shilling for her.

Z O O M E R

H O U N D S

O F

L O V E

I didn't know who she was until about 30 minutes ago. I don't know what I think of her, but I do know there's some good music on here.

>Xanny and You Should See Me In a Crown were the only good songs I'd choose to listen to.
Actually they were two of the worst. The good songs were the ballards at the end.

Thought it'd be bad, but it was worse than I expected. Actually manages to be worse than Weezer's Black Album

>listening to xanny
>"hey his brother sure has some knack at production and her singing is flat but kinda works"
>realize every song is like this

I'm struggling to see how anyone over the age of 15 would enjoy this unironically.

Bullshit.

Who else thinks this would have worked perfectly as a 7-song EP but comes off terribly as a full album?

Because le woman make bad music meme

How?

All the songs were either boring or trash.

Nice try shill.

5/10 imo, first half of the album was tolerable but the latter half made me go pic related. She should stick to making EPs because Don't Smile At Me was a lot better than this. Something akin to her style shouldn't be padded out to 40 minutes. I don't think it's nowhere near as atrocious as you fags are making it out to be tho

Attached: isleep.jpg (600x537, 38K)

its vapid boring pop shit with one of the worst album titles i've ever heard. the production on xanny sounds fucking awful.

Nice try shill.

Xanny is a good song.

this shit is so gay. It's literally exactly what happens when you take an untalented rich kid and give them artistic freedom while also making sure you get the most trendy instrumentals and production possible to make the album pass.
The female equivalent of Will Smith's son.

Not a bad album, does what it was made to do and therefore it works. They all got paid, she will make tons off her tour, etc etc.
those of you complaining about production are just failed bedroom producers with no moxy and waiting around for your record label prince charming to whisk your uninspired bedroom trash to stardom lololol

Production was good, it’s Billie who’s either meh or terrible.

Attached: D67A06F7-A829-491D-B434-815E0B462B16.jpg (605x658, 83K)

World’s worst case of whale-cum-teh-meh-ketschehn voice.

lmao the girl who reviewed it for Pitchfork has never reviewed an album lower than 6, and her name is literally Stacey. This album is lazy dogshit.

>ballard
lol but I agree with what you said

kek

My mistake she reviewed 1 album, 4OKI by Steve Aoki lower than a 5.

Colour me shocked.

>Lorde vocals
>SpaceGhost type beats
Why on earth would you expect this from her when nothing she put out prior to her album sounded remotely like this?

Xanny is a good song but why couldn’t she have written different lyrics for it, as if she’s even taken it. She’s not even hiding herself trying to appeal to edgy teens

Boring production, song structure, lyrical content, instrument choice, vocal performance—I.E. nothing interesting happens at all. She doesn't even try, at least Black Album was different.

Production was very good though.

I have heard her being interviewed on 3 major radio stations this week and every DJ on the mainstream stations is shilling so hard for her music. I'm actually impressed by how hard she is being forced on the public, not that I know exactly how the music industry actually manufacturers all this hype, it is still so obvious her fame is from the top down. The use of social media as well, especially the YouTube videos and clickbait shit on Snapchat. Her music isn't anything special, her breathy voice is even kinda cute for a little bit, but there is too much shitty music on in the background to enjoy her. To me it just comes off as cringe because she is trying too hard to be edgy, for example "I wanna end me" as lyrics. In fact the difference between that and for example emo music is that her music is trying to have a scary vibe (for example the album cover) that comes off as cartoonish, when I watch one of the videos she is in I kind of half expect it to break into the spooky scary skeletons. Also I doubt she wears all that weird shit intentionally, again I suspect that is the way she is being marketed. Ironically I think I would actually like her alot more if they dropped the whole edgy shit and just made her sing without the shitty repeating music in the background, but then again that is how they are trying to market her as different.

I think the reason she is so popular on 4 Chan is that she has an unusual style so she seems obtainable; however she is still conventionally attractive. For example Haley and Grimes. What makes her even more appealing is, because it is mentioned in literally every post about her, the whole she fucks black guys thing. So pretty much my hypothesis is that the waifu fags imagine her as their girlfriend who cuckolds them with multiple black men. Prove me wrong?

Attached: 1546695539271.png (660x648, 494K)

It was inconsistent.

Not listening lol

He’s already made a 15-long minute vid caping for her. He’ll give her a high score.

Billie's voice is like if took everything that makes Lana's sound interesting and different out. She's like the 'alt' version of Adele or Michael Buble.

You couldn’t get me to listen to an album with that cover if you paid me.

Not even. She’s Walmart Lorde.

LOL how does one whisper sing over distorted bass?

Why do so many good rappers keep shilling her? I follow her on IG and she keeps posting stories showing artists with high amounts of credibility saying good shit about her bull crap.

i couldn't care less

It's weird to me that teenagers are listening to this. Not even weird in a bad way, I just cant really wrap my mind around the image of a bunch of 15 and 16 year olds playing this in middle school and high school. I think the feeling is a disconnect from the next generation. Hmm

let me suck the AIIIIR out of your ASSHOLE!

Sexual + monetary favors

She's white.

i showed my friend who doesn't know shit about anything some of her videos and even he said her music feels forced and she's trying too hard. without seeing any of interviews it was obvious to him she's not as depressed as interscope wants people to believe she is. he likes bury a friend and you should see me in a crown though.

I genuinely couldn't make it past the opening skit on my first try

>kanye invented triplets

she's not popular on Yea Forums at all

That's the main problem I (I'm this poster: ) have with her as well: her music is downright substanceless. What does she sing about? Nothing. Does she give any new insights? No. Does she tell a coherent story? No. Does she dazzle you with words? No. Does she talk about real social issues? Not really, even if her whole "persona" is proclaimed to be deep and profound.

She's just not a very good vocalist nor has much to offer musically. I'll concede the quality of her bro's production, but Billie herself is boring. If her album really was Lorde-singing-over-BONES-with-deep-meaningful-lyrics then I'd be amazed, but it's not so I'll flush her down the toiletbowl of history.

Why is my feed on every platform throwing this album in my face?!

P A Y O L A

youtube.com/watch?v=DyDfgMOUjCI
>2.5 million views in a few hours
>#1 on trending
I fucking hate this world.

I only like the tail end of this song, because I love distorted bass. That's what I want to hear her do.

I thought Billie Eilish was like Poppy's real name and that Billie was Cara Delevigne until like ten minutes what the fuck.
As a review just know that it's no The Kick Inside or Debut

I mean, I listened to the whole thing TWICE and kept waiting for her to sing out, or at least change up her vocal style out of that ASMR garbage. I was seriously disappointed.

Hey everyone Arthony Hoetano here, internet's busiest music nerd and it's time for a review of the new Billie Ellish album, when we all fall asleep, where do we go? Billie recently came out with her hit single, "bury a friend", i gave it a great review, really enjoyed it and upon listening to her full album I realized that the entire. album. sounds the same (just like that one track), so I've no choice but to give this a strong 9 to a light ten and also I am assigning a 10/10 financial security rating to Sony Universal Music Group. this is anthony fantano, music reviews; forever!

Attached: mpko_Anthony Fantano.jpg (300x300, 7K)

Well i enjoyed it :)
The album tells an interesting narrative when listened in order and bad guy goes hard.

What's the narrative?

have sex

the story of an industry plant

Sucking nigger dicks: a story

5/10 Album, had 2 really good songs, a few good songs but the bad songs weren't just bad they were horse dung.

Listening to it right now. It kind of pisses me off that she can't sing beyond the asmr whisper voice.

Well, Billie repeatedly said she wanted to keep this album and its meaning up to interpretation, even though she very much has a personal meaning assoviated with each song, but from my perspective, this song is very much about falling into a downwards spiral into depression.

While the album starts on a high note with bad guy, (representing her introduction to the music industry, where she thinks of herself as a "rebel") she quickly sees the darkness in the industry (in many interviews she stated that all the popular artists are incredibly sad), starting with the massive substance abuse (xanny), and also dealing with the death and suicide of the people around her (ilomilo, bury a friend), her isolation from her closed ones and loneliness due to her career (when the partys over, i love you) aswell as other personal struggles when it comes to love (wish you were gay)

I think it especially paints a picture of manic depression/bpd, with its quick and sudden change from depressive/suicidal phases to manic ohases of euphoria (bad guy, you should see me in a crown, all the good girls go to hell).

While I can agree that some songs do sound kinda bland, her album is most definitely not "uninspired pop garbage", or the "worst album of the year", it might not be perfect, but its a coming of age album, dealing with her struggles adapting to her new life as a star.

At least thats what i think, its up to interpretation after all.

Black man here, I gave her the pipe

Autists were calling her zoomer kate bush

I didn't get anything about her being suicidal or depressed. It seems very contrived, and I'm speaking as someone who has gone through real depressive episodes.

on what song does she sample the office? I stopped listening to this album half way through. fucking boring.

I'm a zoomer and I buy vinyl and CD's. so do 2 of my Z friends.
dude that is awesome. I wanna get a job at a record shop. I'm thinking Flashback in London.

Did you even listen to "listen before i go"?
Its literally about her standing on a rooftop seeing no way out but down.

My Strange Addiction, her attempt at making a banger.

to be fair they've had a lot of bad moments.

My strange addiction, its actually decent if you get past the samples

TOP KEK

but it's true.

I just got to that song.
Holy shit what a terrible pointless choice. I even thought the preceding few songs were okay.

Attached: o.jpg (326x315, 35K)

Didn't they give Lil Peep's shitty first EP an 8 or something?

I think the slick production is actually my problem with the vocals. It sounds like very annoying asmr.

I swear to Mr Mooney if Fantano gives this album above a 6, I'm unsubscribing.

oooooooooooooooooooooof.

big oof.

Billie needs singing lessons. If she could learn to improve her vocal quality and sing in a different manner than whispering (i.e. belting, singing really high or really low) she'd be a much better artist and the production would fit her.

you're right user, it's not the Zoomer Hounds Of Love. It's the Zoomer Downward Spiral!

Any reports on how much this album sold on its first day?

I'm confused to why everyone is saying this albums production is great. I think its one of the worst produced pop album in a while. the mixing is shit and compressed really badly. Theres noair to let Billie breath, Her voice is poorly rendered. Its also unoriginal as fuck. Trying to be woke like Lorde on one song, but then ripping off kayne another. I think Billie has some talent but pop isnt really her genre strength (or at least if your going to have shite production like this.) Her vice would be great for shoegaze or dream pop. I think while this is a very rough debut, Billie has a future if they let her be freaky and drift away from the mainstream but I don't see it happening. Maybe she can partner with Jack Antonoff for LP 2 and make a mini melodrama. I think he brother really brought this album down

>Lorde-esque vocals over SGP or BONES-style beats (don't laugh).
She doesn't have the voice for this. Her vocals sound out-of-place as it is on the tracks where there is a ton of distortion (end of Bad Guy, Xanny, Ilomilo).

people like to say "good production" as a buzzword without having any understanding of what actually makes an albums production good or bad.

How would you rank the production on Billie's album?

>comparing this trash to NIN
No. Please don't. The Kate/Björk comparisons are bad enough.

In my personal opinion the vocals are too soft and quiet for such booming production. I just don’t personally like it but I have no idea if it’s technically bad - I’m not a sound engineer.

Everything until the end sounds like a Black Eyed Peas song circa 2010.

Slightly better the Taylor Swift's reputation. I know Jak Antonoff worked on that one too, but like I thought reputation was a new low for pop production, whereas Melodrama also produced by Antonoff (he produced massseduction as well which im not a big fan of but as rock artist goes pop wasn't bad at all.) Pop is vocals first and foremost the biggest pop stars of all time had the biggest voices. Now alot of people are shitting on billie's voice. I don't think its bad unusaul but as i said It fits well with shoegaze or dream pop. her voice reminded me of Belinda butcher's right away. It sounds liek Billie's vocie was recorded over a laptop speaker or a phone. it doesn't help she mumbles either. i don't know if she sued a microphone but a good quality one could of helped. then tthey buried her voice way down in the mix. the bass was way louder. i found it really hard to understand. Wosh you were gay ould be a fantastic commentary on bicurisoty. i would.nt know because I could.t make out a world. It's just poor choices poor recording quality that brings this album down. She should of hooked up with a legiment producer. Would of made a huge difference, but i have a feeling this album was recorded on the cheap and all the money was put into advertisement. Shes everywhere man.They prob wanted to sample Black Skinhead or Fancy but they just didn't have the money and made a soundalike beat.This album is going to do well and her next album will have a much larger budget. I think there will be a huge jump quality wise. Maybe perhaps bring in Jack Antonoff and work some of that lorde magic on her. I can totally see them ditching her loser brother. After all Bille did make them all that money. I wouldnt be surprised if this album was recorded in their bedroom in their house and not a professional studio.

I apologize my terrible grammar from above. I have dyslexia and wish that Yea Forums had an edit button I just reread what I wrote and It sounded retarded but i stand by my points Poor recording choices lead to a poor album, not billies lack of talent.

No, I understood you perfectly.

>zoomer Bilinda Butcher
Oh fuck off with this shit.

Wow a 22 year old compared Billie elish to Belinda butcher they use very similar vocal delivery's both whispered and sound tired as fuck. i'm not big into vocals I love Billy Corgan and bob Dylan and they both sound like horse manure. I'm only really interested in Billie Elish for two reasons. 1. i love music and check out everything anyway. 2. i went to school for public relations and this Billie story is a huge sucess for the label. We would deifenlty be talking about her sucess in class. Gave her album a shot gave a 5/10. Stevie Wonder debuted at the age of 12 and no ones bopping his shitty 12 year old songs. This is a rough start but Radiohead started off sounding like every shitty grunge band too it got them thier biggest hit.

zoomer thom yorke is a far better comparison

Look at this little fucker I bet alot of people shitted on his music on Yea Forums back in the day.

Attached: asteviewonder.jpg (314x317, 22K)

cassettes are so cool. the sound quality isnt even that bad

yeah but the drums in bury a friend sounds almost exactly like black skinhead. not discounting it, one of the only good songs on the album

If this album is so bad why is it getting glowing reviews from nearly everyone?

>asteVIEWonder.jpg
i cant unsee it

honestly the majority of reviews are overbloated. Labels pay extra money to guareentee a good score. I've read some many reviews where it gets a good score but the critic writes how middle of the road it is. Also writers for pitchfork don't pick the number score the editor does, and assume this is industry standard. Please explain to me how every post 2000 Bruce Springsteen and U2 album always gets a 5 star review from Rollingstone.

>She's 17 so it's ok that her vocals suck
Come on. Her vocals might be ok for her age group, that doesn't make them any good.

I find her vocals pretty nice

Have a listen to this 16-year old's very childish vocals.
youtube.com/watch?v=NAj8suae3WY

Billie is actually a genius.
While listening, I realized this album is her trying to help us all fall asleep so we can figure out where we go.
I know I fell asleep pretty damn fast.

Attached: 1496259236577.jpg (540x359, 25K)

I don't know if her voice is supposed to be distorted or it's just mixed pretty bad/the bass is too loud.

On what song?

She probably did steal it from Kanye though, especially considering the tone used in the song

Im pretty sure its done on purpose, the distortion

This. She's trying to sound like a SoundClown.

dog shit nigga fuck this bull shit ass album

bury a friend sounds like minimalist black skkkinhead

In Xanny? Thats how it supposed to be [spoiler]i assume.[/spoiler]

It's a good song. 8 is the album's worst.

Yea Xanny is the only song on the album that interests me. I really like the voice matching with the distorted bass. It's cool, and I haven't heard something like that in pop in a while. Other than that the album is a snoozefest.

Agreed. The only songs I like are the ones which utilize the bass, because that's what I've been expecting her to do. The ballads and the pop stuff are bullshit. She should just stick to electronica and improve her singing.

i liked the silences in xanny and the song overall
when the party is over is genuinely pretty
ilomilo was so nice ngl, my fav from the album
and the last three songs were decent/good

rest is boring or straight garbage

Man all these brappposter haha imagine if someone posted a video of her brapping lol wouldn't that be crazy haha

The mastering sucks. Its very inconsistent. Her voice lacks presence as well.

What? The production is very good.

A lot of people are saying she's the zoomer Tori Amos.

Equally stupid.

i, agree. not quite a 7, more so a 6. theres been worse first records

BRAAAAAPAPAPAPAPPAPAP BRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

These "zoomer [legend]" comparisons are pathetic to be honest. Billie is more like the Hot Topic version of [female pop star].

For some reason I was expecting her music to be hype and edgy, instead I just listened to an even more comatose Lana Del Rey album.

Right?

mastering =/= production

You could literally make a track that has great production/songwriting, and still have it sound like shit due to weak mixing and/or mastering.

youtu.be/J6Oh29fe9l0

Take it
To the limit
One more time

Killer beat. Sounds right up Shillie’s alley.

lmao

No where near enough lewdness for me to care about her/it.

>unless user were to prove otherwise