This is the supreme masterpiece of music, and no one here even talks about it

This is the supreme masterpiece of music, and no one here even talks about it

Attached: genesis-foxtrot-lp.jpg (1012x1026, 193K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zuImkmDCDME
youtube.com/watch?v=v4tDKF_uwRI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Selling England was better

agreed, SEBTP > Lamb > Foxtrot > Nursery Cryme > TotT > W&W for me, been meaning to go further into their discog.

i listened to it on acid a few weeks back, was nice

those keys man

lamb lies down is their true masterpiece

it's pretty good, but not a masterpiece.
Some goes for all the other genesis albums you like.

Supper's Ready is one of the best prog epics written.

HELLLOOOO BAYYYYBEHH

>prog

Attached: Man-sleeping-and-snoring-overhead-view.jpg (2197x1463, 251K)

Based and redpilled
Onions and cringepilled

Really been into this one lately.

Attached: 8FE1DBE6-C2CF-4755-8FDF-3A4EAB0DB282.jpg (600x600, 108K)

i bet you are dreaming about men, faggot.

Attached: nigga.png (546x493, 78K)

Yeah of course everyone on mu is openly homosexual, you must be new here

Attached: _63500450_keiranleesuit.jpg (660x371, 20K)

This

the mellotron intro of watcher of the skies is beautiful

It really is their masterwork

It's mostly bland and unfocused outside of a few stellar tracks. It's a double LP rock opera for its own sake because it was a trendy gimmick at the time that everyone felt pressured to do, even if they didn't have consistently great material to fill four sides of vinyl. But I think because they're usually seen as more ambitious fans tend to mistake that for quality. Lamb is their most ambitious album, but it's not a completely successful experiment.

This and Wind & Wuthering are highly underrated.

>and no one here even talks about it
as usual

This is pretty much how I feel about Lam too. They gave Gabriel too much creative control and wound up with a meandering and vague concept. The album has it’s moments but as a whole it falls kind of flat.

Thank Christ I'm not alone. It's almost sacrilege to speak ill of it as a Genesis fan. And I used to buy into the meme when I was younger and first getting into prog, but after revisiting it recently it just didn't click.

FGTR: Garbo

Trespass: Quite good early prog, Stagnation and The Knife are bangers

Nursery Cryme: The Musical Box is pretty good, Harold the Barrel is fun, kinda unfocused, Fountain of Salmacis is weak

Foxtrot: Watcher of the Skies gets boring after repeated listens, everything other than Supper's Ready is a bit offensive to the ears, Supper's Ready could have been cut down a bit

SEBtP: Two of their best in Firth of Fifth and The Cinema Show, I Know What I Like is really catchy, they don't know what to do for a fair amount of the other songs, Battle of Epping Forest is shite

TLLDoB: About three sides of greatness with a fourth of filler. No single song that can reach the heights of some of their earlier stuff

Also, Duke is post Gabriel, but it's extremely underrated and I think it better than everything they did other than Trespass and SEbtP, maybe Lamb

A Trick of the Tail is a great album, first one after Gabriel left but still in the same vein of their earlier ones. Sort of an interesting transition album.

Also I think this is the best live album ever. Last with Hackett too.

Attached: 6289249A-F7F0-494F-B40B-6D51CF733FA5.jpg (1046x1084, 119K)

well i can understand why you'd feel that way but i disagree. lamb is one of their most consistent for me. and it's also the most emotionally resonant. always felt like gabriel really poured his all into the lyrics for it.

Never understood why people always accuse Lamb of being full of "filler." One of the most consistent double albums for me desu

This song got me into Lamb, In The Cage.
youtube.com/watch?v=zuImkmDCDME

It's a difficult album to get into for sure, but very rewarded once it clicks. I found the vinyl in a thrift store and got really immersed in it for a while.

Wrong link, youtube.com/watch?v=v4tDKF_uwRI