stringtensionpro.com/
>Music theory:
musictheory.net/lessons
>Guitar Maintenance and other information:
frudua.com/guitar_craftpedia_en.html
youtube.com/channel/UCXU3GYv5qEzuPePqXOJBgXw
>Why is my guitar buzzing?
frets.com/FretsPages/Luthier/Technique/Setup/BuzzDiagnosis/buzzlist.html
>Large repository of tabs, books and other resources related to playing and theory:
mega.nz/#F!v2oQgKhB!5nEaeUD8xxQYO8ipUoViqw

Previous thread:

Attached: 20181216_160449.jpg (1440x1728, 625K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3KXIdWwNoyk
amazon.com/TC-Electronic-966111001-PolyTune-Clip/dp/B00ZU4G0ZK
amazon.com/OOTSR-Guitar-Strings-Changing-Including/dp/B07KFVSNWK/ref=sr_1_34?dd=Pu_OiHE4nzKBtbacIWQOng,,&keywords=tuner&qid=1553798830&refinements=p_90:8308921011&rnid=8308919011&s=musical-instruments&sr=1-34
amazon.com/Rowin-Electric-Minutes-Unlimited-Overdubs/dp/B01J2TKNIS
reverb.com/item/21185183-gibson-mhs-humbuckers-with-vos-nickel-covers
amazon.com/dp/B07CVQ5GC7/ref=psdc_11971401_t4_B00AGJKKH8?th=1
amazon.com/gp/product/B00AGJKKH8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1XDQ0ZALVTOLU&psc=1
vocaroo.com/i/s1uuzGn8vaFc
supforums.com/thread/73971403/music/gg-guitar-and-bass-general.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reminder that grand staff notation is piano tablature that's coincidentally useful for composition and teaching music theory and it's an awkward, bordering on stupid fit for guitar if you want to sight read anything with chords or polyphony

Yeah, this faggot never tried the real book

You're not going to find a tab on ultimate guitar for a Chopin or Ravel piece. If you're not into classical there really isn't any need to read sheet music if you're a guitarist. Learning by ear is the best and hardest way to learn anyway, reading music is easier to pick up

I don't see in how learning to read music wouldn't result in improved aural skills. I still "play" the air clarinet when sight-singing.

I'm a pianist that's been playing guitar for 2 years and piano for 10, you snobs.

It helps to be into "real music" first so you're not blinded by worship of it.

It's fine to learn it but you're guitarists and the vast majority of what you actually play from should be guitar sheet music, aka tabs. Grand staff is not "music", it's grand staff. It works best for certain instruments and horrible for others. If you want to use anything that looks traditional and brag about your music theory skills maybe you should play improvised accompaniments using figured bass notation.

Of course you are a pianist, aren't we all here in Yea Forums?
Hey, I also forgot to tell you that time I almost didn't make it to the moon

>You're not going to find a tab on ultimate guitar for a Chopin or Ravel piece.
convert a midi into a GP, jeez

Who cares how you learn? Just learn? Goddamn, you fucks will argue over who argues less.

So its here wish i could practice now but i have to prioritize getting some homework done im gonna start with Speed Mechanics For Lead Guitar tonight but is there any other good starter books/videos?

One complaint about this Davidson has to be the weight its super light im not sure if this matters but i feel like the guitar should have more weight to it, thinking about sending it back and ordering an epiphone today cause someone else suggested that

Attached: image0.jpg (2431x2611, 1.17M)

I havent argued at all you little faggot

You're arguing now

No I'm not, why are you such a fag!?

Looks good for a 99 dollar combo guitar

how are my fellow bass players doing?

Attached: jesus.gif (392x483, 92K)

yeah im looking at some reviews on it now looks like people are saying its a good beginner guitar
youtu.be/3KXIdWwNoyk
this guys review is pretty good

Piano is the first and only instrument most people play user, and one of the ones people usually stick with because it doesn't carve calluses into your fingers and sounds in-tune without squeaks or squeals from the start.

I'm more surprised when a random fuck has been playing guitar for 10 years, especially if they were born after the 90s.

Speed mechanics isn't really a beginner book, I suggest you start with the rhythm and lead volumes first

>guitar looks good
>pick it up
>get stabbed by the fretboard
>random buzzes
>grounding noise

cheap guitar life

>pick cheap guitar
>it's actually comfy
>can use it to experiment the fuck out of it
even better when you pick them from a flea market

That's what I'm doing with my Yamaha Pacifica. Although the amount I'm spending with it I wonder if I should have just gotten an actually good guitar

okay thank you i will download them now

I think st bodies and single pickup guitars look much better than shitty les paul type guitars. I'd keep it if it's comfortable and think of getting a better amp down the line instead.

Ok r/guitar,

I was just swapping out the pickups on my strat that I picked up second-hand and when i lifted the pickup cover on the single-coil, it turns out there's kaka in there.

I've read a lot about kaka, but I'm curious as to your opinion. Should I leave it in there?

>amp
yeah the amp it comes with is pretty shit besides the strap not being big enough the guitar feels fine so i think im going to keep it

also i signed up for a scribd trial to get the lead guitar vol 1 and 2 are there any other troy stetina books that are good for beginners or any other guitar books? or should i just stick to vol 1 and 2

Attached: books.png (1198x881, 266K)

Attached: My-Halo-Custom-Guitar (16).jpg (995x420, 68K)

the difference between a good guitar and a cheap one is setup, fret dressing, tuners, the bridge, pickups, and then most of the price is wood memeing

>brazillian rosewood fretboard bro, it affects the tone somehow
>okay bro, get this: alder body. it has a bright vintage tone you can totally hear it and it's not just the pickups we wound to sound brighter.
>the neck is one piece bro, trust us, there's an audible difference
>it has a single action truss rod bro, somehow that improves tone
>worth the extra money bro, totally

what's a good book on rhythm theory

I'd make an exception for juniors that aren't sunburst

Attached: Gibson59LPJuniorBlu_925168_14.jpg (1600x1200, 852K)

Probably, but modding a cheap guitar with whacky stuff doesn't carry the same risk/guilt of doing it to a higher quality one.
Everything I know about guitar maintenance, carpentry and paintworks was thanks to my first starter pack squier.

>No nitro finish
>wire, caps, at pots not sourced from a 1960s radio
>pickups not wound using copper mined in the 60s that has had more time to acquire tone

0/10 no tone

My budget guitar roster:
Squier Jazzmaster bought off craigslist for 250, plays/sounds great

Danelectro Danoblaster bought off craiglist for ~90

Set up like a strat but a little 'surfier,' put a hot rail in the bridge pick up and it sounds real wild through fuzz

I have shit theory and self teach by fiddling around. I am a much better bassist, but am getting more used to guitar and initially picked it up because writing on it for bands is way more door-opening. I love open tunings. I'm sure the way I've learned is contrived but it works for me.

so im reading metal rhythm vol 1 i dont have a distortion pedal or any music equipment outside of the guitar should i get one now even though this is my first day?

>you don't need to know theory and everyone who does is just posturing
>hey, what do you call this chord?
>A
>you're posturing

know theory
read grand staff
play from tabs anyways because you aren't a poser

Macmull - a cut above.

Attached: IMG_8391@0,5x.jpg (2069x919, 1.03M)

That's what I do, motherfucker.

Are these actually any good? That headstock is kino af

No, they're made to separate boomers from their money.

>Schecter Banshee-6 FR

What do we think fellas?

Attached: preview.jpg (1200x1200, 142K)

i have never even held a schecter guitar in my life, are they good?

so after my first 30 minute guitar practice today, I still don't think its in tune, learned the D chord, and learned Troy Stetnina books are good but i cant see any pictures in the pdfs i have.

also would you guys suggest i get a tuner and a distortion pedal? the books are reading like the person should have this equipment if they really want to make metal music and while i do i dont know whats essential to have as a beginner

Biggest boomer bait in existence. The dude that came up with that garbage is an absolute genius. I hope he sucks these losers dry before the guitar market collapses after the big boomer death. Here look at those memes:
>Featuring an aged, dried lightweight Alder body for that vintage vibe and rich complex sound, this model is shaped to meet original specs from the 50s and 60s.
>We select the Straight-grained and whiter pieces which we prefer for their sonic advantages.

Each neck is reinforced with a retro-style single-action truss rod, just like they used to make them in the 50s. Most manufacturers use the double-action truss rod, even on vintage replicas. We found out that a single truss rod will give you a better neck-body resonance, and you'll be able to feel that difference playing the T-Classic unplugged.
>Punch of Madagascar rosewood or pure fatness of maple to meet your tonal taste.
>Pure nitrocellulose lacquer is one of the key factors for tone.
They don't even have stainless steel frets at 4k asking price

Attached: 1532575780497.png (554x400, 90K)

amazon.com/TC-Electronic-966111001-PolyTune-Clip/dp/B00ZU4G0ZK

You don't need overdrive until pinch harmonics.

Just crank the gain up for now

idk lol that's why I asked here

chances are, someone who's able to pay for a """""""""luxury"""""""" guitar won't ever be dried up by it

amazon.com/OOTSR-Guitar-Strings-Changing-Including/dp/B07KFVSNWK/ref=sr_1_34?dd=Pu_OiHE4nzKBtbacIWQOng,,&keywords=tuner&qid=1553798830&refinements=p_90:8308921011&rnid=8308919011&s=musical-instruments&sr=1-34

only asking cause its cheap but does this look like a good package?

No, all you need is a tuner and some picks - which you should choose yourself as per your personal preference.

You don't get to complain about cheap guitars unless your first guitar was a plywood masterpiece made in South Korea in the 80s.

You can tune via your mobile phone or some youtube video

Yeah, this is also true. I like having a dedicated tuner due to laziness and ease of use.

shit taste

Polytune clip is great.

Anyone know of a site to download the extreme metal bass book?

Ibanez should sue them

amazon.com/Rowin-Electric-Minutes-Unlimited-Overdubs/dp/B01J2TKNIS
Thoughts?

Fender and Gibson should sue everyone

What's your thoughts about this epiphone es 355 bonamassa.
I'm not into epiphone nor signature market but after playing half an hour at the shop it's seem to me it is a good guitar. Price is a thousand dollars

Attached: standard-es355.jpg (1000x1000, 76K)

For also ripping off the stratocaster? Ibanez didn't even make the first "super strats".

Get a second hand Ditto.

Expensive for an epiphone, but you won't find a cheaper 355 if you absolutely need one. Tried the Gretch hollow bodies?

sneed

No.
Is electromatic good quality?

No.
Is electromatic good quality?

I'm not huge on semi acoustics, but shop around before you settle on a "signature" epiphone of all things.
That said, I do intend to get me a 335 of sorts at some point in the future.

In order to find out you must pay at least 6000$.

Here’s your (You)

Eventually, yes. Metal without distortion is surf.
Don’t get me wrong, Surf can be fast, loud, edgy and plenty intense by itself. It just isn’t metal.

>nigger rich: the guitar brand

But the gibson ones are quite pricey even second hands.
And none comes with a bigsby.

How hard do you thing it is to drop in a bigsby in a tune-o-matic?

PAF 59s? or PAF 36th anniversary?

Does anybody know of a pickguard that would fit onto an ESP LTD MH-203QM? Or would I have to make a custom one.

Attached: xlarge_.png (1200x410, 404K)

When only American made will do

Attached: EF7079D9-1D35-4DA6-BC1B-4C030F1275EB.jpg (3264x2448, 1.23M)

>mayate
Gross

One of my favorite black shredders is Tony macalpine. Sadly he was diagnosed with cancer recently so he doesnt habe much longer maybe. I suggest looking into his stuff hes a shred legend. What do you listen to outside of guitar music.. Pac or biggie(can only choose one). Your choice will decide of i will help you more or not

Get these instead, sound closer to real PAFS

reverb.com/item/21185183-gibson-mhs-humbuckers-with-vos-nickel-covers

That's going to be tricky with the carved top. A gibson style guard might be possible.

Getting rid of your stock pups? Good luck.

Nah, those are the best you're going to get outside of boutique if you want a good PAF . They're what Gibson used in their top of the line reissue stuff a couple of years ago. You can get them for cheap because boomers love to switch out good pickups and most people haven't heard of these.

repost, but curious if anyone knows of a bridge that would fit here. Amazon basically just has p bass style replacements, anyone know of a bridge that comes to mind that would fit better here? Can't be any wider because its a fitted groove in luthite, which is a cunt to work with

Attached: curbow4.jpg (582x994, 210K)

...which is roughly never.
But at least it looks pretty

>That glossy laquered fretboard
You ever gonna do anything but take pictures of it?

would a Analogman Surface sound good through my bass setup?

Get one of those heavy duty 3rd party replacements and get a pro to fit it.

taking pictures>playing guitar

Attached: 1546132189630.jpg (1087x995, 79K)

Damn tootin

Attached: 1545780408849.jpg (1541x3244, 871K)

I got it Tuesday :)

So /gg/ I was wondering if holding a guitar in your lap is like a pacifier for manbabbys who are otherwise unhappy with their lives? How many guys here are basically doing something along these lines to distract themselves from their misery?

Attached: 1436886710897.jpg (640x519, 29K)

>What do you listen to outside of guitar music..
i dont really listen to much rap anymore ill occasionally listen to trap but for a while now ive only been listening to black metal and im really getting into it. I've only heard tupac not biggie

>Eventually, yes
i dont really like the sound im getting from my amp now do you think the pic is a good pick up? its not really the guitar that i dont like its that im not hearing the metal sound

Attached: dc831f21faa3b5da4386444adbdd8fc1.png (1556x651, 124K)

No, that's just you.

You have a junk pedal and what amp?
Your problem is not the pickups.

this is the amp is came with

Attached: 51YQPNq34fL.jpg (458x500, 40K)

Yeah, your pickups is not the problem. Did you buy a fucking amp + guitar combo?
Everybody says not to do that for a reason.

>Did you buy a fucking amp + guitar combo?
yes =[ i thought it would be nice for a beginner and make me motivated but now i just want to get a better guitar there are two other packages that i saw but i got this cause it was cheap but i can get a full refund so i think i will and im gonna get one of these two

amazon.com/dp/B07CVQ5GC7/ref=psdc_11971401_t4_B00AGJKKH8?th=1

amazon.com/gp/product/B00AGJKKH8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1XDQ0ZALVTOLU&psc=1

Well, you fucked up.
You would have done better with a semi-decent guitar and a vox ampplug than that shitbox and pedal.

so do you think either of the packages i just linked look decent? cause when i look at getting an epiphone its the same exact cost if i get the guitar and amp separately if i get the package

holy shit what about this are you not getting
two, maybe three threads full of people telling you NOT TO BUY A COMBO
you will never be happy with the crap that comes in those things
get a refund, get a used decent guitar, and an amp. for bedroom practice without spending money on pedals i suggest a modelling amp like a Line 6, they're cheap and will give you the sound you want.

Did you read what I told you? Never buy a fucking combo, ever.
That "Fender" is a fucking shortscale for 10 year olds and that Epiphone is the cheapest shit they've knocked out in China.
And I'm not going to talk about the "amps". It's shit.

Are there any good alternatives to the Mini Jubilee?
>Not made in China/other Far Eastern country
>High gain
>Low volume

Attached: 2525c.jpg (940x922, 209K)

combo user is r bait you idiots

okay no more combos got it sorry im retarded and dense anons ill look into getting a Line 6 amp is an epiphone still a good beginner guitar?

stop replying to him you morons

Epiphones can be good. Play it first.

no im actually just retarded and im trying to get into playing music im sorry

Attached: 4.png (128x128, 17K)

I'm surprised you picked a guitar. Don't black dudes usually play bass? You got rhythm

Different user here

Avoid those packages altogether. Save up more $$ and get the separate items you actually want to create the sound you want.

>Don't black dudes usually play bass?
i was actually thinking about getting a bass instead of a guitar i feel like that might suit me way better

sorry im replying twice before you do but if you or any other user would help me what're the good bass brands?

Just get a Fender Squire.

Cheap? Yamaha (t)rbx.

Ibanez makes the best beginner instruments, bass or guitar. Just stay away from their GIO series.

>Yamaha (t)rbx.
what model would you suggest i get or does that not matter?

ill look into these as well

trbx170/200 series. Won't get more bass for that amount of money.

hows this price?

i found an RBX170 for 120 hows that compared to the price of the Ibanez?

Attached: 9ceb1cd47d26e6c55ff33e893793b657.png (1571x752, 581K)

>Micro short scale
That Ibanez is for children and midgets. The RBX is a full size instrument.

That's a GIO, so I wouldn't buy it at any price. It's also short scale. You got to save some more money.

stop looking at short scale instruments lmao

would a Line 6 Spider IV be a good amp to pick up as well?

No.

Buy a vox amplug and save up for a real amp later down the line. If you're just starting out, they're great.
Hell, I use two of them when I feel like playing in the middle of the night.

does this look okay?

Attached: finalbuild.png (1296x544, 93K)

Why are you buying a shitty little shitbox amp for guitar to go with a bass?

well im not sure exactly what kind of amp i should get for a bass user just suggested a vox amp and its relatively same price

Well if there are guitar amps for guitars, wouldn't you think there are bass amps for basses?

It's 1x 8" speakers, a shitty amp and it's not made for the frequencies a bass produces. Buy an amplug for bass. They sound great with headset for practice and you can buy a proper amp later down the line or you end up quitting anyways and have one less piece of gear to get rid of.

Line 6 makes decent effect units and higher end amp modelers. They do not make good bedroom amps.

Usually a bass amp

I second this, for basses especially, you'll handicap yourself when you switch to full scale due to wildly different fret spacing. I'm still beginner as fuck , but picking up a short scale felt so damn weird. And i'd think the reverse of that would be awful for your learning of it

I would start with a cheapo pawnshop amp to get you buy as you learn, they are looking at it from a non beginner point of view, down the line for good tone, and if you ever end up doing any kinds of actual playing band-wise or other, you will need a proper bass amp, and a proper setup, but as now it means fuck all, don't go pay out the ass for a Bass Amp, when you don't really need one yet. A box that makes noise is all you need right now.

I always wondered what differentiates a budget base from an expensive model except for materials used? Usually the timbre is so dark already that I doubt you'd notice much difference in terms of sound especially when buried in a mix.

so i just get the bass headphone amp im assuming?

thanks a lot for the help im really retarded so im glad you guys are being patient

Attached: vox.png (1139x823, 358K)

Build quality and tone.

Well i mean, the difference between cheap and quality guitars/basses is more about pickups/parts used. That and quality of life

I mean if you have a shitty bridge and tuning pegs, it could be going out of tune alot, not holding intonation, frettting out, cheaper neck could have a shitty truss rod, shitty cheap bridges could make your action wonky as fuck, unreliable electronics. Usually that's only an issue with really cheap shit though

Yes, they're great for practice and if you should quit, you throw that one in with the instrument itself. And if you don't quit, it's still an excellent piece of kit to have when you feel like playing in the middle of the night without having the neighbors call the cops on your ass.

okay thank you user im gonna buy the RBX and the Vox now and ill update when its here thanks so much for the help everyone

Good luck.

What's everyone working on at the moment?
For me, it's Cannonball Rag by Merle Travis. I've got all the chords and the fingerpicking articulations down, I just need to work on smoothing it out.

Attached: 1531987196233.jpg (832x768, 63K)

My jcm900 4100 fits the bill.

100 watts sounds a bit too much...

Get a used korean dean. A used dean custom 450 with string thru body.

Various tracks from Kaipa's Solo.

>he's looking at and is asking for bass stuff
>ugjghhh get a dean lmao
Stop

Pk well dean makes great bass guitars too. Look at the hillsborough its nice

theory is descriptive, not prescriptive. there's no reason to study it unless you actually want to learn theory for it's self (its really cool)

Knowing the WHYs of music is good to know if you want to compose and make it. But the whole 'hurr durr you NEED to know it to play a few songs you like on guitar" meme needs to die

Yes, just pidgeon hole yourself into some self taught pentatonic nonsense.

Are tele casters good for funk?

Attached: 15538175471487794907310830029677.jpg (2160x2160, 1.37M)

different people learn from different sources

if you can learn everything from ear and improvisation then why get a book out

Yes. So is any other guitar

Can I get some recommendations on Jazzmaster pickups? Plz resopnd.

the gospel aint gunna read itself

The HH tele is really the funkyiest

Twanginess can be good for funk chords, but strats are better because they possess "hoopiness"(pic related). You want funk instruments to have a rounded upper end to them, it allows them to be punchy, while still allowing you play very vigorously.
You could also just roll off the treble a smidge, but even then, strats have a certain characteristic sound that you just can't capture on a tele.
Sorry if this is a bit esoteric

Attached: Screenshot_20190328-181324.png (1080x1920, 296K)

C'mon man just give it up. You've posted this shitty bait twice already.

itt nigger IQ in action

>tube amps
>Pedals
>Gibson guitars
>Fender guitars
>Bass guitars with more than 4 strings
>Erg's
>Stone and/or wood picks
>Expensive cables
>Jazz guitar
>Blues guitar
>Anything "handwired"
>Pointy guitars
>"Finger" style

O I am laffin

Attached: images (1).jpg (225x225, 7K)

/gg/ - Guitar and weak bait general

Attached: 1540951388015.jpg (600x600, 37K)

This

Rosewood on korean dean

Attached: 20190120_144431(1).jpg (1670x2994, 873K)

WHO HERE PEEPEE PLUCKS

Attached: 8AFB1169-D9C8-442A-9992-1A062C4D52AE.jpg (454x605, 43K)

How do I battle the discomfort of learning new hard stuff

How different is electric upright bass from bass guitar?

An hero

What

Kys.
Also smoke weed i guess or pop some addies.

Should i convert my guitar to a fretless? What are the risks

Risks are not liking it.

Buy new gear

Attached: 20190304_175036.jpg (1851x1134, 1.39M)

I get wrist pain only from use of my pinky finger. I get it only on the side where my pinky is too. Are my tendons fucked? Anyone have any experience with this?

Worth the price tag?

Attached: RE20pedal-large.jpg (750x662, 69K)

Maybe. Or you have cubital tunnel

Same experience, tried every trick in the book. Which type of neck are you using? I honestly think C profiles cause this issue for me.

Idk, all I know is that p bass necks are probably not making this problem easier to deal with.
Fug, this has been on and off for months now, guess I need to do a few weeks of therapy and if it doesn't improve bye bye bass.

Kill yourself

I'm kidding with the cubital tunnel. Unless your elbow also hurts. Probably some tendonitis. You should have it looked at before it gets worse

Another good option is to get a usb/instrument interface cable, plug it into your computer, and play through a DAW. If you've got a mac with garageband, that'll probably be perfectly fine for a beginner.

>usb/instrument interface cable,
no i dont have one of these ill look into though do they run cheap or are they a more expensive cord? would be nice to be able to record a bass line if i came up with one. i dont have a mac though but i think i can run garageband on windows

A quick search on ebay seems to indicate that there are cheap chink ones that may be hit or miss in terms of quality. If you can find a used rocksmith cable, that would probably be your best bet. There are several different DAWs available, I just gave the example of garageband since it's preloaded onto macs.

Also, DAWs are super versatile, you can put together an entire backing track and simulate lots of different effects/amps/cabs, recording a bass line is just the tip of the iceberg.

...and stop buying music equipment off amazon, go to a specialist website - or even a fucking store

Not him, but why?

But what you posted doesn't make any sense? Strats are 25 and 1/2 in, whereas short scales like the PRS Santana and Jaguars are 24-ish.

Chinkshit

You know they sell more than that on Amazon, right?

And overpriced. Go to reverb and sweetwater.

i only looked on amazon first cause of free shipping and i dont have a car yet i could take the bus though but i ordered the RBX170 and vox from guitar center

>DAWs are super versatile
im guessing none of these can be "newbie friendly" since they all are made for music which is really complex but what would you say is the best for simulating instruments you dont have? cause i also have a piano but i dont know how to play and i dont know if ill ever try to learn piano just doesnt seem for me

>I just gave the example of garageband since it's preloaded onto macs.
i didnt read this beforehand sorry ill just look into them all i guess maybe garageband cause seems really easy to use

I recently picked up bass, and the action is pretty high (im still waiting for the allen wrench to lower the action lol), and yeah. I have the exact same problem on my fretting hand. But I've been playing bass for about a week and I the pain to go away.

Only if you don't know how to search

I really don't have much experience with anything outside of garageband honestly, but I'm sure there are several others which are easy enough to use. I'd look around on youtube for reviews and demos of "cheap/beginner DAWs" or something.

Ok retard.

What humbucker pickups do I need to get that QOTSA sound?

kek

Jcm900

Wrong
Ampeg vt-60

I don’t trust anyone that uses meme marketing and snake oil buzzwords

Holdsworthbro here to remind you that you're all plebs. Especially samuel and that faggot with the pink guitar.

After looking up hommes gear i realized i need an ampeg 8x10 to hook my jcm900 up to. I thought the bass was unreal already i can only imagine how boomy a jcm900 through a bass cab would sound

why do people shitpost like barre chords are some impossible thing like ' aw man my finger hurts when I do them/I can never get my b string to play a note '

>rent free

p90s and bass cabs

>meet musician i vibe with
>send me tabs for his band
>i cant fucking play it at all
thinking about selling my gear lads. i feel like a talentless FUCK

please post your practice routine. please

practice you cuck you aren't getting anywhere if you just sit around whining instead of actually trying to improve

i practice all the time lad. its like constant sixteenth notes at 200+ bpm with really weird slides and stretches.

Attached: 848.png (659x525, 205K)

Attached: 20190320_132945.jpg (2635x2268, 3.91M)

I hope you prove me wrong user but you definitely definitely can't learn everything by ear. Just pick up a basic book and learn ffs it's not that hard if you have the gumption to do it. Harmony & Theory is a good start

Thats my boy.

Follow pink suhr’s practice routine I feel like I’m making gains

>a connection got you an audition with a record label
>you're told the label is looking for an act with authentic rock credibility
>you show up
>you're not playing a Gibson

Attached: 1553754919006.jpg (599x605, 155K)

Are you in this thread user
I love snake.

>six saddles
Absolutely patrician.
I figured out what you meant despite your failure to cross-board link, and the answer is yes.

What did you show up with? I brought my mia strat and wmi dean superstrat with emgs and floyd rose.

vocaroo descending hammer-ons or gtfo

Forgive me user
Who is your favorite Monogatari girl and what guitar do you play

But what if I don’t want to practice

Then die

Attached: 20190325_145515.jpg (2268x4032, 3.43M)

Then dont worry about it bro. You will have a beautiful life with or without a guitar. Just learn to live as your true faggot self and you will be fine

I love the epiphone hollows, i played tele for ages but i borrowed a mates casino re-issue and it has some really nice sounds, esp for like 600/700 AUD second hand, im not shelling out however the fuck much an actual gibson costs

Attached: 55813561_2556070267740665_6100524908188532736_n.jpg (720x833, 30K)

What brand is this

Attached: 1529302264280.png (673x608, 344K)

can you post it?

Rorschach

That is a Bacchus bass

GUITAR IS TURNING YOU GAY

Here you go

Attached: 4AF1EB04-B28D-46FD-94C0-F5A54B2775A5.jpg (1125x837, 532K)

hmm, getting good looks like a lot of work I don't know if I'm into that

They actually should. I'm sick and fucking tired of everything being a strat with a different headstock.

It's not even that good of a shape. It looks dumb. It's outdated. I get that musical instruments have a component of tradition to the culture, but the solid-body electric guitar isn't even 100 years old. Make something new. Try and stumble upon a design that doesn't look like a toy with cartoonish devil horns and a big hunk of body wood that doesn't actually do anything tonally, functionally, or ergonomically.

Someone, make something new. But don't flub like strandberg and just make a goofy headless strat with more body wood cut out. Guitars don't need devil horns.

Attached: BD7TCT-17P-M-F-NA_C.jpg (1338x2000, 1.56M)

all the stupid shapes are an ode to the irrelevance of what you make the body out of.

60s jap shitplank vs modern chinesium shitplank, who would you rather

>no devil horns or pointless ornaments
>only enough body wood to be comfortable in the definitive playing positions: classical and standing with a strap
>good fretboard access for each hand

only a gibson is good enough

Attached: gibson-flying-v-2018-aged-cherry.jpg (1600x2398, 249K)

Sounds like you want a Gittler

would be the perfect shape if you could rest it on your leg

Speaking of wanting guitars that arent strat style bodies, why hasnt a modern company made something like a Vox Phantom with modern electronics?

Attached: 48237d9f2dea8c74c2a72126cf63d933-chad_75_pb.jpg (600x400, 33K)

no i mean like playing in bed or on the couch or something. sometimes im lazy and dont want to classical position it

not digging the limited thumb positions

should have a lightweight metal "fretboard" so you have somewhere to put your hand, but otherwise it actually looks like a purpose built instrument

Attached: preview (2).jpg (1200x1200, 108K)

Rip kurt cobaine

That's Kip Winger

Once again, anime girls have solid taste in guitars.

>les pauls
>mustangs
>flying Vs
>jazz basses
>stars
>japanese-made superstrats

Attached: 153-1533662_for-the-fireworks-i-swear-transparent-kasumi-toyama.jpg (820x899, 398K)

>no anime girls play ibeenhad

case in point

>ibeenhad
What did he mean by this

w-what do you think she does with the horn of that guitar?

no japanese woman --fictional or otherwise-- has better taste in gear than Hisako

Attached: 3506815306_1c7dacd5bb_o.jpg (3000x4000, 2.2M)

Why do Japanese woman have such good taste

Attached: d46717c1-ba15-4489-bccf-8381c3905789.jpg (512x640, 83K)

they are not constrained by trying to imitate western pop music stars they make their own way by just using what they think is good and imitate lesser known jazz and prog rock players more often than not

>strap too low
>Cable sticking out like a pecker shaft
>cable blocks easier access to vibrato bar
>thin leather strap that digs into your shoulder
>improper form with thumb creeping over
>probably plays 8 or 9 gauge strings because tiny feeble Asian woman hands
>mismatched head and cabinet
>insufficient lighting
>face employs a blank robotic look

Truly the best in taste

Attached: 1547414481071.jpg (431x580, 41K)

>vargposter
>shit opinions
wow what a surprise!!

>8/9 gauge strings
these are the best if you aren't down tuning.
>mismatched head and cabinet
this is also the correct thing to do. don't be a brandwhore, make your own tone.

Attached: d9b9d243-0db5-47c7-96df-27d4b47b8db9.jpg (1280x853, 163K)

Gittler literally did nothing wrong

Attached: GittlerDidNothingWrong.jpg (640x450, 38K)

gay af

>Once again, anime girls have solid taste in guitars.

Hell yeah they do

Attached: anime girl.jpg (920x584, 59K)

Which anime is this

>signature guitars are totally lame, you need to find your own sound bro
>*plays a les paul*

Bang K-@STER

Attached: QOTSA_Anime_Girl.jpg (790x395, 43K)

How the fuck do people manage to grind scales and arpeggios for 10 hours a day? I lose focus after 10 minutes

Have autism unironically

How do I do this thing where the tab says:
-
Is there some wizardry involved with muting that middle string with one of the fretting fingers?

Hybrid picking

push down the middle string with a free finger from your picking hand, that way it'll be out of the way when you strum

Seriously though there must be a way. Maybe nofap will help increase my focus?

Thanks, I'll try both.

I don't practice but this is a little thingy i made up to work on economy picking mixed with sweeps. first time is slow, then fast. normally i would do it to a metronome and ya its sloppy but im about to go to bed so i dont care.

when i was working on my technique normally i would learn songs and practice them with the cd playing. holdsworth, greg howe, some tech death shit mostly. sweeping over and over to a metronome is boring.

vocaroo.com/i/s1uuzGn8vaFc

thats about all peace out

jut learn songs instead. nobody fucking practices scales and arpeggios for hours. or sit in front of a tv and practice them while watching.

"24 ish" is not short scale by any measure. 22" and so on is short scale.

>audition with a record label
The 1970s are over, son.

Ok user I’ll just learn songs instead I’m sure that will give me enough skills to solo over “giant steps” great fucking advice

Sounds sped up. Props if not, thats gnarly.

label reps come to shows to scout talent still, so it's kind of a thing

Yeah but you don't have a fucking "audition" in front of the label unless you're in the Japanese/Korean idol industry, in which case you're not a musician anyway.

Ya but labels are gay and jewish. You dont need em now. And its not really a thing.

good post
les paul is not short scale, it's shorter scale compared to the longer scale length standard of 648 mm, it's still long-scale by itself.
actual short scales are 3/4 guitars or tenor guitars

Mute the one in the middle.

Why do so many Japanese guitarists play with these types of picks?

Attached: 51AKF2h13PL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1121x1106, 40K)

>caged

Attached: 46DE8B78-F508-4E24-9849-93942FBFEBEF.jpg (554x554, 26K)

>you're not playing a gibson

Because electric guitar is starting to take its rightful place as a niche instrument this will be seen as a good thing if you are playing something semi-obscure and upscale like a PRS, Japanese Schecter, Suhr, Ibanez, ESP, or custom built item because it won't look like you're some faggot desperate to imitate the archetypal rock and roll icon, but it will still look like you know what you're doing. The only "vintage" guitars you can get away with in terms of image management are the telecaster and stratocaster and only if you're pushing the retro indie angle. Gibsons are too tryhard rock and roll, like yesterday's PRS for people who want to be slash.

Really, imagine you show up to a talent scouting audition with your $4000 LP and the scout says "oh, who do you think you are, john lennon? my daughter watches a cartoon where a teenage girl plays that guitar, you know.". And then the next guy in line holding some rarely seen imported ESP steps up as you're on your way out and you overhear the scout saying
"What is that? I've never seen one of those metal guitars be that well made".

Roman I know you're in the discord and are reading THIS

Attached: ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif (275x250, 3.79M)

Thanks user!

Attached: 1541933908456.png (723x1000, 496K)

because they're easier to hold on to if you have tiny hands

he hasn't been here in 5 years

Attached: 1538706533842.jpg (219x210, 5K)

He's literally in the generals discord. He has to be here.

Attached: hi.jpg (251x289, 17K)

>He has to be here
[citation needed]

so I just searched Google and found some badly archived thread with someone giving his supposed discord
supforums.com/thread/73971403/music/gg-guitar-and-bass-general.html
...and it matches with this image that was posted a while ago. it's the same username but it could be a other copycat I suppose. it's better than nothing

Attached: Snipit_1550350307221.jpg (249x118, 6K)

good times

Why do expensive squiers exist? Why not buy a regular Fender strat

Because markup.

Because they're simple and cute

What do you mean?

Because Epiphone/Squier are really fucking cheap to make and putting a bit of cheap polish on them and calling them signature or whatever allows Gibson and Fender to sell them for an even bigger markup to people who don't know better.
>Guitar costs $100 to make
>Normal version retails for $400
>Put on $50 worth of hardware and labor
>"Special Signature Limited Edition" sells for $600

That explains why Fenders are expensive not squiers

No it doesn't. That fender built in Mexico or America is far more expensive not just material wise, but labor compared to that shit built in China.
Of course there's markup on MIM and MIA shit too, but the profit margins are on the "high end" of the cheap shit.

Daily reminder that if you’re not practicing 10-12 hours a day at a minimum you’re never going to make it

I feel like you should try this play somewhere that isn't full of NEETs.

I can do 200 bpm triplet cockpicking

On a piano I suppose? Wasting this time on an explored toy instrument such as the guitar is a funny thought.

Daily reminder that Im already wealthy enough and I don't need to"make it". Guitar is just entertaining

Because, honest to God, probably 50% of people who pick up a guitar never learn how to barre.
Half the time I've met another guitarist who wants to play, they can't play barres or even play in time. It really is unbelievable.

Attached: 1553777632969.png (504x502, 230K)

roman hasn't been here in 5 years because he has spent every hour awake practicing. 10-12 hours is probably pathetic for him.

Attached: 77yiyu(2).png (267x390, 99K)

That's no good. He isn't up to speed to new techniques such as kakapicking and cockpicking

Yeah, like you know how to barre, you little faggot

You can't even kakapick, lmao, don't talk to me

I got one of these bad boys a couple years ago, I've gotten pretty good, memorized a buncha chords and can string them together pretty smoothly. Learning scales now since that seems to be a bit harder for me but I'm getting there.
My question though, I don't know dick about amps, I'm really into surfer rock, ska and punk. What's the best amp to fit my guitar and those genres?

Attached: 7_Body_Left_Front_NA-9868608cddf784e6bbc9407471da23e3.jpg (2012x3200, 326K)

I think they're just too deep into the fret and don't think about getting the strings to actually touch the fret. Just use the side of your finger where its harder, right behind the fret, and you barely have to use any force to get it right.

Any Fender amp

Quit.

Attached: IMG_20190329_085655.jpg (207x125, 15K)

So you're saying a $400 retail squier would be better than a Fender at the same retail price?

This might be a bit late but "guitar sheet music" is octave'd treble clef, not grand staff, what the fuck are you all on about. Writing guitar music in grand staff sucks and a lot of trained guitarists just prefer to read ledger lines over reading two clefs at once.

Where did I say that?

When learning modes, do you need to learn the modes starting from both the E and A string or just what the corresponding mode on the A string is on the E string?

For example, playing F#m7b5 into a B7 could be the scales F# Locrian on the second fret on the E string into the B Mixolydian starting on the second fret on the A string, but should you think about it as playing F# Dorian on the E string instead of the B Mixolydian, since they're the exact same scale?

Is there any rule that helps you make that conversion on the fly?

Do soundhole plugs make much difference in terms of volume? Just got myself my first guitar (ship off date for basic training isn't for a few months so I've got time to kill and am about to tell my boss at work to fuck himself so I'll have even more) so I'll be playing at all hours of the day/night if I can get away with it.

Right now I've just got a sock under the strings at the bottom and it does a fair job as well.

Also, is that Justin guy in the OP the only 'recommended' beginner mentor or are there some others?

No. Eat kaka and die

Really rustlers my jimmies how everyone thinks you should start on acoustic guitar.
Some based black dude a thread ago got 100 buck electric with a single bridge pickup and hardtail Bridge. And now he's wankering away day and night on Troy Stetina books at any volume.
I think that's how you start.

Who's Italo-burrito?

Indeed user

Attached: qTui6v8bJklh.jpg (2104x1531, 328K)

I've got a red/white fender electric guitar upstairs somewhere that I bought from a friend that was short on money ages ago (I think he sold it to be cheap because he wanted me to learn so we could play together but I could never be bothered)

I just don't really have any interest in electric guitars and spending money on amps or pedals or any of that. I just want to play some comfy stalker bandit music.

I'm tired of my polyester strap digging into my shoulder. Can an user attest to the comfort of a leather one, maybe with a sheepskin pad?

Attached: s-l1600[1].jpg (1000x1000, 95K)

>rent free

Absolutely.
Guitar is an octave bassa instrument when reading Treble Clef, so most of our notes are technically in the bass clef.

Our most common notes on the Grand Staff cluster around the area between.

Who /gig night/ here lads

Soundhole plugs ime help when you are going into a PA

Sell for shekels before the boomer guitar market collapses

New thread