Support your favorite artists you retards

Support your favorite artists you retards

Attached: BA46A25C-B387-4932-A774-638D8F58EFB5.jpg (750x649, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techdirt.com/articles/20100712/23482610186.shtml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

upboted!

i'm broke

then no music for you, poorfag

Says who, faggot?

says me, you retard. are you blind?

Paying for music is an antiquated concept.

musicians need to suffer for their art.

Attached: Levi12.png (2004x1318, 3.03M)

I'm not paying for useless physical media. I've bought music from Bandcamp though, which pays them even more.

This is factually untrue. At best, artists make $2.00 per unit of physical media. This is the deal that U2 bartered for themselves, who are the highest earning band to have ever existed. 5000 track streams at the low royalty rate of $0.006, which is Spotify's minimum pay out would earn you $30. That's 15x the amount of one physical record, which essentially none of the additional cost of production that the label needed to front. Do some fucking research first, idiot.

>yeah, it's REALLY REALLY hard to make it as a musician now....GUESS WHAT, IT FUCKING ALWAYS WAS.

Attached: ott.jpg (1000x1000, 296K)

But I do user

1) I don't give a shit
2) most of the artists that I listen to are millionaire boomers or dead

They're all dead

>At best, artists make $2.00 per unit of physical media. This is the deal that U2 bartered for themselves

Not everyone is signed to Disney-General Electrics Records or whatever shit U2 and every other major artists is signed to. Artists get fucked out of revenue by major record labels.

techdirt.com/articles/20100712/23482610186.shtml

That article massively overinflates the cost of recording by about 10x. That said, I think we're pointing to the same thing there, that best case scenario for album revenue is not that different from stream revenue at the end of the day.

Get Napster. They pay out the highest at about a quarter per album play.

Attached: Streaming-Music-Payouts.png (750x189, 55K)

I do

-buy cd
-rip flacs
-shelf cd

I plan on buying merch in a couple of months. Also if more of my favorite artists had paypal I'd pay them directly. Also, a lot of my favorite artists don't need the money more than I do.

I buy clothing merch I don’t buy music

No. :)

Not true unless you willingly sold your merchandise rights away, and unlike u2 most artists do make a decent amount of merch

you now remember Tidal

The best way to support an artist is buying physical media and merch directly from their table on tour, but through an online storefront they directly manage is second best.

Merchandise is regulated differently than physical media in the vast majority of label deals.

My point was more along the lines of indie artists, not everyone is going to get millions of hits on spotify
exactly.

We spent years, decades even, rightfully rallying against major record labels that were bloated and would cheat artists out of their rights and revenue and now it seems we're going full circle again where there's only 2 or 3 major music services online.

t. r*ddit

That doesnt refute anything I’ve said