Do any of you appreciate this record? I think its awesome specially the second half

do any of you appreciate this record? I think its awesome specially the second half.

newfag here just testing the waters, dont destroy me too bad

Attached: Coldplayparachutesalbumcover.jpg (324x324, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=okaMU9yL0m4
youtube.com/watch?v=iesb6MgFMlA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's the best Radiohead rip-off record. Total compliment. Its like Radiohead through a very strict pop lens.

please stay on reddit

lol

funny you say that, in this "phase" of sensible music ive been listening to radiohead too, I feel an ok computer vibe to it

Personally, I feel that Coldplay are just worse Radiohead, and that Funeral by Arcade Fire is what Parachutes wishes it could be.

parachutes is great. 2nd place to viva la vida imo

I like Coldplay and I’m not afraid to admit it. Parachutes, Rush of Blood to the Head Viva la Vida are great albums. Brilliant anthemic stadium rock.

Parachutes was the first album I bought as a kid. Don't Panic is such a good song. Everything up to Viva la Vida is pretty good. After that I'm not really not too much of a fan.

I too like Coldplay and aren't afraid to admit it. Also welcome to Yea Forums OP, hope you survive the experience

Based

wasnt coldplay a u2 ripoff?

good to see I am not alone

thanks

I have nothing against Coldplay, but the only album of theirs that I ever found worth listening to was Viva La Vida (I haven't listened past Mylo Xyloto)

mostly. kind of a lovechild of u2 and 90s radiohead.

X&Y in particular is very u2

I'm kinda in the same boat, cept it's A Rush of Blood for me. Parachutes, X&Y, and Viva are ok I guess. But A Rush of Blood is so great.

If Viva la Vida said Radiohead on the cover it would be Yea Forumscore

>youtube.com/watch?v=okaMU9yL0m4

Parachutes and Rush of Blood to the Head are both great, the B-sides deserve more recognition also

>B-sides deserve more recognition also
agreed. also the viva la vida companion EP, prospekt's march, is very good

x&y>viva la vida>a rush of blood >parachutes
rest is trash

Coldplay is my guilty pleasure, I actually love them

Love Coldplay until Viva la Vida. Parachutes is pretty good yeah.

reminder that Coldplay made the best shoegaze song of the 2000s
youtube.com/watch?v=iesb6MgFMlA

Wish they released that as a separate song instead of being a hidden song after Yes

it's worth remembering that Scaruffi actually sums artists and albums up incredibly well

>Coldplay, led by singer Chris Martin and guitarist Jonny Buckland, is the English band that, at the end of the decade, summarized everything that Brit-pop had produced, from Verve's melincholia to Radiohead's retro-futurism, from Smiths sweet condescension to Suede's decadent vein. The EP Safety (Coldplay, 1998), containing the first version of Bigger Stronger, the single Brothers And Sisters (Fierce Panda, 1999) and the five-song EP The Blue Room (Parlophone, 1999), with High Speed and Don't Panic, showcased a kinder, gentler form of Brit-pop.
>The album Parachutes (Parlophone, 2000), that entered the British charts at number one, was mainly a display of dynamic and emotional ranges, as if to prove that, after so many failures (Blur, Oasis) the genre has acquired maturity and solidity. Despite the fact that their hit single, Yellow, relies on yet another catchy, upbeat refrain, songs like the majestic, stately, anthemic Everything's Not Lost and the tracks already published on EP present a fresh and sober take on melodic rock. Sparks and Trouble are derivative of the Smiths, but the whole album is just one gigantic summary of British pop. Martin is a better vocalist than this derivative album allows him to be, as proven by his falsetto acrobatics in Shiver.

Tomatelá te dije

chris martin called parachutes a terrible album and he was right
coldplay got much better in subsequent records
id rather listen to their modern radio-edm-pop than martin wailing nonsense lyrics over some cheesy acoustic guitar melody

Based. Rush of blood will always be their best

Rush of Blood to the Head is a legitimately great album.

Parachutes is the one album that's not totally garbage by an otherwise increadibly mediocre pop band