Holy shit!!

holy shit!!

Attached: F9A3E9DA-7D05-44FD-81B0-AB2825A1E984.jpg (1642x1534, 349K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!K80A3IgQ!m0m0vmgmXeIDA31HW_-Bwg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

holy shit!!

the board's overall non-reaction to this album makes me sad. personally i enjoyed it a lot. although i don't have much else to say about it so i suppose i'm just part of the problem too

fucking wrong image.

Attached: cover.jpg (3000x3000, 2.28M)

>AOTY (so far) drops
>Yea Forums completely sleeps on it
what a shocker

the anco fanbase here is dead

i have plenty to say about it but i'll say it left something to be desired and i loved eucalyptus way more. immediately when i heard season high i fell in love. hearing what's the goodside made me scratch my head. i kind of hate the vocal melody of that song.

imo his best album easily. clicked immediately for me, might take a minute for others but it's so goddamn tasty

also tipped in hugs is better than anything on the album.

AnCo hasnt had an album praised by Pitchfork or Fantano for a while, which directly effects it's score on RYM, which directly effects what people on this board listen to

unfortunately too true.

KC! KC! DII DI DIIII

if p4k or fantano give this a good review, look at the RYM score go up, and then watch as people start to talk about it 100 fold

where are you guys listening to this? i can't find it anywhere online

i bought the deluxe lp that came with a 10".

also here.
mega.nz/#F!K80A3IgQ!m0m0vmgmXeIDA31HW_-Bwg

seeing him on the 11th!!!!

me too!!! :^)

see you there then ;)

I personally just didn't like the album, but okay incel

It's good shit. Somehow, it's made me appreciate Eucalyptus more. That album is incredible if a bit bloated toward the end

holy shit

Attached: 1(4).jpg (511x306, 43K)

i think i agree that Season High is better than almost anything on Cows, but the fact that Eucalyptus has so much filler towards the end while there's only one real filler track on Cows (Chilly Blue) (and it's pretty satisfying for a filler track) puts the album as a whole ahead

Yeah it gets a bit bloated after PJ. Boat Race and Roamer could both really go if it were up to me. I love Season High, Melody Unfair, Ms. Secret, Lunch out of Order, Jackson 5, In Pieces, Selection of a Place, Coral Lords and When You Left Me though. Definitely my favorite Avey release.

I would really only say Lunch Out of Order and maybe DR aw one for J and Boat Race are the only filler pieces. Lunch Out of Order still remains pretty interesting though, something pretty different from Avey that kind of reminds me of the demo release he did with Geo a couple years ago. Spring Songs for Stretching or something? I can't really ever even remember what Boat Race or DR aw one for J sounds like though.

honestly shocked at how low down there is rated, I thought it was an established anco classic

It's not a terrible album but it suffers from a lack of memorable tracks in my opinion. Thee Umbrellas, Laughing Heiroglyphic, Heather in the Hospital and Ghost of Books are really all that come to mind for me.

kc yours is a fucking slapper

Attached: 1553057795287.jpg (358x373, 39K)

based

love the horse hoof sample on hors_

is it me or is the mixing on this pretty bad? i feel like there is a lot of distortion and clipping going on and it's driving me mad. is it my headset? or the album?

it was apparently recorded and mixed old school style on a reel to reel using no computers

Eh, sounds like Avey or whoever engineered it doesn't really have an understanding of recording with tape. I love the warmth and saturation of tape but the low ends on this record get extremely muddy and noisy and it kind of ruins the overall feel for me.

not really..
iv'e seen multiple AnCo threads pop up on this board, I even made a few

i like down there and pullhair rubeye much more than this new album

Lucky 1 and Oliver Twist.

not him but oliver twist is in the top 5 for listens of any song ever on my last.fm. such a fucking great song.

nah its dead dog, back in teh day anco threads were constant
they just dont get enough high scores on p4k to be talked about on here

why did you made me listen to this shit?

depressing

You want to know why I didn’t react? Because I listened to it the day it came out and I thought “wow this is shit, once again avey proves he’s use all his best material for anco years ago and his magic is long gone”
Fuck off, just because people don’t like a shitty Avey solo album doesn’t mean we all abide by those reviewers and sites. Get your head out of your ass, the album wasn’t good

terrible

Listening on better headphones this AM. I need to trash my other ones I think they are blown. This sounds a lot cleaner, even on my ear buds. Allows me appreciate this much more.

What a shit attitude and opinion.

This board is filled with disgusting pleb sheeple who needs others to sheperd and curate their tastes.
It's fine if you like/dislike something based on your own decision through a personal review rather than an external one and at worst something by the likes that work for e.g. pitchfork.

Attached: 1553358204729.jpg (174x321, 18K)

Downers,
That something she doesn't see fitting in her life.
But then how could you after you heard all the stories.
And then someone says people can see all dimensions.
So he ran off and kissed all the trees.

The bass synth during this part is perfect.

It was okay, about on par with eucalyptus for me. Something about Avey's recent vocal bothers me, but it definitely wasn't bad

l'm not letting you trick me into listening to some shit-core with your god damned
>holy shit!
Shitty fucking shill thread.
Can a shitty album promotion thread at least
>Put the album name
>Put the artist name
>Give some sort of blurb about the albums good qualities
Nope it's just
>Post album art
>Complain that nobody listens to it and that p4k doesn't like it

Reminder that Avey is a boomer and has nothing to offer the browsers of Yea Forums

Whenever I start a thread like that it gets ignored because the autists here cant be arsed to read.

It's great but Down There is still his best

>panda

Attached: anco19.png (467x112, 16K)

i’m seein him this friday it’s gonna be so nice i saw deak and panda just a few months ago too

>tfw listening to them both back to back puts me in the perfect mood
How are the AnCo boys so good at it bros?

Going to see him on Thursday, in Asheville where he recorded the album. Expecting very spiritual vibes. Might eat some shrooms.

Hell yea man, I went to see them at one of their PW shows a couple years ago on 2 tabs and it was so fucking crazy, one of the best shows I’ve ever seen. I kept seeing the faces on the statues they had with them melt off throughout the show, highly recommend. I’m going to see him in Austin on 4/20, I am very excited

his split w David Grubbs, Pullhair Rubeye, Down There and Eucalyptus are all way better than this. the album has a decent sound but the songwriting is really unremarkable and overall the attempt at making a more polished, commercial product is one which is admirable but resulted in an album that doesn’t emotionally astound in the way his best work does. kc yours is a real fun song but other than that, really wish Avey didn’t sacrifice his freakiness for the sake of broader appeal.

I think the shit attitude is
>wow no one likes this album
>it must be because pitchfork and fantano didn’t review it!!!
Fucking pathetic. Can’t be just understand it’s not a good album?

AnCo has never given a shit about the audience or appealing to anyone. They just make what they want to at the time, and this is the current result.

yeah man I’m sure these shorter edits of songs on the album are something Avey really felt personally invested in
Domino’s influence is felt all over this album in a way it was not on Eucalyptus

>there isn’t any meandering bullshit on this album, it was le bad record label mans fault!
Down There is the exact same way and is easily Avey Tares best solo album up until this point. Just because he finally released a consistent album doesn’t mean they’re not gonna make weird shit anymore. Go listen to Tangerine Reef (which was released less than a year ago) if you want some good ‘out there’ shit

Like the shorter, worse version of Selection of a Place on Eucalyptus?

damn I don't like his music.

Listen to Sleep Cycle or Panda Bear then

thats not even the whole argument though, idc what you think about Avey tare but you must acknowledge the correlation of the top albums each year on RYM and how often they are discussed- you'll see an album w maybe 200 ratings but when Fantano or Pitchfork review something, it skyrockets to 1000+ ratings

10000000%