Anyone else here ever met a famous musician?

Anyone else here ever met a famous musician?

Attached: 53402124_280250472906156_6595181468353834047_n.jpg (799x999, 153K)

depends on what you mean by famous

I like this image because I get the same eye thing when I smile and I don’t like it in pictures

what? squint?

Yes, but more noticeably in my left eye

What?

depends on what you define as famous

Like D-list or better

opened for mac demarco once, also opened for viet cong once and met them a bunch of times, met charles bradley, chad vangaalen. there's more bit how much you care depends on your familiarity with the Canadian music world

Attached: kevinshields.jpg (639x843, 136K)

the Canadian music industry is pretty small
my cousin is actually dating the drummer from Born Ruffians and my friend's old landlord was one of the guys from Silverstein

met avey tare a couple times. super nice guy, very relaxed and down to earth

I've met the guys from cky before. I just won't forget tobacco's qtp2t wife giving me a tight hug when I told her that BMSR's "dandelion gum" got me through my seasonal, and deep depression for years. It's not that she hugged me, it's that she was so emphatic and her emotion felt real. She ignored everyone there to come up to me and listen to what I had to say. That meant a lot, and I got emotional about it afterwards.

i met him once too. he was super chill. i asked him about some of his synths and shit. real sweet dude.

haha yeah that sounds about right. it's very easy to close degrees of separation. I booked born ruffians once, they were good.

I'm friends with a guy who was a singer in a semi famous emo band back in 2005

I once talked to a homeless guy who said he was in a famous band. So there's that I guess.

Attached: 9F15AAD7-C93B-4A79-9160-851E15FC06E8.jpg (400x533, 69K)

you met Jeff Mangum!?

I’ve met Merle Allin and Aesop Rock

Nope. I'd like to meet Glen Danzig for some reason. He rarely seems pissed off in interviews as he seems on stage.

I met Jack Senff, and I also met Jake from Free Throw, but thats about it. Both incredibly nice dudes

my friend met blackkray at the supermarket

James Mercer,also snail mail is not really a famous musician

i recorded a bunch of cello dubs for el-p at his studio. like playing literally every sound i could while he recorded. he's probably used some of it. i played a few shows opening for off and did blow w keith morris. i did blow with rick from casualties. i played on a lana del rey track and met her. i met john lassetter from pixar when i did overdubs on a movie. i met coldplay dude, skrillex, deftones dude (all on separate occasions) backstage at lollapalooza when i played with some shit band i was in. met perry farrell. list goes on. el-p was the coolest tho

you know who she is don't you? she's famous

thats sweet

Mild name-drops ahead…

Was just thinking about posting a thread about this. I went to high school in Montclair NJ with some successful bands or people who would go on to be in successful bands —Pinegrove, Forth Wanderers, Tawny Peaks did alright I think, lots of others I'm not sure how well they ended up being known. Alex G played in town a few times, I think with his band Skin Cells. Then I moved down to Philly and was on the periphery of the scene down there, again with Alex et al.

What it's really done, and why I wanted to mention it, is it's made me sort of skeptical about the image that these DIY-type bands put out. I saw these guys just being regular, and the way they get sort of tweaked and get their edges shaved off makes me feel a kind of cynicism about a lot of music. I still like a lot of the music from people I was half-friends with, but I end up looking at other bands with the same degree of success and I just can't buy into it as easily as I used to. Possibly part of it is aging out, but I'm still right in the middle of the target age-range. It's a shame.

the redhead guy from mastodon touched my dick as I was walking by him at a bar they were at after a show. it was very crowded but I am 100 percent sure he did it on purpose

Was the band Cute Is What We Aim For?

what band

I met Bach.

he defeated me in a duel after I fucked up his bassoon part and he said I played like a 'bleating goat'

I met Lavren at a house party before she was famous. A friend of mine, the owner of the house, left a recorder hidden in the bathroom. For years I've masturbated to what we believe are Lavren's farts.

Attached: 1.jpg (467x544, 65K)

Attached: 1548547767764.jpg (1099x1227, 146K)

I met the snail and she said I was really sweet

Attached: ryan-gosling-blade-runner-2049.jpg (970x545, 58K)

Fred Durst

i met brandon at a moped rally once, he's kind of a dick.

Fucking kek

Ayyeee let's be moped pals help me get my Puch to idle properly

he'd probably ignore you

It was worth a shot

One time when I was working at guitar center Thundercat came in and I told him to fuck off and to stop making music for jazzrap-making music school dropout baristas.

I've met Thom Yorke and Dan Barrett. Nice chaps, all.

things that never happened. he came in, you were star stuck, you didn't say anything. he left, and you made this shit up in your head

Also when I was working at gc j mascis came in and I was like sup man big fan and he was like ok

He actually just bought a pedal and I didn't really realize it was him until he was leaving and I saw he was wearing a jersey with his name on the back and I was like oh ok and then I went on break and bought some pizza

I met Richie Sambora drunk off his ass when I was 13 in a music store

Also yeah wtf of course that didn't happen lmao if get fired on the spot my man

I sold him a Roland Reverb and I've never been so pumped for someone to have such a monotone attitude towards me

I've met/talked to Tim kinsella twice, both times he was very cordial and nice
Also met Nick Reinhart from tera melos

Check for air-leaks or something, god damn.

Nick Cave, Thome Yorke, Robyn Hitchcock: all were twats.

Tom Jenkinson, Simon Raymonde, Joe Strummer: all were Noice.

i met TWICE at coex when they werent that big,
so just ignored them

I met Nergal

she cute

depends on what you define as famous

David Hodges, John LeCompte, and Bill Clinton

I've met and spoken to Jeff Mangum, and Doug Martsch. I saw Paul McCartney at a restaurant once, but didn't get to say hi.

I always wear the same t-shirt to shows with the specific intention of the bands being like "hey that's that same dickhead I saw a few months ago" and it worked, I'm on first name terms with several members of bands I really like.
In terms of people that you guys will have heard of... no, not really. Wil from Smith Street I guess.

What city are you? Edmonton?

lmao user you must look extremely funny in ALL of your photos and I believe you would be correct in being VERY self conscious and embarrassed about ALL photos taken of you!
>I bet people all laugh at you
>I hope they bully you VERY VERY HARD

Attached: Elite haxor.jpg (472x500, 16K)

went to high schoop with the current drummer of protest the hero

So back in the late 90's I used to follow Modest Mouse around when they were touring in Seattle. This was around before they released The Moon and Antarctica, or so. Isaac used to be hella thin and had these rad sideburns.

Anyway, since Modest Mouse wasn't as big as they are now sometimes me and some other fans can grab a quick chat with them after the show. It's pretty fun. They're cool guys, usually.

Once, after a show, we were talking, laughing, and smoking at the back, when Isaac said something about my shirt looking gay (it was pink). So, I said, "Well, not as gay as your sideburns."

Everybody stopped. The band stopped laughing and eyed me with that "You shouldn't have said that" look. Isaac looked pissed. He finished his cigarette and just went back inside without saying a word.

I didn't hear any tour dates after that. The next time I saw them live, after a year or so, Isaac was noticeably heavier and he had lost the sideburns.

So that's my story. I'd like to think him ditching the burns was my fault.

Is this real