How does mu feel about king gizzard?

how does mu feel about king gizzard?

Attached: 76CADE47-DECB-4DE0-BAE6-685589D2163C.png (602x596, 576K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SM7nLNAzd_Q
last.fm/user/Sugarpaw/library/music/The Murlocs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Great. Best is Nonagon Infinity. Lots of fun.

King reddit and the upvote wizard

their best is paper mache though

The bitter pieces of shit that hate Animal Collective now are the same ones that shout down any discussion of King Gizzard.

Best is Mind Fuzz
Seems Yea Forums doesn't like KGLW now for some reason, which is a shame since I found them browsing this place

nonagon is so ridiculously superior it’s not even funny

I despise anco, but king gizz are good on occasion.

i like nonagon infinity but you guys call it onions so i dont know :(

Better than Tame Impala

they are alright

They're my favorite band

"God is calling me back home" is their best song and I hate that it never gets played live anymore.

I love King Gizzard. Flying Microtonal Banana was huge here for a while which is probably why most people hate the King Gizzard discussion. It's been going on for some time now. I feel like they're great at what they do but they do fall into melodical tropes if you will. I don't necessarily know how to explain it. They definitely sound like their own but some of their stuff even being on completely separate albums will sound fairly similar. I think really I am just thinking about the string of three albums that are supposed to be related to one another. So that may have been an artistic choice to begin with. But then you have things like Paper Mache Dream Balloon where it's a psych/folk rock and jazz infused album from completely out of left field for them.

I am definitely following their story, because it's going to be interesting watching them grow over the next few years. Fishing For Fishies was yet again another change for them. It seems they'll be exploring blue-grass style instrumentation and song styling on it which will be fantastic to hear from them.

the best band I've seen live by a mile

i want to hear them go full sabbath. they’d make amazing doom albums

Overrated desu. Can only listen to their stuff once over. Not really worth coming back to. Eyes like the sky, i'm in your mind fuzz, quarters, nonagon infinity and microtonal banana are probably the only ones worth listening to, everything else they have done can be heard on these albums as they have pretty derivative riffs that become uninspired quickly.

its kinda novelty music, but its the novelty we need right now. Definitely gonna hear some more 70s sounds coming from other bands in a few years (ie all the high-schoolers covering gizzard now will have some gizzard-influences in them when they're older and famous)

>They only have 5 albums worth listening to
>Overrated

You're weird.

way WAYYYY better than thee oh sees and their annoying fucking

>yelp!

that they do a billion times in their music

they are millenial grateful dead

here are the three grizzard songs that i like

Sense
30 and 7
Willoughby's Beach

thanks

nonagon is literal entry level

fishing for fishies is such a good song

fuck off

nonagon sucks. boring and repetitive as shit. and i like their other albums but jesus christ these guys need to find a new way to write melodies that isnt just singing the riff

this is the only thing i think holds them back honestly, everything else is great though.

As someone who has never listened to them and will give one song a chance. I humbly request your favourite song

impossible to choose. my taste is too advanced.

youtube.com/watch?v=SM7nLNAzd_Q

coward
ty sir

yikes

Fucking awful shite band. Objectively speaking.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOH

Fuck you

Not even good bait

mind fuzz is where its at, love Slow Jam 2

Willoughby's Beach and FAFYL are fucking awesome records

I've been following these guys for quite some time and Nonagon is still their best record

I like nuclear fusion but that's it.

Minotaur > Rattlesnake

Muddy Water

also, I like seeing Gizz discussions but by god do you guys have some awful opinions

God tier:

Polygondwanaland

Great tier:
Im in your mind fuzz, FMB, Nonagon, Quarters!

Good Tier:
FAFYL, Gumboot Soup, Oddments, ELTS

Average tier:
Sketches, PMDB, 12 bar bruise

Murder of the Universe tier:
Murder of the universe

RATTLE RATTLE RATTLE

Patrician taste. There's plenty of great tracks on their early records, but most people focus on Mind Fuzz and later for some reason.

best pickle riffs in the game

It is, but it's the first four tracks that really make the album for me

The best is Polygondwanaland
When you’re a record seller that is

put oddments in the average tier and this'll be the patrician opinion

no gizz record is better than young blindness

Young Blindness has two good songs, three tops. The Murlocs are competent musicians, but their songwriting skills are mostly mediocre.

I mean...
last.fm/user/Sugarpaw/library/music/The Murlocs
If we talking Murlocs, I thing I’ve heard a couple of their songs. In all seriousness though I agree that Young Blindness is way better than any KGLW album.

In fact, I love them so much, I recently bought two harmonicas

>these guys need to find a new way to write melodies that isnt just singing the riff

I like the fusion of vocals and guitars. it sounds like one stream of musical consciousness

that’s a good way to describe it. i’ve always felt the vocals and the guitars go so damn well together.

It’s so boring and becomes monotonous so quickly tho, they could do so much more with their instrumentation - but they choose to just have one guitar chug whatever chord the song is based around and one guitar plays the melody. Like cmon have higher standards for songwriting, it’s soooo play out at this point

They're a band I feel like I should like but their albums are boring and a lot of their songs sounds the same. 'In your mind Fuzz' is the only album I like from them.

You're thinking of Tame Impala

good choice, one of their best

oh sees have soul, gizz are soulless

Right about here is where you should insert that one shitty copypasta meme about laughing in tears or whatever

Unironically this