Explain to me Yea Forums

explain to me Yea Forums

Attached: Soulseek-png-3.png (512x512, 74K)

twitter

/thread

is that a bird with a human head?

bird's seed & feed

That’s Articuno

Ummm... It's just a regular ass P2P network similar to Napster but improved slightly. Just slightly, it's still archaic as shit. No multithreaded transfers from multiple users like FastTrack and Gnutella had but those networks are dead lol. You can share files of any type, search for files from other users, download entire folders at once, chat, etc... You should probably share if you're going to use it. If you start downloading from users and they see you don't they'll probably ban you.

oh so I have to contribute well that was a waste of time

Just share the shit you download from it. That's what I do.

loophole

Yea Forums is the music discussion board on Yea Forums where users regularly post about seemingly the same 100 artists

you could just make a folder that contains a 1080p jpeg of your asshole and share that and you're fine

Who are the chads

I record myself covering the full Albums and share it as the originals :)

you monster

what 100 artists?

death grips

The Raindrops

Some of them are actually better. Like In teh Aeroplane over the Sea

Based

If you're a leech on Soulseek you should be given the worst quality of the music you're trying to download.

Merzbow, Boredoms, Gerogerigegege, Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Whitehouse, Nurse with Wound, Einstürzende Neubauten, Brainbombs, Egor Letov, Death in June, Current 93, La Monte Young, Moondog, Lou Harrison, Henry Cowell, Luigi Russolo, Popol Vuh, Fishmans, Jean Jacques Perrey, Les Rallizes Dénudés, Rainbow Caroliner, Taj Mahal Travellers, Fushitsusha, DNA, Peter Brötzmann, John Cage, Scott Walker, Unwound, Dead, Frank Zappa, Morton Feldman, Captain Beefheart, Pharoah Sanders, Albert Ayler, Ornette Coleman, Alice Coltrane, Arnold Schoenberg, Pierre Boulez, György Ligeti, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Nang Nang, Haruomi Hosono, Thinking Fellers Union Local 282, Nara Leão, Basic Channel, Raymond Scott, Delia Derbyshire, Daphne Oram, Noah Howard, Terry Riley, Peter Sotos, Lula Côrtes e Zé Ramalho, Boyd Rice, Mahmoud Ahmed, Henry Flynt, Kazumoto Endo, David Tudor, Aporea, Half Japanese, Mega Banton, Secret Chiefs 3, Keiji Haino, Ramleh, Otomo Yoshihide, John Zorn, Joe Meek, Robbie Basho, Phil Spector, Faxed Head, Harry Partch, Frances Baskerville, Wesley Willis, Fred Frith, The Residents, Sun Ra, Sun City Girls, Hans Krüsi, Royal Trux, Jandek, Yat-Kha, Loren Mazzacane Connors, Pärson Sound, The Dead C, Comus, Cromagnon, Eliane Radigue, Arthur Doyle, Shizuka, The Red Krayola, Henry Cow, Magma, Opus Avantra, Pan.Thy.Monium., Murmuüre, Ksiezyc, Gong, Cukor Bila Smert', cLOUDDEAD, Muslimgauze, and Kaoru Abe, etc.

and the list goes on and on

This is just entry level avant garde

Leech.

Attached: piracysucks.jpg (400x300, 75K)

>Ramleh
Yeah i fucking wish

Is sharing to only user list still acceptable?

Who are the best users?

Yes, totally. Only add people to your userlist who let you download from them. That way only sharers get your (main) files.

kys

>tfw somebody downloads an obscure album from you
>tfw they thank you for the download
good feel

surprise! good music is popular in underground music communities and many of the more popular good albums are circulated often by people who haven't heard them until recently

>have obscure shit from already obscure artist
>someone downloads it
>doesn't acknowledge how I got it or start any conversation on artist
the fuck

Attached: 1537650844348.png (717x476, 597K)

How hard is it to link your music folder, don't be a scumfuck leecher

ive done that plus stuff i download from other places, before i used to score the archives and zippyfiles or mediashare and blogspots

You don't own any CDs? Just fucking do what I did 10 years ago. Rip all your CDs and share.

neutral milk hotel, vampire weekend, david bowie

Lmfaooo you actually DONT have to share, you can download all you want and the only time you wont be able to is if the guy youre downloading from requires you to share from your own folder before you take from his. However Id say only like 10% of soulseek users are faggots and make you share, other than hem its open season on all your favorite albums.

it's clearly a soul

username?

pretty cool, id appreciate the effort even if i was salty

Scramoutcha

tourist

mega banton is an esoteric dancehall artist that only got airplay on some east coast urban radio stations in like 1993-1994-1995

I fw that one track he has that samples Barry White - Playing Your Game Baby

i have a whosampled account with well over 100 submissions, suck a dick

He wrote 'best' not the 'cuntiest'

>hes not friends with Scramoutcha

Attached: jajaja.png (600x536, 231K)

>i have a whosampled account with well over 100 submissions, suck a dick

Attached: 7hw5g26ga2221.jpg (743x502, 49K)

>le roblawks maymay
shouldn't you be off listening to death grips or some shit

>im not a tourist guys!

Attached: lilkid.jpg (1024x720, 69K)

(you)

Attached: viper2.png (770x1027, 2.27M)

Faggots leech and slurp.

you doin ok user?

Attached: HivJ80r.jpg (640x1136, 183K)

>simpsons reaction image
shit show and groening is a hack

you seem to be deflecting a lot. something on your mind?

Attached: 2qaoWqY.jpg (540x430, 35K)

yes you massive shit-shoveling faggot, it's evident you only listen to the rym top 100, whatever pitchfork shills, and whatever that four eyed bald faggot "reviews" and this is your coping mechanism

No, I don't need one more faggot making this service popular and diluting the quality of it

i've been using slsk for like 15 years and have never once shared

Attached: http:_mashable.com_wp-content_gallery_tv-dad-bods_homer-simpson-swimming.gif (426x320, 1000K)

interesting perspective. what brought you to this assumption?

Attached: 3e666231de5e4b3d9ee13a4a9bff9b36.jpg (640x690, 64K)

the fact you instantly sperged out at me for talking about mega banton

what makes you feel i sperged at you man?

Attached: 1511059341333.jpg (460x438, 67K)

you resorted to calling me a tourist, of all things

in a joke to you naming the geographic region and years some literal who was played on the radio. my memory is a little fuzzy, howd you respond to that?

Attached: 1jMXOOWeYUA.jpg (779x851, 214K)

>joke
o ok

you didnt honestly think that could have been an honest touristing could you? like i said, you knew the exact years and region this who was played on the radio. no tourist could have known that. but again, i cant remember your response, and now its all the way back towards the top of the thread. how did you respond?

Attached: 5308hx8k45v11.jpg (500x541, 44K)

Cry more lmfaoooo

you can see when/what people download from you?

ive never talked to someone i dl'd from, but once there was a poppin thread here about willowed wit and i had like 6 people start downloading it from me. i called them out for being Yea Forumstants, but that was as far as the convos got

Not crying at all, i keep all my good files for good bros and hos. Enjoy simming the flotsam of low quality common trash. Cry more lmao

>transfers/uploads

Yeah I’m the one crying lmfao. Quote me again, and cry more about me getting shit without giving back. It’s too easy lmfaoooo

>download spectro
>put some files from soulseek into it out of curiosity
>several albums peak at 20.7KHz
>pic related peaked at about 18KHz
>some chest-smacking retard transcoded a 256k MP3 to fucking FLAC
[chair clattering]

Attached: FUCK.png (800x128, 124K)

my band desu

nevermind that one is just how it's produced. there's bits of dark blue that make it past the "peak". however I did find that another album was at ~128kbps and replaced it with a real FLAC accordingly

i have used this for the past 5 years no problem. when mediafire went down i had a huge gap in my music listening saga but when i discovered this everything changed.

have never had a problem with it and i can find anything i want easily. 159 folders in my soulseek downloads. only thing i have on upload is 248 folders i had taken off my phone when my old hard drive with all the shit tons of music i downloaded off mediafire crashed.

if you have a decent amount of stuff on upload you can do anything you want i guess, ive never had any problems with ratios or leeching or whatever.

dont do that shit, i mean dont share. I was busted for this shite in germany and had to pay 3000€.
use blogspots or sth.

sometimes albums literally have frequencies at high frequencies (20khz or the like) cut off as part of the mastering which makes identifying transcodes even bigger of a pain in the ass.

Attached: chadseek.png (508x614, 123K)

>there's bits of dark blue that make it past the "peak"
You get that with MP3s too. But low bitrate MP3s typically have a sharp cutoff at 16kHz, so it doesn't look like an MP3 transcode.

That doesn't mean it was produced that way, vbr mp3s have data leak above the "cut line" occasionally

Honeypot

I used to use it in 2008 or so before I found out about music blogs and went back after what.cd died and it blew my mind how it had actually become exponentially better. I still run into people who scoff at me for using it in 2019 every now and then because they refuse to admit it can be any better than their ass backwards private torrent trackers with terrible reputation systems but joke's on them

By the way it's also better as a general purpose file sharing thing than any public torrent tracker out there except maybe nyaa clones for anime and other extremely specialized stuff. I basically get all of my tv and movies from soulseek. I've even used it to get PS2 isos and GOG games

Did this actually happen? Do Europeans really...?

>want to download album from someone
>says it's free and there's no waitlist
>download folder
>download first couple songs
>suddenly it says place: 20
>sure whatever I can wait
>numbers go down
>suddenly it says place: 500

someone tells me why this happens.

Attached: 1527823274611.png (252x232, 21K)

What quality? The more people in the more files to be shared.
Also the chatrooms are dead, except for some ones like Yea Forums which is full of faggots.

It really surprised me that you cant even escape people trying to redpill you on world jewry in quiet soulseek chatrooms

I share stuff I download from there, coming from a torrent background, but nobody downloaded from me anything yet.
I have like a 3 uploaded/downloaded ratio with torrents