Is there a more insufferable Yea Forums-Tuber?

is there a more insufferable Yea Forums-Tuber?

Attached: adamneely.jpg (370x364, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zgcxR_ZNhPs
youtube.com/watch?v=IQb_sVykRQs
youtube.com/watch?v=9pci4q4EXOc
youtube.com/watch?v=rEbUNDW9bDA
youtube.com/watch?v=LKf-IaCQTyA
youtube.com/watch?v=yNmta1gFjxU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Easily fantano

Why is his head so big fucking hell it creeps me out

do you think his cum tastes salty?

he's not fantastic, but he's not incredibly meaningful either way

12 Tone because he's blatantly an SJW faggot who brings up lefty politics whenever he can.

His music is the most sterile, lifeless shit ever.

I think he's just a little bit awkward and makes up for it with an overexaggerated YouTube persona. I bet he's pretty down to earth and friendly with people he actually knows

youtube.com/watch?v=zgcxR_ZNhPs

/thread

>Pink Floyd
>Radiohead

>experimental

Attached: 1522706353293.jpg (2544x4000, 865K)

Take your shitty ecelebs and fuck off

Adam is fine in my book.
If I knew less music theory I would absolutely love his videos.

Compared to Anthony Fantano, he is incredibly meaningful
This comparison is almost unfair due to how much more meaningful his videos in compare to Fantano's content

You guys said his music sucked but this is actually decent:
youtube.com/watch?v=IQb_sVykRQs
It's flawed but it's also surprisingly interesting.

um....sorry sweetie but Adam's an actual musician who knows what he's talking about unlike Fantano.

youtube.com/watch?v=9pci4q4EXOc

Attached: 1519682680330.png (778x422, 546K)

look i like shitting on this dude too, but how were radiohead and pink floyd not experimental?

I don't think he's insufferable, if anything he's actually quite ok. I feel that after you pass him you're dealing with the Andreyevs, Belkins and to a lesser extent Bruces of the Youtube-Yea Forumssic world. Everyone behind him just kind of covers things without any depth (Neely doesn't have much, but he has some), bouncing around without ever narrowing down what's going on, or without even bringing matters of emotional context and how it is constructed - which is what I got out of my readings of Schoenberg, which is that you need to analyze things that make you feel something and try and find out why they make you feel that.

Neely is fine. Fantano is shit.

>actual musician
>just playing a loop for some pop thot everyone's already forgotten about

Radiohead and Pink Floyd are only experimental if you're a fucking troglodyte

This just makes him seem more reddity, y'know

Attached: 1553267767704.jpg (640x528, 45K)

The only good one is Deep Cuts, and he's on a hiatus :(

Is he even singing into the mic? Lol

Attached: 52F9620A-6C08-4422-9B65-159B294C9685.jpg (750x1204, 453K)

Fpbp

very good reasoning

Why do you say this?
I often see people disputing what he says but his lessons seem very practical if you are interested in actually writing music and not just arguing "semantics". I know its not really semantics but to his user base and their goals they may as well be.

>Paramore poster

hes right tho lmao, in what clown world is radiohead or pink floyd in any capacity experimental? like i literally cannot process this thought unless your music diet consists of nothing but Yea Forumscore, dadrock and radio pop

Andreyev is bae.

Don't EVER post a youtube link on this board again.

Attached: 1553130898024.gif (200x200, 3.89M)

big brain filled with theory

fucking christ

Attached: 1512278337936.jpg (641x530, 36K)

I’d... fuck him.

Attached: 77E8F826-BFCB-4BD3-B135-8D06ACFEF061.jpg (706x1200, 68K)

i like adam a lot

>Think
He doesn't KNOW it does.

He's making money doing the thing he loves. What are you doing you pathetic NEET?

>22:24:58
>22:25:59

Doing what I love and not making any money off of it but the difference is still the same because Gov pays my way.

Attached: 1545539141419.jpg (1085x775, 510K)

All Yea Forumstubers are insufferable.
Except Dr. Levine.

fantano his opinions and music are shit

Sometimes I find his videos "uppity", but I genuinely like his content and find it quite helpful. Fantano is an pretentious cunt who knows nothing about music.

well what he loves is on a higher echelon than your 20 hour fap sessions.

jesus christ

This, while he criticizes my lack of theory and poor technique.

He grows on you man. I thought he was a pretentious shit but I think that's just his face.

No, anyone who pretends to have synesthesia is very genuinely pretentious.

Attached: Olivier_Messiaen_(1986).jpg (220x293, 12K)

What about David Bruce Composer

this

He's objectively more musically educated than 99% of people on this board, Yea Forumstants just like to hate on people that are better than them.

kmac

Eish, where does he claim that? That's pretty cringey

Different user and I don't remember which video/videos, but he does mention it, probably in more than one instance if I recall correctly. I don't not believe him though, nor knock him for it, I have a buddy who has it and I took a few theory courses with him. He has a whole different way of understanding musical/harmonic relations through color that I don't understand and sounds like the ramblings of a schizo when he describes it. He knows what he's talking about though and it seems to enhance his creativity

How basic do you have to be to not "get" an album like Dark Side of the Moon or WYWH? They're some of the most popular albums of all time, that's why they're shilled to the top of rym.

>what a Berklee degree gets you

Attached: laughing pepe.png (378x357, 81K)

It makes me angry how much sungazer sucks ass because "Exigence" is probably the best piece of modern jazz ive ever heard

all that time spent studying theory and knowing the intricacies in music just to stand behind the back of some wannabe industry plant

Attached: 19399822_1635285793150834_535215567970529772_n.jpg (261x173, 8K)

Yeah, both of those comments are mine, don't really see what the problem is consering i'm not replying to myself.

Comment section is cancer. Avoid.

No. I fucking hate him since he made that video claiming that jazz and pop musicians were rythmically superior than classical musicians with some ridiculous cherrypicking. He is so insecure about playing the bass for jazz, but desu I would also be.

youtube.com/watch?v=rEbUNDW9bDA

Attached: 1550865684761.jpg (800x1051, 82K)

You're a dick-sucking stan. You don't get to make comments like this

>He's making money doing the thing he loves. What are you doing you pathetic NEET?

When you realise that Neely is a pretentious cunt and Fantano is a just a fag giving his opinion you will see that Neely is much worse.

What did you expect from someone that goes to school to learn jazz?

>Actually people who bitch about ecelebs are better than the ecelebs themselves
Imagine being this much of a perpetually online basement loser that you believe this.

Kinda feel bad that zionists started spreading this image is 'proof' that he's an anti-semite since he's probably one of rock's few legitimate activists.

Attached: antistem.jpg (1080x620, 56K)

Literally who?

Have you listened to sungazer?

Not sure whats so insufferable about him. Unless its the over emphasis of his vowels, cause that took a while to get used to.
My only problem with him is the tangents he goes off only that don't really relate to the videos topic. Other than that he's really knowledgable and a great at explaining. I've learnt a lot watching his videos.

Rick Beato is boomer scum, and he makes simple shit way too fuckin complicated

ye

people like adam neely and rick beato, and places like new york and berklee represents everything wrong with music and academia.

Attached: 1552273710142.jpg (300x380, 44K)

>this image
He's been doing the The Wall nazi costume since the late 70's

>Not Steve Terreberry

youtube.com/watch?v=LKf-IaCQTyA

He makes Neely seem watchable.

Attached: ZtCCKU9.jpg (480x480, 24K)

I find it to be pretty cool. Lots of fun syncopations.
Lets see you write better user.

He knows his shit. I think you're just triggered because you don't.

Synesthesia is a real thing user. Some people have it, most people don't. Even those who have it tend to have unique / personal version of it.

....Yeah it gets you gigs on national TV. So horrible!

Are you seriously implying Messiaen is pretentious? Because I will end your shit.

Attached: messiaen_featured_image.jpg (580x423, 36K)

Pink Floyd was, but Radiohead wasn't. Radiohead was just Thom Yorke being butthurt that people liked Creep, The Bends, and OK Computer, so he decided to be a moody bitch to get rid of his fans.

True and based

You're a dumb fuck, he never says that this is proof of superiority, but that it just doesn't really matter to classical musicians.
Recently I was at a concert where they preformed a new work under strong influence of jazz and rock, and the conductor described very much the same problem, that the orchestra had to be much more precise than usual to achieve the desired sound. If you see this as some grave insult to classical you really are the insecure person here.

never watched a video by him. his thumbnails alone are enough to give me a hemorrhoid

What's wrong with jazz?

This guy is so pathetic, only loves pop punk shit

Nothing, unless you go to school to "learn" jazz

>Synesthesia is a real thing user.
No it's not.

based retard

ÀIt's even more ridiculous if you consider the history of the genre (poor uneducated black folk, passed down by listening tradition) and the amount of improvisation / non-formalisn it has

>Not sure whats so insufferable about him
Smug autism. He's a trained monkey that has been told he's hot shit

I find Beato much more insufferable.
David Bruce and Nahre Sol are probably the most comfy Yea Forums-tubers.
Neely tends to take things a bit too seriously at times, but his gig vlogs are pretty cool.
If you want entertaining autism (literally - he has Asperger's) then watch 12tone's videos.

Care to explain?

I still don't see where the Fantano outrage on here comes from beyond simple disagreement over his expressed music opinions, which to be frank is setting a pretty low bar for outrage. I guess there's also the political equation, but I suspect people would still rag on him irregardless of whether he expressed left-leaning views every so often, which is just a convenient justification for when you already dislike him.

Not sure where you noticed that he's smug or that he thinks unusually highly of himself. He's just sharing music theory and his experiences.

>irregardless
look at this pseud

Agreed on Beato. He did get me to finally understand the double harmonic though, so that's cool.

You are a complete retard.

All people have hints of synaesthesia, but some more pronounced than others in different domains.

Based

I hate happiness and instinctually distrust any non-jaded person over 15yo. (Exception is the 1% of enlightened ones)

No, that's my reaction face to people who pretend to have synesthesia whereas Messiaen clearly did have it.

Attached: 1546534454026.png (895x955, 591K)

ok, coldsteel the hedgehog

>You are a complete retard.

I'm not the one making shit up here, like all people having "hints" of synesthesia.

This. I can't understand anyone older than 15 opening one of his videos.

>poor uneducated black folk, passed down by listening tradition
Many of the most successful jazz musicians from bebop onward could read music, were well read and had interest in 20th century classical music. 60s musicians like Miles and Coltrane attended college and jazz musicians spent so much time honing their craft they have a word for it: woodshedding. The idea being that jazz musicians regularly went through reclusive periods to dedicate their time to practicing and studying. See Sonny Rollins.

khaoskid663 (megga ass-faggot)

Attached: CD2CE7B1-3760-4042-B1BC-D55767490CD6.jpg (565x546, 63K)

I'm listening to Sungazer and it's not bad, dunno how people keep calling this soulless

god i hate him so much

Beato is by far the worst

They are, but minimally. There is way more challenging and boundary-pushing music to listen to then Pink Floyd. On top of that they are two of the most popular bands on the planet, really experimental music (Metal Machine Music or The Residents for example) is usually too “out-there” to be that widley liked.

>white guilt to the nth degree
This is all theorytubers, but god fucking damn if 12tone isn't the worst about it

GayRTV is the only choice for the worst Yea Forums-tuber, he has the musical taste of a teenage girl, except I don’t know teenage girls who found dsotm or KidA too be ‘too experimental’ for them

Levin is the gold standard, but there's good shit from other channels as well

>hey everyone im rick beato and here is my genius son, buy my book

Attached: beato.jpg (800x533, 69K)

Poor kid, you can see the autism in his posture and eyes

stop sucking the dick of an e-celeb

Is there a better wife of a YouTuber than MatPat’s wife Stephanie?

Attached: 3D436F27-183D-4DDB-A358-43A22944E6A1.jpg (467x526, 50K)

we took fantano for granted

Watch literally any video where he talks about his fanbase or political opinions. I love his music reviews even though I constantly disagree with him and have polar opposite tastes, his reasoning is always sound and he makes lots of insightful comments. It's his other content that is just pretentious garbage.

my main problem with adam neely is his know-it-all overbearing attitude
his main audience is reddit pseuds which just makes it all worse

i used to like his videos but i've "grown out" of them in a way

i think communicating theory to people is important but it's not like he delves into something deeper than entry level classical and jazz theory

he and his clique of music youtubers also make a bunch of weird assessments sometimes, like in that Bach google doodle video where he's completely off about common practice chorale harmony in a lot of ways

sungazer is pretty meh, i wouldn't call it mediocre as they obviously put a lot of effort into it but it's just overwhelmingly unappealing to me

it's just fucking dubstep. that's it. it's dubstep mixed with muh added 9th 11th 13th chords and muh 18 over 19 polyrhythms

there's a lot more music out there which uses those elements in much more interesting ways

i like Electro though at least until the drop which turns the song into generic wub wubs

Can you explain why you post this in every thread

I hate this guy. He has one of those punchable faces too

his father has raised him to be the end-all of musicians

of course he's autistic, identifying five chord tones at the age of six or whatever must wreck your brain

you confuse music with the circus,you ignorant moron.

>people laugh when he says "Kid A" is inaccessible
>"how much of a pleb can you be??"
>those same people turn around and make fun of people that listen to actual avant-garde music

Attached: 9249F679-B44D-4B81-84A6-AD35CED0C6EF.jpg (499x437, 108K)

He's informative, passionate about music theory, self-aware re: the limitations of having a jazz degree, and he respects basically any genre worth respecting. There is literally zero reason to bitch about him.

Go bitch about Fantano, who couldn't even read a measure of sheet music but somehow thinks he's in a position to judge everything objectively.

As for so-called 'Yea Forums-tubers', Rick Beato is worse. Like another user said, he overanalyzes simple shit and has really boomer taste.

muggle detected

cringe

holy shit, an opinion? on the internet? cringe

time to go paste this into 30 other threads

dick-sucking isn't an opinion

holy mother of cringe

Attached: 23794869_935034256661118_7746673371130742233_n.jpg (480x360, 35K)

we have a winner

megamind

>judge everything objectively.
when has fantano ever said anything to this effect you spacker? hes a fucking idiot but you're infinitely more retarded if you think all music critics try to approach music criticism as judging everything with total objectivity in their words. as far as adam neely himself goes i dont think he has that much self-awareness but he isnt a total mong. he knows a lot about theory and thats cool even if i think his music is really boring. the thought of his fanbase of retards who think that to make interesting music you have to know ins & outs of theory leaves an AWFUL taste in my mouth though

fuck off anthony back to work

yeah, free educational content really sucks

guess I should just hate him

>the thought of his fanbase of retards who think that to make interesting music you have to know ins & outs of theory leaves an AWFUL taste in my mouth though

no one's saying that. the fact that any dipshit, even if they've never played a gig, recorded or done anything musically in any capacity gains a large audience critiquing music should also leave an awful taste in your mouth

>irregardless

Attached: bren.jpg (540x720, 33K)

>Adam Neely
>educational

go watch Fantano describe music as "lush walls of sound" or some other vague pseud shit

Yes because she's insane to marry that beta cuck

>the fact that any dipshit, even if they've never played a gig, recorded or done anything musically in any capacity gains a large audience critiquing music should also leave an awful taste in your mouth
oh, and believe me it does for fantano. he's a really shitty critic and he's super fucking apathetic in his videos... like when he was reviewing the money store he was really passionate about it in his video it seemed like, but in that 10/10 review for that kids see ghosts album a few months ago it was like he was struggling to even say anything meaningful about it. he spends the first 5 minutes of the video trying to shoehorn as many genre tags as possible onto it and calls it heavy in its "grunge" influence" at one point, lol. total filler.
as far as allowing any critic to have an audience, i don't think that its a problem assuming the interaction between the critic and their audience is correct. ie: one person isnt totally shaping the entire canon of their audience's listening habits. i think the reaction to music critics should be much more of the same type of way you'd trust a friend's opinions, like "hey this guy also likes a lot of stuff that i really love so maybe this is worth checking out" instead of "hey this guy says this is good and hes popular so im going to fall in love with it the first time i listen to it without thinking critically for myself". thats a drastic oversimplifcation of the mindset, but you sort of get the idea
also, fantano has no real judgement for whether or not its really a good idea to review artists super positively or super negatively. like, did that grown-up child actor dude who was molested really deserve an hour long rant about how shitty his album is? why did he think that anyone would be surprised that an album made by corey feldman would be horrible? why did he think that corey feldman was deserving of all of the shit that fantano's obnoxious fanbase was going to inevitably send his way?

what is your problem dude, jesus

>he spends the first 5 minutes of the video trying to shoehorn as many genre tags as possible onto it and calls it heavy in its "grunge" influence" at one point, lol. total filler.

yeah, he's probably bored out of his mind. who knew, being a music critic is fun for a year or two but you realize how vapid your stupid job is

>yeah, he's probably bored out of his mind. who knew, being a music critic is fun for a year or two but you realize how vapid your stupid job is
most definitely. especially when you've committed to some retarded routine of cranking out an unmotivated video every day or something. like, what's the point of most of his reviews? if it isn't a record that you spend time with enough to say something really meaningful about, or it isn't a record you feel really really passionately about, what's the point of your review? i think his biggest problem is just that he cranks out too much content too quickly for any of it to be meaningful at all. have you watched any of chris ott's shallow rewards videos or listened to his interviews at all? he has a lot of the same sort of mentalities.

Myke C-Town

>Because I disagree with your assertion that Adam Neely's content is educational I am therefore a supporter of a retarded obese album reviewer e-celeb

try again

Attached: 1506524538136.jpg (542x554, 33K)

this board wasn't so shit years ago, right?

Yes.

Attached: Fantano.jpg (640x438, 45K)

nope. It's been a slow descent into hell since 2015. I honestly don't know why I stick around.

I used to come here every day.. Now 30 minutes is enough that I'm sick of this place for a month

Nah, I love my melon.

>No. I fucking hate him since he made that video claiming that jazz and pop musicians were rythmically superior than classical musicians with some ridiculous cherrypicking. He is so insecure about playing the bass for jazz, but desu I would also be.
That video was so cringe.
The only way you could mistake a conductor conducting ahead of an orchestra (a common practice) for an inability to "phase lock" is if you never watch orchestral performances.
Otherwise you'd notice right away that different conductors conduct differently with respect to the beat.
Neely's exposure to classical music was the stuff he was force-fed in conservatory.
What a hopeless chinstrapped brainlet.

how is it not educational tho

yeah his content isn't 30-minute instructional videos. so? he still covers topics many viewers would otherwise know nothing about

Adam Neely is to education as John Green is to literature.

except one actually has a degree from one of the most prestigious schools in their field

This, so much THIS!

>deeper than entry level classical and jazz theory
Is there anyone that does go deeper?

Absolutely 100% true and based. Source: almost every classical musician I have played with has had bad rhythm AND has been an obnoxious twat with a superiority complex. Classical musicians wouldn't know time feel if you fucked them in the ass with it.

Samuel Andreyev

fpwp

I agree with you. in conversation he seems more normal. in his videos he always says everything as if its a question. like some weird upward then downward inflection

jared dines

Attached: jared-dines-20161117145734.jpg (420x420, 30K)

That just a newsreader voice isn't it?

it's uncanny

mother of god

You can't just say "No It's not" user. You need to provide proof that Synesthesia is not real.

Its similar to perfect pitch, except you hear colors associated with certain pitches.

Samuel Andreyev, Richard Atkins, Alan Belkin, Orchestration Online, Early Music Sources, Authentic Sound.

shut the fuck up anthony

I see you're still salty Paul :
youtube.com/watch?v=yNmta1gFjxU

Who is this blazing hot thot? asking for a friend

I couldn't get through this video. Guy has a punchable face

Jesus Christ he’s handsome

Attached: 1E1D63A7-DDC2-449C-9355-8486EFCB7A3A.jpg (170x204, 5K)

too bad the teeth game is kinda weak

Music degrees are a joke
Idc of you printed it out at Office Depot or went to Juliard

His music is so fucking boring

Attached: Bionicpigr.jpg (599x600, 81K)

Stevie T

no

someone post the e-celebs meme

The knowledge gained from studying music is pretty damn useful. Especially if you're serious about music, such as a classical composer who needs to be able to work with professional performers and write your own scores.

holy shit this guy looks a lot like elon musk