stringtensionpro.com/
>Music theory:
musictheory.net/lessons
>Guitar Maintenance and other information:
frudua.com/guitar_craftpedia_en.html
youtube.com/channel/UCXU3GYv5qEzuPePqXOJBgXw
>Why is my guitar buzzing?
frets.com/FretsPages/Luthier/Technique/Setup/BuzzDiagnosis/buzzlist.html
>Large repository of tabs, books and other resources related to playing and theory:
mega.nz/#F!v2oQgKhB!5nEaeUD8xxQYO8ipUoViqw

Previous thread

Attached: Mio.jpg (600x899, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CMjQVRWxbPI
vocaroo.com/i/s1Pj38EhJDEj
vocaroo.com/i/s1ZGnxURFIkG
vocaroo.com/i/s1BUJNzeNpoe
youtu.be/pbTK4FAVgw4
vocaroo.com/i/s09H1dpJo4MX
youtube.com/watch?v=307QNIQAcqY
amazon.co.jp/dp/4845631598
youtube.com/watch?v=mxyaUfKooDg
youtu.be/LmThblzutXk
youtu.be/8mGZhvkwAF8
eastwoodguitars.com/collections/airline/products/airline-59-2p
youtube.com/watch?v=8aKSnW85NuY
youtube.com/watch?v=PP1rmbs8Jjw
youtube.com/watch?v=noZiEJgwQrc
youtu.be/7G3zDCf8Mzc
vocaroo.com/i/s1hepaDJ6dzx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

asked this last thread, didn't realize it was almost over

my friend tried to play my guitar and said the action was too high, now i'm insecure. is my action really high?

Attached: IMG_6633.jpg (4032x3024, 637K)

Guitar manufacturers have specs on action, you should check yours against those. And measurements would be way more useful than a picture. But really action is all personal preference in the end. So if you like it then keep it like that.

Back again, huh? I guess that it's not as if you have anywhere else to go, really.
Maybe if you make just ONE MORE gear post, it'll actually translate into developing some chops this time! Go ahead, give it a shot! THAT'D BE PRETTY RICH, WOULDN'T IT?

Attached: 1552935599216.gif (1000x1000, 379K)

>mfw wondering what shenanigans you have planned with your new pc

Attached: 1377660880423.gif (420x315, 435K)

Yea that'd be unplayable for me. Looks like you could put a phone book in there. I prefer low action like pic related.

Attached: low-action.jpg (980x980, 143K)

>tfw roman gets the all credit for your handcrafted artisan shitposts
it's not fair, /gg/ros

Attached: 1552931951472.jpg (1383x1600, 325K)

This guy plays with really high action and he's awesome at playing guitar
youtube.com/watch?v=CMjQVRWxbPI

SHOULD I DOWNLOAD AUDACITY?

you should download blaster vst

yeah i know who j mascis is and i know he has really high action, way higher than mine even. i have a j mascis jazzmaster also. big dino fan.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-24 at 5.03.39 PM.png (729x560, 468K)

>ask a real question that is not bait
>only reply is fuck off roman
iktf bro

Attached: 3390990.png (1500x1383, 46K)

Is the hat removeable?

>J "THE SALAMI STRANGLER" MASCIS
>J "I'VE GOT A CRUSH ON CRUSH GRIP" MASCIS
>J "I WILL SQUEEZE THE LIFE OUT OF A FULLY GROWN BISON WITH MY BARE HANDS" MASCIS
>J "CRACKS WALNUTS WITH HIS LITTLE FINGER" MASCIS
>J "MY PENIS IS FUCKED UP BECAUSE OF MY FREAKISH GRIP STRENGTH" MASCIS

Attached: j-mascis.jpg (300x300, 18K)

How’s everyone’s afternoon?
vocaroo.com/i/s1Pj38EhJDEj

Attached: 09EE0BB4-6AFF-44B5-804F-91D3AD87C537.jpg (790x1207, 172K)

it's going alright. ridiculously slow at work, but only 45 minutes left on the clock.
How about you? How's life?

Attached: u1428556.jpg (1290x1600, 145K)

Attached: 20190213_155125.jpg (680x1209, 490K)

>r actually memed jcum into spending money he doesn't have on a computer he didn't need to record music he can't play

Attached: 1478983822202.gif (359x202, 3.03M)

See But even if I don't get the credit that I'm due, I'll always have the satisfaction of the deed itself

Attached: 1535159477831.gif (500x281, 551K)

Ive been building this pc and forgetting about it for a year keep up peasant

Can anybody seriously answer this

>it took him a full year to build a PC
incredible

Attached: 1543387309685.gif (300x228, 2.47M)

filthy fudge

if true post that screenshot of you goading him for not building his computer like he said he would

Granny's secret beef stew recipe

kek wheres empty wallet.jpg poster when you need him

I’m doing well. I’ll be going to New England for three weeks this April for a couple of shows which should be pretty fun.
Any new gear you’re looking at fren?

Sorry, I'm too busy answering this guy's
question
the inevitable aftermath of taco Tuesday

>any new gear you're looking at fren?
Not at the moment, I just got a new 12 string so I need to hold off on the spending for a while, I've been stuck in debt for the last few years and I need to start dealing with it.
When that's done, I'm probably going to try and get my hands on a squareneck. It's been way too long since I've had a proper slide guitar

Attached: empty-pocket-1.jpg (600x300, 27K)

Attached: og.jpg (800x1440, 122K)

fuck this is even better than that the time he got under one tripfags skin so hard that he got him (ace for anyone that remembers) to go out and try a mesa boogie that was like four hours away just because roman kept shitting on him for saying he wanted an amp that he never even tried. then the tripfag bought the amp because roman explicitly told him to not buy and it then ended up having problems so much that he couldn't even return it, and then made hundreds of excuses to why roman still wasn't right and this and that. it was just amazing. roman is truly a god among trolls

>things that never happened

I just finished building my pc. But imma phone post for now still

lmao didn't it take him over a year to save up for his shitty Dean too? Damn.

Nice. What year 355? And is that a reissue Supro? Here's my ES.

Attached: IMG_2504.jpg (2048x1536, 928K)

It's my cousins setup. 1965 335 and 1966 Supro. The amp use to be mine.

Semi Hollow Gang rise up

Attached: IMG-1363.jpg (4032x3024, 2.56M)

Actually mine is a ES-330, full hollowbody.

But I do have a semi-hollow Gretsch!

Attached: IMG_0280.jpg (1536x2048, 969K)

Action is a matter of preference. There are valid reasons for low and high action depending on playing style. Shredders and jazz guitarists will typically want low action. Guitarists who bend strings a lot may want high action so their fingers don't end up on top of neighboring strings when string bending. Slide guitarists will absolutely want very high action.

>rent free

i feel bad for jcum you guys are always so mean to poor people

Attached: 1543892172269.jpg (491x480, 39K)

It's not that he's poor. It's that he comes in here and acts like hot shit and cant play for shit.

Right, the fact that he's poor is just the bright red cherry on top of the entire sloppy shit sunday. I mean he willingly comes here so we can all laugh at him, this is what the wretched creature wants for some reason. Who knows why? Just sit back and enjoy the show.

Who here does DIY pedals? Finished my first one last week and already have 2 more projects planned out.

Attached: 1540741012391.jpg (2392x2720, 1.62M)

ouch. is that what you decided to do instead of having the discipline to practice?

>only having time for one hobby
Sad!

Attached: 1547534099057.jpg (500x667, 56K)

I've been wanting to get into it, but my concern is spending a bunch of time/money on one and it turns out sounding like shit. I've been considering doing a fuzz pedal though.

i have one but it's kinda gore, i'll go get it

It’s a religious radio station in Salina, Kansas. 88.5 FM

You won't really lose too much trying to build a fuzz; Most of your expense will be in the enclosure, jacks, pots, etc which you could re-use. I'm lucky mine didn't end up garbage. I was ambitious and built an analog flanger.
Pic related

Mine is pretty bad too desu. It was my first time soldering and a ended uplifting a few pads but i was able to fix it. What effect did you do?

Attached: 1542000703697.jpg (3024x3500, 3.2M)

>soldering kits
lmao how is your time not worth more than the chink bugmen they enslave to do this shit for the first world?

>tube amps
>Pedals
>Gibson guitars
>Fender guitars
>Bass guitars with more than 4 strings
>Erg's
>Stone and/or wood picks
>Expensive cables
>Jazz guitar
>Blues guitar
>Anything "handwired"
>Pointy guitars
>"Finger" style

O I am laffin

Attached: images (1).jpg (225x225, 7K)

>He doesn't know how to solder
>Two Thousand and Nineteen
L M A O

>be me
>not good at playing guitar
>too stupid to make money
>decide to build my own pedals
lol

wow user; your stupidity is showing.

only a few more months boys

Attached: IMG_2110.jpg (640x480, 115K)

Study Bass sucks, MusicCollegeTV is better. Their Learn Bass Guitar playlist is legit

i found a fuzz factory schematic a few years ago, it definitely did the fuzz factory stuff i was looking for (like muse sounds). It sounds great, works perfectly, I just don't use it because I worry about breaking the enclosure lol

Attached: IMG_6738.jpg (520x693, 187K)

My D'Angelico Excel DC.

Attached: 45311656_10161061265170504_1548756290585493504_n.jpg (491x414, 50K)

I can see that. You can always buy and drill out a bigger aluminum enclosure and keep the enclosure in your pic just in case. Could you post a gut shot?

>be user
>laying on his deathbed
>tells his family and friends to come closer
>he has one last thing to say before he goes
>got into guitar wanting to play music
>but wishes he had wasted more time building more shitty homemade pedals
jej

pic of the guts, just did it on a blank perfboard from radio shack lol

Attached: IMG_6739.jpg (520x693, 109K)

SEETHING
i have products i enjoy while you provide
>projection
>no timestamp
>no dox
Wew lad. Enjoy your life l. Ill do the same.

What else do you do user? Professional cock sucking isnt a real sport mind you

I bought an enclosure to put it in, but trying to squeeze all that shit in there (5 pots and a switch) proved way tougher than anticipated, especially where it was all just perfboard. It was my first build also, so I didn't think ahead and try and squeeze the circuit onto a smaller area so i could cut the perfboard smaller, and use less wire and shit.

but yeah i've been meaning to get a bigger enclosure for years for it lol.

>i can't play
>wish i could
>you have no idea
>anyway here's another shitty pedal i built

>talks shit about a custom built pc
>while using tablet
Lmfao

You could definitely put that into a standard enclosure. You could even make it vertical since none of your Pots are through-hole. Very cool! It looks like it might fit comfortably into a 125BB enclosure. They're nice and deep (1.4") and fairly spacey (3.7" x 4.7")

:^)

i kinda do want to get into building more pedals, it doesn't save money at all when you consider I would make way more money than it costs to buy the pedal in the amount of time it takes to put it all together doing my day job, but it's fun

>yeah i love that record
>i'd give anything to be able to play like that
>or any of my guitar heroes really
>oh the enclosure?
>here's the dimensions
>it has holes in it

oh my god shut up. I bet you can't even tell me the difference between instrument and speaker cable

I have built a couple BYOC kits. Did you do that one yourself from the ground up? Guts pics?

>i know that i can't play
>i wish i could
>you don't even know
>i do all kinds of stuff to distract myself from this
>i get really upset if you point it out though

I bought the PCB from madbeanpedals. Otherwise I sourced all my other parts form other places online (Mouser, Smallbear, Pedalpartsplus). Pretty fun build!

Attached: 1549809387073.jpg (4032x3024, 3.91M)

>no even after all these years i still can't play that song
>so many songs i still can't play
>there's so much music i wish i could play
>anyway
>here's where i sourced the parts for my shitty homemade pedal from

Very cool. Looks like the leads on the PBC that lead to the switch have way more solder than necessary though? Any reason for that?

>mfw all this talk about homemade ugly fucking pedals

Attached: 1553203740708.png (634x623, 943K)

This project was my first. I've never soldered before in my life. That's pretty much just me being sloppy/unskilled. I also used larger-than-needed diameter solder so that made it kind of pile up if I wasn't careful.

>bro i can't play either
>should be practicing
>lol but i'm not
>what about that solder
>need to distract myself
>anything to distract myself
>from what i wish i was

I'm pretty sad you guys don't care about my super expensive guitar. I thought this was guitar discussion? Ill stop posting about it

well joke's on me, in the 5 years since i last touched this pedal some of the joints must've corroded or came loose on me ;-;

but i mean i can play a little, can you play better than me?
vocaroo.com/i/s1ZGnxURFIkG

>dang i can't build pedals either?

let's hear you play

Was it the semi-hollow with the flamed top?

>get defensive and lash out all emotional like
>cool down after a few minutes
>wew
>and i still can't play

>Wahhh no one wants to congratulate me on spending money

It's fully hollow but yes
thought you guys night find it interesting,. I don't think anyone here has ever had a custom build from a top name before

Attached: IMG_2054.jpg (640x640, 126K)

this nigga playing a lap steel guitar with a strap

>knock off Languedoc
Who gives a shit

What are you listening to, /gg/?

Attached: 1523100120992.jpg (1200x1200, 206K)

well it's going to have a 25" scale and 22 frets; more of a jazz box than a languedoc

Fuck it bros, I'm never going to get better. I don't have the time. Chord strumming and scale noodling is good enough for me and incredibly comfy. The vast majority of people will think that I am good at playing guitar. Anything past that point is just pure autism.

Nobody cares

Tell us more about it then. Honestly I have a few "nice" guitars but none cost more than $3k new. What's the finish going to look like? Other exemplar pics of the same model you can share? Give us all the specs.

Why? Is any of that going to make you a better guitar player?

Attached: bad-stink-expression-stock-picture-3487622.jpg (866x1392, 119K)

lmao I can feel your jealousy through the screen. bet you're in some 3rd world shithole where you can only dream about an instrument like that.

>gig next Saturday
see ya later, giglets

Attached: absolutely nice.jpg (256x256, 15K)

You think you'd be seething so hard if I hadn't touched a nerve?

Attached: tenor.gif (498x498, 613K)

Have fun playing to the sound engineer and the bartender you loser fuck.

savage af

It's going to have a brown to natural burst, near identical to the PRS tobacco burst finish (I originally wanted a PRS hollow but realized I'd be paying more for something off the shelf)

Here is a similar burst in the same model, I think this is a little too red I want more of a transparent chestnut color around the edge

full hollow
traditional f holes
maple top
mahogany sides
floating carved ebony tailpeice
25" scale
22 fret
switches for coil splits and parallel/series

I'll post another photo of the fret inlays

I gig for fun making a few hundred bucks a month. It feels good being a "professional" musician but at my day job I'm an engineer and I could never make as much money in a band as I do in my career. Ive been playing for almost 20 years I don't need any validation

Attached: 359-002.jpg (1024x768, 238K)

>Thinks open mic night at the local hole-in-the-wall has a sound engineer

Not even mad, or the guy who's having the instrument built. It's just funny seeing jealous 3rd worlders trying to bring others down.

If you still have a day job, you're not a professional musician.

fret markers will be bars like this, with just the outline of the bar at 12

professional just means you get paid to do something. the opposite would be amateur, meaning you do something forgoing pay

Attached: Screenshot_20190324-222822.png (1080x1920, 530K)

Right, so that's a solid "no" then. lol nice noise you made there though.
You've got to enjoy the delusions these losers have to concoct to get themselves through their miserable failures.

Pro means it's the only thing you do. Amateurs still get paid.

Looks pretty good, reminds me of a McCurdy Mercury although that guitar is spruce top and maple sides/back and I think semi-hollow. How much?

>i'm just like trey now!
now this is how you LARP! take note /gg/

Your definition of "professional" is narrower than the standard.

>plays covers at the local dive bar once a month
>tells everyone he's a professional musician

Attached: 1493860834551.jpg (480x640, 12K)

kek
>drive home from work really fast
>i'm a race car driver

I just don't blow sunshine up peoples asses.

should be around $7k

the only non originals I play are jazz standards but sure. it's fun and fulfilling you should give it a shot

if I ever do a Phish set I'm going by the pseudonym Troy Antipasto

>cuts finger while chopping carrots for dinner
>puts a bandage on
>nobody worry
>i'm a medical professional

hell yeah LARP hard bruh

OK I ONLY HAVE USB 3.0 AND 3.1. GIVE ME SOME INTERFACE RECOMMENDATIONS.

>it's fun
Ah yes, the mantra of the failed musician!

i recommend you kys what a fucking moron lol

Audient i44

Is that the best interface to buy to record music you can imagine but can't actually play?

>i spend all day not practicing and telling everyone else to practice their guitar
>silly random anons, learning their instruments and things associated to them
>i am better than them, i only have 2 hobbies- practicing guitar and telling others to practice guitar online!
>oh i better not show them how i play, they'll judge me because i told them to practice, not for my lack of ability!
>go practice peasant!
>oh boy i spent all day telling everyone else to practice, i forgot to practice again

Depends on what you want to do. get a Uphoria UMC202HD. Pretty cheap great for mono/stereo inputs has good direct monitor, tight control knobs. It's not luxurious but I mean, it's a start.

>says the user too chicken shit post anything he thinks he can play

lol

Oh wow, he sure triggered you guys! Ha ha haa!

I seriously don't understand how most likely the majority of you have never gigged once in your life. Like come the fuck on. I was gigging with my shitty post-punk band was I was like 18 with like at least 20+ people at each show. Some of you can't even do that? It's kind of pathetic.

>i shall say "he triggered them!" as opposed to "i believe i triggered them" and surely they won't immediately suppose that it is me!
>ha! it was merely a troll!

desu the losers in /gg/ are all 25 or older that train left the station long ago

why is the G chord so impossible bros

Attached: DmHmSl7VsAACLXZ.jpg (1200x801, 151K)

This. It's so sad.

>Depends on what you want to do
he wants to waste more money on something he's not good at suggestions should start there

haha me and clario have the same strap haha that's so cool :)

>every vocaroo i click on in /gg/ is dogshit

Attached: 1553480174538.png (737x691, 30K)

u gonna get cancer from vapin this much

You can easily be older than 25 and jump in an active band for the first time, just be good at your instrument and have an open schedule and transportation. Bands are always looking for members because some fuckhead will inevitably do some fucked up shit and get kicked from the band.
Best chances though is to drop guitar and learn drums or bass. If all you want is to play in a band that'll make it easy as fuck. But then you'll probably have to deal with the guitarist controlling all the music and just wanting you to follow

Sorry, it's because I don't post links anymore

>just be good at your instrument
well /gg/ is out lol

You don't even have to be good at your instrument for the vast majority of bands. Just being somewhat competent is good enough most of the time.

nobody here can play. congratulations now you know exactly how the next 10 years posting in /gg/ will be like

The Mio thread is finally here, and with it comes my motivation to practice tonight.
Thanks OP

true, actually most of the time if you're actually good it'll make the other dudes in the band insecure and not wanna work with you since they're only okay

Absolutely rare as FUCK to have all members in a band be genuinely really good. Locally speaking of course

>You don't even have to be good at your instrument
lol /gg/ back in the game!

Anyone have any knowledge of this guitar and/or brand? A quick rundown, perhaps?

Attached: i.jpg (3353x1313, 380K)

hipster shitplank. all you need to know. you're welcome

kek

>elitist who doesn't play at all

lol

>A quick rundown, perhaps?
It's shit.

By what reasoning have you come to this conclusion?

So i'm thinking about getting the axe fx 3
what do u think? should I get it and if so, what is the best way for me to power the axe fx costwise?

Attached: axe fx 3.png (412x122, 61K)

these

i am interested in semi hollow 12 string guitars

Attached: preview.jpg (1200x1200, 145K)

Why? You won't be able to play one of those either.

you're wrong
i'm good

Attached: Doubt.png (728x392, 85K)

Let’s all try to get along now :)

Attached: 0DCB9B86-79B6-4593-B03D-44282BAFD0F6.png (840x1260, 775K)

Attached: 49436952_2232914543695667_4491974637201110714_n.jpg (480x480, 35K)

Can’t argue with that

Attached: 143B0B1F-40F9-49F4-9240-3FE625F57663.jpg (1200x982, 167K)

omg pink

Attached: df53e7_2923aac5cc934b1cadca931fb8a76952_mv2_d_4065_2710_s_4_2.jpg (827x551, 133K)

quick, someone choose a backing track for the thread

preferably not some lame blues rock shit

Made specifically for you, bud.
vocaroo.com/i/s1BUJNzeNpoe

fuck dude, that rocks!

but for real

youtu.be/pbTK4FAVgw4

Attached: C1749056-B6CF-4FE7-9999-853A5F279A28.jpg (1132x1552, 224K)

why torture him you know he can't

Attached: Govan-by-Mark-Keraly.jpg (800x800, 635K)

alright, gonna do a thing
Feel free to make me look like a chump with your ridiculous fusion skills, too

I just want to help

Attached: 73EF9E1D-4357-448C-965C-E88E8910DFA1.jpg (1200x1800, 238K)

Attached: 1538443124386.png (152x254, 41K)

It's played by God herself.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1400x2885, 637K)

>product placement works on weebs
they should have her commit suicide with a specific gun and see if they follow suit

Hi guys, can you please recommend a BUDJET guitar processor with more complex reverb and delay modes, like with a standalone pedal - I mean with virtual Repeat and Mix kinda knobs?
Not the US-market only please
Thanks

Attached: 1_Bildschirmfoto-2010-11-11-um-14.32.59.png (743x582, 396K)

>budget
Im sorry for poor language, I no comprende engrurish

Thanks

ur welcome

Attached: 1546132189630.jpg (1087x995, 79K)

it's just preference, there are tools and measurements you can use to make it optimally low but it doesn't really matter
yikes

vocaroo.com/i/s09H1dpJo4MX
:^)

was gonna record something for fun but I can't top this

Attached: shrekked.gif (380x206, 1.35M)

Attached: D2VIqIFUYAA_H3p.jpg (1078x1200, 233K)

this is a shitpost thread, dont even bother trying to make use of it

my advice for multi effects are get a simple one with simple controls knobs so you aren't going through a bunch of menus and button combinations just to change a simple thing.
Don't buy anything that claims to have 6000 epic presets
get one that is made of metal.
I've had the boss me70 forever and it's great

Attached: bossme70.jpg (1680x983, 556K)

Middle finger on root G, index on B and pinkey on high G. Ez

Dude you fucking suck, practice more.

thanks.

thanks for the advice

I don't remember this.

More people should do this, and fewer people should spend $300 on things that are worth $30 in parts.

I'm auditioning for a band with meme tuning. I only have a normal 4 string, 34in scale bass, they play in drop A. Would a 130 string do the trick as the A string on the bottom?

What about buying a 30 dollar pedal instead?

$30 is a fair price for a good pedal. I wouldn't bang on about it so much if they weren't so overpriced.

It’s passable but it’ll sound like wet diarrhea at Drop A, try something a little thicker

Danelectro

thoughts on Gambale's meme tuning
youtube.com/watch?v=307QNIQAcqY
6th string A
5th string D
4th string G
3rd string C
2nd string E
1st string A

How is that a "meme" tuning? It's just standard tuning shifted down a fifth (or up a fourth).

A tuning is a tuning. It makes certain things easier to play and other things harder to play.
That's all an "alternate" tuning ever is.

Nobody here stores anything larger than that. Fuck me.

Attached: 1450141704656.webm (780x720, 2.07M)

Kek

>amazon.co.jp/dp/4845631598
this book looks awesome. anyone tried it?

Attached: pb1.jpg (906x609, 197K)

Second worse girl

It's shit, but only in the context of sticking it onto your guitar or into your guitar or rubbing it on the frets or mashing it into your amp screen. It's like a combination of taking the guitar and inserting feces into it.

That's all.

>amazon.co.jp/dp/4845631598
Are you Sithu Aye?

i built a fuzz factory clone a few years back meaning to get into pedal building but never followed through with it. i haven't even used a pedal for the last 3 years

just fret the E strings, mute the A string, just need 2 fingers

>build new pc
>ask relevant questions concerning guitar and my new pc
>jealous peasants start to reeeeee

ABSOLUTELY SEETHING

Agreed.

V. Cool. I remember when you posted on here when you painted that Smoke pedal. Good shit my guy.

Sick as frick. I'll have to build a fuzz factory at some point.

>V. Cool. I remember when you posted on here when you painted that Smoke pedal. Good shit my guy.
sup old-timer? this yours?

College + 2 jobs etc. Yup! That's mine.

What's that pedal on the bottom center in ?

It's literally one of the easiest chords

>Floyd Rose
>No locking nut

Attached: 1539257449337.png (339x351, 195K)

>College + 2 jobs etc. Yup! That's mine.
Nice! What is it? Any plans to paint it up?

>What's that pedal on the bottom center
And FX loop with a wet/dry blend. It's been a really long time, but I think I built it off of the paralooper schematic off tagboardeffects

>Nice! What is it? Any plans to paint it up?
It's an mn3007 analog flanger. Built on the Madbeanpedals "Current Lover" pcb. Its pretty much a DEM / EM(9v) hybrid. I have a powder coated enclosure I will use for the next one I have planned to build but otherwise not really.

>And FX loop with a wet/dry blend. It's been a really long time, but I think I built it off of the paralooper schematic off tagboardeffects
How long has it been? Doesn't feel like it's been that long.

>How long has it been? Doesn't feel like it's been that long
It's had to have been at least 4 years, maybe longer.

>mn3007 analog flanger
nice, that's like an electric mistress, right?

>... 4 years
damn, time is making a fool of me

>that's like an electric mistress, right?
Pretty much. There was an episode of "That Pedal Show" that shows it compared to other Electric Mistress type pedals.

youtube.com/watch?v=mxyaUfKooDg

is this a big thing in America? We don't do that here.

*the pedal is the Longamp Roxanne which a perosn on reverb builds from the madbean pcb.

>is this a big thing in America
only in you're latinx

Who is first?

*Only if you're from Brasil and full of aids

How can I learn vibrato technique for bends toward my face? I have a hard time using vibrato when I bend upwards.

And don't give me any kaka talk. I'm not in the mood for kaka.

>Not in the mood for kaka
Kek, go practice kakapicking instead of trying "vibrato" and "bending" for your "soul" memes, maybe then you will be a guitarist.

Both horrible posts.
Obviously practice bends on the strings where you cant bend away from you like upper frets on your high E. Listen to buddy guy for big bendz

Don't listen to this fag, he has clearly never studied guitar seriously or played anything beyong Green Day covers, I bet he never got a proper gig.
Kakapicking will make your technique grow a lot

>Buddy Guy.
That guy ccouldn't kakapick to save his life

youtu.be/LmThblzutXk

Kakaposting reached Jewtube

I'm about to do some mods to my Dod 250. I'm going to replace a silicon to a red LED diode and I'm planning to rehouse the pedal in another enclosures and add a Big Muff style tone stack to it. Is there anything else I should do?

Add a kaka buffer stage, and also a kaka stack that does kakametrical clipping

>he never even tried to build his own simple homemade pedals from a list of clear instructions out of fear of failure
>now so filled with regret he tries to cover up the rage felt at his own incompetence with shitposting

Too bad. You could have felt proud of yourself for a job well done.
Instead, all you feel is emptiness and shame.

thank you user for your kaka knowledge and contribution. I will call it perro kaka 250 overdrive and add a kaka boost stage at the end.

Sounds like a kaka-filled funtime for you, good sir. Kaka to you and your loved ones.

What a time for kakaposting! :3

Bends sound gross

what did you mean by this?

He meant to bring the joy of kaka to the world

My absolute favorite thing about the guitar is the amount of kaka involved. I really never knew that something that I sharted out of my smelly asshole could be so useful!

Keep the kaka alive, brother.
These fags think guitar is about having a fast technique, or shredding away until your fretboard ignites, others say you have to put "soul" and have "feeling", but they are so blinded and foolish, they don't realize it's all about kaka.

>rent free

Can a line 6 DL4 do a stutter loop like a Boss DD3 or DD6?

It can do a kaka loop

T. Stank ass chord strummer.

t. Kaka-eating blues boomer.

Can i be a blues boomer and metal head?

This thread is already a kaka loop, I need to know if it can stutter

I don't know who that is. I'm wondering whether there are any similar books in the mega, but I haven't found any yet.

>tfw too old for black metal
Wish I started sooner

Not even. Theres some old ass dudes still making black metal. Anyways Summoning is a good black metal band.

I got a high five from the blues jam leader after ending the song with a guitar solo, am i making it? am i good now?

(wtf is kaka?)

Attached: 1553103852915.jpg (473x407, 40K)

Kaka is what you channeled and resulted in your cool ending solo

Prediction: this guy will eventually discover how easy whammy bar vibrato is, then he'll never let go of the bar again, like Jeff Beck.

I'm the same guy. I was more trying to emulate Clapton's technique on While My Guitar Gently Weeps.

So much kaka in that version.

>rent free

Literally no one has mentioned anyone wtf are you on about?

I recall Eric Clapton saying once in an interview he recorded that one with a giant kaka in his pants. Lucky mistake; he had been incontinent because of withdrawals but had already booked studio time. "it really surprised me, I could vibrato better than ever before, I had heard of kakabrato, but I hadn't tried it until then"

For an autistic shitposter who plasters faces of derpy anime girls on guitars...you're pretty good

What other guitars have this tone? I really like it but hate the look and price of this guitar youtu.be/8mGZhvkwAF8

You try way too hard to be funny. Just comes off as childish cringe. Did you stumble in from ifunny?

Samefag

Unironically get a cheap les paul copy and put gfs pickups on it, maybe their goldfoils

Can anyone with a line 6 dl4 pls answer? Can I have super short (

Thanks user

Attached: 2950026B-D34E-40C6-A651-9C0D3714EBF2.jpg (3048x3945, 1.01M)

Thanks user, I have an epiphone les paul studio any specific pickups you recommend?

>rent free

Pink Suhr doesn't bother samefagging about his playing.

Protip: just get a guitar with the same construction. In order of importance: pickups, scale length, bridge style, neck fixing and body wood/mass.
Here are the specs: eastwoodguitars.com/collections/airline/products/airline-59-2p

Gfs goldfoils, retrotrons or lipstick humbuckers. Search for demos on YouTube and see which one you like more or sounds more like that airliner you posted. The point of these guitars is they sound really garage-y and those should get you close, so you decide

Based kakaposter doesn't give a literal shit Bout what you think, go kakafren!

this is the funniest thing I have ever read

hey lads, what kind of guitar should i be looking for if i want to learn to play stuff like john fahey? just american primitivism in general?

>being interested in the instrument they call guitar

Attached: 1237612376123.jpg (320x414, 22K)

Attached: 20190325_145515.jpg (2268x4032, 3.43M)

the river

Attached: 123876123867.jpg (523x550, 93K)

if you can tell an electric guitar player ABS plastic has a "warm vintage tone" and have him believe it, where are the droves of composite/carbon fiber electric guitars that never need setup adjustments due to the change of seasons and never get fret sprout?

what's the point in chopping down expensive trees just to coat your fancy wood in a thin layer of a finish that will rub off on anything rubber (that is used just because someone believes paint sounds different)?

>samefagging this hard for attention
I just come to this thread to laugh now. With all this empty posturing made by a retard. And when you poat something that gets attention and you take it from him he spergs. Thats why all rigs suck thats why all songs suck here. Because its the same fuck telling you over and over pretending to be someone else. Imagine a life so bad that to escape it you repeat childlike mannerisms into saying defecation. Thats one for the shrink i tell ya. So i just come here amd help when i can and then just laugh as i watch him repeat the same cycle over and over and over again everytime feeling he has almost excaped but gets pulled deeper into himself.
Lmfao

Maple vs Rosewood? Explain the differences without mentioning tonewood.

>rent free

looks purdy

That's it, the fretboard has about as much effect on string vibration as the position of the stars has on your personality

Which one is better in terms of durability?

feel. There's a slight difference in tone when listened to side-by-side, but no one can tell any other way.

Both will discolor with use. Both can be scratched up by neck picking. Take care of your shit.

Mostly in feel and aesthetic preference outside of tonewood. I prefer ebony.

damn someone in /gg/ who can actually play? since when?!?

i guarantee you that slight difference in tone is the difference between the essential character of the two guitars being used for the test

even if it's the same guitar body it's two different sets of strings and two different necks, and even neck fit. and unless a strumming machine was used on open strings, the test was bunk because the main thing that affects tone is how you fret and hit the strings.

it's a lot of autism over things that might cause a specific frequency to decay faster or slower when the audible differences completely vanish with the slightest amount of overdrive or distortion

Possibly. Every guitar is different even if made identically.

Someone should start making plywood guitars with mahogany veneers and finished necks and tell people about their mellow tone

Don't forget to say it's nitro

Chinese already do this.

EVH said once that the best sounding guitar he ever played was a plywood body. Some people even say that the glue in the plywood adds to tone. Then again, some people say the color of the paint effects the tone.

This is fucking ridiculous. The only thing that affects tone are the pickups and pickup setup, and the sound the string makes before it reaches the pickup. That's it. So I feel like the most important things are bridge and nut intonation, scale length, and overall stability. That's probably the biggest things that affect the tone of the string before it reaches your pickup.

Does the pickup position affect the tone? Say I take out my bridge pickup and put it into the neck or middle position, will it sound the same or different?

I'm no expert but it'd probably sound way different.

You do realize that I'm on your side, right?

>Being a "my instrument can beat up your instrument" snob and not realizing they're all just tools to create music with.

Bridge pickups tend to be hotter than middle/neck pickups. But yes, an equal pickup in different positions will sound different.

Rosewood. I can't stand the plastic coating they wrap maple in to stop it from turning into dirt grey/brown from finger fats. You may as well play a plastic fretboard.

Yes. Pick an acoustic guitar. It sounds treble-ier near the bridge pins when you strum and warmer and softer if you strum right before the soundhole starts by the neck. Purists will tell you that a tele with the bridge pickup moved slightly will sound different thus why purists dont like sss or hss teles because the design moves the bridge position slightly.

Ya I know I'm saying in general.
It's ridiculous how there's so many snake oil salesman in the audio community. I didn't realize guitarists could be just as retarded as audiophiles

The strings are resonating between things attached to the wood so it definitely makes a small difference. If you can hear whammy bar springs you can hear wood. That is, however, obliterated by all the other things that vary between two guitars even if they're made of the same species of wood (but different trees) and even exactly where you strum.

This isn't a terrible thing, the terrible thing is the gearfags who refuse to believe anything not made in the US, britain, or maybe japan out of an exotic wood will sound good, even if you could hand them a tarted up danelectro, say "it has vintage hand-wound pickups and a mahogany neck"

And then after chopping down the greenery in honduras because it totally sounds better, not marginally different, better! - you coat your expensive piece of exotic wood in some tacky looking seafoam green paint that matches low-income housing from the 80s. Oh but it's vintage style nitro paint so it sounds warm and vintage.

Way different

Of course it does.

violinists have you beat

they think a stradivarius defies physics by sounding quieter to the player but louder to the audience and exactly why is basically Italian violin magic

Companies sell things for a reason. They're great at talking people into thinking they're the best thing since sliced bread, and that you need it.

for that authentic black metal tone you can't beat a plywood guitar with cheap pickups and a plastic nut

should cost you a little less than the tape recorder used for producing your albums

I’ve been here for a long time fren

Attached: 7AFE99C2-E66E-4781-84A1-01E72019BB12.jpg (1338x1573, 365K)

>the dirty brown third worlders in /gg/ are still fighting an imaginary TONEWOOD$ enemy they dreamed up during a bout of starvation induced disorientation in their squalid favelas

Attached: paul-reed-smith_416x4161.jpg (416x416, 46K)

all his snobbery and a gibson is still better. then schecter comes in at PRS SE price points, same factory, and makes better guitars.

poor guy.

>everything i can't afford is bad

Attached: Sour+grapes.png (1000x1020, 1.53M)

DESU I really enjoy his guitars.
Birbs aside, they're the best playing fuckers I've ever had the pleasure of grabbing. Great hardware, great neck, beautiful finish, solid construction(mostly, a few hickups here and there)

PRSs claim to fame is "10+ Tops", which they invented. I hate highly figured guitars.

please help im in desperate need to find something to learn
something similar to this youtube.com/watch?v=8aKSnW85NuY
I would like to learn it by ear so I can practice but sometimes I can't figure out some parts like the solo in this case
please help

>something to learn
youtube.com/watch?v=PP1rmbs8Jjw
youtube.com/watch?v=noZiEJgwQrc

user all these guitars cost trivial amounts of money

$2000? $4000? most single guys with a decent job and good monetary habits can save up that amount in a few months and buy a new les paul or two every year.

what sets the people who do apart from the people who don't is not money, but a comprehension of what money gets you and a resistance to the placebo effect.

I think the symphony x one is a bit too hard for me

just take your time with it and practice it for the next year on and off.

Let my nigga out you up on game.
youtu.be/7G3zDCf8Mzc

lol
>be me
>wake up
>check in with /gg/
>take a screenshot of my monkey dancing his little heart out

So much fun ;^)

Attached: tfw i got ALL the way to you but you can't seem to manage to get anywhere near me.jpg (1530x326, 177K)

He was clearly talking about kakaposter though. Not everything revolves around you.

You just did what he said you were going to do though. You just validated his entire post.
>waking up in the afternoon
Trash

>gibson les paul: stock v8 mustang
>squier with new nut, pickups, tuners, and bridge: LS swapped miata
>mustang driver: well yeah you just polished a turd, if yer buying somethin they better get it right the first time
>"miata" driver: but didn't you think my taillights were cool?

Do you know how to play the Symphony X one?

locking tuners

Squier is more like a kia with a loud muffler but no engine mods.

Dean is pontiac in its heyday

Yeah, he thinks everybody here is me. Hilarious.
>if you laugh at him he wins
LMAO that's not how this works... NOT HOW ANY OF THIS WORKS

Attached: 1442743373405.png (467x456, 199K)

Why do you wake up in the afternoon?

Squier with high end hardware is more like a souped up civic with a suspension built for high speed road racing

It's faster in straights and pulls through corners like nothing else but in the end a bunch of smug assholes with less than on eighth of the original drivers talent are going to copy that, albeit while trying to spend next to no money and replacing the high end hardware with ebay parts

If your guitar is your car, your amp is your tires and you are the driver. Tires and drivers matter more than horsepower, because without good tires you'll just spin your wheels and slide off the track and without a driver you'll crash and make a lot of terrible noise.

>all these guitars cost trivial amounts of money
Which make it all the more strange that you'd keep crying about spilled milk.

See, when I spill milk I wipe it up and pour a new glass. Never once have I gone online and whined about the cost of milk and why other people should only be buying a less expensive brand because "it all tastes the same". That's something a loser without means would do. You, in other words.
Because I have the luxury.

Trust me, you wouldn't understand ;^)

Attached: empty-pocket.jpg (1600x1200, 155K)

tuning is down one whole step from standard.
never learned romeo's solos, that's just crazy talk.
the riffs are quite easy, except for the timing on some of them.
can i play it all the way through? not flawlessly.
i also haven't played it in awhile.
so to answer the question honestly, i can fake it, but it sounds terrible.

Oh god he's also empty pocket poster. Everything makes sense now

Thats a funny way of saying you work graveyard shift. How old are you bro? Why cant you find better work?

that is a completely different purpose though.

user the discussion was never about cost and the post that started it was asking for composite guitars, which do exist in small numbers and cost a lot of fucking money

it was about snobs who obsess over minor differences between guitars and think it creates better tone when they couldn't pick out an alder strat or a pinewood tele in a blind test between two mechanically strummed guitars

No hes unoriginal i was the o.g

Attached: 48427698-vertical-studio-shot-of-a-mature-man-holding-an-empty-wallet-and-pointing-towards-it-isolat (866x1300, 118K)

>couldn't pick out an alder strat or a pinewood tele
but... the twang...

the songs im practicing every day are:
-invention no 4 by bach
-the classicaloid opening
-sonatina clementi op 36
thanks

>Everything makes sense now
The fact that you're not very bright makes perfect sense though?
Believe me, your copeposting is almost as good as the derangement jcum is suffering from.
>who obsess over minor differences between guitars
You mean real musicians? I can see the chip on your shoulder from here.
I already got an unhinged jcum screenshot today, I'll be nice and let you have this one if you need it.

Attached: 1602261.jpg (406x280, 19K)

Don't bully me for my small brain, my neurons are going as fast as they can go

it's all in technique, pickups, guitar/amp EQ settings, and pickup position. You can also have a telecaster sound rich, full bodied, and heavy and play country on a strat.

Why do you guys never talk about rhythem guitar here? It's always wannabe guitar hero lead bullshit that none of you can actually play.

Stop trying so hard youre not fooling anyone and start a new thread.

Need your thoughts lads
>have an american standard tele
>sounds nice, plays ok
>never bond with it, like my modded strat and les paul better
>gathering dust
>play a baja tele in a shop
>gorgeous V neck
>good pickups, don't like the S1 crap
Seriously considering selling my american standard for one. is this stupid? I don't like the poly finish, but an american vintage one is twice as expensive and it isn't that big a deal really
what would you do?

>Don't bully me for my small brain
Ok, I won't since you asked nice.

Attached: 1553052784799.jpg (447x680, 153K)

What do you want to talk about? You mean rhythm? Dumbfuck

i think the heavy part has more to do with the mix than anything else.

Pic related, my tele (and LP)

Attached: IMAG0012.jpg (1520x2688, 890K)

> sounding like shit
Thats what fuzz pedals do. At least theyre quick & easy.

Try swapping pups and necks. If you dont like it then congratulations youre on your way to making a parts tele.

>Thats what fuzz pedals do
this.

What is wrong with you fuckers in your heads? How is it always this easy to get in?

Attached: 1553056224875.jpg (491x366, 59K)

I didnt realize this had turned into a korean spelling bee board, sorry user
i'll do better next time

Dont feel the gold is tacky?

Attached: 20190205_202959(1).jpg (1815x2754, 894K)

I think changing necks is a step too far on an american tele, surely its better to sell it and get something else at that point?

Anythings possible when youre delusional

gold with red hued finish is perfectly fine.
any other hued finish with gold is tacky.

>you mean real musicians

real musicians have more autism over string gauge, fret wire, neck finish and profile, and balance and weight than tone-anything. the greats of the 20th century played on shit that was equal in quality to today's $200 monoprice amps and $30 pedals. into their careers they did get some nicely made guitars that fit them well, but no klon centaur grade snake oil was used.

the word "tone" is almost exclusively used by mediocre players who spend money on guitar instead of making money with it. bedroom warriors who want to sound exactly like their favorite band, really.

Maybe you can trade it? Go to shitar center and start playing different teles.and start noting the specs you like

why sell it?

Fine ill agree. Hank marvins fiesta red has gold hardware and is great looking. Perhaps something with a natural finished spalted maple top could work with gold.

>cringe anti-tone poster
why do we suffer these fools to live

>no feces covered wall
Oh, this just won't do!
Tell me more about your condition, I'm fascinated...
Oh fuck! Did just I make the chip bigger? lmao, not sorry!

Attached: 15471618312176371725573444487351.jpg (3120x4160, 2.15M)

No, I really like the gold hardware with a red finish. I'd love an LP custom in that combination some day

Nice JCM 900, I borrowed one for a few gigs and it was properly good. Does the crunch / overdrive thing really well

Attached: IMAG0146.jpg (2688x1520, 1.02M)

professional musicians worry about interference noise on stage before they start worrying about whether or not their guitar is made of basswood or swamp ash and whether or not they have an authentic ibanez tube screamer or a behringer clone, sorry man

Attached: empty-pocket-5.jpg (600x600, 41K)

>pictured: the average tonefag, well into his life of all gear and no gigs

Sounds like I have a big glass of whole milk in my hand and you're thirsty as fuck.

>professional musicians worry about interference noise on stage
no they don't.
pros have techs that figure that shit out for them.

Yea i love my jcm900
Seems like we have similar tastes. What pups are in the strat?

Attached: 1545780408849.jpg (1541x3244, 871K)

I have played a few and really liked the Baja, suppose the only thing holding me back is "downgrading" from an american tele to a mexican one. Probably being illogical
It hardly gets played as it is, been sitting in its case for the past year, so there doesn't seem much point in keeping it?

Pros also switch to active pickups for ultimate noiselessness and nobody in the audience stops and thinks "wait man...where's the warm tone?"

the tone is the front of house sound guy's job.

Attached: empty_wallet.jpg (1600x750, 373K)

Well is there anything you like about your current tele? If youre gonna sell it buy the baja and upgrade the hardware and electronics.

Mine has a JB junior in the bridge, standard one in the neck and middle. Got heavy springs on the bridge too so it is effectively locked, but can still use the trem if I need it.
What is in yours? Looks really good

Attached: IMAG0136.jpg (2688x1520, 850K)

Electric guitar is a shitty instrument to be a snob about because it forms the core of so many genres that no tone is better or worse, only different. With a classical instrument like a cello you can say "but it just doesn't sound like something Mendelssohn would tolerate in an orchestra" because there is an authority and a tradition on what it's supposed to be, and most of the music composed for it follows that. But when a guitar doesn't sound like classic rock it sounds like something else instead of "wrong".

There's nothing to argue over. Two guitars will sound different but which one sounds better? Depends on what you're playing. Depends on your amp.
>Okay, you bought a les paul, now play some nashville. Doesn't sound right, guess the cheapo telecaster is the best guitar ever made.

I like the sound of the bridge pickup through a driven valve amp - I think the metal pickup mount does something to the sound as it does this really nice almost shrill sound with a lot of grunt behind it, but it isn't unpleasant. Doesn't have much sustain, but that is nothing a mini humbucker can't fix

I propose next edition is "Clapton's legendary kakabrato edition"

Nice. Mine is stock as an american pro so vmods single coils and shawbucker. Only thing ive done to it is messed with the spring tension as well. But opposite of what you did. So now its more like a floyd

Attached: 20190115_153747(1).jpg (2012x2486, 801K)

your bait posts aren't very good

But don't forget the most important detail of all: you're not good at playing guitar!
vocaroo.com/i/s1hepaDJ6dzx

Attached: 4EC16890-1B8E-4B82-A74E-732BF20958D7.png (1319x2256, 2.93M)

new thread
new thread
new thread

Very nice, I found the neck singlecoil worked really well through the JCM900. What is the Dean like? I've never even seen one, local music shops don't carry them but it looks nice

I like it alot very comfortable and a nice not too big but big enough C neck. Stock pickups were good but ive already swapped the bridge out. I find myself.playing it more than my strat honestly but its also because i like chugging.

>because i like chugging
lol

Hey, do me a favor and stop acting like I don't own you and put your trip back on, I like you not to be able to live your pathetic cope posts down.

Attached: CC679C52-B436-41AB-AC2A-9FAD5E9B2540.jpg (1125x642, 376K)

The funny thing is, the Gibson people will also change the pickups, tuners, and electronics.