/blackmetal/

black metal general thread

Attached: gravelandthousandswords.jpg (600x600, 191K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cEC2hUHqEg4.
youtube.com/watch?v=WdceLug5L-0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ITT

Attached: 1541459057740.jpg (690x615, 201K)

Lay down your souls to the gods rock n' roll!

Attached: 1550988375272.png (300x300, 115K)

Attached: 51k8E5WSUaL.jpg (500x500, 58K)

There is nothing more cringe than plastering yourself on an album cover. Immortal is the only exception.

On that note, post favorite album art with no real people in it

Attached: dso-fas.jpg (700x700, 74K)

Is it black metal?

Attached: 69835.jpg (323x500, 37K)

this is the only good Graveland album and it isn't even that good in general

Their first album definitely is bm but not nearly as catchy as Awakening.

Attached: finistcrosses.jpg (500x500, 50K)

Fucking pure black metal assault

Attached: 1541039363330.jpg (334x500, 47K)

>darkthrone is the only exception

ftfy

"Woooaah brooo this new snowboard is radical haha! Check me out bro! Shredddiiin"

Attached: 3d10b836d71544a08a31a6077d87e03a.jpg (770x1084, 245K)

I still dig corpse paint forest core album art.

Attached: trist.jpg (794x715, 640K)

nobody ever told me this was so fucking good, give me more like it

Attached: 81twddH9LnL._SL1440_.jpg (1440x1440, 351K)

RADICAL DUDE

Attached: WEEEEEEEEEEE.png (770x1084, 689K)

youtu.be/cEC2hUHqEg4. Very good

my favorite black metal album covers

Attached: topsters268589.png (1937x934, 1.74M)

Black metal all sounds the same, so get a dartboard of BM albums and go to town

Thoughts on gorgoroth ?

Attached: 322597.jpg (450x450, 50K)

daily reminder that Absurd is the only good black metal band

if your band's drummer isn't drumming for the first time in his life in your demos, your band is fake and eat shit

well that album has some thrash in it so I'm asking for more like that

same story as every other 90s BM band, good until they went to Nuclear Blast
On a purely musical level they're still less embarrassing than modern mayhem/satyricon/whatever, but their new stuff isn't really spectacular enough to make up for what a cynical corporation they're acting like now.

immortal has more albums
consider listening to them

I don't get that shit, why always post it in a metal thread?

fuckin kek

Immortal Pride is the best Polish bm album.

look up Tsjuder and Destroyer 666

Viking Bathory >> all else

Attached: bathorygods.jpg (465x465, 49K)

>listening to any shoegaze shite
>considering it black metal
Just listen to shoegaze.

except none of the albums are shoegaze or blackgaze you fucking mongoloid. and I never said I listened to them, I said I like the album covers

True Norwegian black metal bands and the spin-off projects of their members

Attached: EYEfP.jpg (1721x2434, 628K)

Didn't mean to reply to you.
My post still stands though.
Why would you not listen to albums you like the cover of anyway?

sorry I called you a mongoloid.
and I was lying, I listen to all of them.
My favorite album cover is probably the Tulus one.

Attached: 1521672172913.jpg (900x900, 66K)

Striborg has very kvlt artwork almost every time.
I just see good dsbm

Attached: striborg-autumnalmelancholy_LRG.jpg (500x500, 54K)

Xasthur is all you need when it comes to depressive black metal. Change my mind.

It's true though. i am a mongoloid who mis-clicks.
Tulus album cover is pretty sick but the album is lack luster imo.

Attached: 28st.png (503x408, 10K)

Attached: 156510.jpg (806x792, 56K)

did he break a glass while washing dishes ?

Xasthur really is a league above everyone else, the best of USBM/DSBM. Although for some reason people consider some bands like Burzum or Forgotten Woods DSBM.

So "kult" that there is bamboo. Very trv.
DSBM is quite gay desu. Hate the whole "i am very sad" thing. Might as well be emo.
But there is some good stuff like I shalt become and apati.
Although I shalt become aren't explicitly dsmb.

Attached: ad8w6git7.jpg (354x336, 29K)

I suppose its the slower riff and less blast beats, but thematically they are totally different.
Can't really be called dsmb.

t b h f a m I associate black metal more with negative emotions, misanthropy, and suicide than satanism and hatred.

I hate the whole satan shite aswell, can tolerate the hate stuff which can be associated with the misanthropy.
Not to mention the whole hate/misanthropy was key idea in early Norwegian black metal e.g burning churches and rejecting the mainstream death metal.
i don't really mind DSBM the whole suicide stuff seems superficial though. however that is probably cultivated by some listeners and not the actual artists.
Black metal is formed around negative emotions so dsbm is a natural extension of the genre.
still gay though.

Attached: 22st.png (529x529, 17K)

Pole stuff is generally pretty good

youtube.com/watch?v=WdceLug5L-0

Attached: afi298h3.jpg (500x475, 50K)

thrash is the best genre of metal. you only downplay this because you're a pudgy, weak little shit of a manlet with an equally embarrassing taste.

nobody gives a shit that you listen to snownigger faggots who paint their face and play embarrasing garbage you call "black metal". nobody cares that you listen to talentless redneck trailer trash songwriters who put together poorly produced dog shit you call "death metal".

thrash. metal. is. king.

Attached: 1544015835597.jpg (348x321, 19K)

Solid metal album, but not black metal.

Attached: return.jpg (200x200, 6K)

inb4 bait
what thrash? Give bands oh true patrician of metal?

would you wear this?

Attached: fantanoblackmetal.png (843x835, 1.18M)

Assuming that this statement is about blackgaze, it has an obvious different ending aesthetic from shoegaze and other forms of black metal. Like, how can some of you guys be so close minded where you are unable to see black gaze for what it actually is rather than just comparing it to the music it’s influenced from? I am not even saying that you have to like the stuff, but this reductive approach makes zero sense because it fails to recognize the ultimately different sound that does get created.

So Horna shows got moved around the US and there's going to be a clash between antifa and Hispanic/American black metallers because Antifa hasn't figured out that Chicos listen to bands like Horna and KPN. . .

I do see it for what it is which is a bastardised version of two genres i enjoy and it falls short of being at all good on any front even its own.

Can't really make the argument that it is an ultimately different sound when you previously mentioned they are "influenced" by the very genres that make its name (black gayz).
It is a shallow impersonation of both black metal and shoegaze and falls short of anything interesting/enjoyable. I give it credit, however, for some pleasing songs, though they seem to be forgettable.

Also them adopting black metal "aesthetic" seems ingenuine and forced, trying to appeal to the genre with the most infamy for their own personal traction. If black gayz was so separate from black metal why do they market themselves more so in that direction?
Claiming to be black metal (or at least influenced) is an insult due to them being so anti black metal in their everything except the reminiscence of their sound. Even "trv kvlt" black metal bands receive flack for being gay about black metal and selling out and seemingly being only in it for the image like satyricon or gorgoroth.

Still gay objectively and only portland hipsters who listened to emperor and MBV once like it/ make it.
Not to mention them stealing riffs and literally being shit soundcloud black metal with reverb.

forgot to reply

Could you count Thorns as a Burzum side-project? Varg and Snorre collaborated on at least one project.

based

Stronghold would be flawless if it wasn't for Where Hope and Daylight Die.

Attached: summoningwallpaper.jpg (1920x1080, 320K)

I think I'll give Spectral Lore a spin. Is that album art the same guy who did ved buens ende's debut?

>please respond to me sir
fuck off retard

Attached: 1553479342692.png (650x650, 43K)

Wearing this is like asking people to punch you.

FIRST WAVE BEST WAVE AND ALL YOU POSERS CAN SUCK MY COCK

Attached: Into The Abyss.jpg (693x700, 102K)

Agreed

Attached: a0736102743_10.jpg (709x709, 175K)

what’s the best mories side project?

pole stuff is good but this is overrated

Cloak of Altering