Let's talk about Converge and why they are the best metal band in modern music

Let's talk about Converge and why they are the best metal band in modern music.

Attached: theduskinus.jpg (1200x1200, 750K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pE-rtSSY2GQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

eh... altthough i deeply appreciate jane doe annd the dusk in us and im a fan of them i can't say they are the best metal band ever, maybe one of the best mathcore bands but if you listen to any other of they're albums it just sounds like some local mathcore band made it and i know its over said but the vocals in their early work took a LONG time for me to appreciate and get used to but honestly if the vocals weren't so strange and were standard hardcore screams jane doe would be so much more popular, i doubt it would be nearly as critically acclaimed though.
Although aimless arrow is one of my favorite metalcore songs that album just sounds the same to me. I love Jane Doe though its one of my favorite albums although its flawed.

Attached: dw73.hi_2000x.jpg (1425x1425, 585K)

I don't really get all the acclaim for All We Love We Leave Behind. I like a couple of the songs but a lot of it feels like stuff that would br considered filler.

>soiverge

Attached: 1543526122990.jpg (713x713, 379K)

>metal band

If there's any filler it would be Empty On the Inside or Coral Blue. The rest is an auditory ass beating.

Just listened to precipice. Really good. Will check out the rest of their music. What song do you consider the best, op?

>look mom I posted it again

There just isn't much that really sticks out to me. It'll probably click with a few more deep listens though

Shame In the Way, Damages, Homewrecker, etc. It's hard to say.

yeah but Converge are metalcore, a subset of punk

>metal band
>band
FIFY

>metalcore
>METALcore
>not metal

Attached: 2rdkbw.png (205x246, 4K)

Attached: 220px-Unsilent_Death.jpg (220x220, 23K)

Attached: a3672039649_10.jpg (1200x1200, 806K)

Nails are sick YWNBOOU is one of the heaviest albums I’ve heard

Attached: a2067026108_16.jpg (700x700, 126K)

How underage is Yea Forums? I never see pre-Jane Doe Converge discussed, or any other 90s Boston core bands. Anyone else seeing Cave In with OMG this year?

YWNBOOU is definitely a sick album, probably one of my favorites of 2016 but it doesn't compare to unsilent death imo

Honestly my favourite band, Ive been listening to them since I was 13 (28 now) when I came across Eagles Become Vultures video on late night musiqueplus. Was absolutely terrified of what I heard, but couldn't shake how visceral it was and just stuck with me, about a day or so later I went to the store and bought Jane Doe.

Got to see them live finally (never come to my town) and got to sing into the mic during Eagles, and profounding thanked Jacob and Kurt afterward, who were both very sincere and humble.

Attached: covv.jpg (1200x800, 485K)

Converge also best shoegaze band

youtube.com/watch?v=pE-rtSSY2GQ

Attached: crown.jpg (700x700, 125K)

fucking this

that sounds amazing
I'm just happy for you dude

sounds awesome man

>be metalcore band
>make one shoegaze inspired song
>better than any shoegaze song ever

Thanks guys. This is what I love the commadarie of hardcore

>noise rock
>NOISE rock
>not noise

Attached: 1552879054874.png (990x682, 580K)

Dead in the dirt fuckin rips. Hank is in a screamo band now called slow fire pistol that also rips.

Definitely one of the most consistent heavy bands imo. Every album sounds a lil different and they have a logical progression throughout thier discography. At one point in time I would've considered them my favorite band (still the band that motivated me to get serious about playing music) .

I think that's because Converge manages to have their own original signature set of sounds while at the same time having variety so every song doesn't sound the same while also still maintaining the aggression/intensity of metal/hardcore.

My favorite MA band is Orchid

user gets it

Why does MA breed so many dope bands and musicians?

Based

Attached: 1544634309710.jpg (718x706, 30K)

they are so frustrating to me because they are one of those bands that are so fucking good and just keep releasing awesome new stuff they make it seem really easy to make fantastic music then I sit down and try to record feeling all inspired and can't get shit out

worst trap them album

Incorrect, Blissfucker is their worst

Hell to Pay man

Converge peaked 18 years ago.

they're still peaking man

>listens to an instrumental interlude first

Attached: 1525735531139.gif (250x233, 1.5M)

Literally the first song that popped up when I googled them. Also, the instrumentals are much better than the vocals.

I like how they sound sometimes :)

the vocals are fucking killer. not many people can scream that well over 20 years

You'll come to appreciate the vocals as part of the dissonance, and given the usually angry lyrics that accompany them, they suit the tone perfectly.

That's not Acid Witch.