Serious question time guys. Who's better, The Beatles or The Beach Boys?

Serious question time guys. Who's better, The Beatles or The Beach Boys?

why?

Attached: beatles-vs-beach-boys.jpg (800x276, 130K)

Literally nobody on this earth prefers the Beach Boys to the Beatles

Beach boys

/thread

Klaatu

geez op
one of the most iconic and innovative artists acknowledged for multiple styles in both their music/culture
or a 1 album wonder, which is just sub par pop with generic arrangements at that

Pet Sounds and Sgt Peppers are the most overrated albums of all time.
But at least the Beatles made other great albums, so they're better.

Beach Boys

/thread

fpbp

for me it's the monkees

my friend does. and not just Pet Sounds. but all their stuff that came after.

1 album wonder? are you fucking retarded? Pet Sounds is great yeah, but so is Smile. it's fucking brilliant. you've obbviously never listened to any of their other work after Pet Sounds. your ignorance is lame. Sunflower is pretty good. and Surfs Up is awesome. fuck man even their older shit is wicked.

older Beach Boys (pre-Pet Sounds) is WAAAAAAY better than old Beatles (pre-Rubber Soul).

Nah, pre-Rubber Soul Beatles was absolutely fantastic.

Beach Boys best songs are better than Beatles best songs, but the Beatles as a whole are leagues better.

I can't stand the Beatles, maybe I've heard too much of them in my life (involuntarily). Beach Boys is more interesting in many regards

>boomer shit vs. boomer shite

You can’t /thread yourself, stupid newfag

It all sounds the same retard

The Beatles were better overall, but The Beach Boys at their best were better than The Beatles at their best.

The Rolling Stones

>le centrist everyone wins man
fuck off. pick one you coward.

Honestly can't name a Beach Boy album besides Pet Sounds while I can name all Beatles albums in order.

now thats a bad band

lol you're a retard.

Gonna have to go with The Kinks chief.

Attached: 1553420548895.png (640x528, 116K)

>being this delusional
the beatles are shit

this "debate" is akin to when celphone companies pay some youtube goon to make versus videos of two products way different (aka one is top class, the other is garbage) as a way to make the lesser one cooler. the same happens when peoplesay the beach boys are comparable to the beatles. they arent, the beatles are the GOAT and the bb are a small weird band liked by autists.

>Serious question time guys. Who's better, The Beatles or The Beach Boys?
>why?

I'm the world's biggest fan of BOTH groups. I've met members of both bands. I've seen Paul in concert, and I've seen the Beach Boys about 15 times.

I'd LOVE for my answer to be "IT'S A TIE!!", but it's clearly not a tie. The Beatles are measurably better. And the best way to compare them is to measure both groups from 1962 through 1970, when both groups were active. Yes, both groups influenced each other. The Beatles sold way, WAY more product than the Beach Boys. But, sales should not be the only barometer. Let's look at quality of work. The worst songs The Beatles ever put out really weren't that bad. The same cannot be said for The Beach Boys. The Beach Boys issued forth some very good albums (beside Pet Sounds), but all have at least one track where you ask yourself, "Why did they do that? Where was the adult in the room to say, 'Brian, you got a great album here. Don't fuck it up with a comedy/interview/instrumental/dumb song track!'" The Beatles never went there. The Beatles ALWAYS kept it real the whole way.

From 1971 to 2019, it's fair to compare the solo Beatles' careers to the ongoing Beach Boys career. Now this is sad: Ringo Starr *alone* had more hits after 1970 that the Beach Boys. Ringo had EIGHT Top Ten singles. The Beach Boys in the same time period had just two. And, of course, McCartney's solo career just obliterates the Beach Boys.

Again, I love both bands so much, but if justice is to be served, The Beatles were better every way you slice it.

Attached: bbbeatlesbanner1.jpg (1856x900, 1016K)

well no it doesn't...

so you're objectively wrong. you're clearly the retard here.

Proof

good comment. really good comment. yeah I agree in every way. both are great. but The Beatles really shine through brighter.

listen to the fucking music you retard. seriously hahahaha. if you listen to their music and think that they sound the same. then you must be literally deaf or full on retarded. I don't know why a deaf person would be on mu so you must be retarded.

I have
You have nothing, don’t use the word objectively when you obviously don’t know what it means