Yea Forums makes a "good" album pt 6

Hey, We're doing an album this time with some quality control and democratic decisions
The Theme is "Anne Frank saves us"
TRACKLIST NOT IN ORDER:
>democracy is just communist's daughter
>semen-stained diary
>>>in the concentration camp over the wall
instaud.io/3sE0 Check out this shit, it-s great
>>>Alright see you guys tomorrow, then. >>She writes
Being worked by an user
>>>Gum Man (Save Me Please)
clyp.it/ti5qidws author is looking for people to add some stuff/vocal harmonies so if you have an idea pop in!
>>>Intro / Cryogenic Blues
clyp.it/uycashvw Being Worked by me, this is just an update the singing is definetly not final
>A Combination of North and South
Being worked by an user
>Anne Frank is Jeff Mangum's wife's daughter

Sorry if I missed some other progress or pasted te wrong link I'm kinda tired

Attached: 5hv033rqlvhz - copia.png (510x390, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/ti5qidws
clyp.it/kt0gbaoa?token=e1f653bd271698b02f57369854121cb9
clyp.it/ing5b1pv
instaud.io/3sOm
vocaroo.com/i/s0N8bCSSMJwp
instaud.io/private/35d0ec99b8f42d5831d5c218ff874a18db6f1dd6
vocaroo.com/i/s0ZjB4lQCgIE
mega.nz/#F!6IxhiYTC!NZZKLF0dh2t_Wlld85iHeg
clyp.it/fuu21vdn
clyp.it/e0pmihlx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Might not work on “she writes” today. Sorry!

If you're seeing this or the first time and want to work on
>democracy is just communist's daughter
>semen-stained diary
>Anne Frank is Jeff Mangum's wife's daughter (Btw I've been thinking of changing this track name a bit just cuz it's a bit too memey compared to the rest)
You can claim any of the tracks if you give us a rough outline of what you're planning to do with it.
As always no low effort shit
Don't worry user unless we somehow finish everything else and that's the only holdup you can take your time

gumman user here, someone last thread said he could play a trumpet part over the ending of the song. I don't know if he saw the sheet music, but here it is.

Attached: gumman trumpet part.png (723x243, 17K)

Trumpet guy here. Yep I can play that, but could you tell me the tempo?

not sure the exact tempo, but it's over the coda to this song, so it should be pretty easy to play along to clyp.it/ti5qidws

good job anons
good jobg OP
hope this will save Yea Forums

Thanks man that's the best outcome!

these threads remind me of the old Yea Forums album threads, it makes me really happy. I was worried this thread wouldn't appear today, but here it is. I'm really looking forward to this album, even if only a few songs come out of it. btw, what are the band name and album title?

is this genre limited? I could take one of those and make a grindcore song or maybe a short funeral doom bit out of it.

what counts as low effort shit?

Album name and band name are to be determined but those can be discussed by anyone if someone comes up with a good idea
Nah man as long as it fits atleast a bit with the dew songs we have, they're a bit more folky but we also have some more experimental stuff so funeral doom could fit
going into ableton and making meme music or speeding up a random song, ear rape noice etc

One more thing OP, somehow I can't hear anything on instaudio so I can get the idea of what I need to make

I could do semen-stained diary.
I don't have an endless amount of time right now, so i was reluctant to pick a song yesterday, but since they're still open, i might as well.
I'm picturing it as a gritty, punchy, lustfilled song. Maybe some loose and dirty drums and some wet slapping synths. Almost like you can picture the load hitting the page.
I don't have access to much instrumentwise, other than maybe going line in with bass, otherwise it will be all digital, probably in ableton, and then i might ask for help to replace some parts when I feel like it's going in the right direction.
How does that sound?

Maybe you could download In the concentration camp from the instaud link and listen to that as it's the currently only finished song
Sounds good man, be sure to keep us posted form time to time with updates!

Gumman is on clyp and almost done, just missing a few overdubs

hey guys, it's me your eurofriend in charge of in the concentration camp over the wall. i'm back (and sober) and going to do some mixing. i dont really have adequate equipment for it (i dont have monitors so...) but i'm gonna do my best.

if there's another song that you guys want me to tackle ( i see the list here, democracy is just communist's daughter sounds pretty cool) i could get started but i have to move all my shit to another apartment (where it will be easier to work) so it'll take me a few hours.

btw based OP for being so diligent with this project

Attached: r71.png (493x402, 3K)

Hey, me and a fellow user are working on another version of Intro/Cryogenic Blues, willing to look at it? We still have to finish it but here it is so far.

clyp.it/kt0gbaoa?token=e1f653bd271698b02f57369854121cb9

ive got a headset mic and a broken drum kit if you want somebody to sperg out on the drums for a minute as a track

All these top notch guitar ideas makes me wish i had a place to record drums.

pffft you're telling me, every time i record something it just sounds so flat, and then it hits me
"it's missing the drums"

Half-decent vocalist/passable guitarist here. Hit me up if there's anything I can contribute.

I am eternally grateful for the fact that I have a friend who lives near me who is willing to come over to my place and record drums when I need him. Few things feel better than finally having drums beneath the tracks you've been working on for monrths, actually grounding them.

Thanks for the kind words eurofriend, yeah I'd be great if you worked on Democracy is (..), and you're based for delivering such great work for the project!
Hmm I don't know what to say, what you've done is really cool but we had a process for claiming tracks and we can't just throw that outta te window man
Hopefully we'll be making more of these and you'll be able to grace us with some drum tracks
Great man, I know for a fact that as tracks get further along we'll need some good vocals.

Combination of North and South user here again
I've been working on the ambient part (it's very long)
I want to add drums at the end, like a blastbeat that goes with the crescendo until it stops at a climax (could any drumanons record that?) which I will then strum out a power chord to transition into the "solo part"
clyp.it/ing5b1pv
tell me what you think so far

right, I'll scrap it. no worries. hope the album works out.

Hey op, I think I might abandon this project. So if someone wants to do she writes, go ahead.
But, if someone has a guitar part I can do it.

>Great man, I know for a fact that as tracks get further along we'll need some good vocals.
Cool. I'll check in every now and then and see where things are at.

It's really cool though man, you could even start working on another track if you're up for it, she writes just openend up
Sad to see you go man but I hope you had fun
great man

We still have other songs unclaimed though.
Your idea might fit another song?

Hi, I’d like to contribute to the album

I have an acoustic guitar, bass, and keyboard. And some recording software.

Song idea and song name already in mind.

Is there a certain sound stylistically, or tonal center I should be aware of?

I forgot to mention that it also samples Jeff Mangum singing "chriiiiiiiiii" to fit with the ITAOTS allusions

I will try she writes. It won't be the same as the last song tho.

I might be able to do a rap but I would need a beat

fucking based, I'm really excited of how things are gonna turn out

Wel song names have been determined already so apart from that we'd love to have you
great man looking forward to it
This is fucking great dude I love it

Gotcha.

What songs are left to claim?

this thread is actually very nice. Good job anons.

Attached: 1536774931355.png (582x847, 1.04M)

Only Anne Frank is Jeff Mangum's wife's daughter but desu I think we could use also one of the other discarded names to give you more freedom so you have that and::
>frankly my dear, i dont give a fuck
>it is done
>this better not be dead now

We-re not adding more tracks btw this is just so user has a choice

These are all better than "Anne Frank is Jeff Mangum's wife's daughter".
I'm ok with this.

Awesome! I will definitely try and make something cool with those options.

One last question(s) before I get to work,

1.) is there supposed to be an overarching theme (melodically, lyrically, genre wise) or just a compilation of whatever Yea Forums shits out?

2.) can we write lyrics to the song we claim or is that someone else’s job?

3.) do you have a potential track listing for this album already set up?

Because ideally I’d like to know the song before and after mine, because I like for songs to flow from one to the next

1 Well Apart from "Anne Frank saves us" there isn't necesairly a theme but beware that this is at it's core a democratic project so if you make something and people are not into it it can be cut out so you can hear some of the links posted and see if yours is atleast in the same ballpark as that
2Yea you can
3The only tracklisting set up is that the opening track is Intro/Cryogenic Blues and the last track is Alright see you guys tomorrow, then.

Also guys I'm going off to lunch for an hour or so so I'd apreciate if some user could answer questions and keep things organized while I'm stuffinig mysef with corn cakes

hey if anyone's around i just re-did a mix:
instaud.io/3sOm
this is about as as good as it's gonna get for me, i'm mixing in headphones/laptop speakers lmao but i tested it on my bose bluetooth speakers and it sounded all right. if anyone else can see if the mix sounds ok on their system, that'd be great.

also, if you do drums or can record drums, please let me know. i was fairly on time (i can only see maybe once or twice that i spill into another measure) so i dont think it'd be too much of a hassle to record (besides, it's nice and slow)

bumping before I go afk for a few hours

Im dude thats making all right guys see u tmrw. Had to study but ill finish in couple hours and come back

I'll get some ideas going for semen stained diary in a few hours, hope you had some nice corn cakes OP.

I'm back
This is great vocals sound much clearer I love it.
Don't worry man I can't wait to see what you've cooked up for us
Thanks man they were really tasty

We have that instrumental of Holland 1945 with those lyrics
vocaroo.com/i/s0N8bCSSMJwp
>the only girl he ever loved
>he had to bring back to life
>he read everything she'd write and it made him cry
>so he had to travel time for the future of mankind
And later
>I'm really sorry for your loss
>but I can't stop the whole holocaust
I say we keep these, have somebody sing over them. If someone drummed and sang over it it wouldn’t sound bad

this is so fucking good

00 here (designated lead singer)
Ive got almost all the tracks recorded, let me know where to send the acapellas

Idk I mean we already have a lot of people doing stuf but of course if someone wants to have a try at using this that'd be cool
Get some better bait man it became stale like 3 threads ago

How we doing boys, any updates?

lovely track, push those vocals up :)

Trumpeter, recorded stuff. Now selecting decent takes
for

So the only tracks left are Democracy and Wife's Daughter? Not sure how those would fit with this. instaud.io/private/35d0ec99b8f42d5831d5c218ff874a18db6f1dd6

i'm doing democracy i just had to pause because i had to haul mu shit from one apartment to another

beautiful guitar playing by the way. i dont know if we're still doing wife's daughter (or at least we might change the title -- OP said it was a bit memey). but your playing is really good.

These are really great user, I think the user that did The Concentration camp said he was gonna do democracy and another user is doing the last track but he hasn't updated yet irc, so unless osme user adds this to their track I don't know where to fit it.
This is Assuming that everyone finishes the track they claimed and no tracks are started again but desu that can still happen at any moment.

That's fucking gorgeous. You guys could totally leave that as it is as the closing track. Use it as a palette cleanser.

I'm excited to see what you recorded!

Yeah I think we'll definetly use that just need to find a space for it

is it fine if i sample nmh and make something interesting out of it? also claiming wife's daughter

Sorry friend we're all out of tracks right now until someone drops theirs or someone goes MIA, atnd we're aiming for original content rather than stuff using nmh as it0s base as this is just an album with a itaots theme rather than a itaots tribute or something, we want it to stan dn it's own .

Thanks for your kind words, guys.

ok then ill save this one for another Yea Forums makes

I'm getting nowhere with semen-stained diary.
I don't think i have a setup where i can do what i want with it right now.
I think it would probably be best to let someone else give it a go.

hey, I'm gone for a day and suddenly we're in part 6, what did I miss since part 2?

Shame man I hope in the future you'll be able to do stuff!
Well a fuck ton, we have our track names, one complete song and a few progress updates you can find in the OP and in the thread, and we're still just making songs, there's currently one track open (semen stained dairy)

>semen stained dairy
tell me more about that song, I can play the bassline and even write some stuff.

Yeah ill finish Alright see you guys tomorrow, then.

Well right now it's an open boo, you could make a bass base from scratch and other user can build upon it.

hey OP, i've been working on democracy (..) today, but i think i have to pause for the night. i'll show you what's up tomorrow ;)

Sounds great man get some good rest you deserve it

Alright, I made something that can only be described as "stale milk that someone came in"... for the worse, I'm afraid. I don't exect anything from it but I wanted to keep recording and see where I'd get to, maybe something catches your ear.
vocaroo.com/i/s0ZjB4lQCgIE

damn this actually sounds pretty cool! keep up the good work guys :)

It's a good idea I like it sounds kinda like sheep era Robert Wyatt but i think it'd be hard to use it as a base because the recording quality isn't really stellar, but if any user out there is good at mixing and thinks they can make it work I'd love to hear it

Sadly, my recording capabilities are limited to what my two-year-old cellphone can offer

Yeah but lo-fi isn't really unheard of so if some brave user wants to tackle it it could work

Question: did you guys post this? Is this a release date for your album?

Attached: AFA0B91B-A6BE-4D79-B285-FC6D9DCA491E.jpg (750x926, 452K)

ha
Nah the idea to do tis litterally came to me on friday and started the same day, the release date for ours is whenever it's ready

is there anything left? not gonna read through the thread unless there's something left for me to do

we're in the overdub stages for most songs, though it would be helpful for someone to post a list of how far along each song is

yep, we're working on semen stained dairy. As far as I'm concerned the only thing done is this very rough sketch of me improvising so basically it's open for everyone and anyone to play around with.

gumman is also almost done, just waiting for the drummer and trumpet player to post their recordings.

oh okay. i'm out then, have a fun album guys.

i chipped in big time on "folk you, from me to Yea Forums" (came up with the title and contributed the song "just me and my 4 inch penis")

Just wanted to shill a bit more for my name suggestion so you fags don't forget:
"we're only in it for the (you)'s"

Attached: based 8.png (278x297, 7K)

mfw I'm here just reading comments because i can't contribute to making any songs cause i can't play any fucking instruments

Attached: 1552806785933.jpg (640x480, 42K)

You can contribute on semen stained diary user we'd love to have you!
Tbh this is my personal opinion and name deciding will be elected democratically, but that's a shit name
Think of it this way, yor bump has contributed more than 99% of the board that are out an about sitposting , so thanks!

>but that's a shit name
Do you uhh... know what the name is referencing?

Attached: file.png (355x350, 333K)

Trumpet guy here. Here you go
mega.nz/#F!6IxhiYTC!NZZKLF0dh2t_Wlld85iHeg

Yes I know and I've seen that nameused on like 5 mu makes an album, it's overplayed and generic

>I've seen that nameused on like 5 mu makes an album
you mean on 5 albums made my Yea Forums?
>it's overplayed and generic
It certainly isn't

Attached: HMMMMMMMMMMMM.png (564x420, 7K)

Yes tha name has been used tons of times on mu albums, and we're trying to make something witha bit more substance than those so having a memey name (that's been used before) will probably discourage people from giving it a chance as they'll just say "oh it's another of those albums ful of sped up all star", also we clearly have a theme for the album so having a completely unrelated joke would be retarded, it certainly is overplayed considering it's been used before and we're trying to bring a bit more creativity into these than usual and it's generic because it's a title that'd work on any album made by Yea Forums, it says nothing about our project

yo im sampling some of these for user see u tmrw i think idk well see

It's late here, I'm going to sleep now. See you tomorrow

Can you upload it to vocaroo aswell, please?

Attached: sad 13.jpg (474x503, 39K)

voocaroo kills the quality user do you have a roblem with mega?

Uhhh... guess not, whatever.

gumman user here, thanks a bunch! Working on mixing them right now!

>play "take5"
>isn't actually Take Five
Also, very nice

Hi guys, I'm the wagecuck user with the piano and guitar, just letting you know they fucked the schedule up with week so turns out I'm fucked for Monday, I'm good Tuesday though

any words on the drummer? He said he was working on some stuff but that was almost 24 hours ago

Damn user the more time that passes the less I can guarantee you'll have a song to do by then but hopefully you'll be able to add piano parts.
Yeah doesn't seem like he's poped up

how are we going to go on about with the album art?

I think album art should come after album ame, and desu everybody is free to discuss album names so everyone reading suggest one if you got it, we could also go with one of the track titles

Damn I wish I would’ve found this sooner and been able to contribute a song but I’m still excited to see what the finished product will be.

Side note: I could possibly make a cover if that hasn’t been covered.

Damn thanks for the suport though user, maybe you can make a song for a future projec.
The cover situation is still kinda iffy because we don't have the album name and that'll get sorted atleast tomorrow

Gumman is done with exception of drum part!

Attached: thumbs up 12.gif (260x195, 1.55M)

That's great!!!

Album title should be determined by trips, as is tradition.
But I think a vote should be allowed at end the so that we aren't stuck with a shitty name

I mentioned yesterday my idea for an album cover which would be a first person view of someone holding up a burning match to a pile of Anne Frank's diaries, just a suggestion

Hey this is where I'm at with cryo blues, it's preety much 90% done any feedback would be really apreciated, I know the singing is shite but as we're doing kindof an ITAOTS tribute I said fuck it.
clyp.it/fuu21vdn
Nah I think doing another free for all rolling thing would be way too chaotic but we'll pass that hurdle when it gets to us

Oh wow I really should of lowered the levels on the singing they're way too loud even for an update sorry if I killed your ears

it's pretty good desu

thanks !

Album names?:
•in the air 1929, fallen 1945
•soaked diary
•the wet dream of jeff mangum
•second aeroplane
Idk if these are good, do with them as you wish

Hey everyone as it seems it's windig down for today I just wanted to let anyone who sees this know the next thread will probably be tomorrow whenever I get form uni at around 2pm so like 15-16 hours from now

Yeah lets all just finish this tomorrow.

I'm okay with either outcome, just happy to be hear

what time zone?

Idk for your time just look at the time of my post and addd 15

Yea Forums still makes albums? cool.. are there any songs left i could do? or is this one already full?

I know this thread is dying now but I wanted to post my progress with North and South
Here is the solo part that still needs some work
The vocals are definitely not final, and if someone else wants they can sing them
It also doesn't have bass yet
clyp.it/e0pmihlx

This one's already full man at the moment but tune into future threads because it's common for people to drop songs
Woah this is sounding great man, I love the drum buildups they sound fucking sick!

are threads posted daily or is it a sunday thing? i did a few songs for the guy who used the "whole damn town productions" bandcamp. it was fun, but those were always "holy shit i have to make this song in 4 hours" type deals.

Yeah they're daily untill we get this album done then we'll take a small break and start a new one