What makes this album so great compared to others?

What makes this album so great compared to others?

Attached: MyBloodyValentineLoveless600-2.jpg (600x600, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=QoFjoT4pxHA.
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the notes and rhythms and stuff

Infinite replay value

It’s actually original and innovative. Most shoegaze is incredibly derivative. There’s some good stuff but the vast majority of the genre isn’t that worth while

Loveless is severely overrated. Isn't Anything is better.

Attached: MBV - Isnt Anything.jpg (1080x1080, 103K)

Songwriting, production, influence.

Simply put, the textures/guitar effects along with the tuning/chord progressions, along with the aesthetics/mood of the album. The combination makes for something unique, at least during its time

This

They literally played this album at the salon I used to go to. And I think they had the album cover art displayed on the wall with some dried flowers. Just the blandest, squeaky-voiced school-teacher-type white women in their mid-thirties love playing this as background noise while they brush toner onto aging women's scalps and discuss the television shows they're currently binging.

People like to say it's all in the production, but the songwriting is what makes it special. People are too focused on experimenting with wacky textures these days and forgot to write a decent hook.

The Perfect blend of artistry imaginative vision and technical mastery. The hazy noise elements obscure melodies that are rich instantaneously Cathy. When you sleep on piano sounds like a mcarthny esqe singer songwriter baled m.youtube.com/watch?v=QoFjoT4pxHA. But what really elevates was it is Kevin’s glide gutair work. A style totally of his own and requiring quite a bit of technical proficiency. Also the mixing is masterful

DUDE ACID LMAO

The dissonance brooooo

no gf

its just relaxing. no other shoegaze album is able to capture the same emotion loveless gives, its all too upbeat, not distorted enough or just borderline indie rock

>loveless is an acid album!
alrighty then mr t. 16 year old who’s never had a beer

Memorable melodies. Like every other great album in history.

It’s really more boozy and extacy inspired. You can definitely hear the hazy but colorful and energenic roots of the Madchester scene. But it’s also one of the few albums I’ve found that actually sounds drunken

But the album has no decent hook except like the one in When You Sleep. This album is ALL in its technical production values. Slowdive were far better hook writers, among other bands in the genre. Strumming basic chords then doing a boring melody for chorus is lambasted as lazy in pop songs, yet praised on this album.

Attached: 1549021572253.jpg (398x600, 58K)

I can't stand this album anymore dude

Weird, for me it’s always been the perfect album to slip back into when I have nothing to listen to. It’s just so passionate and pitch perfect

I've just over listened it

wew lad.

not him, but do you actually think the guitar work on this album is simple? it's basically one of the best written guitar/pop albums ever made, and if you can't see that, you might need to spend more time understanding music.

The sheer autism of Kevin Shields during the recording.

Loveless is ear-torture on acid because there's so much going on.

layered shit is the best on acid tho. Agreed tho this isn’t that good on acid because of how grainy the sound quality is. Acid is really good for lush sounds