Why does Spotify exist?

redpill me on this program. Why use this when I can just use Soulseek to download mp3s? Or youtube atleast as a quick way to preview music to decide if I want to download or not? Why do so many people use this (assumingly pointless and redundant) program?

Attached: tyjtyjtyj.png (1200x630, 7K)

because not everyone is a neet like you and leaves their house and would like to bring music with them without worrying about keeping a music player up to date. if you cant see the benefits of instant access to an extremely wide variety of music then i believe you're an autistic virgin.

Because they can't afford Tidal HD. :^)

Youtube was not as great for streaming music when spotify came around in 2008.

Spotify is simply the easiest way to listen to music, especially on your phone. It's that simple. I prefer using slsk and foobar, but if you're asking why spotify exists and why it's popular, there you go.

>go to Soulseek
>type in artist, track/album name
>find a version that isnt in shit quality
>fix tags, album cover etc etc
>transfer to your phone/portable listening device through usb

or you could just
>open spotify
>type in artist, song/album name
>listen
>save it and have it on every device straight away

How hard is it to understand?

But portable mp3 players are a thing since, well, the first year of the ipod. You can just download mp3 from there and transfer it into your mp3 player. Free of charge. Are the lot of you zoomers just too young dumb and full of cum to aknowledge the golden age of free music? What gives?
Isn't the spotify client much more memory/cpu-draining than something as barebones as soulseek though?
Also, what if I want to look up demo releases by bands put out in (let's say) the 90's? In other words, how extensive is Spotify's library? Does it also include every release by artists in foreign countries like Japan, as well?

Can't find any good shit on spotify, only commercial garbage i hear on the radio everyday anyway.

t. fucking dumbass retard

It's true, you can deny it all you want.
Spotify is for niggers who just want something in the background and that is hip so they'll impress the ladies.

This is a screenshot of task manager while playing a song on Spotify. Not that cpu/memory draining if you ask me. I sometimes find myself not finding what I want on Spotify, in that case I just download it from slsk and import it into Spotify, which then automatically transfers it to my phone also. I've never regretted getting a spotify family subscription with my friends which is dirt cheap for all the music you get. Dont make other people "redpill" you on stuff you can try for yourself

Attached: Screenshot_3.png (1250x352, 43K)

trying too hard buddy
the spotify having only mainstream shit meme died in 2010

as someone who both pirates music AND uses spotify, please stop being retarded
get it through your thick skull that not everyone wants to spend the time pirating music when you can just use an easy service anywhere you are with several other valuable features like playlists and discovery

I use Soulseek a lot for more obscure shit, but Spotify is frankly more convenient when I'm out of the house and suddenly want to hear an album on a whim. I used to wait until I got home, download a mass of albums on Soulseek, and upload it all to my phone. It takes way too long if you do more than a few and you're out of the house a lot. I get to listen to more music than normal with Spotify premium.
Have you never wanted to listen to an album when in the car or something, but couldn't because you haven't downloaded it yet?
Also five dollars a month is literally nothing. A fraction of one hour of work. For me it's a no-brainer

Attached: 1536627543526.jpg (900x900, 109K)

Who said anything about pirating music? Get into your thick skull that everything is not on Spotify.

>Who said anything about pirating music?
The OP? Almost everyone else ITT?

>Who said anything about pirating music?
literally the first post when it mentions Soulseek
>Get into your thick skull that everything is not on Spotify.
Ok, and? That's why I pirate music and use Spotify, best of both worlds

also
>Get into your thick skull
It's get it in to your thick skull, you thickskulled retard.

what do you listen to

Missed that part so jokes on me i guess.
And for you to be able to pirate something, somebody else bought a physical copy of many releases and ripped them (mostly older stuff since today many get download codes with their albums).
A lot of things everything between jazz, metal, hardcore, noise, pop, electronic music, movie soundtracks etc., Depends on the mood i'm in.

>Don't make other people "redpill" you on stuff you can try for yourself.
I just did make you, and with good results. Thank you for enlightening me, now I can live knowing Spotify is for zoomers that can't bear going camping without leaving "the internet" and videogames at home. :)
Okay.
One of those posts is not me.
You still didn't touch on my question about library extensiveness. I doubt I'd find many of the international demo stuff I listen to. Don't waste your effort though, because I've now made a decision.

Thanks guys. ~OP

because im not a rockist pleb who exclusively listens to albums, and spotify is a great tool for conveniently saving single songs and making playlists

And thank you for making the same useless daily anti-spotify thread, retard

Other people make this thread in here? Hahaahahah!
I wouldn't know, since I can never lurk here for more than a few hours because of how insufferably elitist and cancerous it is here.
Haven't posted in here in months.
With that said, I wish upon Yea Forums a thousand anti-spotify threads!
Ahahahahah!

They have all the classical music you could ever need at the click of a button. Downloading is a waste of time, this shit is literally the same but faster.

This. God I wish it wasn't true but I just listen to so much more music now that I have Spotify. It's why I hate this stupid library limit I'll eventually approach. What are they fucking thinking?

Attached: Inferno_Witchu.png (600x600, 238K)

some people value different things

tell me on how spotify plans on being profitable so i can feel comfortable buying stock in their company

Please refrain from posting again, newfag

they pay artists a fraction of what they deserve and sue them if they ask for more

>Ahahahahah!

Attached: B asian mario teaching.png (300x480, 315K)

because it's handy to make online kept playlists and I can scrobble what I am listening to while riding my bike

Slay, queen! yas!

Attached: bjcejxl1acpy.jpg (520x588, 121K)

>valuable features like playlists and discovery

Attached: 1549975057028.jpg (480x640, 57K)

how do i remove spotify ads on desktop? (i'm not paying for subscription)

i make enough money I can pay for the convenience of spotify. slsk and redacted for everything else

get a job and pay premium, you fucking neet

have a job and I'm sure i make more money than you do. I'm still not paying for spotify

I literally had something I like removed from spotify a while ago.
It's renting music.
It's not a problem because I have it downloaded, but with your mentality nobody would bother preserving anything, and then they'd act all surprised when the company they rent it from decides not to offer it anymore.

Then you just download from whatever sources you have at your disposal, which should be at least 3.

Probably new age sewer funkadelic death metal or some other meme shit

>A lot of things everything between jazz, metal, hardcore, noise, pop, electronic music, movie soundtracks etc., Depends on the mood i'm in.

t. tasteless Yea Forumstant that listens whatever Yea Forums dictates him to.

kys

Not really, if that had been the case i would love spotify. I don't really listen to modern music at all.

Attached: 1516292384919.jpg (600x568, 38K)

>I don't really listen to modern music at all

Why do people like yourself always get upset?
I don't crave validation for whatever garbage i listen to, don't really care what other people listen to either.

There are exceptions of course.

Because you can listen to my band, FRESH CENTURION. Enjoy, profit.

Attached: USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image--1475434351.jpeg_1553427783266.jpg (1080x520, 79K)

>Why does Spotify exist?
they want your money, retard

Some of us have a job and a wife to fuck, cannot spend half a day looking for download links

I have Spotify for convenient streaming and saved files for music that I can't get in Spotify or if I want to have it unshackled to any software. It's not either downloading or streaming, you can have both if you're not a total sperg retard.

Spotify is for dumb idiots

are you fucking retarded? they told you plenty of times already that the stuff you don't find you can just go to soulseek download it then import it into spotify

redpill me on this vehicle. Why use this when I can just use my bike or walk where I'm gonna go? Or take the bus atleast as a quick way to get to where I wanna be? Why do so many people use this (assumingly pointless and redundant) vehicle?

Attached: car.jpg (2400x1800, 760K)

because my phone has no space for music.
I only use it when I go out, it is frankly useful, and I use my grandpa's account so I don't pay for it,

kek seething incel

Spotify is for normie Generation-Z asshole who only have a phone and have the most generic shit taste in music. They have never downloaded music because it's "hard" or "inconvenient". It's for lazy teens and brain-dead idiots that have to have a hand-curated selection of mainstream shit because their mush brains can't get into anything else. Also, Spotify shills are every where on Yea Forums.

if you listen to music at all you're a fucking zoomer, hope y'all get fucking banned

>shit-tier analogy
How embarrassing!

It curates great playlists based on your listening habits. I appreciate it greatly. It's introduced me to tons of music I'd have never heard before.

>believes that spotify is the best way of transport

Attached: kanyewestbbcinterview.jpg (381x381, 20K)

It's more convenient, duh? why are you so autistic?

if you dislike piracy, like I do for some reasons (you won't go to jail if you don't pirate, and you pay the artists a little money) then spotify is better

>you won't go to jail if you don't pirate

Attached: 1545369556175.gif (300x168, 285K)

for a lot of people, pirating is the only illegal thing they do.