Is there anything more talentless than prog?

Attached: 61sDk-Lk-mL.jpg (500x500, 74K)

This post

Rap
Kpop

OP

Basically every other genre

prog technical wankery

Certainly not your mom sucking my dick

progressive rock/metal is for people who prefer listening to instruments over listening to music

This post and OP

I hate prog but it's definitely not talentless

only small brain niggas think prog is bad because they don't understand it and don't listen to classical or jazz so they think its pretentious

Don't be afraid. I'm sure your penis is bigger than the national average. Just remember; always measure from the base (which is more than skindeep).

THIS - desu they are just as bad as old women but they think they are so hardcore, strict, music loving guys who are playing the only real music around when they only like music into these precious little boxes of "sounds good to me".

I showed this prog rock guy Joanna Newsom and pretty much screamed in my face about how there was pretty much only repetitive harp sounds and when was there going to be actual MUSIC!! I said the lyrics are masterful and he said OH THE LYRICS ABOUT RAINBOWS AND SAWDUST? FUCK OFF!

Most of his favorite songs are like Periphery or Dream Theater, where they have very growled out or unfocused lyrics, this guy never tries following the narrative of the song or what the lyrics are saying so he can't get into hip hop unless its "trancey".

The funny thing is mostly he cannot handle growl or scream vocals at all besides Periphery. He also has taste issues with power metal, buttrock, thrash, like I said with the precious little boxes. He also loathes Nirvana and most grunge and even Jazz.

He likes prog, movie soundtracks, symphonic metal, normal rock but it can't be pop rock or he gets pissed easily, hes trying to start his own metal band so he knows a lot about music theory and I feel too intimidated to really challenge his assumptions.

Ambient and noise

Joke's on you I am 7 and a half inches

Also I may have made this guy actually appear somewhat based, and I do hangout with him but just saying its frustrating when he can't even like Death Grips or Shoegaze like MBV/Slowdive or heavy lyrical stuff like he almost strangled me when I showed him Swans - To Be Kind and Titus Andronicus - The Monitor. I guess we have a weird friendship lol

stop hanging around with total airheads

he does sound very based

Your post, pop, kpop, rap, hiphop

Fine. I'll take the bait.
You can call prog pretentious or boring but to call one of the most complex genres of all popular music "talentless" is just wrong.

>one of the most complex genres

You liar, according the the GBOWR the shortest person is 21.5 inches.

What genre of popular music is more complex than prog?

>What genre of popular music is more complex than prog?
jazz

Jazz isn't popular music. Not to mention Jazz-Fusion exists.

Instruments are the backbone of music. You can't have music that isn't fairly basic (singing) without instruments.

if the average person you meet knows that jazz exists it's popular.

Jazz does and always has fulfilled the purpose of popular music. Its experimentation did nothing more than to expand the range of sounds that could be commercially viable.

Some of it is pretentious dull wanking, some of it is pretentious fun wanking. Depends if the band felt like making actual songs that go with it.

My homies...
Can't we just listen to rock music that doesnt follow a verse prechorus chorus verse chorus bridge chorus formula? I like listening to the jazz approach of prog when it comes to improv.

>my anecdotal experience with an autistic retard proves the genre is bad

what did he mean by this ?

the instrumentation is emotionless, awkward, and serves no purpose other than for the musicians to show "huhuhuhu look how fast i can play huhuh"

99% of prog is r/iamverysmart

Jazz fusion is the shit, more people should listen to it.